The Retro-PES Corner

Not sure, ive seen in on PC, but i think its for all platforms, as the PES 3-6 on PC were the PS2 port. So it's safe to say , PC and PS2 yes, Xbox maybe.

As per the execution, it's more terrible than terrible itself.

You press the R3 stick (inside) with your right thumb and then you strafe to the direction you wanna aim. Cant remember, but to make it even worse, the power bar is dependent on the duration or the distance of the R-stick swinging .

It almost impossible to use it, no matter if your are left handed or right handed, it's against the fundamental geometry and ergonomy of the gamepads.
A strange move from Konami to do it so badly, considering everything else is excellent.

You press the R3 stick (inside) with your right thumb and then you strafe to the direction you wanna aim. Cant remember, but to make it even worse, the power bar is dependent on the duration or the distance of the R-stick swinging
You can actually configure it to only need to pull the right stick in the desired direction directly, like when moving the controlled player with the left stick, skipping the step of pressing the stick like a button.

I never tried it myself because i always played with a keyboard, but the manual passing system doesn't seem so ilogical to me, the sad part is that there's only 8 directions (PC, PS2 and PSP), in XBOX intead, i read that there is 360 degree passing implemented in this manual system.

This youtube channel has two amazing videos showcasing manual passing in these retro games:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh8Ap632tVi15BGpTBgdpnQ

Last edited:
Straight up translated ISO and accompanying option file via @Shales (links in description):

Or try this patch from @BillyKong on for size: https://evoweb.uk/threads/winning-eleven-9-liveware-evolution-ps2-ntsc-k-patched.94688/
I struggle to make it work. Probably just missing something in the setup: when I try to load the game through OPL where it appears in the game list, it only shows up as a black screen subsequently, i.e. doesn't load the game properly.

I suspect it may have something to do with the Option File? I wasn't sure how to get the one from above in the right way on the MCboot MC. For PES 2008 I had one already on the Memory Card because I owned the CD, so I could replace the original one with another one in P2SaveConverter in the OP folder that exists. But for the WE9LE game there's no folder yet. Do I need to create it and then copy the file in there?

I honestly can't remember. I'll report back when I've tried it, just in case anyone else wants to give it a bash.

UPDATE: Tried this and unfortunately, it does not work in the PAL region for consoles.

Did you get any kind of message?

I struggle to make it work. Probably just missing something in the setup: when I try to load the game through OPL where it appears in the game list, it only shows up as a black screen subsequently, i.e. doesn't load the game properly.

I suspect it may have something to do with the Option File? I wasn't sure how to get the one from above in the right way on the MCboot MC. For PES 2008 I had one already on the Memory Card because I owned the CD, so I could replace the original one with another one in P2SaveConverter in the OP folder that exists. But for the WE9LE game there's no folder yet. Do I need to create it and then copy the file in there?

Whenever I had that issue it was because of fragmented files: https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1843.

Did you convert the option file to PSU? It's easiest for FreeMCBoot. R1, PSU Paste when you're in the destination folder.

I also got it working!!!! Thanks @marqisspes6 @Flipper the Priest

BUT now I can't seem to load up the option file. I have mcBoot and can see the file directory. The file on my USB is an XPS file. How do I copy this over.

I'm on mac so not sure how best to convert the file if I need to.

Any help is much appreciated.

You need this. Open the XPS, save as PSU on your USB, copy in uLaunchELF, PSU Paste option to the memory card. If that program doesn't work on Mac let me know; I can share the PSU later tonight after Aberdeen batter St Johnstone. 👍

Amazing, many thanks, that's great! Will check that out later when some time on hand. 🥰

Really intrigued by the positive comments on this version, especially around the AI, as it annoys me that on PES 5 even on 6* they only ever chip the ball or play through passes.

I don't want ruin your entusiasm, cause i was the same about we9le before try It.
In my opinion we9le A.i Is even worst than pes5 one.
Try an International Cup on Pes 5, 6 stars difficult. I don't know why but in international Cup, Pes 5 a.i Is quite good on attack and amazing on defense

I don't want ruin your entusiasm, cause i was the same about we9le before try It.
In my opinion we9le A.i Is even worst than pes5 one.
Try an International Cup on Pes 5, 6 stars difficult. I don't know why but in international Cup, Pes 5 a.i Is quite good on attack and amazing on defense
All the modes in PES 5, except exhibition, are more difficult, but they also much more scripted. So you kind of have to pick your poison

You need this. Open the XPS, save as PSU on your USB, copy in uLaunchELF, PSU Paste option to the memory card. If that program doesn't work on Mac let me know; I can share the PSU later tonight after Aberdeen batter St Johnstone. 👍
@Flipper the Priest I see it was a 1-1 thrashing!
Thanks for the reply. I got my son to convert it on his PC. All sorted. Looking forward to this one like it's 2005 all over again!

Does anyone have the PES 6 Original Season 06/07 patch, just for PES 2021?

If there is season 02/03 for PES 2021 too, it would be interesting. Does anyone know if these patches exist?

Did you get any kind of message?

Whenever I had that issue it was because of fragmented files: https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1843.

Did you convert the option file to PSU? It's easiest for FreeMCBoot. R1, PSU Paste when you're in the destination folder.
Yes I use the FMCB card and I have put the PSU file via USB stick on it. But maybe not the right way? I wasn't quite sure where... with PES 2008 because I had the CD I only had to replace the existing OPT file in the folder and put the ISO into the DVD folder on the card. And it works np.

Does PES 6 have a season 98/99 patch? In the same style as the season 06/07, 02/03? With the faces, uniforms, lineups...

Installer of full version of PES 6 SPEC 98-99 v2.1 as a separate independent game

mediafire.jpg

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Yes I use the FMCB card and I have put the PSU file via USB stick on it. But maybe not the right way? I wasn't quite sure where... with PES 2008 because I had the CD I only had to replace the existing OPT file in the folder and put the ISO into the DVD folder on the card. And it works np.

Copy the option file, go to the root of the memory card, and select PSU Paste. That will then extract it into the folder format. 🙂

Edit: try defragging your USB first. It'll stop the game loading, rather than any issue with the option file.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom