WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody know how you can play with 2 players in the demo because i can see a second controller but i can't give it a side

Cool intro video, shame it has hardly anything to do with football besides the couple of balls and kicks being shown. What are konami thinking?! I mean what has "urban jumping" , or whatever the f$%k its called, got to do with football? Or running over the grandcanyon? Or a bunch of cheerleaders?

My main thought when seeing that was; "There goes the ML budget".

Still it looks nice, shame it has no relevance to the game.......small detail I guess.

@ Pes for ever;

Do you really need to have one of the most stupid comments in this thread as you sig? Its not a FACT..........Oh well :D

Last edited:
I love all the PES intros for some reason! This new one is definately one of the coolest looking ones, although maybe not the best one to caputre the passion of football, like PES3 with the fans, shows lows and highs etc and music to show the mood, think that was my favourite one, PES6 had the worst intro, but even that was still good :D offcourse this is all my opinion :D

Who cares if its not all about football! The video was obviously trying to bring more people in to play the game, girls, free runners, guys with weird glowing colourful hair! They are grabbing a new audience! :lol:

Cool intro video, said it has hardly anything to do with football besides the couple of balls and kicks being shown. What are konami thinking?! I mean what has "urban jumping" , or whatever the f$%k its called, got to do with football? Or running over the grandcanyon? Or a bunch of cheerleaders?

My main thought when seeing that was; "There goes the ML budget".

Still it looks nice, shame it has no relevance to the game.......small detail I guess.

@ Pes for ever;

Do you really need to have one of the most stupid comments in this thread as you sig? Its not a FACT..........Oh well :D

IT IS FOR ME :D

I like fifa Because it looks wonderful but gameplay Disgusted

I like PES Because it play better but not PES2008 it Disgusted

I hope you know what I mean :D

New Patch for PES 2008 available (PC)

A new patch for "Pro Evolution Soccer 2008" is now available for download! Just download and install the patch and update your game!

Changes in version 1.1

1) Lag issues resulting from slow connections have been improved.
2) The speed the power bar builds up is now consistent.
3) Small mistakes in the in-game text have been fixed.
4) Minor issues that occurred under rare conditions have been solved.

Just download and install the patch and update your game!

http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=286
They better rls it for PS3 soon :o

Sorry the patch does not do a shit to me. Still can't log in and off line it looks the bloody same. Maybe they will patch the patch now.

P.S.
I heard of a fantastic patch for the PS3, it is called "X.360"....

I love the "small mistakes and minor issues"......it must have been written by the famous Adonis' contact. It looks like this beauty in action needs a bit of make up surgery after all.......

Last edited:
Who cares if its not all about football

Well it is a football game is it not? I mean we might aswell just put some of the dead or alive chicks on there jumping about, that also has balls flying around :D

I may be looking at it more professionally, but its a product and all elements should work to improve and strengthen what the product is about. The video has nothing to do with the game whatsoever, besides the actual content in the intro, the menu style of the game will also have no correlation to what the intro vid shows.

It just feels, and I expect this to be the case, that konami sent a brief to some 3d/advertising company to make a flashy hip/urban footie montage for the game. And that was it, no other thoughts. Its tacked on.

To me, if I was responsible for it I would have done the following:

Ingame vid of two teams playing and then ronaldo (as the posterboy) scores a great goal and runs to the corner to cheer with the teammates. The crowd goes wild but there is another sound over that which makes the players turn to look at the centre of the stand/stadium at a black box. The camera zooms in to find 4 mates sitting behind the black box/tv, two cheering the goal they scored and two looking glum and a bit angry at each other for conceding the goal. Then the pes logo comes in and the vid fades out to show the press start menu.

To me something like that would represent pes far better then the vid they have done now. Its not flashy or hip/urban but then the game isnt either. Its about having fun with mates, so show/advertise it!

But its these types of things that require some thought and pes, for years now, has felt like a game that only looks at gameplay and the rest is fluff with no thought/effort being put into it.

@ PES for ever;

I understand what you mean, but its still not a fact as lami would have people believe, lol :D. Nevermind, its only a sig.

So charlie your telling me, if I get this X.360 patch on my PS3 version it will look better?

All the kits done new teams etc?

:lol:

Pittiful attempt, that was AWFUL!

Sorry the patch does not do a shit to me. Still can't log in and off line it looks the bloody same. Maybe they will patch the patch now.
On PESFan I read that it will work if you switch off other internet-connections than the one you use for PES 2008.
BTW did you ever register PES 2008 for your PC? You know, when you insert the PES 2008 DVD and choosing for register online?

On PESFan I read that it will work if you switch off other internet-connections than the one you use for PES 2008.
BTW did you ever register PES 2008 for your PC? You know, when you insert the PES 2008 DVD and choosing for register online?

I played some on line games last week than it stopped working. I didn't really understand what you mean with " switch off other internet connections", i have nothing running but pes.

Did u manage to connect today???

Well it is a football game is it not? I mean we might aswell just put some of the dead or alive chicks on there jumping about, that also has balls flying around :D

I may be looking at it more professionally, but its a product and all elements should work to improve and strengthen what the product is about. The video has nothing to do with the game whatsoever, besides the actual content in the intro, the menu style of the game will also have no correlation to what the intro vid shows.

It just feels, and I expect this to be the case, that konami sent a brief to some 3d/advertising company to make a flashy hip/urban footie montage for the game. And that was it, no other thoughts. Its tacked on.

To me, if I was responsible for it I would have done the following:

Ingame vid of two teams playing and then ronaldo (as the posterboy) scores a great goal and runs to the corner to cheer with the teammates. The crowd goes wild but there is another sound over that which makes the players turn to look at the centre of the stand/stadium at a black box. The camera zooms in to find 4 mates sitting behind the black box/tv, two cheering the goal they scored and two looking glum and a bit angry at each other for conceding the goal. Then the pes logo comes in and the vid fades out to show the press start menu.

To me something like that would represent pes far better then the vid they have done now. Its not flashy or hip/urban but then the game isnt either. Its about having fun with mates, so show/advertise it!

But its these types of things that require some thought and pes, for years now, has felt like a game that only looks at gameplay and the rest is fluff with no thought/effort being put into it.

@ PES for ever;

I understand what you mean, but its still not a fact as lami would have people believe, lol :D. Nevermind, its only a sig.

Yer precisely its a football game, a intro is a intro, in the end of the day you know what you have as you have bought it afterall, it still has teh football elements I dont see the problem, looks fun to me.

Why put dead or alive chicks in? Get some real woman in, get Ronaldo and co kicking balls at them, once the 2008th ball has been kicked fade to the menu! now that is a intro!

I wouldnt register, if its anything like the ps3 it means you game will be locked for online gaming. I think thats a shocking element to put in. What will happen to all the brought back games that have already been used online? You cant buy a used game as it will lack a game feature. Maybe they knew a lot of people would be trying to get rid of it after the first week and decided to hinder them with this measure.

P.S.
I heard of a fantastic patch for the PS3, it is called "X.360"....

I love the "small mistakes and minor issues"......it must have been written by the famous Adonis' contact. It looks like this beauty in action needs a bit of make up surgery after all.......

same issue with the version 1.1?

same issue with the version 1.1?

I can't log in right now, i'll give it a try later. Off line i don't see much difference, but the pc version isn't the troubled one i guess off line.

Tik:

first thing i did when i bought the game is to register on line and play some games, i regret that becaus i wanted to bring it back. Well then again 30 euros for the pc version ins't too much so i decided to keep it, i mean with some friends and a pizza is fun anyway.

Last edited:
Why put dead or alive chicks in? Get some real woman in, get Ronaldo and co kicking balls at them, once the 2008th ball has been kicked fade to the menu! now that is a intro!

See even this has more relevance. Like I said I like the vid aswell, and its only an intro as you say. After the first viewing youll never watch it again. So from a gamer perspective its fine, to some degree, however from a perspective that you are wanting to represent your product its rubbish. It may not be important, but to me it just sums up how konami have treated pes over the years, especially the latest few versions.

I played some on line games last week than it stopped working. I didn't really understand what you mean with " switch off other internet connections", i have nothing running but pes.

Did u manage to connect today???
I just tried for you and I easily could log in today, like yesterday :)
What I mean with 'switch off other internet connections is this:
- rightclick on the icon 'my network' or 'my networklocations' ( donno how it's called on a English computer )
- Choose from the menu 'properties' after which you see icons of all your network-locations.
- If you have more than one icon, you should switch off the connections you do NOT use for pes. You do that by rightclicking on that conncetion and choose 'switch off'
-if 1394-connection is in the list, you might not be able to switch it off but that's okay.
After this you should be able to play on -line :)

OK where is Adonis - you know that extremely well informed chap. I need to hear the latest on PES2009 :)

You haven't heard? It's almost finished apparently. Looks sweet.

mainmenuresozeuk7.jpg

editmenucopyrezizepa4.jpg

screenshot2copyresizehw7.jpg

No I think you'll find the stupidest comment ever is Tobi's:

"PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER IS FOR MEN, FIFA IS FOR BOYS!"

Yes that's the same Tobi who plays wrestling games :lmao:

Why are you so obsessed with my signiture?

Because it's insulting. Pretty hypocritical of you to say that Fifa is for boys yet you're apparently into wrestling, so how old are you?

Its not insulting its my opinion.

I'm 21 and I like wrestling... your point is?

I just tried for you and I easily could log in today, like yesterday :)
What I mean with 'switch off other internet connections is this:
- rightclick on the icon 'my network' or 'my networklocations' ( donno how it's called on a English computer )
- Choose from the menu 'properties' after which you see icons of all your network-locations.
- If you have more than one icon, you should switch off the connections you do NOT use for pes. You do that by rightclicking on that conncetion and choose 'switch off'
-if 1394-connection is in the list, you might not be able to switch it off but that's okay.
After this you should be able to play on -line :)

Cheers, I'll try that tonight.

So did it get better with the patch?

I've noticed another annoying thing in the game, I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but if you attempt to round the keeper and he wipes you out, nothing is given. Twice I've been one on one, taken the ball to the side of him and the keeper has come flying out headfirst taking my player down and the ref did nothing.

I've noticed another annoying thing in the game, I'm not sure if its been mentioned yet, but if you attempt to round the keeper and he wipes you out, nothing is given. Twice I've been one on one, taken the ball to the side of him and the keeper has come flying out headfirst taking my player down and the ref did nothing.

Oh, sounds like they've lifted that one straight out of WE10JL. I don't think it was in PES6.

In WE10JL, even the replays didn't try to disguise the fact that the keeper has performed a 2-footed assault on your striker, getting nowhere near the ball, yet nothing is given...play-on.

Jack, fancy making a video of one of these (they occur often enough in WE10JL, so will probably be very frequent in PES2008).

Send it off to Konami and await the "You reported us an error which is known to our development team. The team is doing nothing to resolve this problem any time soon" reply.

what about the other annoying thing from WE10 when the keeper doesnt actually take you down but instead makes you stumble which lets the defenders recover and tackle you. Is that on PES2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom