2010 FIFA World Cup

Leo

League 2
25 November 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Hammarby
I realised this didn't seem to have been posted here yet, so I thought I should. Got the news from the swedish website Level 7 and they report how both GameFly and Amazon has listed "2010 FIFA World Cup" for release on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PSP and Wii on the 27th of April.

Links:
http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/2010-FIFA-World-Cup/140720/
Amazon.com: 2010 FIFA World Cup: Xbox 360: Video Games

I guess it's not much, but it's no surprise that it's coming. I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: Okey, I have no idea why the Amazon link is messed up, but it works so I guess it's ok..

Last edited:
Hi All,

Yes I heard that game has the same engine as the FIFA 10 plus having over 90 international teams all Licensed + Real Stadiums !!!!

AT LAST :::::: with real KITS and Lines ups, faces :)

Can not wait to see the Pics the end of this month for EA Sports:)

BR,

B2Y

I'm not buying the World Cup game, or FIFA 11 onwards for that matter unless they completely overhaul the defending system and make assisted controls realistic.

I'm not throwing money at EA for making the series arcadey.

I have high hopes for this. I really enjoyed Euro 08 (co-op mode with a friend) and I guess it is the same side team that produce this so it could turn out pretty good.

I'm not buying the World Cup game, or FIFA 11 onwards for that matter unless they completely overhaul the defending system and make assisted controls realistic.

We all know you will buy it Rob, and you know it too...

I understand where your coming from but this is ea!

Defending has got worse and worse since 08? The natural progression should show that it should be even worse in the world cup game :)

Last edited:
I'm in two minds.

Fifa 10 was a massive disappointment and yet again EA failed to address many of the issues with the Fifa series. On the other hand, I absolutely loved UEFA Euro 2008. For me the best EA football game on this generation of consoles. The champions league game was quite decent, too.

If EA capture that feel again then I will buy the World Cup game. If it's Fifa 10 with national teams then I think I will pass.

We will all download the demo, we will all love this demo and ending up buying it, if not for the demo, then for the hype...

Won't bother, not bothered about international teams. Just about managed to play one tournament of euro2008 so definetly won't be buying this. And that's without even going into the whole "EA can stick it up......" part. :D

We all know you will buy it Rob, and you know it too...
Nope...
It's not like I go and buy every newly released game (some people do...), and I went without PES 08 and 09 after buying the three previous versions to 08 so I could easily do the same with this World Cup game and FIFA 11.

Of course i'll try the demo, but I still don't buy these games which only have one tournament as you can normally get them dirt cheap soon after the real event has finished, so if i'm impressed by the demo (which seems unlikely given how little the series has progressed recently) then I may pick it up at a later date. Pre-ordering/buying on release seems foolish to me.

Just look at how FIFA has changed since 08... the target market now is obviously little kids and the online elitist dickheads rather than people who actually know their football, the chances of this game or FIFA 11 being a simulation seem very slim...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us put this forthcoming title to the test with my patented Enthusiasm-o-meter TM.

:YAWN: [-----II------------:II-------------------] :BOP:

Oh dear :(

You'll buy into the hype. You'll love it first few days. Then you'll hate it.

Same old :)
That's been the problem with FIFA for the past decade... Starts off OK when what you're seeing is new, then after a few weeks it starts to get boring and repetitive as you have seen every type of goal, every type of build up etc.

The only hope for next-gen football games is for Konami improve PES, a lot...

That's been the problem with FIFA for the past decade... Starts off OK when what you're seeing is new, then after a few weeks it starts to get boring and repetitive as you have seen every type of goal, every type of build up etc.

The only hope for next-gen football games is for Konami improve PES, a lot...

Without sounding gay, (not that being gay is bad...:OT:)

I really like you Rob, you're mentality regarding footy games is spot on, or should I say something I can agree with.

You, Jamezinho and Placebo are my evo-web heroes :WORSHIP:

I agree somehow with rob, defending needs to be overhauled and skill must be more important than speed or strength and we need refined controls to make this possible. You should be able to shield the ball simply by moving, taking positioning into account. Stamina should make a real impact in the game. Secondary pression must be either overhauled or put out of the game.

Tactically, a lot of depth is needed and AI must be tweaked a lot or at least they shoudl introduce sliders for stats and tendencies.

If all of this is at least tweaked at some degree, I will buy it. But we know they won't touch this for the world cup (I highly doubt they do 10% of that even for Fifa 11 regarding the evolution of the game), so really after the great ammount of good games already out, I doubt I will be buying it unless some of my close related psn friends really tell me it's significantly better to play 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 all manual. You know who you are and the type of game I like.

This may seem strange, but uptil now i've never bought a WC or Euro game...but maybe i will try this one...i still haven't bothered with the national teams in FIFA10...

This may seem strange, but uptil now i've never bought a WC or Euro game...but maybe i will try this one...i still haven't bothered with the national teams in FIFA10...

I wouldn't bother Gerd. I've only ever bought one. And that was in large part down to the Evo-Web Salesman going on and on about how good it was. Otherwise known as Chris Davies. :D

Back
Top Bottom