WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played 360 version in GAME - anyone else think "wide" camera is closer and flatter than ps3 version? Not a big deal but is just more tv style viewing i thought.

And yes, i know what people mean about "pes". i think the key is that this version feels like FIFA - it's lost its soul. for the first tim ever, i'm not excited about coming home to play it or running through scenarios in my head whilst at work. I'm going backwards each week - started with pes4 two weeks ago, this week pes3.

pes3 is good fun but the physics are a bit weak. i'm now thinking pes5 - remember even playing vs comp on that, esp valencia/ajax v deport or chelsea v spurs/milan at stamford bridge both night/rain, for some reason those match-ups always gave me a cracking game.

It's just a game anbd doesn't dominate my life, but in the context of pes, i feel a bit lost right now...........

Played a weird match last night.

Tried to do an overhead kick, missed the ball,kicked the referee's head clean-off.

It just lay there as Newcastles number 5 ran rings round it.

Funny as...I would have put it up on youtube, but I'm talking shite.

You haven't heard? It's almost finished apparently. Looks sweet.

mainmenuresozeuk7.jpg

editmenucopyrezizepa4.jpg

screenshot2copyresizehw7.jpg

I can't believe Konami have finally ruined the game!!!

Where oh where is the "Who Ate All The Pies" banner??????????????//
Ruined!!!!!

It's insulting in mine, I like Fifa, you're calling me a "boy".

My point is wrestling is for children, I don't think I've come across many "adults" that are into wrestling, most a least move onto UFC.....

I guess I'm calling millions of people in the world boys then huh...

I've been watching wrestling since 1992, why should I stop just because I'm older?

Just move on or put me on your ignore list.

My PS3 comeback from SAV, but isn't my PS3 it's a nine one :shock:
now i wait the Konami answer for the trade of my PES2008 copy

Guys i need some help, anyone has a Face file created on pc with cam or jpg, ingame editor, that can send to me??? if its a folder then all the files.
please PM!
thanks

Wrestling is all fake. Its all storylines and bullshit moves and actors....

PES this year is for Arcade Soccer lovers who dont mind a bit of CPU Bullshit and lack of control.. FIFA this year is for people who dont mind tearing their hair out at the awful response times and blatant CPU Cheating at times... Now which one would I rather play?

Wrestling is all fake. Its all storylines and bullshit moves and actors....

PES this year is for Arcade Soccer lovers who dont mind a bit of CPU Bullshit and lack of control.. FIFA this year is for people who dont mind tearing their hair out at the awful response times and blatant CPU Cheating at times... Now which one would I rather play?

Call of Duty 4 :mrgreen:

On serious note for me its fifa 08 this year. :)

It's insulting in mine, I like Fifa, you're calling me a "boy".

My point is wrestling is for children, I don't think I've come across many "adults" that are into wrestling, most a least move onto UFC.....

What? That has to be wrong!

Seriously there is more adult fans than children! Have you ever seen a wrestling match? First of all its pretty much all adults or old teens, then you have to be old enough to buy events on tv, so that would be adults again, some kid take the lead, but most are adults, otherwise it would be a lot of children watching at the matches.

My live account ran out yesterday, I tried using 48 hour thing but wont work, is it cause I had a gold one beforehand so cant use it as its not brand new, or has something gone wrong :(

Also played my first game on the PS3 online, was laggy, then was fiiiine, then laggy then fiiiine, is it the ping at the top of the matches, anyway I played Man U I went Dynamo Kiev, normal unranked match, was 4-0 up in first half and guy quit, I was away aswell :D

sorry to go off topic but I am 25 and watch pro wrestling but not that WWE crap! Japanese Pro Wrestling which is nothing like the WWE.

The Stereotypical view is that mostly Children watch Wrestling. My mate is 23 and he is still well into WWE but I laugh my head off at it all.... Its pretty darn stupid.

Only someone with the mentality of a child would watch wrestling beyond the age of about 14 IMO, as everyone knows it's all make believe so why would anyone with any degree of maturity continue to watch something that's pretend? Adults who continue to watch wrestling are akin to those who win the Darwin awards for killing themselves in the most stupid ways possible, when the world becomes too populated and we need a cull the simple way to decide who should go is to promote WWE wrestling matches and offer free entry, anyone who turns up is volunteering that they're not worthy of a place on this planet IMO :)

What? That has to be wrong!

Seriously there is more adult fans than children! Have you ever seen a wrestling match? First of all its pretty much all adults or old teens, then you have to be old enough to buy events on tv, so that would be adults again, some kid take the lead, but most are adults, otherwise it would be a lot of children watching at the matches.

Any "adult" who's into wrestling has serious issues as far as I'm concerned, do they still play with action men and suck their thumbs and play hide and seek as well? ;)

sorry to go off topic but I am 25 and watch pro wrestling but not that WWE crap! Japanese Pro Wrestling which is nothing like the WWE.

Of course, that's real wrestling and there's nothing wrong with it.

I guess I'm calling millions of people in the world boys then huh...

Yes you are.

I've been watching wrestling since 1992, why should I stop just because I'm older?

Because you're supposed to be an adult now, if you have matured mentality as you should have done by now then you should have moved beyond childish fantasy and pursuits.......

Last edited:
Do you guys ever had the situation that a player scores and starts running towards the crowd, and through the crowd. And you don't see the player anymore. Very weird. I have regrets that I bought this game. very dissapointed. fifa is just the better game this year.

I guess I better stop watching Eastenders, it's make-believe after all
I don't think anyone who watches WWE thinks it's real anymore.
The "E" stands for entertainment, I don't like WWE, but saying any adult who does is retarded is a bit much.

Any adult who likes FIFA though, well...

What do u guys think of the following:

is there any chance that low spec pc running the game on low details are more buggy, in that sense that the pc struggles to run it properly and for some reasons more bugs appear????

i talk to a couple of friends of mine with good machines and they say they didn't really see any bug, but a couple of other friends with old lap tops say (like me) that the keepers are trash and there are plenty of little bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom