AMADOR - Everyone's football

I know this is not a video of a goal or of a save, but the pain in Presicci's face when he realized that, despite his last ditch attempt, the ball struck by Veneto's attacker would still be going to roll into the net made my heart ache a little:

CWZEtMw.jpg

By the way, this happened while I was testing Veneto's kits, so you can see their away kit here. :)

BIG QUESTION TO ALL:

I am genuinely intrigued by all the focus on these retro pes threads about kits and stadiums. What would you all consider more important in a PES game, how it looks or how it plays ?

(* In other words, cut out all the bolloxology of the last ten years of PES games, end all the MyClub, cards, coins and GPs and just get back to the brilliant gameplay of the PES 2 to PES 6 era).

:THINK::THINK::THINK:

@WhoAteMeDinner Basically, exactly what @geeeeee said. Gameplay is number 1 without a doubt but if you can have it looking great too it can only add to the immersion and enjoyment.

I mean why wouldn't you want to play with this on top of the gameplay?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

@MartanCJ Hopefully Sany can do an all in one installer when it's ready to go, but in the mean time I highly recommend installing his pes6 original install as it installs to a separate game folder and you can use that for this. The final download will have all the kits with a map to just drop into the kitserver folder and a couple of files to go into the kitserver/dat folder. Then you should be good to go. But, yes, hopefully he will do an all-in-one. :)

I personally don't think the kingsley physics thing will be good for this (others may disagree) but with the stats as they are the default physics are fine I think because the first touch etc is already 'loose' with a lot of players.

Thanks for all the replies, and I do like seeing the lovely kits and club badges posted on here, don't get me wrong. I am a bit partially sighted, (especially in my left eye) and so HD graphics and fancy looking player rendering is a bit meaningless to me.

See, my beef is really directed at Konami Tokyo game studio, they went down a different path to gameplay many years ago I feel and it is all a bit of faff and fluff now.

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

Thanks for all the replies, and I do like seeing the lovely kits and club badges posted on here, don't get me wrong. I am a bit partially sighted, (especially in my left eye) and so HD graphics and fancy looking player rendering is a bit meaningless to me.

See, my beef is really directed at Konami Tokyo game studio, they went down a different path to gameplay many years ago I feel and it is all a bit of faff and fluff now.

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

If you was to ask me the same question regarding gameplay or graphics for new PES’ then i would 100% want them to improve the gameplay over graphics. I can’t stand all the fancy cut scenes and celebrations. The first thing i do on retro PES is turn off commentary and match introduction thingy where they walk on the pitch. Although i would leave that on if making a video and want the team formation displayed etc...

One thing i like about retro PES is being able to press x x x to cut out the celebrations really quickly. Although if it’s an important goal or game then i keep it running.

AMADOR: Mr. [your name here], our club wants you!

Alentejo - Portugal
Letter from Team Alentejo's Board:
paisagem_24_12274054364ee3b31671829.jpg

Olá, Mr. [yourname].
Alentejo is not for the faint of heart. It's for the tough.
The "wild west" of Portugal is a calm, unspoiled place. There are no skyscrapers, no mega-cities, just nature and people adapting to it.
And then, there's this. And a whole lot of this. Driving around in our region, this is what you'll find most of the time. Some people would claim it's a boring landscape, I'd say it's the perfect place to run around naked while screaming like a maniac - no one's going to hear or see you, since the next village is too-many-miles-away.

However, Alentejo has lost a big portion of its population over the last 40 years or so - due to its people having migrated to the big cities looking for tertiary-sector jobs; and the people who stayed were the older part of the population, which means nowadays there are entire villages with only +60-year-olds. So when you take the reins of our Alentejo Amador team, your objective is to make sure we can field 11 players in each match...winning matches is rather secondary. Due to the aging population, on home matches you're likely to see the attendance drop a good 40% since the beginning of the match until the 90th minute. If you still manage to win the league title, we won't even know where to celebrate it - even if we did we'd have to schedule it so that it wouldn't coincide with the TV broadcast of The Price is Right. Or with the evening's soap opera. Or the afternoon, after having too many Açordas à Alentejana one's got to rest. 7am would be fine though.

Alentejo is for the man who likes to live life at his own pace, providing that pace is slow as hell.

Alentejo on Wikipedia

AMADOR: Mr. [your name here], our club wants you!

Alentejo - Portugal
Letter from Team Alentejo's Board:
paisagem_24_12274054364ee3b31671829.jpg

Olá, Mr. [yourname].
Alentejo is not for the faint of heart. It's for the tough.
The "wild west" of Portugal is a calm, unspoiled place. There are no skyscrapers, no mega-cities, just nature and people adapting to it.
And then, there's this. And a whole lot of this. Driving around in our region, this is what you'll find most of the time. Some people would claim it's a boring landscape, I'd say it's the perfect place to run around naked while screaming like a maniac - no one's going to hear or see you, since the next village is too-many-miles-away.

However, Alentejo has lost a big portion of its population over the last 40 years or so - due to its people having migrated to the big cities looking for tertiary-sector jobs; and the people who stayed were the older part of the population, which means nowadays there are entire villages with only +60-year-olds. So when you take the reins of our Alentejo Amador team, your objective is to make sure we can field 11 players in each match...winning matches is rather secondary. Due to the aging population, on home matches you're likely to see the attendance drop a good 40% since the beginning of the match until the 90th minute. If you still manage to win the league title, we won't even know where to celebrate it - even if we did we'd have to schedule it so that it wouldn't coincide with the TV broadcast of The Price is Right. Or with the evening's soap opera. Or the afternoon, after having too many Açordas à Alentejana one's got to rest. 7am would be fine though.

Alentejo is for the man who likes to live life at his own pace, providing that pace is slow as hell.

Alentejo on Wikipedia

@miguelfcp , sounds like the right club for the likes of Espinas or Macco, proper hard men who like an agricultural tackle, but also are capable of beautiful football, just like that fantastic Portuguese scenery. CR7 I can also picture running bare-chested through that hay field, eight pack on display.

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

Sorry guys for disappearing but I'm having a very busy period... My quest for the ultimate Italian XI is going on anyway and soon you'll see the 23 men that will proudly represent Italy at the Amador Euro Cup (if any).

For now, I'll just present you some of the supporters who have already seen Bobo Fortini and Samuele Elli pair up upfront:

001.gif
001.gif

001.gif
001.gif
001.gif

001.gif
001.gif

...and this is the current state of Fortini and Elli: :WASTED: (yeah, they're playing like drunken men are expected to do, at the moment)

Last edited:
I am genuinely intrigued by all the focus on these retro pes threads about kits and stadiums. What would you all consider more important in a PES game, how it looks or how it plays ?
I think it's a combination of both honestly (both of them are important to have a good game after all), but my judgement is leaning towards "how it plays".

I could play a game that plays gret and has 'just OK' graphics (like these old PES games), but on the other hand I could hardly force myself to play a game that looks gorgeous but has 'meh' or 'just OK' gameplay.
I've given up on many good-looking games for that reason, last but not least PES 2018.

@*aLe , I don't know how any of you can play any of the PES games from recent years. I admit that PES 6 looks much nicer than PES 3 too. But PES 3 is the better game by far. And later games I played like PES 2009 and PES 2010 were just.......:SICK::SICK::SICK:

An update on East Anglia then ...

Firstly, I have a miss that's about as epic as @mattmid 's Stevie G impression ... I mean what the?! Was symptomatic of my start to season 2. After finishing as champions(!) in the first season, we have started slowly up until this point.

Fortunately, Baden-Württemberg are just awful and have been propping up the league since the beginning of season 1 and they were our next game. A record win for East Anglia, 3-0, with a hat-trick of first time shots including a lovely soft finish for the 2nd goal.

Chris Patel's career goes from strength to strength - currently 2nd place (one goal behind the leader) on the all-time goal scoring charts over the two seasons so far.

@sniglet :D The second goal was my favourite I think. We'll have to wait and see if Chris Patel's makes @rsl1 's official England squad.

Which reminds me, if anyone wants to make anyone else's National Team squad, just let me know.

@sniglet :D The second goal was my favourite I think. We'll have to wait and see if Chris Patel's makes @rsl1 's official England squad.

Which reminds me, if anyone wants to make anyone else's National Team squad, just let me know.

If Chris doesn't get a look in, at least on the bench, then @rsl1 and I will have words. The lad deserves it (in my completely unbiased opinion and without having seen any of the other England-based squads). :D

Chris Patel...? Never heard of him :D

I wouldn't want to face the wrath of one of this threads main contributors so all I can say is that he is certainly in contention...
@sniglet DM me for my paypal details to send your donations to :LMAO:

Chris Patel...? Never heard of him :D

I wouldn't want to face the wrath of one of this threads main contributors so all I can say is that he is certainly in contention...
@sniglet DM me for my paypal details to send your donations to :LMAO:

Well, if he doesn't get in the squad I'll just have to console myself with the fact he'll stay rested and uninjured during international breaks. ;)

You've obviously been to Big Sam's School of Football Ethics. A brown envelope full of non-sequential £20 notes will be under the large plant-pot by your front door before the day is out.

Chris Patel must be on cloud nine right now, he never thought he'd see the day he'd be the subject of an online forum discussion!

AMADOR - Western Federation ... Release Date: October 5th
On October 5th, the full Western Federation database comes out with all the teams and players for you to play with.

Team List
PORTUGAL
- Norte
- Beiras
- Grande Lisboa
- Alentejo
- Algarve

Autonomous Regions:
- Madeira
- Açores

ESPAÑA

- Andalucía
- Aragón
- Asturias
- Cantabria
- Castilla-La-Mancha
- Castilla y León
- Cataluña
- Comunidad Madrid
- Comunidad Valenciana
- Extremadura
- Galicia
- La Rioja
- Murcia
- Navarra
- País Vasco

+ the islands:
- Islas Canarias
- Islas Baleares

FRANCE
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
- Bretagne
- Centre-Val de Loire
- Grand Est
- Hauts-de-France
- Île-de-France
- Normandie
- Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- Occitanie
- Pays de la Loire
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur

+ the island:
- Corse

BELGIQUE
- Anvers
- Brabant flamland
- Brabant wallon
- Flandre-Occidentale
- Flandre-Orientale
- Hainaut
- Liège
- Limbourg
- Luxembourg
- Namur

SUISSE
- Argovie
- Berne
- Genève
- Saint-Gall
- Vaud
- Zurich

*The remaining regions will be included in following versions of the AMADOR option file.

ITALIA
- Abruzzo
- Basilicata
- Calabria
- Campania
- Emilia-Romagna
- Friuli-Venezia-Giulia
- Lazio
- Liguria
- Lombardia
- Marche
- Molise
- Piemonte
- Puglia
- Toscana
- Trentino-Alto Adige
- Umbria
- Valle d'Aosta
- Veneto

Plus the islands:
- Sardegna
- Sicilia

DEUTSCHLAND
- Baden-Wurttenberg
- Bayern
- Berlin
- Brandenburg
- Bremen
- Hamburg
- Hessen
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Niedersachsen
- Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Rheinland-Pfalz
- Saarland
- Sachsen
- Sachsen-Anhalt
- Schleswig-Holstein
- Thuringen

NEDERLAND
- Drenthe
- Flevoland
- Friesland
- Gelderland
- Groningen
- Limburg
- Noord-Brabant
- Noord-Holland
- Overijssel
- Utrecht
- Zeeland
- Zuid-Holland

ENGLAND
- East Anglia (East of England)
- East Midlands
- Greater London
- Lancashire
- North East
- North West
- South East
- South West
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire

WALES
- Clwyd
- Dyfed
- Gwent
- Gwynedd
- Mid Glamorgan
- Powys
- South Glamorgan
- West Glamorgan

SCOTLAND
- Borders
- Central Scotland
- Dumfries and Galloway
- Fife
- Grampian
- Highland
- Lothian
- Strathclyde
- Tayside

NORTHERN IRELAND
- Antrim
- Armagh
- Down
- Fermanagh
- Londonderry
- Tyrone

IRELAND
- Connacht
- Leinster
- Munster
- Ulster

ANDORRA LA VELLA

PAYS LUXEMBOURG

AMADOR features:
  • AMADOR World: Play with a fully-fantasy database with hundreds of never-before-seen teams and thousands of new players. It's a whole new world for you to explore.
  • The essence of football is back: Amador's Teams are regions, states or provinces of each country, comprised of local players. Football is back and we're delivering it.
  • Amateur football: Player stats have been adapted to fit an amateur football environment. You've never seen these player statsheets on any other football game/patch.
  • Football for the hardcore: Play 20, 25 or even 30 min. matches if you're brave enough. Amador is, are you?
  • Survival of the fittest: Managing player stamina, fatigue and health (injury resilience) is a tough task in Amador. Most players are inconsistent, have low condition, low stamina and are fragile when dealing with injuries. To win you'll have to be as clever, patient and resourceful as you are skilled.
  • Player individuality: Other football games/patches' databases only have pro-level players, so there's absolutely no individuality at all because every player is at least above average on any given skill. On Amador, there are players with 10 dribble speed, midfielders with 40 top speed, strikers with 58 attack, and players with -60 mentality and teamwork. The best of the bunch will stand out and you'll notice it.
  • Back to school: Recruit the best players from highschools and universities to join your ML team on the AMADOR world. Available only on full version
  • Challenge Mode: Take your experience to the next level with out unique challenges specifically created for AMADOR.
  • Western Federation: Play with Amador's Western Federation's teams from Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Andorra and Luxembourg.
- We had to eliminate the recruitment of young players because turns out, you can't edit ML newgens.

Back
Top Bottom