UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 : 6/7 March]

Yes, but 1st kick comes from Valencias Marchena against Burdisso, after that, they is a rumble and the sub from valencia broke the nose from burdisso. i hope UEFA send Valencia & Inter off for next 2 Years. All are talking about hooligans fighting, but players are not better and they will be a idol ?

I would like to know why many people overrate Lyon? They're always promissing every year but they never reach a single semi-final.

About Fred, many people also overrate this guy. I don't see what this guy has so special? Oh my dear Johnny Carew... :roll:

Valencia vs Inter game was shameful! Both deserve a heavy punishment, special Inter and Mr. Materazzi obviously!

What happened tonight at Mestella just confirms my opinion that I have for some years now about most Valencia CF players: they're dirty cunts who shouldn't be allowed to play football, especially not on that level. Two years ago they also did the same two seasons ago when Werder Bremen was there and last season when HSV beat them in the Intertoto Cup final, not at that extent though.

I agree with FCH and hope that they will get a hard punishment and also get banned.

Of course Internazionale deserves it as well and please don't ever let Materazzi play a football game again!

What happened tonight at Mestella just confirms my opinion that I have for some years now about most Valencia CF players: they're dirty cunts who shouldn't be allowed to play football, especially not on that level. Two years ago they also did the same two seasons ago when Werder Bremen was there and last season when HSV beat them in the Intertoto Cup final, not at that extent though.

I agree with FCH and hope that they will get a hard punishment and also get banned.

Of course Internazionale deserves it as well and please don't ever let Materazzi play a football game again!

It was rather amusing though. Let's see what the punishment is. Will UEFA 'bawbag' it as usual and do next to nothing? Probably...

Last edited:

Probably foxtrot...
Once again trouble and once again Inter are involved...
Watched Liverpool - Barcelona: great match.
Qualification is a huge achievement for Liverpool,all they need is a striker with killer instinct....Villa????

Well done Liverpool.

That was some brutality in the Valencia - Inter game. :mrgreen:

Have to think that both English teams will qualify for the next round tonight, meaning 4 teams from England in the last eight (hopefully Celtic can make it 5 British teams \\:o/ :) ). Although there's still some decent teams there, I can see one of the English teams winning it this year.

FD

football lesson at stade de gerland yesterday :applause: the usual roma :8):

by seeing so many people surprised by roma's victory, i understand that still many people don't follow serie a........ and i can understand it, coz it lost a lot of appeal in the last years...... but come on guys... don't u even see the highlights of serie a matches???!!!.... and u call yourself football lovers??!!!..... even if u miss roma matches??? fiorentina matches??? Palermo matches??? Empoli matches??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

btw, here in italy people were quite confident about roma chances (sure more than inter...). And this not coz we underestimate lyon (not at all); the point is that when roma plays with all his key players in good shape (mancini, taddei, perrotta and de rossi), there's just no chance for anybody.... anybody... Their problem is that is hard to keep all theese 4 players in good shape. And even when just 1 of them miss, then roma change; they haven't tall striker, so they have always to play football (ball down on the ground, not long passes). so when they're in good shape they can beat anybody...... when they aren't, they can loose with anybody.:)

I would like to know why many people overrate Lyon? They're always promissing every year but they never reach a single semi-final.

come on mate, this is mean... and wrong. u can't judge a team just by 2 matches (last year against milan, this year against roma). Champion's league actually isn't a "league", is still a cup. so it may happen that the best team go out at the first round (i'm not saying that Lyon is the best team in europe, but they're for sure one of the 10 strongest formations, and they proably played the most beautiful football in the last 3 years - roma's football is even more beautiful, but roma isn't consistant like lyon -)
theese are cup's rules, and theese rules make cups so fascinating, imo. Champions league doesn't have to tell u wich is the strongest team in europe... just look at Liverpool; a couple of years ago they won a final, by playing just ten minutes of good football (hope liverpool fans won't get offended, but we can't deny that milan dominated them :) ) Does this mean that liverpool was the best team that year? not. Does this mean that liverpool didn't deserve the cup? absolutely not, they deserved it more than anybody :applause:
this is what football is about.... and cups rules perfectly reflect the spirit of football; there's not one absolute best team. There are 8, 9, 10 team in europe that are almost on the same level.... all of them can win the big ears cup..... and Lyon is for sure among "theese allowed few".

roma played a very good match yesterday. it wasn't their best match, btw.... they can do even better, and they actually did this year...... let me make a "serie a advertise"; follow serie a guys! we've got 5 great leagues in europe, and they're all beautiful, from different point of views :)

Fred is useless. Lyon needs a real striker, a "Morientes" for example.
i don't think he's useless, mate. Maybe is a little overrated (but just a little) but he's a nice striker. Anyway i still prefer Nilmar (he'll be back in Lyon next year, am i right?). Moreover they got Benzema too.... this guy will be a crack in a couple of years, imo

...... btw fred's elbows were on fire yesterday...:lol:

i fell for lyon, for lyon supporters, and for Houllier..... but i'm so happy for Aulas, that pig! :mrgreen:

mancini goal..... really nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKeh-34fQeA
i'm still waiting for somebody to upload on utube taddei's aurelio trick...... pure class.

edit: highlights......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Phx4XHihAw
there was no fouls on de rossi's goal, it was valid :( ....
and perrotta clearely wasn't offside :(
.... but i still can't find taddei's aurelio :(

I can't talk about Valencia - Inter, as i didn't see the match, but i expected this result (as i expected roma to win). Quique Flores is a good coach..... Valencia is not a "good looking team", but they're tactically well prepared.
about the disorders, it's a shame, that's for sure. but i can understand inter players reaction (i said "understand", not "justify").... Javi Navarro is a coward cunt.:(

tonight i'll see liverpool- barça (if my girlfriend will allow me :mrgreen: ).... they told me it was a great match.

Last edited:

Nilmar will need another surgery in his knee... i think he'll stay in brazil. Two years, two knees surgery, that's really bad news for a quite young guy.

Celtic fan dies in Milan accident

A Celtic fan has died after a collision with a taxi ahead of the team's Champions League clash in Milan.

The British Consulate General said the supporter was crossing the Via Santa Sofia when the accident happened at 2330 local time on Tuesday.
British consular officials confirmed that the man was 36 and from Glasgow. Next of kin have been informed.

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper said the man died at Niguarda Hospital.
Thousands of supporters of the Scottish club have descended on the city to watch Celtic play AC Milan at the San Siro in the second leg of their Champions League tie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6426345.stm

Sad to hear. RIP

fred should have been sent off ,cris too
where was juninho Yesterday??:lmao: :lmao: did he lost the way of the stadium??:lol: :lol:

football lesson at stade de gerland yesterday :applause: the usual roma :8):

by seeing so many people surprised by roma's victory, i understand that still many people don't follow serie a........ and i can understand it, coz it lost a lot of appeal in the last years...... but come on guys... don't u even see the highlights of serie a matches???!!!.... and u call yourself football lovers??!!!..... even if u miss roma matches??? fiorentina matches??? Palermo matches??? Empoli matches??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

btw, here in italy people were quite confident about roma chances (sure more than inter...). And this not coz we underestimate lyon (not at all); the point is that when roma plays with all his key players in good shape (mancini, taddei, perrotta and de rossi), there's just no chance for anybody.... anybody... Their problem is that is hard to keep all theese 4 players in good shape. And even when just 1 of them miss, then roma change; they haven't tall striker, so they have always to play football (ball down on the ground, not long passes). so when they're in good shape they can beat anybody...... when they aren't, they can loose with anybody.:)
personnally I was thinking roma will win :mrgreen:
mancini's goal is just great :applause:

Last edited:

The run of Navarro in Valencia vs Inter was just priceless! Just can laugh about it :lmao::lol:

Nilmar will need another surgery in his knee...

AGAIN!:shock: damn it... this guy is really unlucky.

:( :( :( rip.

fred should have been sent off ,cris too
true.
btw i guess u're not a lyon supporter.... aren't u? :mrgreen: :D

personnally I was thinking roma will win
;)

The run of Navarro in Valencia vs Inter was just priceless! Just can laugh about it
absolutely true :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:..... just look at his face while he's running..... :lol: . anyway he still remains an idiot.

The run of Navarro in Valencia vs Inter was just priceless! Just can laugh about it :lmao::lol:

I know the brawl was bad and all, but Navarro's hit & run was pure comedy gold...
I bet he ran all the way out of the stadium got in a cab and fucked off home :lol:

I haven't seen the incident in Valencia, but if it's really that bad as people here describe it, then both clubs and the players should be very severely punished.
Call me old fashioned but football clubs and players are supposed to be role models...how do you expect the fans to behave (Catania-Palermo anyone???) if even the clubs and the stars don't behave...
That's also the reason why i think Craig Bellamy should be fined by UEFA for his "celebration" after his goal in Barcelona (and by the way, i really like the player Bellamy, he is one of my favourites, but the human being Bellamy is not fit to be a role modelo and so should get banned from top class football).

_42650681_nose_ap.jpg

POW!

_42650807_navarrorun_ap.jpg

_42650969_zi_ap.jpg

That's also the reason why i think Craig Bellamy should be fined by UEFA for his "celebration" after his goal in Barcelona

Eh?! Doing a golfclub impression after the media blows an argument out of proportion? That was briljant. Still think he's a twat though.

Seen the brawl on youtube, it was so funny watching "borat" run. Run borat run! :lol:

Uefa wont do much, fine and ban a few players and a financial fine to the clubs, wont get thrown out though. And tbh i dont think its needed. Just some guys pushing and shoving for the most part. prefer to see them have some passion when losing a match then what you see sometimes, when they are laughing with each other at the end of the game like theyre best mates and they dont really care about the result.

A Celtic fan has died after a collision with a taxi ahead of the team's Champions League clash in Milan.

The British Consulate General said the supporter was crossing the Via Santa Sofia when the accident happened at 2330 local time on Tuesday.
British consular officials confirmed that the man was 36 and from Glasgow. Next of kin have been informed.

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper said the man died at Niguarda Hospital.
Thousands of supporters of the Scottish club have descended on the city to watch Celtic play AC Milan at the San Siro in the second leg of their Champions League tie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6426345.stm

Sad to hear. RIP

One of our staff members called in to say she wouldn't be in today, because her son had just been killed in Milan. :(

FD

One of our staff members called in to say she wouldn't be in today, because her son had just been killed in Milan. :(

FD

do u mean Celtic staff?
do u have any news?.... here in italy they say that last night a scottish felt asleep in the middle of the road (maybe drunk?) and a taxi litterally went "over him" :(
btw theese are just rumors.... still no official news.... do u know anything more? :(

prefer to see them have some passion when losing a match then what you see sometimes, when they are laughing with each other at the end of the game like theyre best mates and they dont really care about the result.

i see your point mate...... but this is not "passion" this is just brutality.

u can expect (but still not justify) theese kind of reaction from a player of a losing team... u're tired, full of adrenaline, nervous, so u can loose your coolness..... but that idiot, wasn't even playing, no tired, no adrenaline, no frustration for the loss (coz he won), he wasn't even on the field... i really can't understand his reaction...

btw, i read a couple of u guys blaming materazzi.... why? did he do anything?.... i didn't see the whole match, but looking at the highlights, it seems that he didn't anything....
actually i saw him shaking opponents players hands at the end of the match.

Last edited:

Hi,

I think it's been a case of mistaken identity as far as 'Matrix' is concerned.

I initially thought he'd gone steaming into the Valencia dressing room (followed unsuccesfully be Figo & Cambiasso). Turns out it was Toldo.

db

Hi,

I think it's been a case of mistaken identity as far as 'Matrix' is concerned.

I initially thought he'd gone steaming into the Valencia dressing room (followed unsuccesfully be Figo & Cambiasso). Turns out it was Toldo.

db

i see :)
i heard about toldo and cambiasso too:)

but that idiot, wasn't even playing, no tired, no adrenaline, no frustration for the loss (coz he won), he wasn't even on the field... i really can't understand his reaction...

yeah your right about "borat", that was a cheap shot and totally out of order.

Read a funny comment earlier on 365:
"...Amazing, shocking and bizarre scenes at the Mestalla last night.

Who'd have thought a player can run clear of the opposition in Europe taking two lunges in his stride without rolling around on the ground holding his leg like a big tart?

What a man David Navarro is. "

bayern in front after _10_ seconds :o

lol, quickest goal ever and Madrid have the kick off
uglylaugh.gif

Once again a mistake by Roberto Carlos, one of the most over-rated players the last decade IMHO

Back
Top Bottom