The TV Show Thread

I liked where Mr. Robot went at the end. Things better get crazy and big on the second season though, it just have too after what happened, but I find it difficult too, its USA after all.

Anybody watching Narcos? The story is kinda of a mess, its crazy fast paced, the voice over feels like a cheap way to rush the plot but the show is kinda of fascinating. Very Goodfellas like.

It's on my fall t.v. list for sure. Ready start Ray Donovan season 3

Narcos was real bad due to the fact that they chose a brasilian actor who can't speak spanish at all.

It's probably ok if you are not a native spanish speakers, but there is a colombian tv series about el magico which is way better than this americanized version where Pablo speaks with a brasilian accent.

I liked Narcos very much. The only issue is regarding the pace of the Story telling - especially when knowing, there will be a second season. Nevertheless, the setting and actors were just great!

of course you are german and do not distinguish between spanish and brasilian accent.

I am sure if in a tv show hitler spoke with a french accent you would find that pretty ridicolous.
there is colombian tv show on escobar which is light years better than this americanized crap.

Enjoying Prison Break.

Heard that the 3rd and 4th series were a bit naff compared to the first two.

For me the 3rd has been better than the 2nd.

Do think it's went a bit OTT mind you.

me too I liked the 3rd season unlike the majority of people :D.

4th is really a disappointement, very poor in writing and directing and storyline, although it had its moments sometimes.

Fargo (both seasons) - 10/10

Very interesting characters, excellent story, nice humor, atmosphere in general and job of cinematographer is absolutely admirable.

Ahhh, so the 2nd one has already finished?

I'm gonna give this a watch, the first one was brilliant.

Need to get Prison Break out the way though first and got a raft of tv to watch now.

FD

Cool, time I get round to it anyway, will probably be next year.

Need to finish Prison Break, then will be wanting to get back into Walking Dead, Narcos, new True Detectives and Homeland might try Fear the Walking Dead, so that'll take me up until Game of Thrones.

That isn't even maybe the likes of Justified and Black List that I might want to give a go.

FD

Anyone watching The Last Kingdom? Very Vikings-like but a bit different, I think it's pretty decent.

4th is really a disappointement, very poor in writing and directing and storyline, although it had its moments sometimes.

I'm only a quarter or so into it and enjoying it thoroughly. :D

Not keen on the FBI guy or whoever he is they are working with, his acting does seem crap, but I've enjoyed the show so far.

FD

Jessica Jones is really good !!! Better than Daredevil for me.

Yes, its pretty good, but some people might still prefer Daredevil cause it has more 'hero' stuff, more action.

Jessica Jones is more like a character driven show, which is different, but great in my opinion too, maybe even better for me as well. The purple man is just terrific.

The whole Marvel trend is lost on me a bit, specially with shitty movies like the Avengers, but when the stories are more personal they work really well.

Ant-Man was great, Winter Soldier was great, Jessica Jones and Daredevil great too, even Agents of SHIELD is decent enough, forget the large scale battles and heroes, they work better as comics, on the screen things need to be tuned down.

I still remember the Infinity War comics I used to have, there is no way that's going to work on a movie, no way.

Looking forward to Luke Cage.

Last edited:
Really enjoying it as well, it's a bit confusing at the start as it feels like you missed out on a movie or previous season or stuff with so many things from her past that are constantly mentioned with no real reference but then they provide more information as the season progresses so you catch up, can imagine the way the story unfolds would put some people off but I don't think it'll have a problem catching enough audience to be renewed though :)

Anyone watch the Netflix special show 'Bloodline' ? I hadn't heard much about it but got hooked and watched the entire season. It was great!

Can't wait for House of Cards (another NetFlix special) to start as well as second season of Bloodline.

Yep it was good, not great but good.

Finished Jessica Jones, was superb, not as good as Daredevil but we're talking 9/10 versus 10/10 so it was still more than worth watching :)

if we speak drama, direction, writing, Daredevil and Jessica Jones are the best superhero comic book TV shows ever.
other shows, like Flash, Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, are just very enjoyable, but they are mainly light, if you know what I mean.

Never thought I would see that in a sentance.

Has anyone started watching The Man in High Castle?

well, I didn't watch Gotham, but all who I know say that the 2nd season is amazing.

The Man in the High Castle, just watched 5 minutes and something interrupted me, so I'll give it a chance later.

I'm really hooked on Gotham, loved season one. Season two started off a bit slow in my opinion but now it's really good again.

I'm really hooked on Gotham, loved season one. Season two started off a bit slow in my opinion but now it's really good again.

I watched Season 1 and thought it was just completely average, but watched the 1st episode of Season 2 and thought I was watching the 1960's Batman with how incredibly camp and stupid it was.. After that episode I just couldn't bring myself to watch anymore of it.

Perhaps I shouldn't have put it as 'really good', enjoyable is a better description I think. For me it's just like one of those action films you just watch for entertainment rather than focusing on a really strong story line etc.

Though I am somewhat of a sucker for Gotham City as a setting and I feel like they've portrayed it very nicely.

Perhaps I shouldn't have put it as 'really good'

Why not? It's your opinion so that's what matters most, personally I think it's great, I'm sure there's stuff Bsmaff watches that we'd both tell him is rubbish ;) If we all had to like the same stuff then there'd be nothing on TV because it's impossible to appeal to all tastes.

Why not? It's your opinion so that's what matters most, personally I think it's great, I'm sure there's stuff Bsmaff watches that we'd both tell him is rubbish ;) If we all had to like the same stuff then there'd be nothing on TV because it's impossible to appeal to all tastes.

I doubt it.. I don't watch Man Utd on Tele

Last edited:
Only got a few episodes to watch and that'll be me finished with Prison Break.

I've found it really enjoyable, the first season was the best, but I've really enjoyed the 3rd and 4th seasons more than the 2nd.

It's far-fetched now, but I've grown accustomed to all the characters.

After this is out the way, need to get back into the swing of The Walking Dead.

FD

Yesterday I finished season one of House of Cards, impressive.
also on Sunday I finished season one of Fargo, it's very good, solid.

Fargo season 2
Fargo season 2 is one of the best TV shows now. Waiting for the final episode.
In some degree it's even better then first one, atmosphere, characters, nice!
The only thing I do not undestand is UFO, what was that?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom