The Master League adventures thread

@Anjin Miura, yep i agree maybe it was just well balanced in PES5 but definately stat based too for me. Again, a defender makes a mistake in PES5 and it could be that he is just rubbish stats wise or mentality and stamina is low, but in newer PES' (like Deco's video) any player can make that type of mistake, its a lottery.

Things like conceding a goal, in PES5 we have all had it when suddenly your players cannot pass. That's a combination of Mentality, Stamina, and Team Work stats.

It can also happen when you score a goal, your players stop playing properly because they have 'relaxed'.

Other times, you score and then go on to get 4 more goals. That's because the other team's 'heads have dropped'. All stat based.

But in newer ones, that is a complete lottery in my opinion. Because those stats dont exist anymore. In PES5 players like Gerrard and Lampard would 'roll their sleeves up' because that was the type of players they were. Unfortunately those types of things dont happen anymore.

Trying to score, turning on the pressure, just like we would do against the CPU if losing.

Ive had games where the CPU had bombarded me attack after attack at the end and times when my defender has made a mistake and in the back of my mind i'm thinking 'ok they are going to score' but they don't. They get a corner and im still thinking the same but i'm able to head it away.

Nope, i havent experienced scripting in PES5. Need to agree to disagree i'm afraid Deco. ;)

Sure, no probs geeeee . .don't take no shit buddy ha ha.

@Deco, seriously though i used to think i was being cheated all the time. The amount of controllers I went through because of the frustration. But eventually I thought let me just calm down a bit and see if I can defend better, watch the ball not the man and just kick it up field if I have to rather than play it around. Once I got the hang of it then it worked, I was able to stop the 'script' but that is with years of play and improving players in my ML squad.

Then when I did a lot of editing changing stats and stuff, I realised that increasing 'Mentality' helped the CPU play better, not crumble when losing. I just wanted to extend the longevity of the game and it worked.

But yeh maybe there is scripting but it has to do with your players stats, if they are good they will perform better and make less mistakes. In the new ones they seem to make mistakes whatever their stats are. It's like I can have a good GK in goal that will still not save shots that a bad GK would let in.

@Deco, seriously though i used to think i was being cheated all the time. The amount of controllers I went through because of the frustration. But eventually I thought let me just calm down a bit and see if I can defend better, watch the ball not the man and just kick it up field if I have to rather than play it around. Once I got the hang of it then it worked, I was able to stop the 'script' but that is with years of play and improving players in my ML squad.

Then when I did a lot of editing changing stats and stuff, I realised that increasing 'Mentality' helped the CPU play better, not crumble when losing. I just wanted to extend the longevity of the game and it worked.

But yeh maybe there is scripting but it has to do with your players stats, if they are good they will perform better and make less mistakes. In the new ones they seem to make mistakes whatever their stats are. It's like I can have a good GK in goal that will still not save shots that a bad GK would let in.

Scripting was very bad in Pes 2013 and Pes 2016. . .I didn't find it too bad in Pes 2017. I can hardly remember the early Pes titles Geeeee. . . .old age.

So mentally in PES 5 is kinda like a composure stat. The higher the mentality, the less error prone they are?

Brentford v Leeds goals . .. .for all of my efforts we're still languishing down at the bottom.

So mentally in PES 5 is kinda like a composure stat. The higher the mentality, the less error prone they are?

Yeh it determines how well they perform when tired, losing, or even winning. I have played games in PES5 when you score and then for some reason some players forget how to pass or react slow. That will be to do with Mentality. Like real life, your team scores then becomes complacent sometimes ;)

Okay sooo...I guess this is most likely the last update on Spezia Calcio's road to glory. :) :(

Here have a look:

dlOdDXj.jpg

How did this ever happen? Well...

Benfica got shafted hard, 0:5 in Portugal and I just skipped second game. Result was 1:0 for Benfica but well it meant nothing.

PSG was next. First game was really good football, I was really defensive and cautious. They messed up twice, and so we won away game 2:1. Barely. Second leg was really nervous early on but later PSG just collapsed. Kurzawa just gave away the ball to us twice, and also slashed Perica in penalty box. Overall it ended 4:0 for Spezia and Real was next.

Now that was a fucking disappointment! Not sure what their tactics was supposed to be, seemed to me like utter chaos with no defenders. 15 minutes and we lead them 3:0. What the hell. This one wasn't actually even funny. Real managed to concede another three, and since I wasn't bothered with focusing anymore they've also scored two. Still, 6:2 is hillarious result. How? Is TS 97 really that OP? I know I had up to 4 players developing dramatically (you know, flashing arrow) all the time and our OPR really went up but really? Decided to skip away game, Real won 2:0 but that could never be enough.

Grand finale with Juventus. Really scrappy game but Juve was awful up front. Mazzitelli with a header, Petagna with noice manual 1v1 finish and with 2:0 result we win entire Europe.

What the shit.

YR4jZ95.jpg

We were crowned champions in 36th Fixture after 0:0 draw against Fiorentina (they suck! worst football ever, unfun and shitty) and Juve somehow lost against Torino. Skipped last games because why bother. 87 goals in 38 games is impressive. Petagna had 27 of them, Perica about 20. Petagna really came back, he had terrible year but then started developing again and became even more dangerous than before. Overall I guess he had something like 35 goals in 42 games which is wow. Perica was 33 in 45 so guess he did great too.

rOoIril.jpg

I've barely started next season and put Superstar on. Supercoppa we've won against Genoa 1:0 and UEFA Super Cup we've lost against Schalke 1:2. Only thing about Superstar is that...game's even faster o_O And I was really tired and shouldn't play the damn game. Last thing I really want to win is club world championship, don't even care about TIM Cup I have the worst luck in that one. And Spezia will only get stronger, my players still have at least 2-3 years to develop, I'm being offered up to 25M€ for Angelino, Petagna and Perica, not to mention Auwa came back from loan even better and even my subs are in great shape. This machine is set to dominate and fuck shit up every single year. I'd only have to adjust to Superstar and we could go but...

idIIU9x.jpg

...I guess I need to take a break. And reconsider stuff. In PES 15 I've abandoned PA1 because I felt cheated by the game and went to manual. Now I came back to PA1, since I wanted to get familliar with the game again but now I admit it's either too restrictive or too easy, depending on how we look at it. I like playing long marathons, up to 20 games in a row and when I'm tired I resort to automatic passes, which I'm not exactly against but it could be better!

So we have 2017 PA1 (too easy/restrictive) and 2018 PA1 will be most likely like older ones. I hate it! Not only I feel cheated, I can simply pass more accurately with manual passing. Is it time to go manual again?

I am thinking of new ML, manual shooting/passing and Superstar difficulty. I'm so scared of scripts! This shit ruins the fun. Maybe I'll start with Top Player for a season, or even half of it, and then go to Superstar? I gotta think about it.

pi6VOwj.jpg

Also I know more about transfers now. It's worthless to buy mid-level players worth around 5M€. Clubs demand at least twice as much for them. It's better to buy someone in 2-3M€ range, with crucial stats higher than their OPR. If they have Youth Prospect / Protege already then even better. I could've managed my finances slightly better early on. And players prices go up relatively quickly, so you can buy low and sell high no problems. I'm actually thinking about having more than 23 players, just to try them all out and be able to sell ones not gud enough for a profit.

Lots of ramblings and theories here. Hope you understand? I'm off to check out potential new teams. I'd actually not mind picking team from PAS or PEU League. Alternatively something from England, I've never had English team I just hate them all with passion :( Maybe that's the time? Alternatively Spain. France I've had some experience with, Portugal was in PES 16 and Netherlands in PES 15. So England or Spain it will be. :D

I'll be streaming two or three matches in my ML campaign at 9 p.m. UK time (about 40 minutes from now) I'll have a cam and mic as well.
Twitch.tv/daretostream

In the event that Chile - Germany goes into overtime, the stream will be delayed until that match is over.

Last edited:
Yeh it determines how well they perform when tired, losing, or even winning. I have played games in PES5 when you score and then for some reason some players forget how to pass or react slow. That will be to do with Mentality. Like real life, your team scores then becomes complacent sometimes ;)

I think this was an amazing thing. I loved these kind of things in pes5/6, where you'd check every stats before buying a player. I remember there was a player with very high stats in technique, speed and strength but he had really poor mentality and stamina. I was only playing him as super-sub, because he was so unreliable as a starter.

Damn it Konami, why did you remove all these stats for no reason ???!

Last edited:
I think this was an amazing thing. I loved these kind of things in pes5/6, where you'd check every stats before buying a player. I remember there was a player with very high stats in technique, speed and strength but he had really poor mentality and stamina. I was only playing him as super-sub, because he was so unreliable as a starter.

Damn it Konami, why did you remove all these stats for no reason ???!

Yep definitely, i bought a winger once who had most stats in the red. He looked fantastic on paper and he was pacey which was always a good thing. But when it came to the final ball or shooting he just lost his composure. I persevered with him for a couple of seasons but in the end i sold him because he was so inconsistent. I think his Team Work was low or something.

I really hope the new one brings back these individual players and stats and fuels my imagination. :P

Rotherham v Leeds good game . ..AI tried to stitch me up by crocking my centre forward after I had used up all my subs. . ..nice move at 5 mins on the video . .if that header had have floated into the top corner. .wow.

2 of Brighton's goals v Leeds in an easy victory. .second is a classic sucker punch counter.. .

Building up to the Community Shield, there was always going to be a bit of spice to the game as we took on Spurs at Wembley. In a fiery game, Eden Hazard was injured by Wanyama in the first half who received a straight red for his challenge. It seemed that David Luiz took it personally, receiving a red card in the second half, after coming straight through the back of Dele Alli. In terms of the football, Lukaku, Bakayoko and Alex Sandro all made their debuts for Chelsea with Lukaku grabbing a goal just before half time. Spurs equalised through Harry Kane early on in the second half before Pedro scored the winner after a great counter attack started by Thibaut Courtois in goal.

Heading into the first game of the season and Chelsea had a relatively simple first 3 games. Away to West Brom, away to Newcastle and then home to Middlesbrough to see out August and the end of the transfer window.

A narrow win over West Brom saw Lukaku score an 80th minute winner in typical Lukaku fashion, the ball bobbling through a defender after a heavy touch before rifling a shot into the top corner.

Newcastle posed a different kind of threat after their impressive 3-0 win over rivals Sunderland in the opening game. Chelsea controlled the game, pressing for the majority of the game and a 2-0 win was made a lot easier thanks to goals from Michy Batshuayi and Lukaku. Still wary of Hazard's injury (with 7 weeks out) Willian and Pedro were both in fine form.

The UEFA player of the year awards saw former Chelsea striker Diego Costa, now of Borussia Dortmund, win UEFA's player of the year - paying tribute to his former club as he claimed the prize.

With the end of the transfer window approaching, Chelsea were keen to add some additional resource to their backline signing Antonio Rüdiger from AS Roma in a £17 million deal. Leicester City also came in with an offer for Dom Solanke and Chelsea reluctantly let the talent England U20 striker leave for £8 million. It had been reported that Solanke had rejected Chelsea's last two contract offers and the club were looking to cash in on him rather than let him leave for free.

In a surprising enquiry, Arsenal came in to offer Alexis Sanchez for Cesc Fabregas, an offer that was rejected by Chelsea. Surprising considering the ability that Alexis has but with Hazard's return from injury in a few weeks time, that will feel like an entirely new signing all together.

Heading into the final game in August, Chelsea had their first home game against Middlesbrough. In a tense game with 9 yellow cards it took a piece of magic from Willian to break the deadlock shortly before half time.

Lukaku grabbed two late on in the game before a second yellow for Barragan saw Middlesbrough finish with 10 men - a 3-0 win for Chelsea that sees them top of the table at the end of August.

The team of the month made for some interesting viewing as well, Chelsea's Alex Sandro becoming only Chelsea's second defender to make the team of the month awards in the past 12 months.

The Champions League group stage draw also saw Chelsea involved, drawn into a group with AS Monaco, AS Roma and Dinamo Zagreb with a tricky opening tie away at Roma. After a year hiatus away from European football, Chelsea will be keen to lay down an early marker and finish first in a tricky group.

im thinking abt installing this again, do u have any link for download?

There is no legal way to get this game for free(well not in PC atleast). You can find it on torrent. It's called Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution online FIXED!. However, when I installed, I didn't install the kitserver that came with it and instead used my own patch.

First match in the CUP. Spoiler Alert: I had wasted so many chances.

Now THAT was scripting Topaz.
I saw a few instances where the AI tackled someone in the final third, and the ball deflection also happened to be a perfect pass to someone in the midfield...

Watching this reminded me of why I abandoned PES until last year, these matches - particularly cup games - were the fucking pits.

Those "wasted chances" and the magically deflected tackle-passes are the AI screwing you over. I couldn't go back to that, I had so many years of it that I had to quit PES.

Last edited:
I saw a few instances where the AI tackled someone, and the ball deflection also happened to be a perfect pass...

Watching this reminded me of why I abandoned PES until last year, these matches - particularly cup games - were the fucking pits.

Yeh they were very frustrating ... .I know a lot of people rave about the old games but the scripting could be lousy in them.

Last gasp equalizer for Leeds away to Bristol City. . . the swerve on the ball makes me forgive all the bad things about the game.

i agree about the swerve, its very realistic how to score screamers in this game

Back
Top Bottom