The Master League adventures thread

Giles number 10 was My hero.Still hard pressed to see any modern day player who could distribute the ball so well.
Lucky enough to have watched him hundreds of times.

"I'M DONE WITH PES 2017. I'M JUST DONE WITH IT".

How many times must I have thought that to myself in the past 4-6 months?. Many.
After playing many consecutive matches, on many consecutive days in the week (when I'm not on a busy week regarding work, girlfriend, friends, family, real life football, etc), I suddenly start getting annoyed at it. But...

I don't know what it is PES 2017 has, but everytime I say to myself "OK, I'm done with it. Not playing anymore until 2018 comes out", the next day I have the best games ever.
This is like the 4th time it happens to me in a 5 months time lapse. I usually do tweak some things after thinking I'm done with it (like gameplay tweaks), without expecting any exciting results but I always end up loving it more and more.

For example, yesterday... I fired up the game thinking it was probably going to be my last game, so I loaded my Master League with Manchester City and had the most amazing game against Manchester United, nothing more and nothing less.

I lost 5-4.
And even though the final score seems a bit crazy and unrealistic for a derby, it actually didn't feel scripted or forced.
There was a lot of battling. The CPU commited about 5 fouls against me! Fellaini even got a red card!.
Brilliant match. I was annoyed at myself for not recording it.

But... to be able to still enjoy PES 2017 at this time of the year, means a lot. Haven't played a football game for thing long since PES 6 on PS2. I think I won't ever be uninstalling PES 2017, nor thinking "I'm done with it".

Matchday 4
Leeds travel to Ipswich town today and the manager hopes to keep the unbeaten run going ...... a debut for Marcus Vinicus in midfield. Defender Calabresi and target man Joao are unavailable for this one.

It's the penultimate game of the Serie A season, with 8 teams challenging for a champions league spot, Torino are at home to Sassuolo... 85 minutes passes and they just couldn't find the net... until (and you won't believe it!)

That leaves Torino 3rd in the league with one game remaining

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE9DRXbXgAA2haI.jpg:large

Two games left in the season, next up the TIM cup final against Genoa, after that, the season finale... away to Juventus to confirm the CL place! brutal

Last edited:
It's the penultimate game of the Serie A season, with 8 teams challenging for a champions league spot, Torino are at home to Sassuolo... 85 minutes passes and they just couldn't find the net... until (and you won't believe it!)

That leaves Torino 3rd in the league with one game remaining

https://twitter.com/Wiggins_YB/status/887001621380648961

Two games left in the season, next up the TIM cup final against Genoa, after that, the season finale... away to Juventus to confirm the CL place! brutal

Ah jaysus Robbie you had me built up for a cheeky Panenka.

I decided to start another ML while waiting for PES2018.

Rather than go with a small team I thought I would manage my favourite one, Tottenham.

The first game is a tricky away fixture v Hull. Will Spurs be able to break down their defence?

Second match of the season was away against Liverpool. A bit of a strange one this, not the most exciting game but shows that it is not all end to end. Will Spurs continue their good start?...

One thing I noticed about the 'scripting', is player selection plays a part in it I think. Playing Exhibition games earlier on semi assist cursor and the correct player was selected most of the time. But playing semi assisted in ML, I had to switch to unassisted cursor half way through the second half because the CPU was consistently giving me control over the wrong players. Really frustrating.

By playing unassisted cursor I have better control of who to control. And if I select the player too late when defending, thankfully my CPU controlled player will clear the ball. That too can halt the 'script'.

One thing I noticed in this ML is the offers for my players are from big clubs unlike the ML I played before. Have they changed that? Maybe...

@geeeeee Great game! Good points about cursor selection too, definitely found the same as you between exhibition and ML at times. That fake shot by Wanyama at the end was hilarious, he pulls the ball so far wide in the slowest motion, haha.

@geeeeee Great game! Good points about cursor selection too, definitely found the same as you between exhibition and ML at times. That fake shot by Wanyama at the end was hilarious, he pulls the ball so far wide in the slowest motion, haha.

Thanks @tomj i thought we were going to lose because we were so poor.

The funny thing is that I changed to unassisted cursor just before Kane equalised so when I took the free kick I actually forgot to press L1 to select Kane. I only realised after he scored and then it occurred to me that the CPU scored it for me. :)

I'm enjoying this game still.

Was it you that said you may try manual passing? If so, how are you getting on?

Second match of the season was away against Liverpool. A bit of a strange one this, not the most exciting game but shows that it is not all end to end. Will Spurs continue their good start?...

One thing I noticed about the 'scripting', is player selection plays a part in it I think. Playing Exhibition games earlier on semi assist cursor and the correct player was selected most of the time. But playing semi assisted in ML, I had to switch to unassisted cursor half way through the second half because the CPU was consistently giving me control over the wrong players. Really frustrating.

By playing unassisted cursor I have better control of who to control. And if I select the player too late when defending, thankfully my CPU controlled player will clear the ball. That too can halt the 'script'.

One thing I noticed in this ML is the offers for my players are from big clubs unlike the ML I played before. Have they changed that? Maybe...

Nice couple of goals Geeee.

Thanks @tomj i thought we were going to lose because we were so poor.

Was it you that said you may try manual passing? If so, how are you getting on?
Terribly! I'm going to stick with it though... I think a week of playing nothing but manual will definitely help the transition.

Terribly! I'm going to stick with it though... I think a week of playing nothing but manual will definitely help the transition.

Tomj if that was your video on youtube of your manual match. . . .all I can say is your passing was near perfect ,no different to mine. . . . first goal you couldn't do anything about ... . the throwout from the keeper needed more mustard and direction . .you didn't lose that match because of manual passing.

Tomj if that was your video on youtube of your manual match. . . .all I can say is your passing was near perfect ,no different to mine. . . . first goal you couldn't do anything about ... . the throwout from the keeper needed more mustard and direction . .you didn't lose that match because of manual passing.
I didn't include some of the passes from the video otherwise it would have just been the full game - I think I spent the first half booting it straight out of play! But yeah, I agree, poor defending for the first goal from me and the second was a bit of an error with the keeper and the throw. Should have scored that Hazard goal in the first half as well. I'll play a few more tonight I think, might try and get some general highlights from the games!

I didn't include some of the passes from the video otherwise it would have just been the full game - I think I spent the first half booting it straight out of play! But yeah, I agree, poor defending for the first goal from me and the second was a bit of an error with the keeper and the throw. Should have scored that Hazard goal in the first half as well. I'll play a few more tonight I think, might try and get some general highlights from the games!

You have the hang of it already . .the accuracy and weight is perfect . ..I could show a full match of mine and you wouldn't believe how many passes I misplace and underhit and I'm using it over a year now.

Third match guys and I loved this game.

I love how the weather conditions can change throughout the match which affect the physics of the ball making it get stuck in the puddles. Watching players slide around as the rain comes teeming down is excellent. Also, something I haven't noticed before is the player's tops, not only do they begin to cling to them but the Spurs ones also got darker almost a grey colour because of the rain.

Another thing that stood out in this game is player individuality, I really felt like certain players made a difference when I controlled them. I think this is more noticeable when controlling a top team with better known players.

I know this is only my third game in (of this ML) but I feel that I could play this for another year. I'm not even too fussed about the beta for 2018 coming out tomorrow.

Next up is a Champions League game against Real Madrid, I've never played a CL game before as I am normally a smaller team. Really looking forward to it, hopefully play it tomorrow (the beta will have to wait) :P

Third match guys and I loved this game.

I love how the weather conditions can change throughout the match which affect the physics of the ball making it get stuck in the puddles. Watching players slide around as the rain comes teeming down is excellent. Also, something I haven't noticed before is the player's tops, not only do they begin to cling to them but the Spurs ones also got darker almost a grey colour because of the rain.

Another thing that stood out in this game is player individuality, I really felt like certain players made a difference when I controlled them. I think this is more noticeable when controlling a top team with better known players.

I know this is only my third game in (of this ML) but I feel that I could play this for another year. I'm not even too fussed about the beta for 2018 coming out tomorrow.

Next up is a Champions League game against Real Madrid, I've never played a CL game before as I am normally a smaller team. Really looking forward to it, hopefully play it tomorrow (the beta will have to wait) :P

Geeee that was a great game, very entertaining. . .were you using manual passing? I could have watched another 20 mins of it well done buddy.

Geeee that was a great game, very entertaining. . .were you using manual passing? I could have watched another 20 mins of it well done buddy.

Thanks Deco, yeh that was really tense and Lloris made some excellent saves especially two in the first half. And I loved how Son came on and was taking on their defence, I could really feel his dribbling skills coming through.

Yeh full manual buddy, though at the moment I am only on Professional but it feels balanced at the moment. The three games I played I could have easily lost.

What is a bit tricky is playing on unassisted cursor having to press L1 each time. It is ok in normal passages of play but when I play a one two that's when it is tricky. Because I have to Hold L1 (i think to activate a one two), then press X (to pass), then press L1 again (to take control of the player), then X (to pass back), then L1 (to take control of the player again). When it works though it feels great. It's good as it keeps my brain active :P

Not sure if the pesuniverse option file has improved it, but loving it.

And the rain, oh the rain. You couldn't see it in that video but there were times in that second half when players were just slipping over even when they were not near the ball. I saw one of my defenders slip once I thought I hope the CPU doesn't exploit the gap he had left. Greta stuff.

Have you stopped ML Deco?

Thanks Deco, yeh that was really tense and Lloris made some excellent saves especially two in the first half. And I loved how Son came on and was taking on their defence, I could really feel his dribbling skills coming through.

Yeh full manual buddy, though at the moment I am only on Professional but it feels balanced at the moment. The three games I played I could have easily lost.

What is a bit tricky is playing on unassisted cursor having to press L1 each time. It is ok in normal passages of play but when I play a one two that's when it is tricky. Because I have to Hold L1 (i think to activate a one two), then press X (to pass), then press L1 again (to take control of the player), then X (to pass back), then L1 (to take control of the player again). When it works though it feels great. It's good as it keeps my brain active :P

Not sure if the pesuniverse option file has improved it, but loving it.

And the rain, oh the rain. You couldn't see it in that video but there were times in that second half when players were just slipping over even when they were not near the ball. I saw one of my defenders slip once I thought I hope the CPU doesn't exploit the gap he had left. Greta stuff.

Have you stopped ML Deco?

I was the only one putting up videos Geeee . .. a bit much looking at your own videos all the time ha ha.. . I might go back to it . .. I'm playing the Konami League on pes 2017 at the moment and it's great. . .you were spraying balls around like Hoddle in that vid. . your play has improved a lot . ..btw geeee about the beta I never played online before and haven't played a human in 20 years. .is there much to it?

I like professional difficulty because I don't feel cheated/handicapped at all. I will have to try full manual because professional difficulty itself is very easy.

I was the only one putting up videos Geeee . .. a bit much looking at your own videos all the time ha ha.. . I might go back to it . .. I'm playing the Konami League on pes 2017 at the moment and it's great. . .you were spraying balls around like Hoddle in that vid. . your play has improved a lot . ..btw geeee about the beta I never played online before and haven't played a human in 20 years. .is there much to it?
I'm going to try and get the hang of this full manual thing and then jump into playing another ML at some point I think so I'll be posting videos again regularly (ish!)

I never played online before and haven't played a human in 20 years. .is there much to it?
Online matches with full manual against players with assisted controls is always funny, the first half of the match they can not understand what is happening because they do not see scripted assisted passes wich they are used to resist, they just don't know what to do.
In the second half of the match, they usually slip into endless lobbed balls into the penalty area.

Online matches with full manual against players with assisted controls is always funny, the first half of the match they can not understand what is happening because they do not see scripted assisted passes wich they are used to resist, they just don't know what to do.
In the second half of the match, they usually slip into endless lobbed balls into the penalty area.
I reckon there's enough of us here who play manual (or learning...) that some arranged games online would be really fun. I think we've all got a nice idea of how to play so if there ever was an interest when PES 2018 comes out I'd be keen! We could even have a little league going on if people fancied it.

I reckon there's enough of us here who play manual (or learning...) that some arranged games online would be really fun. I think we've all got a nice idea of how to play so if there ever was an interest when PES 2018 comes out I'd be keen! We could even have a little league going on if people fancied it.

I was thinking of that the other day . . when the full version comes out we could have a League . ..it would be great fun.

I was thinking of that the other day . . when the full version comes out we could have a League . ..it would be great fun.
Yeah, we've still got about 2 months from launch but we could probably get an idea of people who were interested in it. Some sort of round robin league, relatively easy for us to play one game a week or so rather than take away from people's usual PES time and normal life activities.

I think restricting it to full manual only is a pretty good idea, could make it so we can't select 5* teams as well to add a bit more diversity to team selection?

I think restricting it to full manual only is a pretty good idea, could make it so we can't select 5* teams as well to add a bit more diversity to team selection?
I think it makes no sense to introduce any restrictions on the level of the teams, let everyone choose a team that matches their strength

Yeah, we've still got about 2 months from launch but we could probably get an idea of people who were interested in it. Some sort of round robin league, relatively easy for us to play one game a week or so rather than take away from people's usual PES time and normal life activities.

I don't use advanced shooting though . .will that be a problem?

I don't use advanced shooting though . .will that be a problem?
Nah I don't think so, I only use advanced shooting because I'm more used to it than basic. We can probably agree on some 'base' rules between whoever wants to take part.
I think it makes no sense to introduce any restrictions on the level of the teams, let everyone choose a team that matches their strength
Yeah, I get your point here to be fair - I think if it's a league that we're all actively playing in then we'd probably pick a team and play with it for maybe 'season 1' and then change if we fancied it.

Back
Top Bottom