2010 FIFA World Cup

Yeah the rule for penalties is that you can NOT start a pendulum movement with your leg and then stop and then start over again (sorry don't know how you would say this in english).

This is why you never see people fake shots on penalties. Because you are not allowed too. You can however stop in your movement to the ball to try to trick the keeper to make the first move.

Still I agree the animation looked crap in the world cup game. Looked like it was made by a bad actor so he over did it.

Well its an official FIFA licensed tournament so they have the full licenses over every team, so EA have all the licenses so they can create every player from all 199 teams. But EA always stuff up and name players wrong, leave players out and so forth. Not that hard for you boys you work out ...

Also on the official forums Simon Humber said they have been working on this game for 12 months now ...

Well its an official FIFA licensed tournament so they have the full licenses over every team, so EA have all the licenses so they can create every player from all 199 teams. But EA always stuff up and name players wrong, leave players out and so forth. Not that hard for you boys you work out ...

Also on the official forums Simon Humber said they have been working on this game for 12 months now ...

so ea still have the right names for the Japanese players even though they are unlicensed.

So what your saying is ea has the licenses for all the player names but not all the kits. Am I right?

so ea still have the right names for the Japanese players even though they are unlicensed.

So what your saying is ea has the licenses for all the player names but not all the kits. Am I right?

Yeah thats right dude. About kits, they need to actually receive the kit from the manufacturer and they have only got 29/32, they would put all the kits in if they had the time and the kits, but they dont.

And for the guy who said something about portugal's old kit, they have the new one and the old one in the game but they can only show the old one due to legal issues.

a lot of negativity surrounded the world cup game. Im looking forward to it. Even if it is Fifa 10.5 its still going to play better than 10 and thats good enough for me. Im very bored of fifa10 right now (except clubs) so this will help fill the void until fifa11.

I think the negativety is inevitable given the mess EA made of 10 with the MM and their poor handling of PR and dealing with some shocking bugs and glitches...

I won't be buying it that's for sure but I'll rent it to see which way 11 will be going, plus it will be enough time to win the WC a couple of times and that will be enough to get bored...

I may trade Fifa10 for this, but EA should really think about how they can justify a £40 price tag on this game. These games never sell well, probably a combination of the short lifespan and price. £25 would be reasonable.

Yeah thats right dude. About kits, they need to actually receive the kit from the manufacturer and they have only got 29/32, they would put all the kits in if they had the time and the kits, but they dont.

And for the guy who said something about portugal's old kit, they have the new one and the old one in the game but they can only show the old one due to legal issues.

Actually im not just talking about the 32 qualified teams. What about the rest of the 199 nations do they have real player names?

Actually im not just talking about the 32 qualified teams. What about the rest of the 199 nations do they have real player names?

Yeah they should, they have the license for all the players, so i dont see why not.

Looking forward to this despite u lot giving it a hard time. Always enjoyed the world cup games an the rasamataz that comes with them. Day one for me. Although 39.99 is a bit steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stop/start penalty looked crap. FFS you are not allowed to actually stand still EA! You have to remain moving, albiet slowly. Think it looks very clunky.

Was really hoping that I wasn't gonna be proven right about the way EA would implement that. It really isn't even needed in the game at all but if you're going to throw it in, don't half-ass it.

Where's Chris Davies at the moment? He's not posted here or at FSB for a few months. I thought he would be back podcasting for the World Cup game?

i think that ad is brilliant actually! Great atmosphere. Agreed that penalty animation looked awful in that he rocked back but i thought on the whole the ad was great....made me want to watch the Lion King .... !

Where's Chris Davies at the moment? He's not posted here or at FSB for a few months. I thought he would be back podcasting for the World Cup game?

He has been kidnapped by sony, they make him do unspeakable things!

Man so many countries too choose from? This is awesome. Very nostalgic. Remember when footie games only had national teams?

Weirdly enough, when footie games only had national teams, they played miles better.

True. I kinda feel optimistic about this game. The first football game I fell in love with was wc94 on the sega genesis. Plus having 199 teams makes up for the lack of clubs.

Back
Top Bottom