WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that's how many people are buying PES this year.

They go sheepishly into the shop, wait until nobody is looking before shuffling up to the counter and whispering "PES2008 please. It's not for me, it's for a friend."

hahaha :lmao:

but seriously... im not buying it, specially after testing the ps3 full version yesterday and still thinknig it "sucks" like the demo.(its not a bad game, but its just not in the same level of my past belived WEs)
i just dont have words to describe how disapointed i am, not that i expected any real changes from the demo, but i did think that something would make me enjoy it more, didnt happen.

the question i asked was made by a friend in a brazilian forum, so thats why i wanted to know that.

anyway, i literally LOL imagining the scence u described! :lmao:

I think network problems....

@Noobzor, can you tell us what the patch should do? I think that will be in a readme-file. I cannot enter the Konami-site anymore; probably servers busy....

there is no readme, nothing, no indication of what the patch does, and no sign of any difference in the game.

konami are a fucking shambles of a company

I just wanted to look if something has changed on-line, but I got an error during verification. Looks like I lost my password :oops:
Does somebody know how to recover the password?

there is no readme, nothing, no indication of what the patch does, and no sign of any difference in the game.

konami are a fucking shambles of a company

Have you checked your editing options in PES? Given Konami's track record, I'd be concerned that the patch deletes features from the game.

I think it's time to stop with silly comments like that.
You have nothing constructive to add.

Since when were only constructive comments allowed?

Constructive comments about PES are a waste of time. Konami are most definitely not listening.

I fully intend to rip the piss out of this game.

They are a joke of a company and fully deserve to have the piss ripped out of them.

Releasing a patch with no readme, no changes document, which does more or less nothing to improve the online game (huge numbers of pc users cant even JOIN a game, let a lone play one and this patch does nothing to address the issue). Some people are saying it increases replay fps by about 10, so thats great, we can now have replays at 15fps! In true konami fashion the servers with the patch have now gone down so a lot of people won't even be able to get it unless they know how to find mirrors.

The whole thing is one big horrible mess, they should be crucified for this game and their handling of it, yet they won't be, because in the eyes of the outside world the game is a roaring success.

I didn't even know that the PC had issues too.

You better believe it!

Konami can suck my balls as well.

I dont think ive ever known a game company to release a patch without any notes or changes. That has to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard!

I think it's time to stop with silly comments like that.
You have nothing constructive to add.

We have been hearing constructive comments for months, and many people wasted 470 euros for a console and a game that is broken based on those fake constructive comments. It might be about time not to be constructive and safeguard our money.

He has the right to be sarcastic after all the hype that has been written about a buggy game.

Check the first TG post and tell me how many of those things are in the game.

Ok so here are opinions on both PES and Fifa after a few days of continous playing..

PES 2008
Presentation - 7 (Menu's are better than before but still lack that something extra..)
Graphics - 7 (Faces r good and there are some nice animations but the pitch looks pretty dull and crowd is pitiful)
Sound - 8.5 (I actaully think this is the best thing in PES this year.. Love the music :applause: and in game its pretty good overall)
Gameplay - 7.5 (I wanted to give it higher but it simply doesnt deserve it.. This years version is a huge step backwards and a big disappointment.. Next years version has to be leaps and bounds better if they wanna keep the PES series alive.. #-o
Longetivity - 7 (Whether the gameplay is great or not, multiplayer will always be alot of fun and ML may keep u playing a bit longer..

OVERALL - 7.4/10

Fifa 08
Presentation - 9 (Menus are superb as usual and everything is set up like it should be.. Nice to have something to do while its loading aswell..)
Graphics - 8.5 (Very nice overall.. Players do look a little wierd at times close up but when playing with a wide camera angle, looks very nice!:applause:)
Sounds - 8.5 (Pretty gd, i like PES and Fifa equally to be honesy, maybe the refs whistle could be a bit louder at times tho.. But the songs are good as always)
Gameplay - 9 (A HUGE and i mean huge step up from last years.. I find the games on Fifa more exciting than thats of PES this years which is a massive surprise.. People say its to slow, nah, its only as slow as u want it to be..)
Longetivity - 9 (A big selection of modes, i know Manager mode will keep me going for a while and then theres online aswell of course..

