AMADOR - Everyone's football

Just starting a test ML in Italy as Emilia-Romagna. 25 min match. Eventful first game. 22 fouls, 12 by them and the lads are in on Sunday for some shooting practice! Look at their corner count too.

v sard ft.JPG

Second game of the season v Navarra. Very much second best (41% possession) and in a 25 minute match they restricted me to 5 shots, one of which was in stoppage time with a stunning curling shot that would have seen me guilty of daylight robbery had I taken all 3pts! They hit the post, grazed the bar with a lovely header and my keeper made two great saves. They were a very physical side and bundled me over several times.

v navarra.JPG

Hey guys, my enthusiasm for this patch got me motivated to make these two ads for Evo-Web.

KDv5Y4o.png

TYwICJ8.png

They can be both used in the same adboard set or maybe I'll make two alternative adboards and each one has one of these.

Nice :) I've never imported adboards into the game before -what do you have to do, put them in the stadium folder renamed as the stad adboard.bin in each one like 1_day and so on or is there more to it than that?

Nice :) I've never imported adboards into the game before -what do you have to do, put them in the stadium folder renamed as the stad adboard.bin in each one like 1_day and so on or is there more to it than that?
No, these PNGs are just a preview, I'll make the bin file once I complete the whole set which will include Amador logo and Amador slogan.

Really fantastic job guys! I'm super busy at the moment and I was only able to to 2-3 games, already seeing super interesting stuff.. a direct red card for cpu in the beginning of the game :BLINK: for a last man tackle like around the midfield, and an incredible sequence of error/unreal save by the keeper (will upload it ASAP, pretty sure you'll remain open mouthed by the whole action :D). Looking forward to try more of it tomorrow afternoon.

Only one thing I did not understand.. what do you mean when you say there are only 13 teams in the demo? I already see all the rest of the teams (except from the nationals), they only miss the badges but they are there..:JAY:

I really love an inconsistency in the game. I play few matches with mighty Borders from Scotland vs various opponents and I already found out some lovely things. Our captain, goalkeeper F.Walker is so bad in catching crosses, corners and long balls that he (literally) always lose the ball and throw it under him so after each long ball into the gk area there is always big mess and battle about each meter and I just clicking clear ball button insenly! :-D

But then, in 2v1 situations, our goalkeeper catch anything like his gk skills would be 99! I already have some insane replays saved! :)

And I am in love with attacking midfielder C. Rynkiewicz - he has like 1,9m and with his amazing 67 technique he is unstoppable!

Can't wait for full version :)

@MartanCJ Thanks, really pleased your enjoying it :) Yeah I really liked that Rynkiewicz when I was playing those games with Borders! I'm really pleased how the keeper's turned out, they can still make fantastic saves and blocks and do take some great crosses at times too , but at the same time they have that 'Amateur' level to them where you're waiting for them to drop the cross or spill a shot. Really looking forward to seeing those replays if you can upload them :D

The great thing about having low stats is that you get to see some new movements and actions, it's due to the change of the dynamic of the game. Also, every goal you score weighs it's weight in gold since you struggle to score it.

I only have three words for you lot: MAURICIO JOSÉ NUOVO.

I've now spent countless hours to create kit sets for a couple of teams (especially Argovie) so I could have a "more immersive" experience, so I haven't played that much... But I'm in love with how these teams play already!

...and here is my first contribution to the thread: Abruzzo's Mauricio Nuovo, after getting rid of his defender, is ready to fire a shot with his left foot. Could he fire the ball past Argovie's Frutiger? Or is it too far for an amateur like him?

QPNNZve.png

Yes, you can see Argovie's kitserver keeper kit too. :WHISTLE:

Just had my first game and I am liking it a lot so far.
I had a quick edit of the Anvers kits as I fancied playing as those. I removed the names as I thought it made it feel a bit more like amateur football.
I also added the retro Mitre Delta ball that I had as a kid. I used to love that ball and I had created it the other week for my WE9LE master league so just added it to the kitserver setup.
Anvers amador.png

Anyway I lost 0-2 to Abruzzo on a 15 minute game on professional. It was my own profligacy in front of goal meant that I lost the game. Plenty of fouls, few yellow cards too and a really good pace.

As my PS2 has arrived today, I am hoping that there is a way to convert the OF to PS2 format as I would like to give this concept a go on PS2 as well as PC. Obviously I won't have any kitserver kits, balls, stadiums etc but would like to give it a go if it's possible to convert the OF.

Loving the work so far guys :)

Yeah of course. I'll upload it in a bit. It has the old 80's football league logo on it, I can remove it before uploading if you like.

I just upgraded the kits that were already in the demo for Anvers.
I can have a go at updating some more of the other kits too if you like? Not the Italian ones as I know that @*aLe is all over that.

Send me a DM if that would be of any use to you guys?

@geeeeee no rush mate, I was just wondering if it was even possible. My 'new' PS2 isn't modded/chopped or anything so I don't even know if I can get an OF on or off the system tbh? It's been a long time since I looked at anything PS2 as I sold mine 10 years ago

1st leg of the D2 cup so I took the opportunity to rest my entire first team.

Thanks to some good chances missed by them and some resolute defending I held on for 0-0. Yes, a 25 minute game and no goals on pes6 :) It was an epic battle as well! 21 fouls, 11 by them. Check out my total shots and possession :)

vnavv cup 1 leg.JPG

Miguel mentioned at the start of this thread that we have thought of several ways to play the Amador file(s). Including several ML challenges that Miguel will go into detail about in the coming days. Now of course you're free to play it anyway you like! But as most of us like a bit of background story to add to the immersion we've also come up with a complete League and Cup structure.

So, what is this League structure? We have 13 countries represented in this first option file (well 15, in truth, but Luxembourg and Andorra have one team only so those two teams will enter into another country's League system) and 12 League systems (the two Ireland's are playing as one League). Using an excel file I found online that had a fixture generator and league table, I added a random number formula that I could paste in and 'ran' seasons for each country to generate a bit of History for each League that I think will add to the immersion.

Each Country will have either 1 or 2 Divisions with a 2 up, 2 down format in those Country's with 2. Now, if you intend to play this League structure here comes the optional part. I'm going to take one team in each Division across the Amador world and play out the season for each team. The option of course is whether you just want to play as one team in one Division or two, or several or however many or like me, one in each. That decision is yours. However do remember if you're going to go all in on the experience you will need to come up with a way to decide how the other Division's finish as you won't be playing them out.

On top of this there is a cup tournament that is known as the Amador West Trophy. This involves every single team in the file. A kind of great big Amador FA Cup. More on that later.

The Format:

Amador World Of Football

As mentioned there are 12 Leagues across the Western Federation of Amador. These leagues are as follows...

Amador West League System
Amador Portugal
Amador Espana (2 Divisions)
Amador France (2 Divisions)
Amador Belgique
Amador Suisse
Amador Italia (2 Divisions)
Amador Deutschland (2 Divisions)
Amador Nederland (2 Divisions)
Amador England
Amador Wales
Amador Scotland
Amador All Ireland

They are split in such a way that no league has more than 10 teams. Making a nice maximum of an 18 game season. You can of course also play a League Cup alongside the season if you wish.

At the end of the season those with 2 Divisions will see 2 teams promoted and 2 relegated and the Division 1 winners crowned their country's Champion. Could it be you?

During the season the Amador West Trophy will play out. The format is as follows

Amador West Trophy

The 'FA Cup' equivalent of Amador will involve all 140 teams of the Western Federation. It's a prestigious tournament with a random draw and it's a real honour to win it and claim yourself the Trophy winners. Current Holders are Flevoland from Belgium.

Amador West Trophy Winners.JPG

The first round is a preliminary round to enable us to get down to 128 teams. The teams who enter the preliminary round will all come from the Divison 2's across the league as follows...

Amador Espana Div 2 Bottom six of previous season
Amador France Div 2 Bottom four of previous season
Amador Italia Div 2 Bottom six of previous season
Amador Deutschland Div 2 Bottom five of previous season
Amador NederlandDiv 2 Bottom three of previous season

This will give us 24 teams to draw randomly. They will play a one off game, extra time and penalties if necessary, played at the home of the team drawn first (the same format used throughout the tournament).

These 12 winners will then join the other 116 teams to make our 128 teams for the 1st Round of the Amador West Trophy.

These are drawn randomly and will play the same knockout format through to the Final.

The teams who will contend the Preliminary round in the first season are as follows

Amador Espana: Islas Baleares, Asturias, Navaraa, Extremadura, Cantabria, La Rioja

Amador France: Hauts-de-France, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, B.Franche-Comte, Andorra La Vella

Amador Italia: Abruzzo, Sardegna, Umbria, Basilicata, Molise, Valle D'Aosta

Amador Deutschland: Thuringen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Meck.-Vorpommern, Saarland, Bremen

Amador Nederland: Drenthe, Flevoland, Zeeland

At the end of the season 32 teams will enter into the following season's Copa Amador. A new cross region tournament that begins next season. This will decide the best team in the Western Federation. It will not be run as a modern day money grabbing Champions League, it will be an old style European Cup format.

The 32 teams are drawn at random and will play a two legged knockout to determine who goes through to the next round. The Final will be a one off match at a neutral venue played to extra time and penalties if required.

Can you win the ultimate Amador prize? A League/West Trophy/Copa Amador Treble?

As future areas of Amador become available the intention is for the winners of each area's Copa Amador to play for the Amador World Trophy, the best team in the Amador World Of Football. Will it be your team?

There's also what I think is a really cool idea I'm toying with to make it a sort of ML experience. My idea is that playing in this league format at the end of every season you could load up your OF into the pesfan editor and age all players by 1 year. Then do a csv export and sort by age.

You could then do any sort of idea you wanted.

An idea for example.

All players that are 45 MUST retire
25% of players between 40 and 45 must retire
10% of players over 35 must retire

Then these players are replaced by a list of players under 25 that I will provide but perhaps at least 18 as of course we can't change their stats in this simple format. (There is a possibility of setting something up to even go that far but for now let's keep it simple) So we want them to be fully developed as they won't evolve stat wise. The other option (thought not as good I don't think as you won't get 'new' players) would be to use the stat sheet of the retiring players, change them to a young age, 20 or so, but randomly mix the players up so they go to different teams.

So, at the end of the season your current team will age by 1 year. Some of them may retire and will be replaced by a random player between 18-25 (perhaps if a keeper's retiring we should make it another keeper)

This means your teams (and the AI's) will constantly evolve in terms of personnel and what sort of players they have.

Then simply load the option file back up and begin the new season. Just a thought on that I don't think you'd be able to 'continue to next season'in the game as I'm not sure it would recognise a new option file - does it keep the one it uses from the first save - not sure on that. Hopefully it would be ok as then you'd have a record of scorers etc. Although I believe it is limited to a certain number of seasons anyway isn't it? Maybe I'll test that out unless any knows?

Next up: The Leagues.

Back
Top Bottom