WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one buddy
I'm waiting for those blind comments to say that at least net animations are "superb"
What a shame Konami
After all this, I reckon they should bring the release of PES2009 forward.

thanx mate
and here is the new logo if any one need it

pes2008.jpg

:lol:

PTW : i still love this game whatever happened :(

BTW guys. Will WE2008 see a PC release? Since the console release has been rumoured to contain English text etc and such, perhaps even PC users might have hope of a good game this year if they fix some stuff for WE.

When is it out btw, December, or is it November? Actually never mind, I checked the first post like a good troll. ;)

Last edited:
Sure, but if anyone to look at them is retarded, then you have 90% of the people retarded in the world for sure.

I don't like wrestling (WWE/WWF) at all, but I consider an absurd argument to call "retarded" people who enjoy it...

The point I'm making is that it's not nice to have something you're interested in, enjoy, care about or have a passion for belittled, ridiculed or in any way abused personally because of. Tobi's intimation that anyone who plays Fifa is a boy is ridiculing and belittling personally anyone who plays and enjoys Fifa and it should not be allowed.

If he thinks Fifa is shit he's free to say Fifa is shit, he should not be free however to use his opinion of Fifa as a basis for personally attacking someone who plays/likes Fifa.

Same as anyone who think that PES2008 is a complete rip off and insult to fans of past versions and an insult to the people who buy PES2008 can say that, they can't say "anyone who buys PES is a fucking moronic idiot". There is a line where comments about something are fine, comments about someoneare not fine, that line is being crossed and it should never have been allowed to happen because it builds up an atmosphere of anger, aggression and antagonism. I asked Tobi politely in the past to change his signature, he refused, so I wanted to make a point he would understand by belittling something he enjoys so he can see how it feels.

Any more OT shit in this this thread and there will be action taken, you have been warned!

I feel that the points I'm trying to raise here are directly on topic to this thread as they relate specifically to how people talk about the games and how they talk about each other, it's a line IMO that has not been picked up on by moderators and clarified, maybe I went over the top in the manner I chose to raise the issue but the point stands, criticising/belittling PES itself is not a personal insult, belittling the people who play PES is a personal insult and should not be allowed in this or any thread, vice versa belittling people who buy and enjoy Fifa should not be allowed in this or any thread or any signatures and such.

Raising awareness and understanding of where the lines is so that people will learn not to cross it is the cornerstone to shaping a community into having awareness of how to communicate and treat their fellow posters, as a moderator of 5 years standing it's a lesson I learned.

If you feel that my comments are offtopic (despite my attempts to explain why they're directly ontopic) feel free to take whatever action you deem necessary as I respect you and the job you do here.

If you call retards a group of people, you are going into the same path... not a very good thing...

I don't think so mate. PES 2009 should be well into development already.

Absolutely BULL-SHIT!! That is what Konami want us to believe. I honestly dont swallow that history of "modes of PES2009 completed". For me sounds like a smoke-sell from Seabass... I wonder how Konami's development team feels about this game. I have not received the PS3 game yet, but I have played some games at PC and the amount of problems is really disgusting. The keepers are worse than my cat playing football... please!!! Also, big body-balance guys are unstoppable! The pace/speed is ridiculous! Damn... I honestly don't believe that the PS3 game won't have these problems... and of course, slowdowns issues... jflores said that his american PS3 has no slowdown at all... I hope so...

I have some hopes for WE2008 just because PES2008 sucks, but not because I honestly believe that it will have a lot of mistakes fixed...

Last edited:
As I thought I explained I was trying to make a point? I personally don't give a toss if someone wants to watch wrestling at age 10, 20, 50, whatever, there's enough trouble finding happiness in life without being told or made to feel like a child (or boy) for doing something you enjoy, whether that be playing PES, Fifa, or watching wrestling :)

I leave this topic for a while. Nothing sensible to read at the moment and there are no new developement concerning patches.
No need anymore to read the constant flood of annyoing posts. :roll:
Be back when the patch is there :)

fifa is for those people that don't know much about football

For a second, I thought you might have been implying that PES2008 is anything like football. :lmao:

Then I realised you couldn't possibly be thinking that as only a complete idiot would suggest such a thing.

If you call retards a group of people, you are going into the same path... not a very good thing...

Absolutely BULL-SHIT!! That is what Konami want us to believe. I honestly dont swallow that history of "modes of PES2009 completed". For me sounds like a smoke-sell from Seabass... I wonder how Konami's development team feels about this game. I have not received the PS3 game yet, but I have played some games at PC and the amount of problems is really disgusting. The keepers are worse than my cat playing football... please!!! Also, big body-balance guys are unstoppable! The pace/speed is ridiculous! Damn... I honestly don't believe that the PS3 game won't have these problems... and of course, slowdowns issues... jflores said that his american PS3 has no slowdown at all... I hope so...

I have some hopes for WE2008 just because PES2008 sucks, but not because I honestly believe that it will have a lot of mistakes fixed...

Too be honest mate the modes will probably be the ones in the PS2 vers i.e Scenario.

For a second, I thought you might have been implying that PES2008 is anything like football. :lmao:

Then I realised you couldn't possibly be thinking that as only a complete idiot would suggest such a thing.

you remind me of Keanu Reevs in a Pablo Francisco show but with the line: "I've gone too far". Wake up dude konami's football game is everything like football from the very beggining, Thing is that the fans of the game are dissapointed about konami for not making the BIG step forward not because the game is not good.The funniest thing tho is those fifa fan boys who think they can harm pes with their keyboard so much wasted energy

:lmao: great picture :lmao:

I am not a FIFA fanboy at all (for me, FIFA can be put again in the bin, I won't miss it, it SUCKS) but this version of PES2008, at least PC version, sucks big time also. You know, GK's have never been perfect on our beloved game, but this version make me think that all the goalkeepers for the game were kidnapped and their places were taken by Konami staff so we can see their "abilities" (?) at the goal line. Just pathetic, that is all.

And the speed is completely non-sense, however I think that the PS3 demo recently added to European Store is a bit slower. I have to try the PS3 full version, then I will give my personal review, like many other here.

And about PES2009 modes, probably you are right DeadMan. And that is a big insult from Konami, again. They just recycle stuff to lure the fans.

I seem to be one of the only people that is loving this game more than any other WE/PES game I have ever played (and yes, I have been playing since ISS on the PS1). Give PES2008 time and it really is an outstanding game. All this talk about scorelines of 6-5 is just shoddy defending in my book because almost all of the games between me and my friends or online end at the most 2-1 or similar.

The gameplay is a hell of a lot different from PES6 but that can only bre seen as a good thing. I have to admit that I hated the game for about a week and was even contemplating selling it but after giving it a chance I fucking love it. Sure, Edit Mode is lacking and some of the goalkeepers actions are dubious to say the least, but on the whole it is a great, great game.

I seem to be one of the only people that is loving this game more than any other WE/PES game I have ever played (and yes, I have been playing since ISS on the PS1). Give PES2008 time and it really is an outstanding game. All this talk about scorelines of 6-5 is just shoddy defending in my book because almost all of the games between me and my friends or online end at the most 2-1 or similar.

The gameplay is a hell of a lot different from PES6 but that can only bre seen as a good thing. I have to admit that I hated the game for about a week and was even contemplating selling it but after giving it a chance I fucking love it. Sure, Edit Mode is lacking and some of the goalkeepers actions are dubious to say the least, but on the whole it is a great, great game.

Great Post lad and I totally agree. In the beginning i also thought WOW what did they do with the game (AWFULL presentation and lack of futures). The more i play it the more i love it the more i`m not bothered about the lack of features :)

playing fifa is like saying that you are interested in martial arts but you watch WWF

And with that

We have reached the end of the thread.

I'd give it a B+

good job team

we had our ups, our downs, some upside frowns :[

But I have a smile and shall smile forever more :]

I don't have a PS3 or a 360 and can say that my nerd rating is significantly better because of it >:]

But I do love ye all, each and everyone <3

All this talk about scorelines of 6-5 is just shoddy defending

Or perhaps it's just a poor gameplay model....

The gameplay is a hell of a lot different from PES6 but that can only bre seen as a good thing.

Please explain precisely how PES2008 is "a hell of a lot different from PES6"? Now is your chance to explain, in your own time and words, your farfetched and disingenuous claim.

hey, played the demo a couple of hours beforehand ......terrible....shit is this crap....boody hell...what big misstake where made!

apart from this, now i know why konami and sony didn't release the demo before the game hit the store...::lol::

anyway, for a hardcore WE player the WE2008 release is my last hope...glad , that i cancled my pes2008 order...

cheers

Please explain precisely how PES2008 is "a hell of a lot different from PES6"? Now is your chance to explain, in your own time and words, your farfetched and disingenuous claim.

a-hurf durf we can have opinions but uggg dont u dare try and have ur own

i find christmas offensive to my religion as well as blackboards and women

:[

a-hurf durf we can have opinions but uggg dont u dare try and have ur own

i find christmas offensive to my religion as well as blackboards and women

:[

phuck off, kock

I await Mumpleaser's precise words which will explain to us all exactly why PES2008 is "a hell of a lot different" to PES6 :lmao:

This is undoubtly the best football videogame i´ve ever played. That simple. Even with their obvious lazyness Konami boys gave us an excellent game, again. PES 2008 IS THE BEST FOOTBALL VIDEOGAME EVER MADE. Play the game.U´ll see what i mean...

phuck off, kock

I shall not rest until you are properly reprimanded for this.

I got some warning points or whatever for saying "fu" so i'mma tell on you and you'll get your bot bot smacked :[

I've made a point of not making personal insults but oh well.

You're one of these fickle lot who will parade PES to the rooftops when it's good but will change tune like a low rent prostitute just so you can appear to be the bandwagon driver.

Oh well I guess you can re-reg and be notswin the pes lover next year.

Badgur ideas

Brilliant ideers

Alls I got to say is PES08 is garbage. i agree its better than PES6 and all its previous versions, but that doesn't make it good. Keepers are terrible, and the speed is all wrong. People need to take off their rose tinted glass and look at the game from an nuetral perspective.

I played a game with my friend who has never played PES before and he was appalled at how many defensive mistakes the goalies kept making. It boggles me that people could possibly justify that the keepers and defense resemble anything of 'real football'. Having that said, that is the only way to enjoy PES is to play it with someone else. Against the CPU its dogshit and many are afraid to admit it.

I like the game in 1-player modes.
Although it's hard to tell teams apart due to the rosey colours.
No I'll come clean, THIS GAME SU...
..i can't, I'm too scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom