UEFA Champions League '06 - '07 Final: Liverpool - AC Milan

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 - Draw]

It's a good draw for Celtic, although we don't know what position they'll be in come February/March.

FD

I've always said that was the case anyway.

Personally I think Arsene Wenger does the draw via remote control. :mrgreen:

FD

These will be realy tight matches.. Tha enjoyment of tha Champions League starts now !!!

Re: UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 [Last 16 : 20/21 Feb.]

Should be interesting games, tbh I think the English teams couldn't have hand picked games any better so I can't see many failings there with the exception of Barca and Liverpool where I think Barca will be too strong.

My team Celtic face off against Milan and it should be interesting. I can see us winning 1-0, but I think there maybe a bore 0-0 in there too as I could see Milan strangling the game and playing it out without too much problem. Milan seem to be in a bit of bother up front and with Nesta missing, however Celtic who aren't as strong a squad have even greater worries with only 2 centre halfs available due to ineligibility and injury and also with no fit strikers whatsoever and seems they may have only Miller and Hesselink who are carrying knocks that will make it.

FD

Looking foward to watch Porto vs Chelsea...

:)

Im not sure which game to watch tonight, Lille vs Man U or Celtic vs AC Milan.

I think the Lille vs Man U game should be a better game on the eye but the game at Parkhead could have more excitement. Celtic know if they have anychance to go through they need to get the right result tonight. Going to the San Siro needing to win a game is far from easy to do.

I dont think the lack of Attack from Milan will be than much of a problem. They have such a strong midfield and most of the players in the middle can score goals. Celtic have Naka Milan have Pirlo so thier is a good chance of a freekick ending up in the back of the net. I do think this is tie could go either way but I would put my money on 1-1.

i've got the same doubt, Cloud :) both of them will be exciting matches, imo.

it won't be easy for milan imo; celtic are "die hard" on their turf, while milan has some "conditioning" problems. their key players are in bad shape at the moment (pirlo is unrecognizable, kaka is trying to regain his pace after his injury, seedorf is not doing well, nesta is still out.....). gila will be the man, imo; he has to show that he deserve his place in the starting formation (after ronaldo arrival) and i think he will do a hell of a match.
it would be nice to see inzaghi too (as he is perfect for this kind of matches)..... but i think we won't see him (gila- oliveira..... or just gila, with kaka and seedorf behind him).

man utd - lille could be a nice match too. red devils are on fire theese days (with inter they're probably the strongest team in europe, at the moment), but lille has a lot of very good (and underestimated players) and a GREAT COACH. moreover they will still be mad for their defeat against lyon, last week.
and , most important, lille will play with no pressure, as they have nothing to lose, at this point

Very true about Celtic away from home in the CL they are auwful though at home they have an almost perfect record. Tbh this doesnt really give them any real loss or gain. They can do the work at home tonight but throw it all away in the next leg.

Man U for me have consistanly been one of the greatest teams to watch in Europe for the best part of a decade. They will still have a hard time against Lille though you would bet on them going through.

Lille didn't deserve this result. But it's not over : Revenge !

Well I mixed it up between the Lille and Celtic games in the end up. Very disappointed with both, I have not seen Celtic as negative as that in ages. I was right about the result though not about the fact that no goals would be scored. I do not know how Milan never scored tonight, O'Dea looked like an armature at certain points though he wasn't the only player.

Celtic are all but out now IMO, a goal for Milan would have sealed it but the fact the can go to the San Siro and get a 1-1 then go through will give them hope.

Man U were a bit lucky to have a goal disallowed, it was easy to see why however. Henry in disguise for United. :D I Think it was clever, would hate to lose a goal like that, not for the way it was scored but the way it was defended. School boy stuff, stick a man over the ball, contest the decision with he ball in hand etc....

I'm about to watch the highlights of the other two games I gather that Arsenal were poor and Beckham was great???

Lille should be kicked from the tournament, fucking disgrace throwing stuff at the players and acting like 2 year olds and walking off, i think they will be kicked out, scum

I think something has to be done about the quick free kick situation.

It's a fair goal for Man United, but it is unfair on Lille, Giggs talks to the referee, so Giggs knows it's being taken quick, Who tells the Lille team it's being taken quickly.

There either has to be a rule to say, Referee must blow whistle to indicate the ball is able to be played, or just not allow quick free kicks.

Surely it is only fair that Lille get to say they are ready aswell.

Then a stupid member of the Coaching Staff tells them to come off, the players run over to see what he's saying then it looks like the players are going off the field, when they are really just going to see what he is saying, the players didn't know what was going on, they didn't want to come off.

So now Lille get a bad name as some kind of trouble makers, when they're not, just one stupid man.

Then before all that the Lille goal should have stood, Vidic is a massive man, Odemwingie challenged in a legal way and Vidic went down like a sack of spuds, should have been given imo.

Still a chance in the second leg with Kader Keita back

Lille should be kicked from the tournament, fucking disgrace throwing stuff at the players and acting like 2 year olds and walking off, i think they will be kicked out, scum

What a load of rubbish, the Lille players didn't throw stuff at Man United player, it was disgruntled fans, if AC Milan can play in the CL after match fixing and dodgy Transfers then Lille would be so hard done by to get kicked out.

The Lille players in no way wanted to come off the pitch, Captain Tafforeau was at the side talking to the Trainer, the players just stood on the pitch, they are honest professionals and never thought about leaving the pitch.

Why not open your eyes first before talking alot of rubbish

Good defensive display from psv at home, with kone the only outlet. Arsenal can't complain, had the chances in the first half to put it away, but second half were SHITE.

I don't expect Arsenal to get away with a win at the Emirates in 2 weeks, as i expect PSV to do the same, and sit deep, and we will do our same pass the ball back and forward, and Henry standing around with his hands on his hips.

I think something has to be done about the quick free kick situation.

It's a fair goal for Man United, but it is unfair on Lille, Giggs talks to the referee, so Giggs knows it's being taken quick, Who tells the Lille team it's being taken quickly.

There either has to be a rule to say, Referee must blow whistle to indicate the ball is able to be played, or just not allow quick free kicks.

Surely it is only fair that Lille get to say they are ready aswell.

Then a stupid member of the Coaching Staff tells them to come off, the players run over to see what he's saying then it looks like the players are going off the field, when they are really just going to see what he is saying, the players didn't know what was going on, they didn't want to come off.

So now Lille get a bad name as some kind of trouble makers, when they're not, just one stupid man.

Then before all that the Lille goal should have stood, Vidic is a massive man, Odemwingie challenged in a legal way and Vidic went down like a sack of spuds, should have been given imo.

Still a chance in the second leg with Kader Keita back

I cant agree with you on the point of quick free quick though I can agree it is harsh to lose a goal in this way.

If you stop it in a goal scoring position, then you have to stop it in the middle of the park. This would ruin the great flow to a game. This type of goal is lost when a team switch off. If the whistle is blown or not you should be concentrating, basic football IMO. I don't see why their should be a big debate about this, Henry and other players have scored goals like this for long enough. Just because a team spit the dummy out we should look into the laws of the game?

I for one think nothing less of the Lille team though the member of staff should be in for a heavy fine, the fans however have let emotion get the better of them. You just cant do this in football, maybe most of the things thrown at Neville were paper or cardboard but it takes one fool to throw a coin or a phone or something worse and you end up with a serious injury.

Last edited:

Why not open your eyes first before talking alot of rubbish
One simple word. "Bias" :8):

Not everybody can be unbiased and honest after all and not get all emotional and irrational when their fav team is involved. ;)

If life was like that.... you wouldn't need a Mastercard. :mrgreen: :lol:

If you stop it in a goal scoring position, then you have to stop it in the middle of the park. This would ruin the great flow to a game. This type of goal is lost when a team switch off. If the whistle is blown or not you should be concentrating, basic football IMO. I don't see why their should be a big debate about this, Henry and other players have scored goals like this for long enough. Just because a team spit the dummy out we should look into the laws of the game?

My point is Sylva was concentrating he was arranging his wall, which he was meant to be doing at that moment it's unfair that he should get beaten in such away when he's doing what he should be doing at that moment.

I think it's a very grey area that should be addressed, in no way am i saying the goal shouldn't stand.

I for one think nothing less of the Lyon team though the member of staff should be in for a heavy fine, the fans however have let emotion get the better of them. You just cant do this in football, maybe most of the things thrown at Neville were paper or cardboard but it takes one fool to throw a coin or a phone or something worse and you end up with a serious injury.

I can't condone the fans reactions, even though it is Gary Neville, unlike in England i don't think this type of incident has happened in France, everyone who watches the premiership knows of Henry doing it twice, so the Lille fans could have been very confused, not knowing why it could happen, the they don't have the benefit of hearing commentators talking about it, and they had just scored, and wouldn't have seen why it was disallowed which was minimal.

So I can understand why they got mad, but throwing stuff is wrong

Here's the goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypvt8N9NfuI

Looking at the goal, i think it shouldnt be allowed.

Yes u can take a quick freekick, but when the opposition is busy organising the wall, u should wait untill they are done. Or atleast the referee should before whisteling for play to resume.

I have nothing versus Man Utd players, but just 5 seconds before the freekick, Paul Scholes ask to the referee about the Lille wall distance, so i don't understand why the referee accept the quick play...

Lille vs Man United game was a disgrace! Both teams attended like idiots... :roll:

Here's the goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypvt8N9NfuI

Looking at the goal, i think it shouldnt be allowed.

Yes u can take a quick freekick, but when the opposition is busy organising the wall, u should wait untill they are done. Or atleast the referee should before whisteling for play to resume.

but would lille do the same? Wait for them to be set? Ok so say a man gets taken down at midfield on the counter attack, should his team wait until all of there opponents have gotten back and found there men and ready before they take the kick? A quick kick is legal, unless someone can show me where in the FIFA rule book it is not.

Yesterday's games were a bit on the boring side......

PSV fans ... where the hell is Kluivert? is he coming to england for the return leg....

Yesterday matches was not bad. I'm very surprised with Real-Bayern match and I think Bayern can win at home. ManU-Lille, very strange goal, but anyway Manchester should win the match. Arsenal'll win at home and the Gunners will play in quarterfinal. Celtic-Milan was in my opinion bore. I think Milan will win.
Today will win:Barcelona, Inter, Lyon. I think in Portugal will be a draw.

O'Dea looked like an armature at certain points though he wasn't the only player.

Hand on heart, that's the biggest pile of gash I've read on here for a very long time. I had fears about this young guy going into the game, but him and McManus where immense. Don't know what game you where watching, well I do, 2 on the go, which obviously affected your eyes. :roll:

Game wasn't too great, but I expected it. Good result though considering.

As for the Man U goal, I don't blame Giggs or Man U, but that needs sorted, if the ref has to blow the whistle for a penalty, the same should apply for a free-kick.

FD

Back
Top Bottom