UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 : 20/21 Feb.]

but would lille do the same? Wait for them to be set? Ok so say a man gets taken down at midfield on the counter attack, should his team wait until all of there opponents have gotten back and found there men and ready before they take the kick? A quick kick is legal, unless someone can show me where in the FIFA rule book it is not.

Lol, no offcourse not. But this wasnt really a quick freekick like that, because they waited for Lille to start organizing the wall, and then took the freekick before they were finished. If they had taking it immediately after the foul, that would be ok. imho.

PSV's win was good, Arsenal were out of ideas in the second half, very good tactics by Koeman in this game :)

Hand on heart, that's the biggest pile of gash I've read on here for a very long time. I had fears about this young guy going into the game, but him and McManus where immense. Don't know what game you where watching, well I do, 2 on the go, which obviously affected your eyes. :roll:

Game wasn't too great, but I expected it. Good result though considering.

As for the Man U goal, I don't blame Giggs or Man U, but that needs sorted, if the ref has to blow the whistle for a penalty, the same should apply for a free-kick.

FD

Hands on my heart I still think this was the case from what I saw.

Most of the first half I watched the Celtic game then most of the second I watched the Lille game. More so on what I seen of him in the first half he made a lot of stupid errors, helped Celtic's cause no end.

If your trying to argue the fact that Celtic's defence was supreme last night then that's the biggest pile of anything you would have said in ages. All your defence were good for were passing it around in a circle then clearing it up the field, repeat tactics till 90 mins are up.

Maybe my comments were a bit harsh but I don't rate the boy one bit, well as much as I rate the chance of McGeady actually making the grade and becoming a world class player. That boy knows how to find a corner on a football pitch and get lost for a game. :lmao: :lmao:

The score line was not a bad result though I don't think it was a great result. You have the fear factor of nicking a goal for them to have to score twice but on last nights performance I doubt you will get many chances.

Lol, no offcourse not. But this wasnt really a quick freekick like that, because they waited for Lille to start organizing the wall, and then took the freekick before they were finished. If they had taking it immediately after the foul, that would be ok. imho.

PSV's win was good, Arsenal were out of ideas in the second half, very good tactics by Koeman in this game :)

"wasnt really a quick freekick like that"

How do you differentiate? In the rule book is there distinction between a quick kick from the half point line and one closer to the goal area? Is there a set time limit when it no longer becomes a quick kick and you must wait for your opponents to be set? No there isn't, not to my knowledge. So I dont know how you can claim the goal shouldn't be allowed.

I meant that i think that is how the rule should be, because i feel this way its unfair. This one counts obviously, that to mr. Braamhaar (god he's such a crap ref...)

most refs in world football are crap anyway. too scared at upsetting the big opposition than to ref fairly.

Lille v ManU

It's funny, it's like some of you guys have never played a competitve game before. From the time you're 8 years old, you are taught to ask the ref for a whistle in that kind of situation. If one of the Lille players had done what they should ALWAYS do, then the ref would have disallowed the goal (and perhaps even booked Giggs). To say there should be no quick free kicks is idiotic, when there is a simple way to prevent them, "Ref, can I get a whistle?" Yeah, that's fucking hard to remember.

Lille v ManU

It's funny, it's like some of you guys have never played a competitve game before. From the time you're 8 years old, you are taught to ask the ref for a whistle in that kind of situation. If one of the Lille players had done what they should ALWAYS do, then the ref would have disallowed the goal (and perhaps even booked Giggs). To say there should be no quick free kicks is idiotic, when there is a simple way to prevent them, "Ref, can I get a whistle?" Yeah, that's fucking hard to remember.

Spot on, it was an amature mistake from Lille that caused them to lose a goal in a situation theat the players should have delt with.

A lack of leaders and organisation cause these problems.

What a match between Porto and Chelsea. Both goals were great and it has been a nice match overall.

Let's go Porto... :p

OMG Lizandro Lopez is so fucking awful...

What a shame!

Great result for Liverpool, held on well after a fwe spells of minimal possesion. Barca have it al to do, the only English club who are in trouble after the first legs are Arsenal. They are capapble of making a come back though they will need to break down PSV where they couldnt lastnight.

Last edited:

OMG Lizandro Lopez is so fucking awful...

What a shame!

Ricardo Quaresma is now my fave player to watch, boy does he have raw dribbling skills....

i think he needs to get a proper team to bring him through his final stages of development......

loved the flip flap on lasana and the nutmeg on obi..... did you guys see Roman's reaction to his outfoot curler..... :lmao:

Still think your full of mince, I've not read or heard anyone agree with what you've said. :mrgreen:

Do agree though with you about Arsenal, they are so poor up front that it's frightening. It is getting a bit boring hearing them on the radio and tv rattling on about how dominant they where, but it happens too much and there is clearly a problem.

Barca look really poor, from what I've saw in La Liga they are not the same team they where for the past few years, without Eto'o there's a huge void (although he's being an arse) and I still can't understand the Gudjohnsen buy, he's just not good enough for them.

FD

barcelonelu18v.jpg

barcelonelu18w.jpg

What a great celebration that was. :mrgreen:

Ricardo Quaresma is now my fave player to watch, boy does he have raw dribbling skills....

i think he needs to get a proper team to bring him through his final stages of development......

loved the flip flap on lasana and the nutmeg on obi..... did you guys see Roman's reaction to his outfoot curler..... :lmao:

Quaresma has the potential to be a world beater, I personally rate him higher than Ronaldo. I really hope he comes to the Premiership next season, preferably Liverpool. :mrgreen:

Really good result for liverpool, was espicially good due to the tactics barca resulted to. Don't know if it's how they always play but everytime i see them (which is during the champions league) any sort of threat from an opposition and they start falling over there own legs, it's terrible to watch, refs partly to blame for falling for it. Just a real shame to see a team with so much skill play so god damn dirty, seen it time and again when they play chelsea.

Still think your full of mince, I've not read or heard anyone agree with what you've said. :mrgreen:

Do agree though with you about Arsenal, they are so poor up front that it's frightening. It is getting a bit boring hearing them on the radio and tv rattling on about how dominant they where, but it happens too much and there is clearly a problem.

Barca look really poor, from what I've saw in La Liga they are not the same team they where for the past few years, without Eto'o there's a huge void (although he's being an arse) and I still can't understand the Gudjohnsen buy, he's just not good enough for them.

FD

FD questions my comments and has spoken for everyone one else, or is that has spoken as no one else has?Shit Ill retract them for everything they arn't worth. Sorry big man Ill take a step back now. ;)

The ref was terrible in the Liverpool game.

Anytime a Liverpool player actually brushed up against a Barca player, the whistle went. European football can be VERY tedious at times.

Refreshing too see Deco up to his old tricks too. Not.

You didn't seen in action the true Quaresma, he can do much more than that! Give him time and a proper club. He can be 1000 times better than C. Ronaldo just has a lack of speed but when he really dribbles... oh boy you can expect magic and humilliantion. About the outfooted kicks, well... he does it all the time, just search for videos about Quaresma, you'll see many perfect crosses', shots and goals requiring that ability. ;)

Ricardo Quaresma: "The Gipsy Mustang"

yeah Quaresma is amazing:applause: just he should learn not to give up so easily :( 4 or 5 times yesterday he gave up calling the ref for a foul

can celtic spring out an upset?! 1-1?
teams that will go through:
lyon,psv,manutd,chelsea,valencia,barca,bayern,celtic,

i got a feeling barca liverpool...will go into extra time..

You didn't seen in action the true Quaresma, he can do much more than that! Give him time and a proper club. He can be 1000 times better than C. Ronaldo just has a lack of speed but when he really dribbles... oh boy you can expect magic and humilliantion. About the outfooted kicks, well... he does it all the time, just search for videos about Quaresma, you'll see many perfect crosses', shots and goals requiring that ability. ;)

Ricardo Quaresma: "The Gipsy Mustang"

a 1000 times better the ronaldo? how come he sucked at barca?
Ronaldo has transformend his game of taking players one on one and beating oppoenents to the EPL, something not many players can say they have done... either they get hurt, frustrated, or just arent good enough... what ronaldo has done this year has been short of maradonna esque(in italy, another rough league). Im not doubting quaresma, but 1000 times better...

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 : 6/7 March]

Believe me, he's better than C. Ronaldo they played in the same team in season 2001-2002 at Sporting. Quaresma was always better, Barcelona did shit with him and many others such Riquelme, Saviola, Simão, Rustu, Davids etc.

Lyon 0 - 2 Roma

no match, Lyon under real level and Roma play like CL winner...
great Doni, Mexes, Pizarro, Totti, Mancini

Fred is useless. Lyon needs a real striker, a "Morientes" for example.

Congrats Roma. Very strong and fast. Love this team and how they counter attack.

I think this season is the last of the Lyon we all know. End of cycle.

Last edited:

What in the fuck went on at the end of the Valencia Vs Inter game?! Makes the incident at the Millenium Stadium the other weekend look like fuck all

Unlucky Helton 2 - 1 Porto

Still, I'm proud of Porto. They deserved better, they were better than Chelsea on the first leg and should have won it; tonight Chelsea was lucky as well, the first goal was a gift from Helton and so was the second regarding the slow pace the defenders of Porto were playing at.

Nonetheless, Porto showed some good football and once again showed that the portuguese football has value.

About the other matches, none would ever thought Barcelona and Lyon wouldn't go through this phase. Let's see if tomorrow there aren't more surprises or if this year's CL is going to be kind of a UEFA Cup of the last seasons, since most clubs would rather fit there than into this competition.

Suprised to see the Lyon result.

Liverpool need to sort their finishing out if we are to make it 6 EC's

Back
Top Bottom