The Master League adventures thread

I was the only one putting up videos Geeee . .. a bit much looking at your own videos all the time ha ha.. . I might go back to it . .. I'm playing the Konami League on pes 2017 at the moment and it's great. . .you were spraying balls around like Hoddle in that vid. . your play has improved a lot . ..btw geeee about the beta I never played online before and haven't played a human in 20 years. .is there much to it?

Heh heh yeh and I abandoned it for a while if I'm honest. I like looking at my own vids. Even watched one of my games the other day while doing the washing up :P

The only thing with online is if you get someone that just keeps using Messi it can be annoying. I played someone the other day and I lost 5-2 of something and just kept giving it to Messi and doing tricks and stuff. But Kane got 2 goals for me and the first was fantastic. I actually 'won' the 2nd half 1-0 and was quite proud of myself.

I like professional difficulty because I don't feel cheated/handicapped at all. I will have to try full manual because professional difficulty itself is very easy.

I'm going to try and get the hang of this full manual thing and then jump into playing another ML at some point I think so I'll be posting videos again regularly (ish!)

Topaz and tomj, I keep getting you guys mixed up :P

Yeh I think we could do a mini league. Are we all PS4 players?

One rule I think would be good to have. When you play against me you are not allowed to shoot in the penalty area. :P

Heh heh yeh and I abandoned it for a while if I'm honest. I like looking at my own vids. Even watched one of my games the other day while doing the washing up :P

The only thing with online is if you get someone that just keeps using Messi it can be annoying. I played someone the other day and I lost 5-2 of something and just kept giving it to Messi and doing tricks and stuff. But Kane got 2 goals for me and the first was fantastic. I actually 'won' the 2nd half 1-0 and was quite proud of myself.

One rule I think would be good to have. When you play against me you are not allowed to shoot in the penalty area. :P

Lol!

Yes I play in both PC and PS4.

The big one, the Coppa Italia final vs Genoa, My first chance of managerial silverware if you don't count the play-off final!
I've beaten Delfino Pescara, Napoli, Milan and Bologna to be here...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :CRY::CONFUSE:

I think so, also depends on regions too. I know on PES 2017 it was tied to which version of the game you bought (EU / NA etc.) for people you could play with. I could play against a mate of mine who lives in North Dakota because he brought his PS4 and copy over from England but couldn't play against people who had bought a US copy of the game.

Are we all primarily from Europe?

The big one, the Coppa Italia final vs Genoa, My first chance of managerial silverware if you don't count the play-off final!
I've beaten Delfino Pescara, Napoli, Milan and Bologna to be here...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :CRY::CONFUSE:

Not even a bleedin' consolation goal. .at least you reached a final. . I never did.

While everyone is getting stuck in with France v France, France v Brazil, Brazil v France, and Brazil v Brazil, I thought I'd try a bit of Tottenham v Real Madrid in the Champions League...

While everyone is getting stuck in with France v France, France v Brazil, Brazil v France, and Brazil v Brazil, I thought I'd try a bit of Tottenham v Real Madrid in the Champions League...

Good vid Geeeee .. . ..would you not do a bit of commentary yourself? You could use phrases like "Go on my son" especially if Son is playing.

After losing in the Coppa Italia final, torino need a result against Juventus to qualify for the champions league...

bugger

Europa league again next year :(

Really long game, Juve are dirty bastards!

Robbie Ryan, the story so far:

Back in 2016, Young unknown Irish manager Robbie Ryan found himself catapulted into management in Southern Italy, taking the head coach job at Bari. With no professional experience under his belt scepticism was high and expectations low, Ryan however had other ideas, his vision promised immediate promotion and the arrival of the recently 'retired' centre forward Luca Toni.

Bari started the season off slowly, with Toni slowly working off that post-retirement weight excess as the season progressed, even though the results weren't great, the tactics 'uninspired' and 'too english' the managers character and enthusiasm started to win the players and the fans over. As 2016 was coming to a close, Toni started firing and the faith that the manager had put into the younger less established players such as Gaetano Monachello and Curtis Yebli really came to fruition. Despite the late surge, Bari finished just outside the play-off places. Most fans and pundits had come to love the character of the Irishman, but a promise was a promise, there was no promotion and regretfully, Ryan resigned the day after the season finished.

In the lull of the off season, Ryan held a low key press conference to announce himself as manager of Ternana, the team had finished 14th, 5 places below Bari, the budget and the expectations were low, in stark contrast to the Irishmans arrival at Bari. Also different was the managers approach, a more fluid flexible 4-5-1 system, built around bright young attacking midfielder Luca Di Livio, brought in to replace his rigid Bari 4-4-2. One thing the manager did bring from Bari however, were the two young bright stars that he gave debuts to as manager, Yebli and Monachello arrived for a very modest fee. The first Ryan-era Ternana season was an inconsistent one that was making the most of a very slim squad, however the points were tallying up from the odd win and draw and the division itself was tight, somehow Ternana found themselves in the play-offs by season end, a remarkable acheivement for both club and manager, despite eventually losing in the semi-finals to Cesena.

The off season meant that Ryan was approaching his 3rd year as a professional manager in Italy and finally had a chance to shape a squad to his own vision, a huge player turnaround and some budget reshuffling left some money to buy experienced solid centre back Bailey Wright over from English side Preston, Karim Boateng joined from former club Bari and Aramu from Pro Vercelli. the additions contributing to a fine late 2017 where Ternana found themselves sealed amongst the play-off positions.

The January transfer window showed the managers true character, where under intense pressure he decided to sell talisman Luca Di Livio for £14m in order to future proof the club for years to come, despite this key sale, the club were future-proofed further when Ternana somehow won the season ending play-offs and were promoted to Serie A. The Gazzeta dello sport described the promotion as 'The miracle of Terni'

The club loaned in some high-profile names such as Marco Van Ginkel and Nabil Bentaleb for their debut Serie A season, finishing a solid 14th with one of the lowest budgets in the division. The manager started a 4th season in charge but was becoming tired and felt that he could take the club no further, with the club in safe hands financially for many years to come, Ryan took over as manager of Torino in January 2021 and guided them steadily to 7th to claim a UEFA cup spot, naturally Ryan brought in his trusted captain Curtis Yebli and also brought over Aramu from Ternana, unfortunately striker Gaetano Monachello was forced to retire age 27 through injury (ie the stupid fucking game).

The next season saw a huge increase in budget as the club pushed for a champions league place, familar names to Ryan such as Marco Van Ginkel arrived on loan and former Ternana star Di Livio was persuaded back to italy, a couple of player sales also funded the arrival of established Serie A striker Arek Milik from Napoli for £17m and the £10m arrival of Centre back Della Giovana from Ternana, that club again to thank Ryan for further financial investment! There were a lot of games in the 2021-22 season and it took its toll on the squad as injuries amassed, somehow the manager got the club through the group stage of the Europa League, eventually losing in the round of 32. This defeat gave the team time to regroup as they went on a winning run to reach the Coppa Italia final and 3rd place in the league with only one game in each competition remaining.

As we saw in the last week, the occasion was unfortunately too big for a manager that came from such humble beginnings and has worked his way up through italian football with virtually little knowledge of it before flying over from south london to join Bari. Torino lost the Coppa Italia final 4-0 to genoa, and lost a final game Turin derby to champions Juventus to finish agonisingly outside the champions league places in 5th. Despite this disappointment, as the new serie A season looms, the name on everyones lips is Robbie Ryan. the name that brings joy to the people of Bari, Terni and now the claret side of Turin.

Robbie Ryan
2016-2017 - Bari - 9th Serie B - Cup 2nd Round
2017-2018 - Ternana - 6th Serie B (Lost in Play-off semi finals) - Cup 1st Round
2018-2019 - Ternana - 3rd Serie B (Won Play off final) - Cup 2nd Round
2019-2020 - Ternana - 14th Serie A - Cup 2nd Round
2020-2021 - Ternana (Until January)
2020-2021 - Torino (From January) - 7th Serie A - Cup Last 16
2021-2022 - Torino - 5th Serie A - Cup Final - Europa League Last 32
2022-2023 - Torino....

I have to say that I am absolutely loving this at the moment as I have found my sweet spot!

I normally start ML with a lower rated team which was great years ago as I had the time to build the team up. But to do that now is near impossible so I never really experience playing top tier football and champions league etc...

But having just started a ML with Spurs it has enabled me to experience the feelings of tough top tier games along with the CL all with the team I support.

I played my first CL group game I think last week and lost 1-0 to Real Madrid, I played my second game last night away against Braga, i think, knowing that I had to get a good result to get back on track. It really was the best match that I have played on PES2017 in fact since PES5 because of the whole atmosphere, everything, both teams playing tense football. Absolutely excellent. The Spurs players playing as they do in real life, some good some bad.

I know there is a lot of hype about PES2018 at the moment, but I very rarely play online and I would prefer to wait for the demo or even the real game to see what the CPU plays like. I played about 4 games of it the other day and even though I enjoyed it, I would have preferred to have played more of my ML.

I will upload the video later...:)

I have to say that I am absolutely loving this at the moment as I have found my sweet spot!

I normally start ML with a lower rated team which was great years ago as I had the time to build the team up. But to do that now is near impossible so I never really experience playing top tier football and champions league etc...

But having just started a ML with Spurs it has enabled me to experience the feelings of tough top tier games along with the CL all with the team I support.

I played my first CL group game I think last week and lost 1-0 to Real Madrid, I played my second game last night away against Braga, i think, knowing that I had to get a good result to get back on track. It really was the best match that I have played on PES2017 in fact since PES5 because of the whole atmosphere, everything, both teams playing tense football. Absolutely excellent. The Spurs players playing as they do in real life, some good some bad.

I know there is a lot of hype about PES2018 at the moment, but I very rarely play online and I would prefer to wait for the demo or even the real game to see what the CPU plays like. I played about 4 games of it the other day and even though I enjoyed it, I would have preferred to have played more of my ML.

I will upload the video later...:)

Great to see you enjoying it Geeeee. . .the only reason I went online to play the beta was to test myself against humans which haven't done for 20 plus years and boy did i get a wake up call . . .I was nervous and rubbish, only starting to get the hang of it now. .totally different to the cpu. .. hopefully we'll get a good Ml this year.

Great to see you enjoying it Geeeee. . .the only reason I went online to play the beta was to test myself against humans which haven't done for 20 plus years and boy did i get a wake up call . . .I was nervous and rubbish, only starting to get the hang of it now. .totally different to the cpu. .. hopefully we'll get a good Ml this year.

Yeh i know what you mean about nerves online. I get kinda nervous too even just picking my team with that timer counting down 120, 119...10, 9 etc...

I got nervous in the CL match i played against Braga. Don't know what i will be like if i got to a final.

Here is Tottenham's game against Club Brugge, the second match in the CL.

We need to avoid defeat or even get a win if we are to stay on track...

Also, does anyone know how to keep the CF in the center when using "hug the touchline"?

Here is Tottenham's game against Club Brugge, the second match in the CL.

We need to avoid defeat or even get a win if we are to stay on track...

Also, does anyone know how to keep the CF in the center when using "hug the touchline"?

Great win geeeee your play looks sharper since you played the beta.

Great win geeeee your play looks sharper since you played the beta.

Thanks Deco, I'm playing better since the beta, heh heh.

You won't be saying that after my next game away to Stoke :(

Deco, it looks like you are loving the new one :)

Back
Top Bottom