OVERALL - 9/10

So there are my thoughts of the two big footie games this year.. Im glad i bought Fifa this time around cos imm trying to like PES but its just aint happening..
And NO im not a Fifa Fanboy, this is the first one ive bought since 2000 and i've have had all the PES's since ISS...
Konami need to pull there finger out and get working on PES 09 cos if its aint a huge improvement, ppl including myself aren't going to be happy!!!:shock:
Right well im off to play Fifa then! :)

Ok so here are opinions on both PES and Fifa after a few days of continous playing..

PES 2008
Presentation - 7 (Menu's are better than before but still lack that something extra..)
Graphics - 7 (Faces r good and there are some nice animations but the pitch looks pretty dull and crowd is pitiful)
Sound - 8.5 (I actaully think this is the best thing in PES this year.. Love the music :applause: and in game its pretty good overall)
Gameplay - 7.5 (I wanted to give it higher but it simply doesnt deserve it.. This years version is a huge step backwards and a big disappointment.. Next years version has to be leaps and bounds better if they wanna keep the PES series alive.. #-o
Longetivity - 7 (Whether the gameplay is great or not, multiplayer will always be alot of fun and ML may keep u playing a bit longer..

OVERALL - 7.4/10

Fifa 08
Presentation - 9 (Menus are superb as usual and everything is set up like it should be.. Nice to have something to do while its loading aswell..)
Graphics - 8.5 (Very nice overall.. Players do look a little wierd at times close up but when playing with a wide camera angle, looks very nice!:applause:)
Sounds - 8.5 (Pretty gd, i like PES and Fifa equally to be honesy, maybe the refs whistle could be a bit louder at times tho.. But the songs are good as always)
Gameplay - 9 (A HUGE and i mean huge step up from last years.. I find the games on Fifa more exciting than thats of PES this years which is a massive surprise.. People say its to slow, nah, its only as slow as u want it to be..)
Longetivity - 9 (A big selection of modes, i know Manager mode will keep me going for a while and then theres online aswell of course..

OVERALL - 9/10

So there are my thoughts of the two big footie games this year.. Im glad i bought Fifa this time around cos imm trying to like PES but its just aint happening..
And NO im not a Fifa Fanboy, this is the first one ive bought since 2000 and i've have had all the PES's since ISS...
Konami need to pull there finger out and get working on PES 09 cos if its aint a huge improvement, ppl including myself aren't going to be happy!!!:shock:
Totally agree :applause:

hmmmm i played FIFA08....but still the gameplay is realy not that good:(
PES2008 has flaws but for me still the gameplay made it ok to play it this year.

Sound - 8.5 (I actaully think this is the best thing in PES this year.. Love the music and in game its pretty good overall)

I hope that was supposed to be ironic...

Check the first TG post and tell me how many of those things are in the game.

I like the "Goalkeepers are now very realistic" one.

PES2008 demo on the PS Store

Bundle PS3 40Gb (Cell 65mm) / PES2008 (15 November)

ps3_pes2008.jpg

Last edited:

PES 2008

OVERALL - 7.4/10

Fifa 08

OVERALL - 9/10

WOW i feel the exact same way.. i woudnt change nothing in your reveiw!
i give your review a 10/10! :applause:

Well I exchanged PES2008 for Fifa08 - I have to say I think Fifa is the better game this year - very much more like a simulation.

I hope that was supposed to be ironic...

I like the "Goalkeepers are now very realistic" one.

lol nah, i generally think the music is quite catchy.. That Dream song is pretty decent.. :mrgreen:

O yer and off topic, i watched Hostel II yesterday and all i gotta say is.. :eek:
Anytime u cut someones bollocks off and throw them to the dogs to eat, u gotta be worried.. 8-[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom