The Retro-PES Corner

That's nice workaround but it won't last for long time. Been seeing that case over & over again.

Fuck these greedy corp, if they dont want their files to be shared then provide it legally with logical prices. I bet shitendo behind these crap, if yes then fuck them

This CDromance news has affected me now 😂 I found they had the iso for PSP version of WE 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen. Can't seem to find it anywhere else. I don't suppose anyone here has it?

Which is shitendo part of. It's well known shitendo been taking down many rom sites over the years even the site dont host their game, fuck them most greedy & anti-consumer corp.

Proper shameless greed. Haven't had a nintendo since Wii, are they still selling 30 year old NES/N64 game for 20$ each on the switch now?
Wiiware they called it LOL

Proper shameless greed. Haven't had a nintendo since Wii, are they still selling 30 year old NES/N64 game for 20$ each on the switch now?
Wiiware they called it LOL
From a business perspective I can understand them wanting people to have limited access to their games but as a switch owner myself, if I wanted one of these games specifically to play on the switch I’d buy it regardless of being able to play it for free on my PC. It’s the convenience of having it on the switch which would be the pull for me. Having said this I personally wouldn’t buy any game that isn’t a physical copy. I mean, a digital game doesn’t have any resale value!

From a business perspective I can understand them wanting people to have limited access to their games but as a switch owner myself, if I wanted one of these games specifically to play on the switch I’d buy it regardless of being able to play it for free on my PC. It’s the convenience of having it on the switch which would be the pull for me. Having said this I personally wouldn’t buy any game that isn’t a physical copy. I mean, a digital game doesn’t have any resale value!

well is hard honestly, at least they give you the opportunity to keep playing those games, unlike sony a few years ago where using old games on their newer console was impossible, so then they leave it all into the "abandonware" zone which is were we have free pass but on another point of view... nintendo does sucks wanting to keep getting more money from something they sell years ago, oh right, they're a corporate

well is hard honestly, at least they give you the opportunity to keep playing those games, unlike sony a few years ago where using old games on their newer console was impossible, so then they leave it all into the "abandonware" zone which is were we have free pass but on another point of view... nintendo does sucks wanting to keep getting more money from something they sell years ago, oh right, they're a corporate
Nintendo are a smart company. They wouldn’t have given people the option of buying retro games on their latest systems unless there was a market for it. People have a choice of buying retro games on eg switch. They don’t have to buy them but the fact they are buying them means Nintendo will continue to sell them. I think it’s actually the public’s fault for buying them on these systems in the first place. We wouldn’t even be having this discussion if people didn’t contribute to the problem.

Wow, i've just installed all the world cup patches from 1970 onwards, it's an incredible achievement that we are able to play with so many historical teams and relive and rewrite history, for example not doing the stupid 'staffetta' that Italy did in the 1970 world cup not playing Mazzola and Rivera together.

Brazil's team was bonkers back then holy shit 10 number 10's in a team

I've installed the 'Super Data' patch which includes all the world cups and covers most important european clubs in the 1974-86 era, but the players stats are kinda weird, where most of the players play the same and the attributes are less exaggerated than normal pes stats (for example crujyff has something like 88 dribble accuracy lol), does anyone know of a more normal patch in that era? thanks in advance

Last edited:
The workaround (not noob friendly, please do not PM me for support) is to do it manually using one of:
1. Another computer running Windows 7
2. A Virtual Machine instance (Parallels or VMWare Fusion) with Windows 7 installed
3. Using a Windows emulator (eg. Wineskin Winery on Mac).

You then install the game and patch, run the PESEdit D2 switch to a league of your choice (which will now work, as it’s only broken due to file access/security protections in Windows 10) and manually copy the now switched PES 2013 game and save folders and replace the same folders of your installed PES 2013 game on your main PC.

I’ve personally done this process via Wineskin Winery on a Mac, took all of 15 minutes - I’ve now got the Npower Championship working (instead of the default 2.Bundesliga).
Just tried this, it worked!!! I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, thanks man!

For those wondering, my method (Windows) was:
- Install VirtualBox and create a Virtual Machine with Windows 7, install both PES2013 and PESEdit
- Disconnect from the internet, open PESEdit and make all the switches you like
- Reconnect and upload "kitserver13", "PESEDIT" and the save files from My Documents to Mediafire (or whatever you prefer)
- Go back to your Windows 10 PC and have both PES and the patch installed. Also, download the files you uploaded to Mediafire
- Delete "PESEDIT" folder, replace it with the downloaded one
- Delete these next folders from "kitserver13": docs, GDB, log, pesedit, pesedit-ml, pesedit-ol_, pesedit-scoreboards. Then replace those exact folders with your Windows 7 version (Why this? Because when I fully replaced kitserver13 kits wouldn't work, not sure why).
- Also replace your My Documents files with the Windows 7 ones you uploaded before.

Rather than uploading them online, you can try enabling the Drag & Drop option available in VirtualBox. I personally chose uploading the files because Drag & Drop got them corrupted.

It should work now! Let me know if you have any questions, I know it's a bit confusing, I tried tons of things until I got this solution.

1708478621967.png

As proof, here's a screenshot of Empoli from Serie B with Saponara (with his real/correct face).

Last edited:
Hey bros! I was wondering if anyone could share the Argentinean and/or Chilean commentaries for PES 2014 PC version?
Can't find them anywhere on the net (links are down)..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Just tried this, it worked!!! I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, thanks man!

For those wondering, my method (Windows) was:
- Install VirtualBox and create a Virtual Machine with Windows 7, install both PES2013 and PESEdit
- Disconnect from the internet, open PESEdit and make all the switches you like
- Reconnect and upload "kitserver13", "PESEDIT" and the save files from My Documents to Mediafire (or whatever you prefer)
- Go back to your Windows 10 PC and have both PES and the patch installed. Also, download the files you uploaded to Mediafire
- Delete "PESEDIT" folder, replace it with the downloaded one
- Delete these next folders from "kitserver13": docs, GDB, log, pesedit, pesedit-ml, pesedit-ol_, pesedit-scoreboards. Then replace those exact folders with your Windows 7 version (Why this? Because when I fully replaced kitserver13 kits wouldn't work, not sure why).
- Also replace your My Documents files with the Windows 7 ones you uploaded before.

It should work now! Let me know if you have any questions, I know it's a bit confusing, I tried tons of things until I got this solution.

View attachment 264474

As proof, here's a screenshot of Empoli from Serie B with Saponara (with his real/correct face).

i think you could've just drag and drop the changed files from VM OS to your main OS directly without uploading it to filehost. It's been years since i've been using VM but as far as i remember it's possible, atleast with VMWare Workstation, not sure about Vbox though.

Edit : if no drag & drop support just make the FD available in VM and transfer changed file to it. Just like using 2 PC

Last edited:
Edit : if no drag & drop support just make the FD available in VM and transfer changed file to it. Just like using 2 PC
There's a way to also share a folder from the host to the guest in VirtualBox as far as I remember (I've not been using it for a while though) so +1 on not having to upload them elsewhere.

Yes, I should've specified: I tried drag and dropping and the file manager @*aLe @Hayes but for some reason the files ended up getting corrupted. Even tried packing them in a .rar/.zip and it wouldn't work, that's why I ended up going for uploading them online. But yeah, I'll add to the post that you can try drag and dropping by yourself and it could work, it just didn't work for me hahah

Hey all, anyone got a PES 6 option file already loaded onto a .ps2 file?

I've installed it on my steam deck with psxps and need an option file desperately 😂

Back
Top Bottom