The Master League adventures thread

Yes Ianni.

You rock, mate. In fact, I started to play full manual (no advanced through ball, tho) because of you. I really like your footage and it's just a different game for me, now. This, plus playing ML with fake players, is love for me: I just discovered that players are totally different from each other (the so called "there is no player individuality"). I have a 66 DMF that plays like a 80, and some 70 that plays like a 65. It's just madness :_). So thank you :D

You rock, mate. In fact, I started to play full manual (no advanced through ball, tho) because of you. I really like your footage and it's just a different game for me, now. This, plus playing ML with fake players, is love for me: I just discovered that players are totally different from each other (the so called "there is no player individuality"). I have a 66 DMF that plays like a 80, and some 70 that plays like a 65. It's just madness :_). So thank you :D

Ianni you will get used to manual the more that you play it. . .yeh there is individuality . .. it's all about enjoying the games .

All the things that are said the game lacks: fouls, individuality, midfield battle, are there for me more than ever. The cam angle, the teams defending all on their side, freekicks I kicked and got a goal, through balls that are beautiful. Last match I had 30 shots, 13 on target and lost 1-0 because I'm still getting used to manual shooting; so when I score I get so much joy...

Alright there are two legs of the cup and I lost the first one 1-0. So I gotta win by 2 goals atleast to qualify. However this takes turn for the worse at the end of the first half.

Reached the final of the coppa Italia today, was denied a peno in the first leg...

:SHOCK:

After a series of silly scorelines and defeats. .Leeds are trying be more defensive and face Charlton in their next match . . .a tight affair with some good battles all over the pitch.

I personally love this thread but I wish there was a way to quickly watch the older ML videos so that I can understand the story line and the context behind the season(including transfers/rumors, matches, ML drama, etc). For example, I am watching Deco, robbieryan and isurepear but it is hard to find the first story/video of a series. I think the OP can make stories of each users in an organized fashion so that I can get the context behind a season/team.

I personally love this thread but I wish there was a way to quickly watch the older ML videos so that I can understand the story line and the context behind the season(including transfers/rumors, matches, ML drama, etc). For example, I am watching Deco, robbieryan and isurepear but it is hard to find the first story/video of a series. I think the OP can make stories of each users in an organized fashion so that I can get the context behind a season/team.

Topaz a picture (video) can paint a thousand words. . . that's my excuse .. .I'm not a tech savvy person like the other lads . . .they seem to put up dialogue and I put up videos and Isureaper puts up both. I'm coming to the end of my third season and am 4th from bottom in div 2 . . but I will try to add in information for my fourth season as in transfers numbering of matches etc, btw I like your commentary . .you seem to get very emotional and caught up in it and some of it is unintentionally funny.

Have you ever pictured a move in your head 4 moves out and it turns out exactly as you saw it?. Birmingham had just equalised against Leeds in the last game of the season Pes 2016 ML and get caught cold straight after it . . .match ended 2-2. . .note in the left hand corner of the screen Birmingham switched their tactics to defence after scoring and when they immediately launch an attack they switch tactics to attack. . .. .. .love to see that in the game.

Do you guys ever take your ML teams outside of Master League and play in exhibition games or cups at all? I've started playing on PC again so trying to catch my new ML team up to my old one - realised that after the first season was over that it was pretty fun to arrange a Konami cup with a bunch of teams (Man City, Real Madrid & LA Galaxy) and treat it like a pre-season tour.

As much as I'd have loved for something like that to be in the actual ML itself it's a nice little work around. Only downside to it is that you often play against players / teams that have different lineups in ML compared to usual.

I've also refused to sign Lukaku in this version of the same ML after he signed for Man Utd. Gutted.

Do you guys ever take your ML teams outside of Master League and play in exhibition games or cups at all? I've started playing on PC again so trying to catch my new ML team up to my old one - realised that after the first season was over that it was pretty fun to arrange a Konami cup with a bunch of teams (Man City, Real Madrid & LA Galaxy) and treat it like a pre-season tour.

As much as I'd have loved for something like that to be in the actual ML itself it's a nice little work around. Only downside to it is that you often play against players / teams that have different lineups in ML compared to usual.

I've also refused to sign Lukaku in this version of the same ML after he signed for Man Utd. Gutted.

Morata is a better fit for us. I'm glad Lukaku didn't sign.

Morata is a better fit for us. I'm glad Lukaku didn't sign.
Morata hasn't played in the Premier League, as much as I think Lukaku is a bit of a donkey he did score 17 goals in the Prem as a 19 year old for West Brom. And has had 20+ goal seasons for the last 4 years at Everton, he's been great in the league. We know what we'd be getting with Lukaku, Morata is unknown in the Premier League.

To be fair, I'm not completely against Batsman starting for us.

Lukaku mostly scored because he played with a team which plays counter attack, he had most of the time space to play. With us, he'd not get all the space he had, he has a poor first touch, poor link-up play. I'm sure he'll score between 20-30 goals with United, but he will be useless against top teams.

Morata has the best goal ratio per minute from la Liga 16/17, he didn't play much though. He had great games against top team like Bayern, Real, Barça, City. Just see his assist against Bayern, that was Messi-esque. He looks a lot like young Torres to me. But i get your point, Morata is more of a bet than Lukaku, but if it pays off it could work wonder with Hazard/Pedro/Willian.

Lukaku mostly scored because he played with a team which plays counter attack, he had most of the time space to play. With us, he'd not get all the space he had, he has a poor first touch, poor link-up play. I'm sure he'll score between 20-30 goals with United, but he will be useless against top teams.

Morata has the best goal ratio per minute from la Liga 16/17, he didn't play much though. He had great games against top team like Bayern, Real, Barça, City. Just see his assist against Bayern, that was Messi-esque. But i get your point, Morata is more of a bet than Lukaku, but if it pays off it could work wonder with Hazard/Pedro/Willian.

Well guys I think Lukaku would have suited Chelsea perfectly. . . I feel Morata is a bit lightweight for the Premiership. ..don't think he will handle the physical side . .anyway Mourinho signed Lukaku to spite Chelsea. . . he never rated him at Chelsea.

Well guys I think Lukaku would have suited Chelsea perfectly. . . I feel Morata is a bit lightweight for the Premiership. ..don't think he will handle the physical side . .anyway Mourinho signed Lukaku to spite Chelsea. . . he never rated him at Chelsea.

Well, i don't think so. Morata has the quality and strength for playing as a target man. In fact, i think Lukaku is actually stronger than him, but doesn't use his body to his full potential. Lukaku ain't Drogba.

Well, i don't think so. Morata has the quality and strength for playing as a target man. In fact, i think Lukaku is actually stronger than him, but doesn't use his body to his full potential. Lukaku ain't Drogba.

Well we will have to wait and see.

Well we will have to wait and see.
Yup, until we see all the teams lineup once the transfer window has closed there'll be a lot of chat and discussion about every possible option. Don't wanna take this thread too off topic!

When my current season ends I might do a 'story so far' post about my career so far

Ok this is P.Escobar's 4th season in charge of Leeds United. . and it has to be said that it has been somewhat disappointing for the fans with not much to cheer about except some nice football but the results are not what they expected. Escobar is a colourful character and they knew his appointment was risky. . .he knows that this year is vital for a big improvement if he is to stay in the job.

Leeds have finished in the bottom six for the last 3 seasons and the pressure is on. . although he didn't spend any money in his first season he splashed out in the second season and being from Colombia he mainly bought players from the South American leagues.. .strikers Cavasa, Zambrano and a Romanian Andone were bought along with Tejeda and Renan two excellent midfielders.

Season 3 he bought Denner a winger .. Pinares an attacking midfielder along with Mastour . . . the man believes in playing attractive football but knows a strong defence is vital. .. in the meantime selling the deadwood to balance the books. . he strengthened the defence and bought Elvedi a promising young Swiss player.. .Italian defenders Calabresi and Giovanna .. .Encinas from Bolivia and Gonzalez from Spain and Sarr from France all good prospects for the future...
He brought two reserve keepers Romo and limenza from South America but then got the bad news that Bartley at centre back and Doukare a useful striker were retiring at 26.

