The TV Show Thread

LOL, yeah I saw that about the 5th season.

As for the TV movie, I have a further 2 episodes since what you would say was the final episode, I guess a filler between the 2nd last episode and final episode. I'm guessing that's the movie they are referring to.

Don't actually see the point of it, yeah there is a gap (4 years?) but I don't think it needed that.

Going to watch it though in the next few days.

FD

Prison Break was great. Really enjoyed it when it first came out especially the first and second season. After that things kinda dragged on and twisted a bit too much... they never know how to 'end' shows.. they gotta keep 'milking' it as long as it makes $$$.

Anyway, True Detective has gotta be one of the BEST shows ever! I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 now and i'm hooked.

Yeah your right, watched part 1 of the movie (I believe) and will finish off over the weekend with the show 'finale'.

True detective is brilliant, well the 1st season is, McConaughey and Harrelson are fantastic in it.

FD

Walking Dead's season 5 (2nd half) and season 6 is pretty boring and it seems it lost its charm in Washington. i was hoping the main characters will be introduced as the antagonists for once as it should be in a situation like this but it never happened

When is the next season of House of Cards coming out? Seems like I've already been waiting forever...

When is the next season of House of Cards coming out? Seems like I've already been waiting forever...

March 4th ;)

I'm still on the 2nd season, i'm watching it slowly (maybe 3 episodes per week), as it's really something "heavy", not easy to digest so fast :D.

haha true.

It definitely is a 'heavy' show.

Quite brilliant in so many different ways! Their depiction of Putin is uncanny as well!

I can't wait for March 4th!

Anyway, True Detective has gotta be one of the BEST shows ever! I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 now and i'm hooked.

True detective first season must be among the best tv shows ever... just combination of those two actors is amazing imo.

still have to watch the second season...

also Better call saul is great show....

True detective first season must be among the best tv shows ever... just combination of those two actors is amazing imo.

Don't get your hopes up too much about the 2nd Season of True Detective.. It is very poor in comparison to the 1st.

It really is. The acting was as good as it gets!

I also loved everything else. The plot.... the script... directing... the customs... finished Season 1 and yep I'll repeat, this is arguably the best show I've EVER seen!

Still not watched this final episode of Prison Break, lol.

Will do it at the weekend then start on something else. Just not sure what, quite a lot to look at.

And X-Files will be starting in February (or late January US). I'll give it a go, as I used to love the old show (not so much the movies).

Still not even watched the new season of Walking Dead.

FD

I've heard thats good mate.

I remember just finishing Deadwood and then noticing this cowboyish type thing with Timothy Olyphant and thinking no, not for me.

May give it a go further down the line though, got loads to watch.

FD

I've heard thats good mate.

I remember just finishing Deadwood and then noticing this cowboyish type thing with Timothy Olyphant and thinking no, not for me.

May give it a go further down the line though, got loads to watch.

FD

Deadwood movie has been given the green light finally!

I never did watch Deadwood. I remember trying to watch the first episode but found it really hard to hear the voices, the mixing didn't seem right.

And I've never watched The Sopranos.

I need to fix this.

^^^ I second that.

Oh that's great, never knew that, remember reading how we needed a 4th or Movie and at last it'll happen.

Sopranos for me is my no.1, however if Deadwood had lasted more than the 3 seasons it may well have eclipsed it, if it was 3 seasons v Sopranos, Deadwood won it for me.

Ian McShane plays the best tv character for me.

FD

Currentyl rewatching Californication and for the first time it was fun and entertaining and all...and okay basicly its about a broke man who tries to get himself together and his family for once and for all. BUT... after season 1 it came across my mind if this is the worst love story or the best on tv. I mean whether Karen is the worst written character ever or is a truly well written life like one, the one woman who can grab Hank by his balls anytime she wants. If she wants him, she gets him, if she annoyed, she get rid of him. Only reason Hank is still in the game with Karen because he is a pussy magnet...and watching the show atm, did Karen anything for Hank really that justifies his love for her? Or its a blind love by Hank because of Becca and because of their memories? All i see is she stopming on the poor dude who is stupid enough to chase her and he never tries to explain himself or to fight back...again like in reality against that one woman who you blindly love for some unknown reason. Concidering this tho the ending, they screwed this up. Hank should have ended up by another woman who loves him for what he is again like in reality.

Still cant decide whether its the best love story on a tv show or not :D

Last edited:
Finally finished off Prison Break, really enjoyed it, certainly not going to go down in a classic, but an enjoyable one.

Loved some of the twists and the characters were great in it.

I did like Michael, sometimes the main guys are a bit ropey with me, but I liked him. Was quite funny how the likes of Bellick and Mahone at one point I hated, but in the end loved them, Mahone was probably my fav out of them.

Liked Sucre too, although he was the character everyone was to love.

T-Bag was brilliant in it too, he was a love-hate throughout, brilliant character.

I think it ended well, not too happy that they are bringing out a 5th season, which really isn't a finisher, it's something they want to throw out and then leave on a cliffhanger to see if it's a success and then churn out more.

Next, will start off with The Walking Dead.

FD

i enjoyed TWD till season 2 ..or 3 top. after that it become repetitive for me and couldnt dare to drift to new areas,
it became all about getting you to love new characters just to viciously kill them off after while

Prison Break was great. Really enjoyed it when it first came out especially the first and second season. After that things kinda dragged on and twisted a bit too much... they never know how to 'end' shows.. they gotta keep 'milking' it as long as it makes $$$.

Season 1 of TD was great. Season 2 was a huge step down although it was refreshing seeing Vince Vaughn in a different role.

You're right. Season 2 was definitely a disappointment if you compare it to season 1 which it should be since it has the same name 'True Detective' lol. Nonetheless once I put aside the comparison and saw it for what it is, a less brilliant version, it was still a good show.

I'd give True Detective season 1 an absolute perfect 10 out of 10!

As for Season 2, if you can get through the first few episodes, it gets a lot better and i thought the second half of the show (last 4 episodes) were highly entertaining. I'd give Season two a 7.5 rating. Still enjoyed it but yeah was a huge let down compared to Season 1 and almost an entirely different show, it was also less about being a 'detective' and more about 'politics/mafia, etc.'

Anyone watch the show 'Rectify'? It has outstanding reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and other places. I watched a couple episodes... a bit slow to begin but I bet it gets better. Also the girl in it, damn she's pretty!

Back
Top Bottom