2010 FIFA World Cup

The penalty system could be a good addition, especially if the composure needle speed changes with the game/penalty importance. Pen in the 1st 5 min should be easy, but 1-0 down in injurytime should be really tough. 1-0 down in the WC final should very much be potluck......

Couldn't the implement something similar to freekicks as well to make them more interesting than now? Freekicks are way to easy because you can just use the same exact aim and power to get a goal, but if they implement a similar system as how the new penalty system sounds it might get more realistic.

Maybe they could just go back to the way freekicks were in FIFA 08 and tweak a little bit from there. At the very least take it off of that invisible rail that it seems to travel along until it either gets sucked into the vortex or floats off into the distance like it does. I also suspect there's a fair bit of scripting involved and maybe something like the different zones in the goal that always trigger certain saves and animations for the keepers.

Anyone remember this guy?

Fifa 08 Interview About Next-Gen Version

That's a good idea Gab, although a bit artificial. Why can't they just make them like PES used to be?! Am I missing somehing? I remember having to score freekicks in pes training and always needing Beckham to do the 5star ones. And even then it took quite a few efforts to get the perfect shot.

That's a good idea Gab, although a bit artificial. Why can't they just make them like PES used to be?! Am I missing somehing? I remember having to score freekicks in pes training and always needing Beckham to do the 5star ones. And even then it took quite a few efforts to get the perfect shot.

True, I guess it would be enough and I liked the way PES did it too. All FIFA really has to do is make a lot of randomness in the outcome depending on the taker's attribute.

Problem is that with the Rutter way of FIFA it should all be about your skill as a gamer, so a system that is based a lot of being lucky with the randomness won't fit their current plan I'm afraid.

Yeah true, however they could just adjust the range in the powerbar. In 09 it was too close, I hardly ever scored a goal, in 10 it's too big so I score about 50% of my efforts. They should just be able to tweak it to be intermediate. Then you would hopefully have a range that hitting the perfect shot happens maybe once in 10 efforts, maybe 20. Hitting shots that are decent but that the goalie can save 50% of the time should be would be for 10 shots per 20 and crappy efforts for the rest.
So with the powerbar being split into 4 sections, it would mean each bar is 25% and atm 2 bars (50%) is pretty much the perfect shot (atleast it seems that way to me). So within a percentage of 49%-51% it would be a perfect shot, 42,5%-57,5% is on target with the rest being off. Or something like that, Ims ure if they can balance it out better it would be pretty decent.

Why is there no BAP mode? Seriously, they'be been going on and on about how by 2010 BAP would be 11 v 11. Since hitting this generation their best game mode is not in it. Why? Stupid.

Apparently it was confirmed on the official EA forums that only 29 of the 32 finalists will have licensed kits. That's poor for an official product.:CONFUSE:

Not to mention many teams like Portugal which will probably end up using their old kits :lol:

Last edited:
Japan, Netherlands and?

What?

Chile and North Korea have not sent in their kits to EA yet and they received Honduras but they said it might be too late for them to make their kit, Simon Humber also said that they are working on making those last 3 DLC or a patch if they can.

I personally think 29/32 is pretty damn good, considering they will obviously have man others of the 32 that didnt make it.

Im just waiting to see what the stadium list looks like ...

On IGN it says online is 20 versus, so that would mean online team play. They might just think it will be that because of FIFA 10, or they actually know something under NDA and leaked it.

Love the fact it's only international teams. Reminds me of the older footy games. Since Kuwait is in this game it plays like an improved fifa10 then count me in.

The stop/start penalty looked crap. FFS you are not allowed to actually stand still EA! You have to remain moving, albiet slowly. Think it looks very clunky.

Ehrm. Yes you are and no you don't. You can stand still how much you want - just not move backwards.

There's no written rule about stop start run-ups but stopping dead during a run can be considered unsporting/trickery and ordered to be retaken by the ref.

Back
Top Bottom