2010 FIFA World Cup

After watching how detailed the Iraq and Oman Logo are and that there players are licensed Im sure Kuwait is the same.

Cant wait for the game. It is now one of my most anticipated game.

From the link:

This is similar to how Forza 3 has been dumbed down to appeal to complete novices.

If it's done in a similar was as in Forza I think it's a good thing. WIll make the game accesible to more people (IE seven year old kids who want to play the world cup game) without sacrificing anything as people who play the game "the right way" will always have an advantage (if they even play each other). So if done right - great, if done wrong (as assisted etc in FIFA) - huge fail.

I like the way the PKs look and I really think they are closing down on how they should work. Hopefully they are looking at new and similar way for freekicks to work.:WORSHIP:

He has been kidnapped by sony, they make him do unspeakable things!

Indeed, he's had to stick the new Move controller in all kinds of places!

Run, controlled by the AI?!? Fuck me. They'd be better off making it voice activated.

That would be great imo, just how you now shout at the tele when a real match player is f&%king up; "Dirk, pass the f#$king ball you pillock!"... 3 seconds later; "Oh FFS, you've lost possesion again!!!".

Now imagine that with two people; one shouting "Shoot, Shoot.....Shoooooooooot" and the other going "Tackleeeeeeeeeeeeee". Would bring a whole new dimension to the idiotic swearing at TV syndrome. :D

But great to see EA really pushing the boundries with the total simulation path they have been following........oh wait. And we already know they will f#$k it up and 7 y.o.'s will become the new 12 y.o.'s as champions of the game.

Last edited:
Im loving the look of the new penalty taking system. An overhaul was needed. The current system is very basic and requires very little skill. I agree, a similar system for taking free kicks, and maybe even corners, would be a welcomed addition in Fifa11.

The new menus look nice and crisp with a clear layout.

Im a bit worried about this '2 button control' system. I hope its not going to add to the assisted noobs online. Still amazes me the amount of idiots i get matched up against online.

Overall i am really excited about the release of this game. I just hope the gameplay has been tweaked 'enough' to make it feel like a newer version from Fifa10. And of course, lets pray that we dont have to wait 2 months for a patch to fix all the release dau bugs that the community will no doubt find, because the World Cup will be over and done with.
:)

The two button control is only an option, there´s this option on NHL too, it´s called classic 94 controls, it´s more for begginers or very casual players.

and btw, the normal NHL is not played with 2 buttons + stick control, it uses all the buttons + sticks control, is much more complex than the 2 button scheme control for begginers.

The two button control is only an option, there´s this option on NHL too, it´s called classic 94 controls, it´s more for begginers or very casual players.

and btw, the normal NHL is not played with 2 buttons + stick control, it uses all the buttons + sticks control, is much more complex than the 2 button scheme control for begginers.

I c... dont play nhl.. but last time i tried the demo i remember i shoot with the stick and only passed with the buttons LMAO
like i said, i dont play that game.

That NHL shit is fookin hard

*Groans*

Well if there was any doubt to what EA were aiming for the celebrations give it away.....

And they still have that f#$king annoying defensive selection problem. Its just after the Gignac celebration;
Italy are attacking and running past the HWline and the player switches to another defender and instead of keeping the direction the defender goes the opposite way and then had to go back again and try to catch the defender.

Celebrations are just pathetic and as far from reality as they can be. Totally putting me off right now.

Deffense seems to have similar problems as fifa10, the Cygnac goal was terrible considering he had 2 defenders trying to catch him and even if they are hangign from his neck, he doesn't notice. He simply runs 30 yards and scores alone against the keeper. Besides, seems to be impossible to protect yourself from a tackle by simply hiding the ball in a different direction, the way skilled players do, tackling is still a case of button mashing. Not many changes I see there...

Yeah, the celebrations look stupid. If they wanted to work on them they should have redone the "regular" ones to make them look better and make you able to interact with your team mates (hug or celebrate in a huge pile of players) and the ball. Would have done a lot more to add to the atmosphere.

But ah, well. The ones on this team that does the celebrations does seem to like these kind of pathetic celebrations..

Back
Top Bottom