WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over at PESFAN Rob McLean is saying he isn't very impressed with PES2008 and will be not be as active in competition this year.

I totally agree - where is that wanker these days?

Obviously not on here after reading comments like this!

Less of this please! If you feel that strongly towards him why dont you send him a constructive email addressing your problem with him or something

damnnn dunno if anyone tested the PES2008 demo on from PSN,
but i get more slowdowns in the demo then from the full version.

damnnn dunno if anyone tested the PES2008 demo on from PSN,
but i get more slowdowns in the demo then from the full version.

Says it all does it not? Mess of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel a little sad, it feels like the end of an era... I felt the same when I knew there would be no more SWOS updates.. a new console a new football game. Konami have astounded me the way they have let a fantastic product stagnate and with the way they have striped it down to the mess it is now, along with the off hand way they are handling the blatant problems.. "we are all taking a well deserved holiday"... If it was my company I'd have them in writing apology letters and emails and cleaning the toilets!
Almost since the first PS2 play, It's been PES and WE, I now find I'm playing FIFA, which I once would have laughed at.. :cry:

Ok, the goalies and the bad ball physics have done me in. Not to mention the unrealistic pathetic running animations.

There is just something not that great quality about this game in terms of gameplay. I am done with it. Sad, I know.

Ok, the goalies and the bad ball physics have done me in. Not to mention the unrealistic pathetic running animations.

There is just something not that great quality about this game in terms of gameplay. I am done with it. Sad, I know.

Add to that the awful collision physics, the dull menus and masterleague and the broken on line service.

But it is deeper than that, there is just something not right about the feeling u get playing.

I love the menus :D I am enjoying the master league!

Defence is hard to master which is great in my opinion, most seem to think it is in the attackers advantage for this game, I also thought it was too easy to attack, but now I have become a better defender, and it is a true art form :D Its class. This is PS2, PS3 I aint played much yet for good reasons.

XBOX Live help line people are soo annoying, they have no idea what they are doing!

I love the menus :D I am enjoying the master league!

Defence is hard to master which is great in my opinion, most seem to think it is in the attackers advantage for this game, I also thought it was too easy to attack, but now I have become a better defender, and it is a true art form :D Its class. This is PS2, PS3 I aint played much yet for good reasons.

XBOX Live help line people are soo annoying, they have no idea what they are doing!

I like the challenging defending as well, but the decisions your defenders make(when you are not controlling them) are baffling.
They tend to bunch up in the middle, leaving plenty of space for wingers, and it doesn't matter how i set them up in the formation screen.

If I am 1-on-1 with an attacker I feel I have a good chance of timing the tackle or blocking space, but sometimes it's already too late by the time I switch to the defender, due to his awful positioning(when the cpu has told him to run in an inappropiate direction).

edit: just realised you are talking about PS2. I'm on PS3.

What sucks big time is when you are online having a great match until your GK smacks the ball to the forwards feet for a tap in. This is unforgivable in my opinion. There is just no way around this. GK's 9 out of 10 times on an angle shot will deflect the ball right back into the box for tap in. It's pathetic really. I hope the 360 version is better by the time it comes out in the US. Until then, I will order the Jap version at the end of the month to see if they are getting a more improved copy.

What sucks big time is when you are online having a great match until your GK smacks the ball to the forwards feet for a tap in. This is unforgivable in my opinion. There is just no way around this. GK's 9 out of 10 times on an angle shot will deflect the ball right back into the box for tap in. It's pathetic really. I hope the 360 version is better by the time it comes out in the US. Until then, I will order the Jap version at the end of the month to see if they are getting a more improved copy.

This happened on PES6 on PS2 all the time, and even more so on WE10, so I'm not too bothered by it as I'm used to it.
But I can see why others are.

I'm deffo getting WE2008 though, I don't care if the improvement is minimal.
A few small problems solved, turn in to one big problem solved for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I downloaded the demo off the store tonight. Had a couple of games.

Jerky as hell, and after playing PES5 this afternoon, its apparent all the little changes have added up to make it a far worse game. It happened with PES6 and its happened again.

Bloody Terrible, really is.

Wow a very long thread...can't say that I have read it all but can I ask if anyone really does think that PES2008 is a good gaming experience? Most of the community reaction that I have seen has been negative and critical and I think it is justfied.

Obviously some people might love or even just like PES2008 and everyone is intitled to a their own view...no matter how strange!

Honestly I am a big PES fan but I was fed up with PES2008 after two days or so...Is anyone going to be playing PES2008 by the end of this week, in light of all the gameplay issues?

Last edited:
PES 2008 GAmespot reviews:

PS3: 6/10
360: 7/10

I think it should be pretty clear by now that the longer people play the game, the lower they score it.

A bunch of people on the Pes6 on line chat were saying they went to pes6 because it is way better and they missed the 2vs2 feature. I guess it is the first pes that might not have that famous 1 year longevity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom