The TV Show Thread

Bloodline, watch it if you haven't. GREAT SHOW!

I didn't think they could do much with Season 2 but man was I wrong... it was even better than Season 1! Very impressed. :WORSHIP:

I've recently started watching The Blacklist. Saw the first episode a while back and it didn't hook me. Gave it a chance and I quite like it. It's hard to really recommend as something other than mindless entertainment 'cause the plot is exceptionally dumb, with James Spader being a mastermind criminal who surrenders himself to the FBI and starts giving them tips on how to get other bad guys. That's not the dumb part, the dumb part is that he continues being a high level criminal and the FBI just looks the other way :D occasionally making some remarks about him being bad and they won't let him do his super bad stuff, which he then does anyway.

But Spader is great, and although he is kind of the diamond in the cast (Harry Lennix playes the same part here that I think he plays in every damn film/show, he might as well be the same character as in Man of Steel/BvS), Megan Boone is the leading lady and she takes an age to get used to, but only since she can barely hold a candle to Spader.

The show has a similar sense of urgency as 24 at times, and the scenes where people aren't actively trying to murder each other are boring as hell. But those are few and far between. Like I said, entertaining, but that's pretty much it. Which is fine, sometimes that's all you need.

@ PLF: Bloodline was great. We finished both seasons in two weeks. We thought season 1 was better primarily because of the antagonist. Best villain in a long time. I think we need to see more of his youth and I'm nt sure we'll get that in season 3. Another Netflix original show we thought was good for the first couple of a seasons was "The killing". We honestly don't have anything to watch right now. Any recommendations? Mostly interested in crime dramas/murder mysteries.

Yes, great villain!

I've heard of 'The Killing' but haven't watched it yet.

Sounds like we have the same taste in a lot of things 'Review'. :) and it goes beyond sports. My favorite genre of movies/shows are basically the same. I love suspense/thriller stuff.

I'm guessing you've already watched top-notch shows like True Detective (Season 1 is great), Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, etc.

If so I would recommend 'Dr. Foster'. It's quite interesting and starts with a big twist that is sure to get your attention. It's actually a British TV Show! I'm not usually a fan of them but wife and I did enjoy this one. The best part is, we weren't expecting much from it but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Give it a try, it's a small commitment anyway, only one season and it was I think 6 episodes or something like that.

You should try a fantastic French show: The Spiral (= the English title).
There are already 5 seasons, very realistic series about a police team...

And of course the best series ever: The Wire (i know, must be my 70th post about that show).

a year ago I started Banshee, well, it really sucks, everything sucks. I watched the complete season 1 and that was one of the most painful experiences, to watch a whole season of something shitty is a torture.
2nd season I just watched it by that rate : an episode in 5 minutes. Fast-watching to see if there's something interesting.
then I dropped it.
One of the worst things I've ever seen.

@PLF: We have seen all those shows except for Dr. Foster. Will give it a look.
@gerd: Seen the wire. One of my top 5 all time. Never heard of Spiral so we will give that a look as well.
@Placebo: We watch Banshee. Finished season 3. Blu Ray for season 4 comes out later this year? Not really sure.

Also, my barber told me about a show that's like Orange is the new black but A LOT better. Forget the name. We tried season 1 of Orange and didn't really like so how much better could this show really be if its the same idea?

Aye. We will give your recommendations a try this weekend. I'm hoping that these shows are all on Netflix. We don't do commercials. ;))

I see all Banshee episodes and it's pure fun, without the fuss, really different than others TV show.

Yep exactly, kicks ass, takes names, doesn't pretend to be anything it's not!

Aye. We will give your recommendations a try this weekend. I'm hoping that these shows are all on Netflix. We don't do commercials. ;))

Into the Badlands is on Amazon Prime if you have that, obviously there are none official ways to watch stuff if you're so inclined.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Bake Off...

Watched the pilot of Westworld last night.. Was pretty good, but no idea how they are going to stretch it out and keep it interesting for any longer than 3/4 seasons.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Bake Off...

Watched the pilot of Westworld last night.. Was pretty good, but no idea how they are going to stretch it out and keep it interesting for any longer than 3/4 seasons.

Most new shows are cancelled before they make it to three quarters of a season ;)

Most new shows are cancelled before they make it to three quarters of a season ;)

Alot rightly so though..

I remember a show years ago called Flash Forward started off really good and very interesting, but then after about 4/5 episodes turned into a massive turd and seemed a completely different show and didn't seem to have a clue where to take it and what to do with the storylines.
So lost loads of viewers and was rightly cancelled.

Then you do get some good shows which are cancelled too early, which deserved longer. I need to find out the show me and my mrs enjoyed which was cancelled.

But the main problem with American TV is they just keep making more and more episodes just because the show is profitable even though it doesn't have a clue really what's going on anymore.

I've read that HBO want to make Westworld the successor of Game of Thrones...i.e. their most prestigious series...would they cancel a show like that? I doubt it.

Now we are sure it will be cancelled, of course...

And about Game of Thrones. I've also read the books and although i still watch the series, imo it comes nowhere near the books...

A total of 1.84 million people have watched the sci-fi series since its launch on 4 October. The previous biggest series premiere on the channel, Fortitude, drew 1.74 million in its first week, and episode one season one of Game of Thrones was seen by 1.45 million.

A total of 1.84 million people have watched the sci-fi series since its launch on 4 October. The previous biggest series premiere on the channel, Fortitude, drew 1.74 million in its first week, and episode one season one of Game of Thrones was seen by 1.45 million.

I'm assuming that's UK numbers only?

I would expect so..

But so far it has been good.
Episode 2 was better than Episode 1 IMO, but still struggling to see how they can keep the show good and exciting for a long period.

We finished watching everything you guys (Sina, Gerd, Paul) recommended. All the shows were very good so thanks for that. Any other recommendations you can throw our way for the holiday season would be much appreciated. Cheers!

You enjoyed Into the Badlands? Thought it was a quite unique show, very cool, there's some really good behind the scenes stuff on AMC Asia's youtube channel.

Westworld is presumably worth watching, haven't watched it yet as we were waiting for the full season to drop which it has now so we'll be starting soon, Narcos is very good and intriguing even if it's a bit sensationalised/glamorised. Longmire is superb, we just watched the 5th season over a couple of days, All three Marvel adaptations on Netflix are excellent (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones in order of preference).

@Placebo. Took us a little while to get into it but we sticked it out and it turned out to be a nice change of pace from the norm. Fight choreography was top class. We'll check out Westworld. Hopefully the season is done because we like to binge (4 episodes in a day). Also take a look at some of the other ones you mentioned.

@Coopz. Heard real good things about stranger things from a few co-workers. Will check that out. About Walking Dead. I think we will wait until the current season is done and then binge

Yep Westworld has finished airing the first season now so all 10 episodes are available. For a new comedy Impastor is very fun, first two seasons of that have aired now.

I'm biased on this one (since I worked on it #humblebrag), but Westworld is an amazing show! It's so thoughtfully made and is truly a thinking person's show. I cannot wait to see what season two looks like! It's too bad that we will have to wait until 2018 to see it.

Stranger Things is really good as well! But I'm a sucker for good sci-fi thriller stuff which will not be to everyone's liking.

Nice what did you do on it?

Wife and I watched the whole thing over 3 nights ending last night, simply stunning, I loved the movie so had really high hopes for this but it vastly exceeded my expectations, loved every minute of it, never dragged, was fully immersed, superb acting throughout, so many amazing scenes that spring to mind, will definitely be watching the bluray prior to season 2 in 2018 as a refresher. I've always loved Scifi and Westerns so this is the perfect blend of genres, could easily be the greatest TV series I've ever watched I was that blown away by it. The production values was stunning, to make ten episodes of such quality for $100m is incredible as every one has the quality of a movie IMO.

Back
Top Bottom