WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No game has launched badly from a technical standpoint and ever recovered," he explained. "If you launch badly, it's tough to come back."
(From Mark Jacobs, boss of the firm's EA Mythic division, article on http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=86855)

I guess this could be easily applied to pes2008. I mean i am one of those who are thinking about selling the same (i can't bring it back as i registered on line), but i am sure many more feel the same for the first time.

Maybe there are more bugs on the PC full stop.
I haven't seen any of the crazy bugs on PS3, maybe it's just a matter of time though.

same here....after playing for 2 weeks everyday i have not seens any bugs on the ps3...... and like i said before al vids i have seen with the bugs are all from PC version.

"No game has launched badly from a technical standpoint and ever recovered," he explained. "If you launch badly, it's tough to come back."
(From Mark Jacobs, boss of the firm's EA Mythic division, article on http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=86855)

I guess this could be easily applied to pes2008. I mean i am one of those who are thinking about selling the same (i can't bring it back as i registered on line), but i am sure many more feel the same for the first time.

I'm not selling my copy. I'm keeping it as a record of PES having reached what will surely be its lowest point.

I'll only ever turn it on again to remind myself just how bad this game got.

With regard to the Mark Jacbos quote, PES has more than just basic technical problems. Even if the patches they're apparently working on fully resolve the framerate and lag issues, I'll still have a crap game on my hands.

Quite a lot of the negative reviews of PES focus largley on the poor framterates and on-line flaws but don't make enough fuss about the underlying poor gameplay. I can see Konami focusing on getting framerates up to par for PES2009 and then reverting to type by just adding a tweak here and there to the same game engine they've been flogging for the past decade. There's only so much you can do with that engine and it's already 2 or 3 years past its sell-by date.

Time to move to full analogue, Mr C Bass.

Only someone with the mentality of a child would watch wrestling beyond the age of about 14 IMO, as everyone knows it's all make believe so why would anyone with any degree of maturity continue to watch something that's pretend? Adults who continue to watch wrestling are akin to those who win the Darwin awards for killing themselves in the most stupid ways possible, when the world becomes too populated and we need a cull the simple way to decide who should go is to promote WWE wrestling matches and offer free entry, anyone who turns up is volunteering that they're not worthy of a place on this planet IMO :)

Any "adult" who's into wrestling has serious issues as far as I'm concerned, do they still play with action men and suck their thumbs and play hide and seek as well? ;)

Of course, that's real wrestling and there's nothing wrong with it.

Yes you are.

Because you're supposed to be an adult now, if you have matured mentality as you should have done by now then you should have moved beyond childish fantasy and pursuits.......

Don`t watch movies because they are Pretending. :8): :8): :8):

I think that makes movies for boys !!!!!!!!!! :shock:

PES FOR EVER exactly what I was gonna say.

You must not watch anything Placebo, all films are fantasy make believe, besides ones based on real events, all besides them are make belief! So should we all get mature and not watch movies? Woah definately stay away from Shrek and animation movies, that must be ultra childish!

Theres nothing wrong with younger fantasys and pursuits, think where it got some people, Im guessing David Beckham was a kid when he said im going to play in the world cup, went on and played in england etc!

Has anyone tried the new eyetoy on the PS3 yet, in comparison with the old eyetoy, cause I wanna know if its mucho better, as at the moment trying to import my football top, but its a bright yellow on the ps2 eyetoy it comes up a pale/beige yellow! All the other colours are fine though! :(

Well so far i discovered the hard way the Background download bug, which made freak out really...
Also in some celebrations the player dissapear in cloud of textures like hes gone on a stadium tunnel and the camera can take it.

You must not watch anything Placebo, all films are fantasy make believe, besides ones based on real events, all besides them are make belief! So should we all get mature and not watch movies? Woah definately stay away from Shrek and animation movies, that must be ultra childish!