Season 4 he has brought in Cervera an excellent Amf and swooped for a badly needed target man in Lucas Joao from Blackburn.. .the objective this year is to finish in the top ten if not make the playoffs .. . . ..First match up is a tough tie away to QPR.

Ok this is P.Escobar's 4th season in charge of Leeds United. . and it has to be said that it has been somewhat disappointing for the fans with not much to cheer about except some nice football but the results are not what they expected. Escobar is a colourful character and they knew his appointment was risky. . .he knows that this year is vital for a big improvement if he is to stay in the job.

Leeds have finished in the bottom six for the last 3 seasons and the pressure is on. . although he didn't spend any money in his first season he splashed out in the second season and being from Colombia he mainly bought players from the South American leagues.. .strikers Cavasa, Zambrano and a Romanian Andone were bought along with Tejeda and Renan two excellent midfielders.

Season 3 he bought Denner a winger .. Pinares an attacking midfielder along with Mastour . . . the man believes in playing attractive football but knows a strong defence is vital. .. in the meantime selling the deadwood to balance the books. . he strengthened the defence and bought Elvedi a promising young Swiss player.. .Italian defenders Calabresi and Giovanna .. .Encinas from Bolivia and Gonzalez from Spain and Sarr from France all good prospects for the future...
He brought two reserve keepers Romo and limenza from South America but then got the bad news that Bartley at centre back and Doukare a useful striker were retiring at 26.

Season 4 he has brought in Cervera an excellent Amf and swooped for a badly needed target man in Lucas Joao from Blackburn.. .the objective this year is to finish in the top ten if not make the playoffs .. . . ..First match up is a tough tie away to QPR.

I enjoyed that game Deco, beautiful equaliser. That guy who scored for you with the hair, is that the same guy that was in your other ML team? The one from the Monkees? :P

I've started a cup with exhibition matches. I've been editing the players as I go along and been having some good games. I was gonna post 2 videos in this thread but thought I may get a slapped wrist for off topic so I posted them in the video thread though I think that's mostly for goals not highlights. ;)

I enjoyed that game Deco, beautiful equaliser. That guy who scored for you with the hair, is that the same guy that was in your other ML team? The one from the Monkees? :P

I've started a cup with exhibition matches. I've been editing the players as I go along and been having some good games. I was gonna post 2 videos in this thread but thought I may get a slapped wrist for off topic so I posted them in the video thread though I think that's mostly for goals not highlights. ;)

Lol no geeee the hair guy was Fernandes ,, the guy that scored is called Denner a Brazilian. . ..I didn't know that you had vids up elsewhere. . .I'll have a look out for your vids in future.

Matchday 2
Second game of the season coming up for Leeds. ..another away tie, this time we're up against Birmingham. . .Escobar looking for centre forward Lucas Joao to get his name on to the scoresheet to boost his confidence. ..Joao's an ideal foil for runners from the midfield to latch onto knockdowns and is quite useful at holding the ball up.. . Escobar feels that his side should take care of an average Birmingham team and expects the 3 points .. even though Leeds are away from home.

Matchday 3

Ok so far so good. . Leeds about to play their first match at home, an important match as the pressure is on Escobar since the end of last season when some sections of the fans were calling for his head. ..he knows his team need a win especially in the first home game as it could alleviate a bit of pressure and relax the team.
They face Brentford today, a team that has given them problems in the past and could easily turn them over . .

A worthy winner from Andone, great stuff.

Thanks bud . ..Off topic Super there was a great documentary last week on Irish tv about John Giles career . . .a lot of stuff about the old Leeds team under Revie some good footage. . .he loved Giles and wanted him to take over Leeds when he retired which I didn't know. It's obvious that the main thread is shut down . . half the gang bored and looking at the Ml thread Lol!

Back
Top Bottom