WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jack, i quite like fifa but i dunno, i feel like im starting to get bored with it, hasnt grabbed me like pes has in the past, i find myself not spending much time on it, either im sick of it or sick of playing on the 360 alltogether
This isn't the thread to be talking about it mate, it's a PES thread. But I can take criticism of FIFA before anyone tries to start yet another fanboy argument (for the tenth time, seeing PES's response times is annoying when FIFAs are so bad).

This isn't the thread to be talking about it mate, it's a PES thread. But I can take criticism of FIFA before anyone tries to start yet another fanboy argument (for the tenth time, seeing PES's response times is annoying when FIFAs are so bad).

yeh i realise its not the thread, but i wouldnt exactly be saying im getting bored with fifa in the fifa thread would i?;)

Umm why? In the Fifa thread we don't exactly act like someone is abusing one of our family members when someone dares to criticise Fifa or otherwise say they're not enjoying themselves........

Why not? It is the FIFA thread and I've done plenty of criticising PES in the PES threads! :) You might have people debating your points and saying you're wrong but at the end of the day that's what a forum is for, not for everyone to say "I agree".

Ok fellas, I have mentioned this before, but this time I am positive after some testing.

The PS3 version of this game plays a lot slower paced when using the Pelican Controller adapters with the PS2 controllers. The pace is noticebly slower, however the players tend to be sluggish on their turns and dribbles.

With the Sixaxis controllers, the pace is much faster and the players are perfectly responsive with their turns and dribbles.

With the Sixaxis, the game feels a lot better with gameplay and player responsiveness.

I just find this very strange.

You're showing your true colours now. If you can't take stupid jokes about a game you love (are you married to it? That kind of response seems to suggest you're hurt by it), then you can't have been on the internet very long.

I like FIFA this year, how many times will I read "so you're 12 years old then"... I don't know. But it will be more times than you'll see a joke about PES. And I haven't called anybody on this forum a retard yet, respectable posters don't do that, so I'd think about what you're saying before pressing "post".

Yup. I show my true colors. I went into the forum, hoping for some interesting discussion around PES, and the whole page was just off-topic jokes about the game. Some jokes are ok, but this whole forum has become one big joke lately.

I don't care if you like FIFA. PES and FIFA are 2 different games with different gameplay (even if FIFA has tried to copy everything directly from PES).

If someone can suggest other PES-forums I could try out instead, I would be very happy. A place where the discussions is on a bit higher level than this. Anyone? (don't suggest pesfan)

this is essentially a kids game, now shut up and act your age.. ;)
Holy crap, that is the exact phrase my dad says every day. And yet he's just spent £150 on an Xbox 360 to play these kids games on. And he's over 60. That phrase bugs the hell out of me...

Incidentally, ToaTheBoa, this thread became hugely off-topic about 600 pages ago - no joke. I think the admin have only chosen to leave it open because it would only be recreated with a different name shortly after it's closure. So there's slightly more intellectual debate around the rest of the site. It's either us or PESfan, and I've been told there's uproar over there about how poor PES2008 is, so you might want to stick with us. ;)

Last edited:
They are stating they have spoken to Konami and they are working on an offline patch due soon, that will fix the frame rate problems but not in the replays? hoe weird is that! Also nothing to fix or add anything else, now there is surprise..

jack, i quite like fifa but i dunno, i feel like im starting to get bored with it, hasnt grabbed me like pes has in the past, i find myself not spending much time on it, either im sick of it or sick of playing on the 360 alltogether

fifa loses its appeal quickly.. i was tired of it after 1 week... ball physics are to floaty for me, it is unresponsive and every team/player plays the same

Holy crap, that is the exact phrase my dad says every day. And yet he's just spent £150 on an Xbox 360 to play these kids games on. And he's over 60. That phrase bugs the hell out of me...

A few years back when I was 30, my Mum says to me "when are you going to stop playing those silly games?" meaning all gaming, a few months later I got offered a job at BIS (developer of PC games) and the rest obviously is history, 3 years in the Czech Republic where I met my wife, now we live in Singapore, she senior animator on an Xbox 360 game, me playing games all day and doing some freelance work still for BIS, not bad for just playing these silly games we all like to play ;) I still remind her from time to time about the comment she made to me, I think she feels pretty bad considering ;)

I've got the PS3 version of PES 2008 and i noticed that while playing against the substitutes in training mode there was no slowdown at all.

It seems that the combination of crowd and/or commentary contributes to the slowdown. Try it out and see for yourself.

I actually get more slowdown in training than playing a match (at Stade Louis II, which is the only stadium I can stand).

Really, thats weird. Would yo say that the stade Louis II is the best stadium for the least slowdown then?

is training mode the same as previous versions? no dummies to practice free kicks on like we saw in early screens? ill be dissapointed if thats the case and its the same as older versions, cheers

Gomito, got your PS3 and game copy yet? come on bro, your falling behind. I want a rematch of that last Fifa game we had online with PES2008. lol!

When I get home, I will play around in practice mode with the GK to see if I can figure out a way to avoid the crap deflections and easy tap ins.

mate i find the reviews pretty bad all around, and since im not going to play any ps3 games anytime soon, i dont want to spend $470 to just play pro evo...

is training mode the same as previous versions? no dummies to practice free kicks on like we saw in early screens? ill be dissapointed if thats the case and its the same as older versions, cheers

you can be pretty dissapointed, there is no dummies, in fact they also removed the challenge training.

mate i find the reviews pretty bad all around, and since im not going to play any ps3 games anytime soon, i dont want to spend $470 to just play pro evo...

Right. You are in the US and therefore you will benefit from a smooth copy game. Yes, the game has problems, but it's still fun against a friend. I do see your point though. It's a lot of dinero to spend for a few games only.

[MC-PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3 locks online play to registered user - http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22444

Something which many of us missed from Gamespot's review on PES 2008 for the PS3 is that the online registration process locks your copy of the game to your Konami account. So therefore, if you ever wish to sell your copy of the game, then the buyer will have to have your registration details in order to go online.

I would love to play against you and see if you can use your Pokemon Henry powers against me.

If a good player plays with Inter against you, your defenders will be ripped apart. Trust me.

Anyway, it is pathetic that I have scored the same exact goal two times... and damn... the keepers :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom