The Retro-PES Corner

Not sure, ive seen in on PC, but i think its for all platforms, as the PES 3-6 on PC were the PS2 port. So it's safe to say , PC and PS2 yes, Xbox maybe.

As per the execution, it's more terrible than terrible itself.

You press the R3 stick (inside) with your right thumb and then you strafe to the direction you wanna aim. Cant remember, but to make it even worse, the power bar is dependent on the duration or the distance of the R-stick swinging .

It almost impossible to use it, no matter if your are left handed or right handed, it's against the fundamental geometry and ergonomy of the gamepads.
I love manual passing and definitely used it as my primary means of passing from Pes 4 onwards (I had PS2 version of Pes 1 & 3-5, plus PC versions of 4,5,6 & a few later ones which I regretted), I can't recall if I used it much in Pes 3 (or even if it was a feature at that point). I can see why people found it awkward, but I think having to depress the right stick avoided the possibility of accidentally flicking it and making an unintended pass; it was very sensitive and precise, after all. In fact in later games I've found it difficult to adapt to simply moving the right stick without depressing it like a button first, it doesn't feel natural because I was so used to manual passing. I was an early convert to manual passing in PES after much frustration with the way the regular X passing made the precise direction of the pass rather random, it seemed to me as though the result of pressing X was a bit of a lottery and that I was not so much controlling the action as directing its general progress.

Hello guys, this is my first post here, and i really need help to get my project going: playing (modded) PES 6 on my Mac. I searched the forum, because i can imagine that someone asked for help earlier, but i did not find a thread about it, so here we go:

i managed to get the PCSX2 running. And i got a PS2-Bios. if i open that file in PCSX2, the PS2 start screen shows up and i´m asked to insert a disc. I assume, that i have to download a rom (?) of the game first, and then later add the mods i want. Where should i go to? I really lost track now ... thanks for anyone ready to help!

Hey Hey people, I've managed to find an old patch I used to play with when I was younger, TPS Extreme Pes 2014 made by TPS Team at tuttopes forum.

It's an old italian patch based on the 2013-2014 season of the Ps2 Pes 2014.
I've tried to iron out all the kinks in the original patch by editing through the edit ingame and through some very old editors but some bugs/errors are still unresolved such as:
  1. Classic teams not having the correct formation
  2. Classic and pes shop players still not being completed with wrong stats positions and heights
  3. Some players having the wrong height and are a bit OP (Serie B teams mostly)
  4. Varese and Siena in the master league are not selectable manually, you have to hit random until you see them in the second division
  5. The master league teams selection menu is a bit wonky
The feature list of this ISO and Option File are as follows:
  • 12 Serie B teams for an italian Master League
  • Addition of the entire Bundesliga (instead of the Eredivisie)
  • Entirely licensed Premier League, Liga, Ligue 1 etc.
  • Created many missing players
  • Created and edited many faces and hairstyles
  • League formations and jersey numbers for ALL teams in the game ( including the rosters from the 2014 world cup)
  • Libertadores and Champions teams unlocked in friendly mode
  • New hd logos
  • Adidas and Nike football boots
  • 6 Multiscoreboard HD (RAI, Mediaset, SKY, Europa League, Champions League, Libertadores 2014 World Cup)
  • New balls
  • New songs
  • New Wallpapers
  • New Introductory Video
  • New adboard rotation for each stage and new realistic flags
  • 56 beautiful stadiums, the way you select them is a bit weird but you simply change the fair-day/night-day modes if the stadium is a multistadium and you will see the change in-game

*Edit: WARNING this version of the patch still has some errors in the Italian Serie B and is only available in Italian and Greek languages

Last edited:
Hello guys, this is my first post here, and i really need help to get my project going: playing (modded) PES 6 on my Mac. I searched the forum, because i can imagine that someone asked for help earlier, but i did not find a thread about it, so here we go:

i managed to get the PCSX2 running. And i got a PS2-Bios. if i open that file in PCSX2, the PS2 start screen shows up and i´m asked to insert a disc. I assume, that i have to download a rom (?) of the game first, and then later add the mods i want. Where should i go to? I really lost track now ... thanks for anyone ready to help!
there will be pes6 rom with mod already online. just search for it on google with "pes 6 rom/iso" + whatever mod.

Hey Hey people, I've managed to find an old patch I used to play with when I was younger, TPS Extreme Pes 2014 made by TPS Team at tuttopes forum.

It's an old italian patch based on the 2013-2014 season of the Ps2 Pes 2014.
I've tried to iron out all the kinks in the original patch by editing through the edit ingame and through some very old editors but some bugs/errors are still unresolved such as:
  1. Classic teams not having the correct formation
  2. Classic and pes shop players still not being completed with wrong stats positions and heights
  3. Some players having the wrong height and are a bit OP (Serie B teams mostly)
  4. Varese and Siena in the master league are not selectable manually, you have to hit random until you see them in the second division
  5. The master league teams selection menu is a bit wonky
The feature list of this ISO and Option File are as follows:
  • 12 Serie B teams for an italian Master League
  • Addition of the entire Bundesliga (instead of the Eredivisie)
  • Entirely licensed Premier League, Liga, Ligue 1 etc.
  • Created many missing players
  • Created and edited many faces and hairstyles
  • League formations and jersey numbers for ALL teams in the game ( including the rosters from the 2014 world cup)
  • Libertadores and Champions teams unlocked in friendly mode
  • New hd logos
  • Adidas and Nike football boots
  • 6 Multiscoreboard HD (RAI, Mediaset, SKY, Europa League, Champions League, Libertadores 2014 World Cup)
  • New balls
  • New songs
  • New Wallpapers
  • New Introductory Video
  • New adboard rotation for each stage and new realistic flags
  • 56 beautiful stadiums, the way you select them is a bit weird but you simply change the fair-day/night-day modes if the stadium is a multistadium and you will see the change in-game

PES 2014 is solid gameplay-wise. If anyone could ever create a rain mod for this game, then I would play a lot of it!! I think that's it's biggest drawback. However, this patch looks really cool, with Serie B! I will be adding it to my collection, thanks for sharing! :)

I'm pretty sure I posted this video before, but man...... I just rewatched it and it really swells my heart with emotion. :)
I've been replaying PES 2011, and even though it wasn't my favorite at the start, it has definitely grown on me. Maybe I've just been practicing and finally kind of getting the hang of it!

There's nothing like a fully licensed Libertadores! 🏆 La Gloria Eterna! :BSCARF:

I still find so much to love about PS2 retro PES.

Playing a ML with last year’s OF as Leeds on 2008 and it has been tough in the first couple of seasons. But gradually once the Team Work stat starts increasing the chemistry between the players gets better. I really love how realistic that part of the game is. Looking on the formation screen I can see the players Team Work chemistry hitting the 80s and 90s. But if I bring in a new player, even if they have high stats, the Team Work goes down a bit and it affects the way they play on the pitch.

I truly believe that Konami nailed that part of the game and it makes it so rewarding when you gradually see the team gelling.

We actually won the Division 2 Cup in our 3rd season but now, still in Division 2, playing in the cup I put my reserve team out to rest my first team but also to build up their team work.

We played Huddersfield away in the 1st leg and came away with a 3-0 win which was tougher than it sounds. In the 2nd leg i picked my reserve team again and Huddersfield dominated and we lost 2-0 but went through on aggregate. Really satisfying win and really good seeing player stats increase.

I still see different things happen in this game even after all these years. For example the CPU had a throw in in line with our penalty area and i was marking the player closest to the thrower. But then the thrower took a long throw into the box, completely took me by surprise, they got a shot off but missed.

On a side note, if any of you are wondering when my new Option File will be out for 2008, it has been delayed because I got sick with chickenpox. Can you believe a middle age man catching it for the second time. Also I am working on the National Teams now because it helps free up players to edit over for the Club Teams so everything is taking longer.

Anyways, enjoy whatever PES you play guys! :D

Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this? Here is the line to modify in hex in the winning eleven /pes relating to fix stadium clipping? as done for the PC versions? thanks to all

I'm pretty sure I posted this video before, but man...... I just rewatched it and it really swells my heart with emotion. :)
I've been replaying PES 2011, and even though it wasn't my favorite at the start, it has definitely grown on me. Maybe I've just been practicing and finally kind of getting the hang of it!

There's nothing like a fully licensed Libertadores! 🏆 La Gloria Eterna! :BSCARF:
What version is this? PC or PS3 or PS2?

Somebody asked me a question on Reddit and I'm curious...

Does anyone know the closest thing to the PES6 Original Season patch but for PS2? Obviously it won't have the depth, but the main bits (kits, badges, etc) and with original menus etc.

I forgot to mention that some stadiums are hard coded by konami in the official release so some of teams have the wrong ones set, it has effect mostly on the master league but what can you do...

I plan on doing a master league with this version to filter out any huge errors in the Database, I've already sorted out most of the Palermo side, Belotti wasn't even edited in and they had a player named Vuoto (which means empty in italian funny enough) that doesn't ring any bells.

i just realized that PES went on till pes 2014 on the ps2 - apart from 2008 which everyone recommends, which later ones might be even better?

I still find so much to love about PS2 retro PES.

Playing a ML with last year’s OF as Leeds on 2008 and it has been tough in the first couple of seasons. But gradually once the Team Work stat starts increasing the chemistry between the players gets better. I really love how realistic that part of the game is. Looking on the formation screen I can see the players Team Work chemistry hitting the 80s and 90s. But if I bring in a new player, even if they have high stats, the Team Work goes down a bit and it affects the way they play on the pitch.

I truly believe that Konami nailed that part of the game and it makes it so rewarding when you gradually see the team gelling.

We actually won the Division 2 Cup in our 3rd season but now, still in Division 2, playing in the cup I put my reserve team out to rest my first team but also to build up their team work.

We played Huddersfield away in the 1st leg and came away with a 3-0 win which was tougher than it sounds. In the 2nd leg i picked my reserve team again and Huddersfield dominated and we lost 2-0 but went through on aggregate. Really satisfying win and really good seeing player stats increase.

I still see different things happen in this game even after all these years. For example the CPU had a throw in in line with our penalty area and i was marking the player closest to the thrower. But then the thrower took a long throw into the box, completely took me by surprise, they got a shot off but missed.

On a side note, if any of you are wondering when my new Option File will be out for 2008, it has been delayed because I got sick with chickenpox. Can you believe a middle age man catching it for the second time. Also I am working on the National Teams now because it helps free up players to edit over for the Club Teams so everything is taking longer.

Anyways, enjoy whatever PES you play guys! :D
I heartily agree with your point about the teamwork improving over time and having a very significant effect on success, it is a smart feature and well executed. As for chickenpox, I remember a year or so back hearing that contrary to what I'd always understood to be the case (that if you get it as a child you are then immune for life) the immunity wanes over the decades and adults can be vulnerable to it. I think they are considering vaccines for it because apparently the old wisdom that having 'chickenpox parties' to spread the virus and thus immunity isn't as great an idea as is commonly believed. Anyhow, I hope you got over it without too much discomfort, I know it is far more likely to cause serious illness for adults than for kids.

Thanks to all writing here, i dived in to some great ML stories, in the beginning of this thread! Although I did not manage to get Retro Pes going on my Mac, now I own a PC with my first two Patches ... thanks to dany for those great installers, it really is easy to do, even for me! After figuring out that you can set your controller customs through the settings file in the programm folder, i´m really getting started. As soon as I warmed up, my default-ML will start! What a nice PES feeling!

I heartily agree with your point about the teamwork improving over time and having a very significant effect on success, it is a smart feature and well executed. As for chickenpox, I remember a year or so back hearing that contrary to what I'd always understood to be the case (that if you get it as a child you are then immune for life) the immunity wanes over the decades and adults can be vulnerable to it. I think they are considering vaccines for it because apparently the old wisdom that having 'chickenpox parties' to spread the virus and thus immunity isn't as great an idea as is commonly believed. Anyhow, I hope you got over it without too much discomfort, I know it is far more likely to cause serious illness for adults than for kids.

Thanks.
Thankfully it was not as bad as i thought it was going to be even though i still felt really rough with a fever. But the spots didn't itch that much which makes me think it was a mild case.

Yes I heard about those chickenpox parties, don’t recall my mum ever taking me though. I feel like I missed out :LOL:

Hello friends.
I would like to get a patch, for PES 2013. From that season (2013/14) which is focused on the Süper Lig.

It's called: Patch PESKolik 13 v2 Final Patch

The problem?
It's just that all the links are down. Like here.

So, if any Turkish "collector" user has the patch and is around here, I would really appreciate it if you could share it.
As I'm from Brazil, finding forums, active links, is extremely difficult. Due to VPN implications as well as language.

Thank you for your attention.

The L1 x 2 + 45° / 90° direction when the players run with R1 to keep running when he changes his direction should had been mentioned in the Commands menu in PES4-2010... not a part of the secret movement in the guide.

1707578370757.png
You know, licensed teams in games are good, but if a dev team can make decent generic kits, I can't complain.
As long as they don't block the use of the team colors too, anyway.

(Though actually I just wanted an excuse to use this image and talk about it ^^')

Last edited:
For my friend @millossobek and for everyone who still plays pes 2013, in the last days many patch have been reupdloaded on another site.
I don't mention it publicly because I don't know if it's allowed by the regulation, but I think you understand what site it is :LMAO:

PES 2013 PTE Patch Liga ZON Sagres Season 2012/2013​

Last version of PTE Patch 2013 which include 2012/2013 Season for PES 2013 PC. The patch is quite rare and hard to find. Reuploaded for archive purposes only.

https://sharemods.com/0x9uaww2ev9k/PES13_PTE_Patch_1.5-WWW.PESNEWUPDATE.COM-.rar.html

They also uploaded many pesedit versions of that season, and as I'm talking about the amazing pesedit...does exist a solution to launch the selector correctly?
I try everything and every version, but I can't run it. What a pity...

Thanks! I tried to play again PES 2013 with PESEDIT patch last week and it no longer worked, but this PTE Patch looks fantastic too. Just one question: is it just me or is it only updated to version 1.03 and datapack 4.00? Can it be manually updated to version 1.04 and datapack 6.00? (I don't know tbh if I'm missing something really important without installing both last version and last datapack).

Back
Top Bottom