The TV Show Thread

What a shame that there is no DVD-version with Dutch subtitles available. I'm not sure if my English is good enough to enjoy the 3 seasons...

Something that i enjoyed very much and that looks (to me) like Line of Duty is French: The Spiral. There are already 5 seasons of that show and it's really very good (but watch out: there is another series called The Spiral about art robbery that is not very good).

I also want to see Westworldn it got raving reviews...

The OA on Netflix, amazing! You have to be able to disable your cynic chip to truly enjoy it, and whatever you do, avoid any kind of spoilers online, just open up your hearts and sit and watch it, incredible storytelling!

Was thinking of watching that. Will give it a go!

Started watching Narcos a couple weeks ago after hearing praise from every friend about it! They weren't wrong. Loving it! Great show. Luckily there are 2 seasons and I haven't even finished Season 1 yet. :)

That's great to hear.

I would say this was right up there with the BEST SHOW I've ever watched! I watched both seasons and was fully entertained. Would highly recommend to others.

As for the show "OA", what a disappointment.

Watched every episode of Season 1 hoping it gets better as it had some unused potential but ultimately it was a waste of time. I kept an open mind and watched the whole season but there was ultimately too much ridiculousness.

The season finale will also go down as one of the worst ever for me! It brought along more questions than it answered and is literally left open to like 10 different interpretations! I'm all for making the audience think and leaving a couple different plausible scenarios but 10 of them... you can literally have anyone who watches the show describe the ending in a different way. Too vague and abstract. If they're hoping people watch Season 2 just to find out what the hell Season 1 meant, they're mistaken because many like me won't.

West world was great. Wish it was longer. Narcos was amazing though. Edges Bloodline as the top show/series we watched in 2016. I think one episode of OA is enough for us.

You're right, you did warn about that Paul.
And I did more or less 'disable the cynic' in me, which is the only reason I was able to watch the ENTIRE season and not give up on it after one or two episodes.

Now I wish I hadn't lol. :P

As for Narcos, I agree review, I enjoyed Bloodline a lot and recommended it but Narcos was EVEN better! Glad to see it's been renewed for 2 more seasons. As for Westworld, I've heard great things but have yet to watch it. Will give it a go!

Another recommendation, Paranoid, 8 part cop drama on UK ITV also available on Netflix, really enjoyable. We just watched season 2 of The Man in the High Castle which was excellent and then watched Paranoid next :)

Man in the High Castle season 2 was excellent, massive improvement over what I thought was a very overated first season.

Now looking for the next thing to watch... Might try Narcos but doubt my Mrs would like it, also want to force myself to watch Black Sails - heard it is really good after a shite first season.

Another recommendation, Paranoid, 8 part cop drama on UK ITV also available on Netflix, really enjoyable. We just watched season 2 of The Man in the High Castle which was excellent and then watched Paranoid next :)

We watched paranoid based on your rec. We enjoyed it. Wished there was a season two. We went a week without watching anything because we know there's a lot of crap out there. Tried crossing lines and shut her down after two eps. Then I remembered you talking up a show called line of duty. Great T.V. Sina, you need to watch this show

Need to get into the swing of things again with Tv shows.

Need to finish of GOT, only around 1/2 way through last series, upto date with Vikings which is really good.

Just watched the 1st episode of S7 of The Walking Dead, fuck me, that was totally brutal.

Homeland is starting back up, and want to watch the last season of Black Sails that aired too. Then move onto Peaky Blinders, Narcos and Blacklist. And I'll run through quickly the last aired Heroes reborn (think that's the name) and X-Files.

FD

Stranger Things:
giphy.gif

Doesn't re-invent the wheel, just takes a lot of existing wheels and puts them together to make an awesome ride.

@Review I know you asked a while ago but I was watching some awards show recently and it reminded me about Making a Murderer.

Give that a watch if you haven't seen it already

Not a show but a long 3 part documentary (well its 3 parts on Sky on Demand anyway) called OJ: Made In America.

I just had a look to see what the proper title of it was and saw that it got an Oscar this year for best documentary.

If you liked the People vs OG you will love this. Even if you didn't its deeper than just the trial so I thoroughly recommend it.

We finally wrapped up all the Marvel stuff on Netflix a couple weeks ago. If I had to rank them it would be:

1. DD season 1
2. DD season 2
3. Luke Cage
4. Jessica Jones
5. Iron Fist

Ready for Narcos season 2. Finally

Twin Peaks season 1: Excellent. Saw it 25 years ago, remembered little.
Twin Peaks season 2: Goes a bit stale after the reveal of the killer. Picks up near the end again, plus it has David Duchovny playing a lady called Denise, who used to be named Dennis. You get the idea.
Twin Peaks season 3:
Get over the first 2-3 eps of complete madness and it gets pretty good. It's still utterly bonkers, even on Twin Peaks level. Watching this has slowly crept from frustration to excitement.
I put the rest in spoiler tag although it's not really a spoiler, but it still caught me very much off guard. Don't read before watching the first 7 eps of S3.
I'm still to come to terms with the very frequent and brutal murders and deaths. Not so much that they are brutal, some to an insane level, but there are so many of them. Twin Peaks was focused on one murder for the most part, I have actually lost count of the kills for the first 7 eps of this.

House of Cards season 5: Just over half way through and I'm actually getting a bit bored with it. Spoilers (light):
After Frank Underwood became president the writers have been struggling to go on I feel. Where do you go from there? Marital problems? Him getting shot? Reporters digging up some of the crazy shit he's done? Claire taking over the presidency for a bit? Sure. But even the big finale of last season, where Frank and Claire were ready to declare war, just so people forget about his scandals, just dies down in a typical cliffhanger-turns-out-to-be-nothing sort of way. That's been the case with every big thing after he becomes president. Shit just dies down and goes back into a status quo. They need to set an end date for this, I could see a glorious crazy ending to House of Cards if they truly decide not to go on. And that writer which becomes claire lover on the side is a boring ass character.

Twin Peaks season 1: Excellent. Saw it 25 years ago, remembered little.
Twin Peaks season 2: Goes a bit stale after the reveal of the killer. Picks up near the end again, plus it has David Duchovny playing a lady called Denise, who used to be named Dennis. You get the idea.
Twin Peaks season 3:
Get over the first 2-3 eps of complete madness and it gets pretty good. It's still utterly bonkers, even on Twin Peaks level. Watching this has slowly crept from frustration to excitement.
I put the rest in spoiler tag although it's not really a spoiler, but it still caught me very much off guard. Don't read before watching the first 7 eps of S3.
I'm still to come to terms with the very frequent and brutal murders and deaths. Not so much that they are brutal, some to an insane level, but there are so many of them. Twin Peaks was focused on one murder for the most part, I have actually lost count of the kills for the first 7 eps of this.
I just came in here to post about Twin Peaks. Episode 8 is one of the most breathtakingly brave/horrifying episodes of television I've ever seen. The new season has been excellent overall, although my love for the first will always remain.

I'll probably be watching Fire Walk With Me tonight, should have watched before S3 but I got too curious and didn't have it at the time. Then it's time for e8.

I don't know which is weirder, that episode or the fact that it still made sense
Also, my main complaint for the first episodes, in the spoiler, don't bother me as much after this episode. Now I feel that it's a logical evolution.

Finished the Game of Thrones run through from season 1-6 prior to it starting again Sunday night. Even though it's the third (or fourth now?) time I've watched the entire season there are still so many new things that pop up when watching it again.

Also the Battle of the Bastards is just such a ridiculously good episode.

More Twin Peaks: episodes 9 and 11, excellent. Episodes 10 and 12: letdowns. I think 12 was the worst of the lot. Maybe especially because the one before it was so good. Even Jim Belushi was great in it.

But man, that conversation at the end of episode 12 was just dreadful, almost felt like it was improv. Even though it had that key character from seasons 1 and 2.

Been watching a few episodes, getting up to date.

Caught up with Homeland and Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead.

Started on Narcos now.

Need to get up to date with GOT.

FD

Back
Top Bottom