Don`t watch movies because they are Pretending. :8): :8): :8):

I think that makes movies for boys !!!!!!!!!! :shock:

There's a rather large difference between the "pretence" of movies and the pretence of steroid addled, sweaty mean wearing speedos or leotards pretending to beat each other up......

Movies are literature in the visual medium, I think that no matter how many faked death storyline there are in WWE it can never be thought of as literature or any art form.

does anyone know if the ps3 version of the game upscales from 720p to 1080i?
i have a 1080i only tv and its really annoying i have to play 720p games in 480p...

Only someone with the mentality of a child would watch wrestling beyond the age of about 14 IMO, as everyone knows it's all make believe so why would anyone with any degree of maturity continue to watch something that's pretend? Adults who continue to watch wrestling are akin to those who win the Darwin awards for killing themselves in the most stupid ways possible, when the world becomes too populated and we need a cull the simple way to decide who should go is to promote WWE wrestling matches and offer free entry, anyone who turns up is volunteering that they're not worthy of a place on this planet IMO :)

Any "adult" who's into wrestling has serious issues as far as I'm concerned, do they still play with action men and suck their thumbs and play hide and seek as well? ;)

Of course, that's real wrestling and there's nothing wrong with it.

Yes you are.

Because you're supposed to be an adult now, if you have matured mentality as you should have done by now then you should have moved beyond childish fantasy and pursuits.......

:lol:, I'm off to watch RAW.

wow. playing a league with barca and low and behold im playing in my away kit at the nou camp. well done konami. would have it been too much to allow us to choose the strips before a match? bloody sloppy.

Uhm when i watch arsenal man u today i saw no coast to coast, no players dribbling the defense a lot of midfield fight and no superfast 360 turns. I saw a lot of fifa 08 there and pretty much no pes2008 at all.

Well maybe almunia could qualify as the perfect pes keeper!!!!

Uhm when i watch arsenal man u today i saw no coast to coast, no players dribbling the defense a lot of midfield fight and no superfast 360 turns. I saw a lot of fifa 08 there and pretty much no pes2008 at all.

Well maybe almunia could qualify as the perfect pes keeper!!!!

I usually find this to be true aswell. Obviously some matches are consistently high-paced whilst others are what you describe. But I generally feel that FIFA really captures the realism and general flow. I haven't played it enough on the 360 to know how easy it is to change tactics and to switch from low-tempo to high etc. PES has the upper hand afaik since you can change formations on the fly and go immediately from defending to full-out attack, and you have the attack/defence-bar aswell to choose how high up they should press etc.

Of course WWF is very popular, it's important to look after the animals is it not? :)

Sure, but if anyone to look at them is retarded, then you have 90% of the people retarded in the world for sure.

I don't like wrestling (WWE/WWF) at all, but I consider an absurd argument to call "retarded" people who enjoy it...

same here....after playing for 2 weeks everyday i have not seens any bugs on the ps3...... and like i said before al vids i have seen with the bugs are all from PC version.

I think thats just cos u dont want to c them, junka.. Trust me there are alot of bugs in this game, which makes me wonder if they even bothered testing the game before they released it.. I played a few games and even in those, players would just run str8 through ad boards and keep going.. Whats that all about.. :roll:
Then theres the bug where u can score from the half way line cos the the keepers are pretty shite and have no clue what there doing.. To many bugs, which is why Fifa wins this year im afraid! Good job Kocknami! :applause:

Silly blind fanboy.

I think Konami made a hasty decision when they released this one. I would not mind waiting another year, just give us something worth our money. I'm really disapointed with PES 2008. I'm just hoping that Winning Eleven 2008 would be better.

I think konami need time to build a new database for the PS3 that's why I forgive them this year

Any more OT shit in this this thread and there will be action taken, you have been warned!

Nice one buddy
I'm waiting for those blind comments to say that at least net animations are "superb"
What a shame Konami
After all this, I reckon they should bring the release of PES2009 forward.

Yea mate thats all we need another rush job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom