1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

2010 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Leo, 29 December 2009.

1. Leo

Leo League 2

25 November 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hammarby
    I realised this didn't seem to have been posted here yet, so I thought I should. Got the news from the swedish website Level 7 and they report how both GameFly and Amazon has listed "2010 FIFA World Cup" for release on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PSP and Wii on the 27th of April.

Links:
    http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/2010-FIFA-World-Cup/140720/
    Amazon.com: 2010 FIFA World Cup: Xbox 360: Video Games

I guess it's not much, but it's no surprise that it's coming. I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: Okey, I have no idea why the Amazon link is messed up, but it works so I guess it's ok..

Last edited: 29 December 2009
  2. b2y2006

b2y2006 Premiership

23 April 2006
    Saudi Arabia
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Hi All,

Yes I heard that game has the same engine as the FIFA 10 plus having over 90 international teams all Licensed + Real Stadiums !!!!

AT LAST :::::: with real KITS and Lines ups, faces :)

Can not wait to see the Pics the end of this month for EA Sports:)

BR,

B2Y

3. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I'm not buying the World Cup game, or FIFA 11 onwards for that matter unless they completely overhaul the defending system and make assisted controls realistic.

I'm not throwing money at EA for making the series arcadey.

4. StuartCulli

StuartCulli College Dropout

25 July 2006
    Newcastle United
    Rob, please.

5. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009
    I have high hopes for this. I really enjoyed Euro 08 (co-op mode with a friend) and I guess it is the same side team that produce this so it could turn out pretty good.

6. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Same here! Will get this, I love playing through these type of modes.

7. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    We all know you will buy it Rob, and you know it too...

8. klashman69

klashman69 Fight the Power!

28 November 2007
    I Travel.
    I understand where your coming from but this is ea!

Defending has got worse and worse since 08? The natural progression should show that it should be even worse in the world cup game :)

Last edited: 4 January 2010
  9. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Ah good old EA...

10. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I won't be buying it.

11. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    count me in, im buying it :D

12. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Traitor!

13. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    One things for sure, you'll ALL be jumping up at the chance to get it when the demo hits :))

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    I'm in two minds.

Fifa 10 was a massive disappointment and yet again EA failed to address many of the issues with the Fifa series. On the other hand, I absolutely loved UEFA Euro 2008. For me the best EA football game on this generation of consoles. The champions league game was quite decent, too.

If EA capture that feel again then I will buy the World Cup game. If it's Fifa 10 with national teams then I think I will pass.

15. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    We will all download the demo, we will all love this demo and ending up buying it, if not for the demo, then for the hype...

16. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    No.

17. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Won't bother, not bothered about international teams. Just about managed to play one tournament of euro2008 so definetly won't be buying this. And that's without even going into the whole "EA can stick it up......" part. :D

18. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Nope...
    It's not like I go and buy every newly released game (some people do...), and I went without PES 08 and 09 after buying the three previous versions to 08 so I could easily do the same with this World Cup game and FIFA 11.

Of course i'll try the demo, but I still don't buy these games which only have one tournament as you can normally get them dirt cheap soon after the real event has finished, so if i'm impressed by the demo (which seems unlikely given how little the series has progressed recently) then I may pick it up at a later date. Pre-ordering/buying on release seems foolish to me.

Just look at how FIFA has changed since 08... the target market now is obviously little kids and the online elitist dickheads rather than people who actually know their football, the chances of this game or FIFA 11 being a simulation seem very slim...

Last edited by a moderator: 4 January 2010
  19. StuartCulli

StuartCulli College Dropout

25 July 2006
    Newcastle United
    You'll buy into the hype. You'll love it first few days. Then you'll hate it.

Same old :)

20. nerf

nerf Forming triangles

10 September 2003
    West Mids, UK
    Aston Villa
    Let us put this forthcoming title to the test with my patented Enthusiasm-o-meter TM.

:YAWN: [-----II------------:II-------------------] :BOP:

Oh dear :(

21. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

That's been the problem with FIFA for the past decade... Starts off OK when what you're seeing is new, then after a few weeks it starts to get boring and repetitive as you have seen every type of goal, every type of build up etc.

The only hope for next-gen football games is for Konami improve PES, a lot...

22. ofseeker

ofseeker Banned

13 August 2009
    Without sounding gay, (not that being gay is bad...:OT:)

I really like you Rob, you're mentality regarding footy games is spot on, or should I say something I can agree with.

You, Jamezinho and Placebo are my evo-web heroes :WORSHIP:

23. pepper63

pepper63 Nice N Sleazy

19 May 2005
    Your Sisters Bedroom
    Only One Man Utd.
    :PUKE:

24. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    I agree somehow with rob, defending needs to be overhauled and skill must be more important than speed or strength and we need refined controls to make this possible. You should be able to shield the ball simply by moving, taking positioning into account. Stamina should make a real impact in the game. Secondary pression must be either overhauled or put out of the game.

Tactically, a lot of depth is needed and AI must be tweaked a lot or at least they shoudl introduce sliders for stats and tendencies.

If all of this is at least tweaked at some degree, I will buy it. But we know they won't touch this for the world cup (I highly doubt they do 10% of that even for Fifa 11 regarding the evolution of the game), so really after the great ammount of good games already out, I doubt I will be buying it unless some of my close related psn friends really tell me it's significantly better to play 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 all manual. You know who you are and the type of game I like.

25. bulwa-boy

bulwa-boy Hala Madrid

20 February 2006
    Poland
    Real Madrid
    aint buying this shite unless they really put effort in it :O

26. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    cant help it... im addicted :LOL:

27. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    I will rent for sure to try it out but even if it's great how many times can you play the WC over and over...

28. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    This may seem strange, but uptil now i've never bought a WC or Euro game...but maybe i will try this one...i still haven't bothered with the national teams in FIFA10...

29. samfisher1980

samfisher1980 Trance addicted

14 January 2008
    Opole, Poland
    Sporting
    same here :D

30. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    I wouldn't bother Gerd. I've only ever bought one. And that was in large part down to the Evo-Web Salesman going on and on about how good it was. Otherwise known as Chris Davies. :D