UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 : 6/7 March]

And United through :mrgreen:

Celtic vs Milan now!!!!!!

Everybody's watching now the match they were caring the less... :mrgreen:

Loving Arsenal is like being married to an unfaithful wife...the heartache and yet I can`t love any other..:cry:

saw Milan - celtic last night..... the most boring game i saw in all this champions league :(
It's so sad to see milan playing like yesterday. no off the ball movements, no cuts inside, no great openings.... no ideas...... everybody claiming the ball on his foot, and everybody waiting too much with the ball on their foot before to pass.

since yesterday i thought pirlo was having a bad year. but now i'm realizing that is not pirlo the problem. if no one of his team mates tries to run away from the opponents coverage with some off the ball movements, then there's nothing to do for pirlo.

lucky they have Kakà :)

Read a funny comment earlier on 365:
"...Amazing, shocking and bizarre scenes at the Mestalla last night.

Who'd have thought a player can run clear of the opposition in Europe taking two lunges in his stride without rolling around on the ground holding his leg like a big tart?

What a man David Navarro is. "

:lol: funny :)

lozio ... Kaka is like a brand new ferrari... boy is he quick and composed!!!

Alain - yeah i think psv going through will provide the shock element on friday, they are clearly the one everyone will want.. but who knows how far they will go?

the old step over Denilson must be thinking : navarro welcome to the "everyone get him club"

julio cruz stick to scoring goals, tackling ability = 0!!!

lozio ... Kaka is like a brand new ferrari... boy is he quick and composed!!!

true. he's really awesome :)

julio cruz stick to scoring goals, tackling ability = 0!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
that's true too!

I'm not so sure that PSV is the dream opponent for all the other teams.
PSV are by far the most clever team of the tournamnet...as a matter of fact, they are capable of winning the CL, defensively they are fantastic and an attack with Farfan and Kone is very good too..
And please allow me to be chauvinistic: with Timmy Simons they have one of the biggest unsung heroes of football.

Inter Milan goalkeeper Francesco Toldo has lifted the lid on their amazing ruck with Valencia's players on Tuesday night.
"Carlos Marchena was making fun of Nicolas Burdisso in Spanish," he told Viva Radio 2.

"Unfortunately for him, we have 15 Spanish speaking players and he picked the wrong one. Burdisso is an instinctive guy and reacted against everyone."

The situation degenerated into one of the worst brawls seen in Champions League history when Valencia's David Navarro came off the bench and threw a punch, breaking Burdisso's nose.

"I was holding Burdisso and taking him to one side," explained Toldo. "The trouble is some idiot by the name of Navarro came up behind us from the left. Nobody expected him to throw a punch, but he aimed it directly and Nicolas' nose went in the other direction.

"I felt him suddenly go limp like a sack of potatoes, as he was losing consciousness. At that point, we snapped and all chased after this disgraceful coward who ran away.

"Cordoba managed to get a kick to him, but he was wearing his shin pads. He managed to get into the locker room and that's where the hunt for Navarro continued."

Television footage from the players' tunnel showed chaotic scenes as Esteban Cambiasso - in white shirt and dark trousers as he was out injured - and Luis Figo tried to push past security officers to reach the Valencia locker room.

Toldo, dressed in an all-black tracksuit, managed to sneak in behind the guards. But what happened once the goalkeeper got in there?

"The police were there, there was more traffic than in the centre of Milan at rush hour. I ran in and didn't look anyone in the face, so they did not think to stop me," he explained.

"There were 10 steps before you could get into the area where the Valencia players were, so the police managed to block me and I didn't move from there. I wasn't even entirely sure who I was looking for at that stage, so I was in the dark."

Not sure about psv gerd, they have looked ordinary so far, and had arsenal taken a chance(home and away) psv would be out. Liverpool played them in the group stages and had a boring 0-0 in eindhoven (fair result imo) and beat them comfortably 2-0 at anfield. Under hiddink they played good football and deserved to be in the final in 2005, however under koeman they are defensive in europe and in farfan and kone dont have top players to take chances imo.

Timmy Simons is superb Gerd, no-one notices him, but he is a worldclass DMF.

Cool for PSV they got through, they rode their luck at times, but Arsenal couldn't finish the chances they got, and thats what it's all about.

I hope Milan get Bayern, wish Inter was still in so we could play them. Would love to beat those two. Enjoyed the 4-1 thrashing of Bayern last season.

talking about milan's match, i forgot to mention Paolo Maldini, who played a wonderful match yesterday. side back, cb, middlefield... he played almost everywhere yesterday.... always perfect :applause: :applause:

...... and if u think that he was also injured.... :applause: :applause: :applause:

He did make an obvious handball though ;).

true, and he missed venegoor once..... but as i said before, he wasn't supposed to play. i heard he will need a surgery (knees)....

..... he's just 39, btw :mrgreen: :D

Last edited:

""Carlos Marchena was making fun of Nicolas Burdisso in Spanish," he told Viva Radio 2."

That's hilarious! Who gives a fuck what your opponent says to you (hello, Zidane)? I remember the things I used to say to the players I played against. Footballers these days...so sensitive.

AC Milan - Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven - FC Liverpool
AS Roma - Manchester United
Chelsea FC - Valencia CF

Right ill start off with a who goes through:

Bayern
Liverpool
Roma
Valencia (god i hope so, as liverpool play the winners from this tie, if they beat PSV)

And if they are the teams that go through it will be a pretty defensive end to the competition (dont know about roma, are they a defensive team? Being italian i would presume so)

Bayern
Liverpool
Roma
Valencia (god i hope so, as liverpool play the winners from this tie, if they beat PSV)

And if they are the teams that go through it will be a pretty defensive end to the competition (dont know about roma, are they a defensive team? Being italian i would presume so)

:lmao: no epl teams?

Bayern, Chelsea, Man utd, PsV

will Carlos Marchena and David Navarro be suspended for Chelsea Clash?

Last edited:

the 4 brasilians scored critical goals in the second leg this week, Mancini,Kaka,Lucio,Alex, to see there teams go through.

Bayern
Liverpool
Roma

Bayern defensive team??I presume you don't watch the Bundesliga;) the only teams defensive there are Valencia and liverpool

good chances for bayern to surive the round

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 Quarter Finals : Draw

Bayern defensive team??I presume you don't watch the Bundesliga

Thats what my assumption was, although its been awhile since ive seen them play.

.....dont know about roma, are they a defensive team? Being italian i would presume so....

actually they're one of the most offensive teams in europe. sure they're the most offensive between the teams left in champions league :)

I can see it either going terribly wrong for Roma or extremely well for Roma. They seem to be up and down for big games.

Now the Bayern game was exactly what I wanted. I think we can take them. I might be going to San Siro for that game as well, so hopefully Milan's confidence will remain high after last round, and injuries will not be as much as a problem. Kaladze and Nesta will hopefully return, giving us a bit more solidarity. Kaka also seems to be returning to form!

I can see it either going terribly wrong for Roma or extremely well for Roma. They seem to be up and down for big games.

true ;)

what do u think about milan - bayern? :)

Back
Top Bottom