The TV Show Thread

Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer", really compelling series.

Compelling yes, but so one sided if you look at things objectively and consider the facts they left and did not show. Steven Avery is no angel. IMO, the series is an advocacy piece. Two filmmakers advocating on someone's behalf.

Compelling yes, but so one sided if you look at things objectively and consider the facts they left and did not show. Steven Avery is no angel. IMO, the series is an advocacy piece. Two filmmakers advocating on someone's behalf.

We've only got one episode left to watch but from what I've seen it's not too biased towards Avery. I've been told that some bits from the prosecution were missed out but they wouldn't have made such a big difference anyway.

But there is a RIDICULOUS amount of issues with the whole thing, an awful lot coming down to a lack of DNA in general.

Great series though. We've got "The Jinx" to watch next.

The Jinx makes Making a Murderer look like total turd IMO (and I really like the show).

One of the best bits of TV I've ever seen in my life. Let us know what you think!

We've only got one episode left to watch but from what I've seen it's not too biased towards Avery. I've been told that some bits from the prosecution were missed out but they wouldn't have made such a big difference anyway.

But there is a RIDICULOUS amount of issues with the whole thing, an awful lot coming down to a lack of DNA in general.

Yup. A lot of wishy washy stuff that leaves you shaking your head. Len Chasinsky or whatever his name is has one of the most punch-able faces I've ever seen. He needs a good smack

Is the Jinx just a complete court room drama?

Thought Making a Murderer was pretty good and intriguing until the court case started and the pace of the show slowed down and the last 4 episodes became a massive drag.

Last edited:
Is the Jinx just a complete court room drama?

Thought Making a Murderer was pretty good and intriguing until the court case started and the pace of the show slowed down and the last 4 episodes became a massive drag.

There's no court room stuff in The Jinx really.

TBH I thought MaM was more intriguing as the court cases progressed!

Damn X-Files looks weird man. I dunno about this whole low budget cgi and about showing everything right in your face, that wasnt the case back in the days. Everything was so misterious, dark yet realistic plus the 90's feel ofcourse.

watched the first 2 episodes of the new X-Files and that's it for me... too cheesy.

Season opener was okay but things got all out of whack in episode 2 with mad scientist that committed suicide...

Fox Mulder and his cheesy lines are back too and while I thought I'd missed his dynamic with Scully, turns out I hadn't. Good effort but was best to keep a classic under wraps and let it be.

X-Files season 10 order on Fox

10x01 - My Struggle - 24 January
10x05 - Founder's Mutation - 25 January
10x03 - Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Man - 1 February
10x02 - Home Again - 8 February
10x04 - Babylon - 15 February
10x06 - My Struggle II - 22 February

watched the first 2 episodes of the new X-Files and that's it for me... too cheesy.

Season opener was okay but things got all out of whack in episode 2 with mad scientist that committed suicide...

Fox Mulder and his cheesy lines are back too and while I thought I'd missed his dynamic with Scully, turns out I hadn't. Good effort but was best to keep a classic under wraps and let it be.

HA. If you want a good laugh watch episode 3. A disaster of the highest proportions.

House of Cards new season is JUST as good if not better than previous ones! I have to say I'm surprised. When a show is THAT good, it's usually very difficult to keep the quality consistently high but somehow they've done it..... Bravo! :BOP:

:WORSHIP:

Just finished daredevil season 2. Wow. Tops season 1 which was great. Jon Bernthal was born to play the Punisher. Only show I'm watching right now is Billions which is pretty good. Never seen House of Cards.

Simply the TV show of the year !

img-allshows-american_crime_story.jpg

agree, I loved the show !
excellent and brilliant. the actors did great, especially Marcia and Johnny.

Last edited:
i liked Vikings but the current season i stop watching after episode 4... it became reidicilous and to much chaotic...

+ the acting in Last Kingdom is by far better than Vikings actors imo.

‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Returning for Season 9 on HBO

hbo-curb-your-enthusiasm.jpg

Larry David’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” will return for Season 9 on HBO, the premium cabler announced Tuesday.

“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of ‘Curb’ and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” said Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming.

Asked why he decided to come back, David said, “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’”

The hit comedy stars “Seinfeld” co-creator David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO’s longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. David also starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation “Clear History.”

No details on a Season 9 premiere date or additional casting have been announced at this time.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-9-hbo-larry-david-1201795261/

:APPLAUD::WORSHIP::BOP::ROCK::DANCE::EASY:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom