AMADOR - Everyone's football

I may have a gem on my hands ...

3rd game in and my two first choice forwards for East Anglia are not up for it, so the decision in the dressing room is to give Chris Patel the start up top. 27 minutes in and the lad justifies his selection with a stunning volley from around the penalty spot.

78 minutes in and I'm decided - he's starting every game I can get him in from now on. Running on to the through ball he takes one touch and flights a delicious shot from just inside the area, leaving the keeper completely stranded and looking like a right plum.

3 wins from 3 and East Anglia currently hold joint top spot with Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.

@sniglet What a finish! Very close with his swivel and shot for the hat-trick too! Talk about taking his opportunity! Guess those two will think twice about deciding not to play in the rain next time :)

Awesome, I shall try and install it as soon as my memory card arrives sometime this week.

I am planning to try it on both PC & PS2 as the balls and stadiums will be nice on PC but the super smooth PS2 experience should be sweet too.

Yeh i played a couple of games and i like the randomness and there are more midfield battles. I like the way you can take a shot from 25 yrds and the goalie may or may not spill it. It does add an extra something to the game :)

@pes.player88 A few below. It's hard to categorise them like that as many have good and bad parts to their game. They might be quick (relative to the rest) but have poor technique, yet great in the air, and so on. Best way is to download the demo option file and have a look through for yourself. All the demo teams are at the start (first 13 teams) :)

playersexample.jpg

@pes.player88 A few below. It's hard to categorise them like that as many have good and bad parts to their game. They might be quick (relative to the rest) but have poor technique, yet great in the air, and so on. Best way is to download the demo option file and have a look through for yourself. All the demo teams are at the start (first 13 teams) :)

Great stuff, i was mainly keen to see what was considered a top player and what was considered average and low.

Seems like for technical's 75 is the average with a few attributes being low 80's.

Just had a great exhibition game between two German sides. 25 minute match. They went 1-0 up, I hit back to lead 2-1 at half time. They got back to 2-2 before I took the lead again with about 20 minutes to go. Then in stoppage time they got a corner. First one I headed out but it got headed back in again and was dropping down by the bar so my keeper tipped it over. Second corner came in, my defender got to it and headed it into his own net!

(Ignore the emblems they're just place holders)

33.JPG

Hi guys just a thought but is it worth putting the download link in the first post?

Also, kind of :OT: but, can anybody recommend a cheap but good lap top that will play retro AMADOR pes? Along with what graphic cards etc...?

@geeeeee: Good idea, will put it on the first post.
About the laptop, I'm far from an expert so I can't say much about this; however, be sure my 10-year-old HP which still uses Vista is able to run it smoothly, so whatever laptop you choose you'll be fine :D

@geeeeee I would think pretty much anything would run the basic PES6 game. If you want to make the most of getting a better resolution then one that can do 1920*1080 display would be beneficial and I would say with a dedicated graphics card rather than integrated but then you're probably looking at £400+ for one with a dedicated graphic card. But I'm sure an integrated one would be fine, the game is after all over 10 years old. I have played PES6 fine on my laptop that is now 7yrs old and that only had an integrated graphics card. I can't recall the specs off the top of my head but it was pretty decent at the time, but not a gaming laptop by any stretch of the imagination.

Right, we're going to throw this open to anyone who'd like to do this. It would be a great help and you'd also be involved with creating part of the Amador world in the final file. There's also a carrot.

As we have mentioned the National teams as a whole are not part of the file because firstly that's not the main aspect of the Amador World and also secondly because of course with this one being based in Western Europe most countries would not have enough players anyway. However the 13 countries that are fully represented (well 12 1/2 if you count Switzerland as only partly represented) will be able to be fully formed Amateur National Teams. This is actually pretty exciting when you think about. We will be able to have a Amador West European Championships with the best Amador players in the file.

So, what is it we're asking?

Would you like to pick one of the National Team squads? The idea came to me after a discussion with *Ale who will be taking on the role of picking Italy's 23 man squad for the final file. This leaves 12 other's open for anyone who would like to pick one.

Now the only way to do it is to take the first reply for any country as being the 'winner'. Its unfortunate if you don't see this until someone else has taken the country you would have liked to do but there's no other way to do it than that. If that's the case why not take on another one anyway?

What's in it for you? The chance to be ridiculed by your National press when the team you pick fails miserably at the Amador West Euro's :LOL: Isn't that how international management works? :D

No, actually there is something in it for you. You get your own personal demo file with the teams from the country you choose to do. From that you'll need to select a 23 man squad and let me know what it is. Please take it seriously and pick a decent squad as it'll go in the final file. Best way will probably be to do a few tournaments or a League with the teams and see who looks good, who plays well in your team or the opponents and so on.

There's a slight problem with Wales at the moment in the sense they are all Bosnian :LMAO: This is because when Juce created the import option on the peseditor he made it on request and part of it was that they wanted different countries to be in their patch. One of which was Bosnia and that replaced Wales. So in the code anyone with Wales as a nationality is switched to Bosnian. Result of which is you can't get them in the Wales squad in the game. Changing them to Bosnian makes them Welsh but you still can't get them in the Wales squad. Anyway @peterc10 is kindly going to try and look into this over the next week or so and hopefully find a way to remove that from the code. So in the meantime anyone picking Wales will have to choose from the players who are showing as Bosnian :)

***You can only pick one country*** (we may do a second round if there are any left once the first one's are done)

Countries Picked (I'll amend this as we go along)

England TAKEN @rsl1

Scotland

N. Ireland

R. Ireland

Wales

Portugal

Spain

France

Germany

Switzerland

Netherlands

Belgium

Italy TAKEN @*aLe

Many thanks to anyone willing to help :) Please don't share your file with anyone else, we trust you not to. :)

Last edited:
AMADOR: Mr. [your name here], our club wants you!
So by now you know the Amador World, you know the teams, you know the players, and you have a Demo to try it all out. However, there'll be 144 teams available on the Western Federation of Europe alone, so how will you make a decision on which team to pick?
Don't worry, each of these teams are about to make your decision ever harder.

Açores - Portugal
Letter from Team Açores' Board:
azores-acores.jpg
- Pictures of Açores (woman comes separatedly; not included on the final version)

Hello Mr. [yourname].
Moving to Açores will be the best decision you'll ever make in your life. It'll transcend football completely.
You won't just be managing an amateur football team, you'll be living on one of the most breathtaking places on Earth.
Açores is a man's paradise: it's a group of tiny islands on the middle of an ocean that separates you from the rest of the world. Its cities are more like small towns (and are all rather picturesque), the landscapes are unique and some claim that there's a ratio of two cows per Açores' inhabitant - it's worth noting that "cow" in portuguese ("vaca") is often used as a rather offensive word replacing "woman", so we might never know what they really meant when they made that claim.
I say, find out for yourself.

800px-Azores_CIA.jpg

Açores on Wikipedia

I just had an amazing game with Emilia-Romagna in the ML test. It was our fourth game of the season against Navarro, having already met them twice in the cup. The first three games were very tight with two 0-0's and a 1-1. All 25 minute matches.

This one was equally tight, only...

Also check out the shots on target.

45.JPG

Also had this great moment. Got in behind, got to the line, pulled it back to the man running into the space...

Also at the end check out @rsl1 's official ball in action :)

Oh FFS! :LOL:

@sniglet :LOL: Did you know he later went on to form his own team? Apparently it's called Stevie Gerrard's Rangers. :D

@mattmid , what I find hilarious about that whole thing is, as you no doubt know. Liverpool "Football Club" has nearly more fans from the south of Ireland than from Liverpool and what they make of Stevie G becoming Stevie Ranger is priceless.

As you can gather, I don't do blind tribalism, a sense of place and belonging need not go to extremes of identity sectarianism.
:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@WhoAteMeDinner I'm not even sure what that is? The only ranking list is the one in ML if you mean that, but that's it.

I did wonder about that, being as they are very much in the Celtic camp! It sadly seems all the Celtic v Rangers rivalry is about to some (most?)

I do find it particularly funny that the battle between Brendan Rogers and Stevie G is being won by Hearts :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom