The Master League adventures thread

Haha i've enjoyed playing other people too because i'm actually winning quite a few matches :D at the same time i'm going to be sad to end this Master League, my longest and most engrossing for many years.

Just catching up with a few games, take your pick...

The Ugly... Stoke v Tottenham (EPL Match 6)

The Good... Tottenham v Fulham (FA Cup 2nd Round)

The Bad... Tottenham v OGC Nice (CL Match 3)

The best game was the CL one. Always such a good atmosphere in those CL matches.

The game against Fulham, I played a weak team and Jansen played as Jansen does.

And Stoke away... no prizes for guessing the type of game it was.

Long time,no see gentlemen.
Been away from this game for a long time,probably since Jan-Feb.
Anyway,got tired of the competitions game,even more tired and frustrated than I got playing Pes back in January.
So started by installing the latest patch,game got completely unplayable,horrible gameplay,like an ice hockey game.
So that was a no go for me,uninstalled it,went back to Pes 16,same story there,the pinpointed through balls and crappy GK kinda killed it for me.
So what to do?

Dusted of my trusty old Pes 15,which plays very good,has it's bugs but plays better than 16 and a fully updated 17.
Think I'm 7-10 games in to my ML on 15, and have acctually enjoyed it,only thing about going back to an older game is its...old,movements and so on are kinda stiff compared to newer games.

Decided after reading tons of posts both in here and also remembering how good Pes 17 was when it came out,pre patches and so on.
So as a side project I decided to go for a ML on 17 aswell.
Installed it offline,and have kept it offline,no signal iduna park,no Anfield but it doesn't really matter to me,you who know me know I've always kept my ML down south in Italy.
Long story short,out of the box,offline and also with a bit more knowledge about momentum,what you and I call "scripting" normally,and how to tackle that,this game has been absolutely amazing since I've restarted it.

I've been much more curious about how the game works this time,why my players suddenly becomes crap at times,and why my players becomes invincible at other times.
Once I had an understanding for that,and how to control it by regaining momentum,and accepting the CPUs momentum and dealing with it,plus acctually using tactics all the way,by man marking,tracking runs,moving your back four,setting offside traps,making substitutes with in form players,that creates momentum by just stepping out on the field,this game has been so good.

I'm 12 games into my ML career with AC Milan
Playing top player at home,superstar away
Manual passing,basic shooting,20 minute games -1 game speed

Results so far
Serie A.9 games played 7 W 1 D 1 L
Europa L 2 W 0 D 0 L
Coppa Italia through to the second round.
Hopefully I'll be posting some more later on

My career with Milan is pretty much the roster the game started with,sent 6 players out on loan,no players in.

If you want to,and still play the game,give us some feedback,looking fw to hearing from you old gits:)
/Rock

Last edited:
Just catching up with a few games, take your pick...

The Ugly... Stoke v Tottenham (EPL Match 6)

The Good... Tottenham v Fulham (FA Cup 2nd Round)

The Bad... Tottenham v OGC Nice (CL Match 3)

The best game was the CL one. Always such a good atmosphere in those CL matches.

The game against Fulham, I played a weak team and Jansen played as Jansen does.

And Stoke away... no prizes for guessing the type of game it was.
Stoke away,on a Tuesday? rainy?
Loving those games mate.
Nice to see that you kept going,unlike me,but I've got my shit together and loving my ML campaign right now

I'm enjoying playing other people at the moment Geeeee instead of the CPU.
Stop playing online footie Dec,it's not appropriate for gents of our age.
Back to the ML mate.
I can recommend going back to the "out of the box" 17 and not updating the game,plays ace mate.
Also give 15 a go,great game imo.
It's been nice hearing from you on YouTube,but now I'm back here,so it's back to ML again,capishe!!

Two games played last night.
Europa League vs AZ Alkmaar away,and Genoa away.
It turned out to be senor Carlos Bacca's nights.
Playing a possesion game atm,and it turns out that it works perfectly with my team
Chemistry and strength around 80

Is this period of the year too late to start a career? :LOL:
If not, I might start one today or tomorrow, just for the sake of it.

Yeah, I'll probably try and get something done then. By the way, I see you also like PES 2015... One of my favourites! :)
And it's nice to see my beloved Milan fare so well (although it's only a videogame). Keep it up!

Still following this thread, although somewhat stopped playing for now, I was playing too much :D And also with PES 2018 on the horizon I guess I'd rather wait for it to come :D

So yea, go for it, especially that 2017 is surprisingly decent. Both gameplay and Master League :)

Yeah, I'll probably try and get something done then. By the way, I see you also like PES 2015... One of my favourites! :)
And it's nice to see my beloved Milan fare so well (although it's only a videogame). Keep it up!
Thanx brother,yeah,i have a thing for Milan,a good side to build up properly,back to the glory days of the 90's when they were unbeatable.
PES 15 is very underrated,I've seen more loose balls,strange goals etc in that than in 16-17.
Also play Milan there...
Hope you get a career going,let us know

Still following this thread, although somewhat stopped playing for now, I was playing too much :D And also with PES 2018 on the horizon I guess I'd rather wait for it to come :D

So yea, go for it, especially that 2017 is surprisingly decent. Both gameplay and Master League :)
Hey Anjin,same here,stopped playing Pes in Jan,cause patches and so on kinda made the game bad.
But I'm really enjoying it now,installed offline and without any updates,plays great

Juventus away,probably the toughest game of the season.
Played an amazing defence against #juvemerda and their central defender Cheilini played a bil part.

Next game was a EL game vs the mighty Blookroows (67ovr) and that turned out to be tough cookie.
Managed to get a 1-1 draw at home,horrible game.
Groundskeeper must have watered the pitch with Syrup.

Next up for me is Torino at home.

What a great win there! That crossbar must have hurted a lot though... Luckily enough you managed to bring home the three points! :)

What a great win there! That crossbar must have hurted a lot though... Luckily enough you managed to bring home the three points! :)
Thanx man,yes if I had conceded a few goals,then the header would have haunted me:)
I think it's 2nd time I beat #juvemerda on Pes 15-17, always a rough game
Next up is the real Torino team.
Have you got any game going yet?
I also have Juventus on Pes 15 next game...
I'm having a hard time choosing between those two games,but 15 is awesom

So... What am I doing here, dear journal?

I woke up this morning in this hotel room and I honestly don't know how the Hell I got here. I have an awful headache, I want to throw up and my suitcase is there in one of the corners of the room, open and messy like someone had ransacked through it.
I slowly get up and crawl to the window: when I open it, I see people shouting in Spanish down in the street. I don't know why but I do know Santi is somehow involved in all of this.

I grab my phone trying to understand what's happening and I see a couple of SMS notes from an airline company in the SMS inbox. Apparently I flew from Newcastle to Buenos Aires yesterday. Now, at least, I know where I am.
There's also a message from Santi, I knew he had something to do with this. The message is from yesterday afternoon and just reads "Welcome to Cunturipa pal, call me when you reach the hotel. By the way, we'll trash you".

Then, something clicks in my mind. I can only remember some flashes of last night, but one of them features Santiago Muñez with a Puntihuerva polo shirt and one of them features a table full of beers. That son of a... He got me drunk again!

And apparently, I've just signed for Cunturipa and this is the reason I'm in Buenos Aires.
According to the calendar on my phone, I'll be starting tomorrow: my first managerial role since I quit playing.

Don't worry dear journal, Gavin Harris will soon make a name for himself also as a football manager.
Pretty much like he did as a footballer and as a party animal.

fhsPlo2.png

So... What am I doing here, dear journal?

I woke up this morning in this hotel room and I honestly don't know how the Hell I got here. I have an awful headache, I want to throw up and my suitcase is there in one of the corners of the room, open and messy like someone had ransacked through it.
I slowly get up and crawl to the window: when I open it, I see people shouting in Spanish down in the street. I don't know why but I do know Santi is somehow involved in all of this.

I grab my phone trying to understand what's happening and I see a couple of SMS notes from an airline company in the SMS inbox. Apparently I flew from Newcastle to Buenos Aires yesterday. Now, at least, I know where I am.
There's also a message from Santi, I knew he had something to do with this. The message is from yesterday afternoon and just reads "Welcome to Cunturipa pal, call me when you reach the hotel. By the way, we'll trash you".

Then, something clicks in my mind. I can only remember some flashes of last night, but one of them features Santiago Muñez with a Puntihuerva polo shirt and one of them features a table full of beers. That son of a... He got me drunk again!

And apparently, I've just signed for Cunturipa and this is the reason I'm in Buenos Aires.
According to the calendar on my phone, I'll be starting tomorrow: my first managerial role since I quit playing.

Don't worry dear journal, Gavin Harris will soon make a name for himself also as a football manager.
Pretty much like he did as a footballer and as a party animal.

fhsPlo2.png

Lol! The first few lines I thought were real life. Great stuff.

Thanks pal! It's time for the first match then... Even if it's just a friendly. :)

Dear journal,

it took me almost the entire day to get rid of the hangover, I must admit I was wasted like I had hardly been before in my life, but I managed to successfully show up at the presentation with the press. And I was even on time, entering the press room with one of my best suits:

lVpLebN.png

Since then, we've been training hard and I must admit that the first week of training has gone pretty well: I'm starting to get my head around some of the players and around the formation I'll be playing them in.

Our captain will be Tito Lafuente: he’s definitely the right man to lead Cunturipa, and one of the very few who decided to stay when the team got dismantled a couple of seasons ago. He could do almost everything with the ball, from providing an inch-perfect through ball to firing a top-corner belter. You name it, he has it.

Then, there's a player who reminds me a lot of my former self: born in 1981 and nicknamed ‘El Loco’ for his particular way of playing, Léo Ribera is the narcissist side of this team. A master in executing skill moves and feints, each time he has the ball he looks like he’s dancing, every skill move a step in his very own choreography. Rumour has it that he's also a pretty successful womaniser: the perfect Gavin Harris, just almost ten years younger.

The third player who impressed me has been José Sarda. You might have heard someone define him a ‘stocky son of a bitch’, because basically it’s exactly what he is. Difficult to dispossess due to his size, he’s the ideal player to collect the balls sent upfield and to deliver them to the wingers. He’s also pretty good at heading which can be a huge plus when Cazals or Ribera cross it in, and he also has a pretty powerful shot which doesn’t hurt either. It's him who scored one of the two goals in the opening match of our summer camp, against Cateravai, with a well-placed header. The other goal, useless to say, has been scored by Tito Lafuente with an insane volley:

That's it, we won our first friendly dear journal, against one of the teams in our league. I feel pretty happy with how the guys are playing right now, and it's only the beginning.

Had a few games last night,suddenly my boys can't score to save their lives.
Been on a dry spell for a long time,then suddenly all the gates bursted wide open.
Coppa italia vs Crotone away ended 6-1
Dont think ive scored that many goals in One game before.
Btw,i restarded My game since i accidentaly updated it the other day
So i reinstalled it again,bummer since i had a really good run.
Gotta say this game suprises me constantly,really enjoing it.
Still playing Top player and manual with 20 minue games.

Im in 6th place after 6 games,only been able to score 3 goals
My EL campaign iis pretty much the same,dead last after two games (0-2 0-1)
But My goal explosion vs crotone in the cup gives me hope for the future.
Never had a worse ML opening,but i really Love the fact that i need to work hard,and have a real challenge ahead.
Squad is untouched,i have 7 players out on loan,hopefully theyll come back with some more experience under their belt.

Been on a dry spell for a long time,then suddenly all the gates bursted wide open.
Coppa italia vs Crotone away ended 6-1
Dont think ive scored that many goals in One game before.
Btw,i restarded My game since i accidentaly updated it the other day
So i reinstalled it again,bummer since i had a really good run.
Gotta say this game suprises me constantly,really enjoing it.
Still playing Top player and manual with 20 minue games.

Im in 6th place after 6 games,only been able to score 3 goals
My EL campaign iis pretty much the same,dead last after two games (0-2 0-1)
But My goal explosion vs crotone in the cup gives me hope for the future.
Never had a worse ML opening,but i really Love the fact that i need to work hard,and have a real challenge ahead.
Squad is untouched,i have 7 players out on loan,hopefully theyll come back with some more experience under their belt.

The first couple of seasons are rough . .the A.I will try and relegate you.

The first couple of seasons are rough . .the A.I will try and relegate you.
Think I've had a decent start mate,the scoring will pickup.
Started with a 75 team spirit,that helps a lot.
Then I made the tactics suit my team better,I play 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 so I boosted TS up to 84.
Really nice to see how good the game plays.
Great having you back in here mate,and a rough one vs Palermo

I don't know if it's normal but I have had the same feeling in some of my previous ML campaigns. The first matches are always rough in my small experience. Keep it up! :)

I don't know if it's normal but I have had the same feeling in some of my previous ML campaigns. The first matches are always rough in my small experience. Keep it up! :)
Thanx pal,yeah a rough start,but it will pick up,made a huge difference when I started playing 4-3-3,suits my team.
Remember the start I had on Pes 15 when I bought it,I managed to avoid relegation with just 2 points that season,played with Torino,then I had 3 good seasons,finishing 3-3-2.
That's the fun part,building a good squad and slowly getting back to glory days.
Hope your campaign goes well

Dear journal,

the Christmas holidays have gone and so has the New Year's Eve party. Useless to say I hardly remember anything about it. :DRUNK:
According to a video Santi sent me on New Year's Day, at one point during the party I apparently sneaked behind the console and started playing with the mixer and the decks, putting on some Gigi d'Agostino no less.
Nothing strange there, I've always loved clubbing and if Paris Hilton can be a DJ (or pretend it, at least) so can I.
Back to football though: a couple of days into January we played our last friendly before the start of the league, and this is what happened:

After struggling to get the upper hand against Marribohua, another side playing in our league, and arriving at the stoppage time with both keepers still holding a clean sheet, Tito got fouled into their half and just decided to pull a Pirlo and to try 'la Maledetta', the kind of free kick that made the Italian maestro so famous. The result is what you can see dear journal, I couldn't believe it. A stoppage time goal, from our captain, with such a free kick... I must be the happiest man on Earth right now.

Can't wait for the beginning of the season dear journal, I believe that it's going to be full of satisfactions.

Gavin​

Think I've had a decent start mate,the scoring will pickup.
Started with a 75 team spirit,that helps a lot.
Then I made the tactics suit my team better,I play 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 so I boosted TS up to 84.
Really nice to see how good the game plays.
Great having you back in here mate,and a rough one vs Palermo

Should have a been a draw at least . .previous match midfielder Praet scores 4 goals in 4-1 win over Sassuolo and gets a 7.0 rating for an outstanding performance? What more can a manager ask for?

Should have a been a draw at least . .previous match midfielder Praet scores 4 goals in 4-1 win over Sassuolo and gets a 7.0 rating for an outstanding performance? What more can a manager ask for?

That 3-0 goal,luvly little chip.
And against Sassoulo...fricking hate that team,always giving me grief.
Nice seeing you back in business mate,back in the dark ages (PES 16) I think you and me were the only ones in here.
Haven't seen you using regular roster before,you usually use master league players.
And not Serie B.....

That 3-0 goal,luvly little chip.
And against Sassoulo...fricking hate that team,always giving me grief.
Nice seeing you back in business mate,back in the dark ages (PES 16) I think you and me were the only ones in here.
Haven't seen you using regular roster before,you usually use master league players.
And not Serie B.....

It would take to long for to build from Serie B rock .. .. by the time that I make progress the new demo would be out .. even if you use the full club side the A.I will still make you struggle and I could possibly get relegated . . I just want to see how it goes and try improve my gameplay before the new game, because this new game will be more difficult as it's based on dribbling. .I found that out in the beta for two reasons . .I can't dribble for toffee and I haven't played a human in over 20 years . .some of the lads were saying that they might set up a League between us evoweb players which would be great fun .. .that's if I get an invite lol. Yourself, me and Elja and geeee revived Pes 2016 Ml but by that time most other players were pissed off playing 2016 but I enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom