The Master League adventures thread

Match 4 of the second season with Leeds and we've lost the first 3 matches. ... . the pressure is on big time. ..a visit to the tractor boys . . . a great save from the Ipswich keeper in the 81st min .. ... a touch of the glove to redirect a certain goal.

Dayum @tomj I woulda watch it if I was at home but I just came back :( Some ML livestreams would be nice. I could try one meself but I'd have to set up so much crap I'm tired just thinking about it.

TL;DR more of the gud shit plz!
It worked quite nicely! It's really good for chatting with people whilst playing to be fair, @Isslander gave me some really good advice on signings to make and it was pretty fun to play whilst people are asking about signings etc.

I'll keep posting in here about the season, almost finished my first season with Chelsea (although I've restricted myself from signing anyone for the first year) - I'll be streaming for about 1h30 now if anyone is keen, 25 games into the season and 1 point clear at the top!

https://www.twitch.tv/tomjpes

Update!

27 games into the season now, 2 points clear of Man Utd at the top and I play them in 2/3 games time, could really be a massive game to decide the title. Biggest surprise is seeing Crystal Palace up in 4th, they beat me 3-0 earlier on in the year for one of my only 2 losses (the other being to Man Utd). Liverpool have been struggling and find themselves out of the top 10 as well.

FsU8ZTA.png

Because of my self implied rule of not signing any players until Summer 2017 I've had to make do with the current squad, we've reshuffled a bit and Solanke, Kenedy and Chalobah were all sent out on loan. Christensen was recalled from his Borussia Mönchengladbach loan and has been a really key part of the 3 man defence with Azpilicueta moving to RWB.

Costa, Hazard and Pedro have all been formidable up front, Costa with 16 goals so far and Pedro with 10 goals and 10 assists. Hazard currently has 8 goals and 14 assists to lead the assists chart, we have the best defensive record in the league but definitely tended to concede a few surprising goals at time. The 3-0 loss to Palace saw a big change to the way we defended with Azpi as the RCB, having a shorter centre back allowed for bigger teams to really take advantage so Christensen comes into that role against the teams with a stronger and taller CF.

Heading into the last 11 games of the season now, hopefully should finish them off by today and can make some summer signings!

This morning's two games on stream can be watched here, away at Leicester and home to West Ham. Starting 6 minutes into the stream.

Last edited:
Heading into the last 3 games of the season with a 3 point lead over Manchester United in second place, ended up drawing 1-1 with them at Old Trafford with a late equaliser by Diego Costa but they so easily could have stolen it right at the end with two shots hitting the post in the 93rd minute.

A slight injury scare to 10 goals and 13 assist man Eden Hazard but fortunately it was only 2 weeks, meaning he missed the run in against Brighton and Bournemouth - a 4-0 and 3-1 win, respectively. Both Pedro and Hazard have now crossed into double figures for goals and assists this season and Willian has chipped in with his fair share from the bench too. With 5 games to go we played Crystal Palace at home and Huddersfield, who have already been relegated, away. Beating Palace 1-0 with a Hazard curler just after half time was good revenge for earlier in the season when they dismantled us 3-0 at Selhurst Park and going into the Huddersfield game, with 4 games to go and a 5 point lead in the title race everything was looking good!

Starting really well with a lot of possession and a few early shots, Diego Costa fired this potential goal of the season in half way through the first half to put Chelsea in the lead.

giphy.gif

Unfortunately that was the only shot on target for the rest of the half as we struggled to create any real decent chances despite good possession. It all went a bit Pete Tong right at the end with Huddersfield grabbing an unlikely equaliser with their only shot on goal, deflecting off Cahill past Courtois meaning that it was 1-1 between the league leaders and bottom placed side.

It's a 3 point gap at the top with three games to go - away at Liverpool, home to West Brom and away to Spurs - 2 really tricky games in there to negotiate.

I'll be streaming the final 3 games at 7pm (GMT) on Twitch if anyone would like to watch too - https://www.twitch.tv/tomjpes

Last edited:
Okay it's my turn to share little roleplaying bit, showcasing my very own idea of what I as Master League manager coach type person I would what be like (what). Whatever. You get what I mean!

Yes you do.

(...)meanwhile, in Group C, Spezia Calcio's American European Dream something continues. Enigmatic band of second-hand Italian talents and rejects from all over the world has shocked the world again. Third place in Serie A last season was considered a lucky shot, one-time Leicester-type gig that'll come to an end soon. Spezia, with minimal budget and "starless" team was considered a point deliverer(erer), drawn together with Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and VfL Wolfsburg. And their first three games sucked indeed, Italians got goalless draw with Germans and lost 0-1 to both Atleti and Gunners. Spezia's boss, raging old Italian man Angelo Miuratti promised to take his revenge in rematches. Arsenal got the shit beaten out of it with easy 4:2 and hattrick from Stipe Perica. Wolfsburg had to leave three points in Italy too after Hirasawa's goal in the first half. Atletico was to be next...

Spezia was dominating again, dominating the field with top notch passing game and tight defending. Alas, one lucky ball to Kevin Gameiro in 70th minute gave Spaniards the lead. That's when the armageddon begun. Perica equalised five minutes later. Petagna, Hirasawa and Vitor Gomes kept bombarding Oblak's goal until Japanese midfielder finally ruined his day in 93rd minute with a decent shot from the edge of penalty box. Result meant nothing for Atleti as they've already advanced to Champions League's Last 16 but crazy Miuratti and his boys have proven Europe wrong. With ten points they took second place and their next rivals, Ajax Amsterdam, are literally pissing their pants thinking about facing them.

Shortly after Spezia's game with Altetico we've caught Angelo Miuratti to chat with him for a bit.

NwUMA34.jpg

Entire Europe was laughing at you and your ramblings, and now they cannot believe what they see. Arsenal is out of Champions League and little Spezia Calcio is through to fight for the trophy!
Well...yeah, sort of.

What was the key to turn the tide?
Winning. We've won three games, got nine points, moved to second place. That's how it works mate.

But I mean...you know...football-wise?
We just had to git gud. Most of our team are football no-names, young lads who thought Serie B is peak of their abilities. It's all in their heads. We really could win all six games, it was close. In our first game with Atletico they've managed to score in 95th minute, until then it was anyone's game. Arsenal was lucky to score, Wolfsburg was lucky to not concede...but eventually we came back to slay them all.

Same as with Milan and Juventus?
Sorta. They really shafted us last season. And this year we've beaten both. Lads finally feel valuable. They are not only good in the legs, but in the head, too, yes. In the head. Somebody cares about them...I mean, me. I do all of this shit. I am the manager...boss...best man person?

kHJ7t8J.jpg

Can Spezia really fight for the Serie A title this year?

I see no problem. It's not like we're disallowed from winning or something. Spezia has won the league once and it was only because Allies occupied two thirds of Italy and there was barely anyone to play against. It's not even an official title goddamit. We need a legit one now! Same with Champions League...

I understand the optimism and admire the bravery but do you honestly believe you can stand a chance against Barcelona or Manchester City?
Listen up matey boy. They told me I have no chance to stand against poverty and will end up being a sad, broken man - and I won. They told me I'll never be football coach and I became one. They told me I'll never get to manage Serie B team - and I came to Spezia. They told me we can never get promoted to Serie A - and we've beaten the shit out of everyone in play-offs. They told me we'll get relegated from Serie A and we've won Champions League ticket. They told me even if we'll beat Arsenal and Wolfsburg we won't beat Altetico...and well it happened like five minutes ago.

Every single time one of you cunts tell me I can't do shit I know I can. Every single time you say I can't do something it becomes 1% more likely. Watch me.

QkK4cnC.jpg

Umm...yeeeah...
You wot mate?

Let's...talk about...Spezia.
Spezia is great. Good city. Nice people. Decent food. Unlike Genoa. Genoa sucks shit man. They're the worst.

I mean football, football I meaan!
Oh don't even get me started so far we've ruined their shit every single time. Both Genoa and Sampdoria. Worst. Teams. Ever.

Not to mention Trapani now that's some serious dipshi...

...Adam & Asim Football Rating Company rates Spezia Calcio's Team Spirit at 95/99. Would you agree with that?
Well yeah we're all about that spirit, all about that Kampfgeist burning inside us. We are warriors, born to fight, live and die until we win like gladiators and stuff. Like I'm tellin' you it's crazy mate...

But also they rate your Team Strength at 71/99...
...oh hell no that's some grade A bullshit right there. And anyway, what is this, some shitty soccer videogame on PolyStation? Get out of my face! We're the best! Always maximum strength, maximum power, we are strong and relevant and best team in life!...

...umm, should I...should I go now...
Actually no, you can ask me one more question.

Who would you like to play against in Champions League Last 16?
Barcelona. Or Real. Preferably both. To prove that Euromoney, or Sovietmoney, or even Arabmoney is not what makes a great team. We can take them on. All of them. At once. All day and all night 24/7 I swear mate!

Oh oka...
That's the last question. Get out!

______

I've had a bit of crisis, also Sassuolo knocked me out of TIM Cup xDDD But it's going great. Still loving it.

Last edited:
Well i think i'll also do some roleplay.
By the way last season, my controller've broken so I play in semi-assisted (ended up winning the league by 20pts)....meh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We managed out to talk with the trainer of Newcastle United FC, the team of the moment, winning trophy after trophy, last week they've eliminated Real Madrid from the UEFA Champions League, and runs 1st on the Premier League with a big difference, this team just continue breaking records.

y4mvjYgXkV49dG5xx-pg6HCy-ewfBs8JA2rVB2cm_Fx65DPbDW6MIAzIk_cHS_PpSEQiIIyknTvi-qoaoUzWZYkqe1UXQriF2k3MiIQnt74l1Aj1EXjPgAiXy8nDUrzB0F2wDiRIO-_DKyslKH91w-e7jRBW_GnMvVEOAY9PnP_L9RRVqJF0FBpCzF_sn4JjZO29txxlGkGfTmQZDw-KpgAbQ

Well at this point, what can you say? you are in your 7th season on this team so far. You started saying that you'll take Newcastle back to his glory days, nobody believed you but there you are: 5 Champions League, 1 Europe League, 5 Club World Cups, 5 UEFA Supercups, 4 FA Cups, 6 Premier Leagues, and the list continues.
It feels good to see what i did in this years, this is an incredible club and my players feel that, everyone that enters this team have to feel it, this is why we won, the supporters always cheers every match, we're like a family, that is the felling that made me choice Newcastle.
What can you say about players like Embolo, Rashford or Galdames?
Well, Galdames got into the team in my first season, he was just a 19 year old kid, but now he's a "Hero" in the club, I feel very proud of his growth, back to our first season on Premier League he was awarded "best player of the league", incredible for a CM by the way, now he is the best "all around" player in the world in my opinion, his dribbling skills, passing, are complemented by a insane defensive ability recovering a lot of balls and being the center of our play.
About Rashford and Embolo, what can i say? the "Superstar" and the "Legend", they both fight every year to become Ballon d'Or, but also they always do assistences, just insane how they've growth by this time.
Embolo's drible and passing are really good for a ST, always score at least one goal and is our captain and leader
Rashford besides, doesn't have an equal passing ability, but in speed and shots nobody compares to him, they are just a killer duo, the best that I could wish.
Some newspaper now calls Premier League a "running of Newcastle against Newcastle", you just fight with your own records, what is the key to win everything?
Trust I would say, also having knowledge of your players, they change within time, so i need to update my tactics, first seasons we where a team that used a lot the speed, and that ended up with a lot of goals in our goal, we won, but it's not the same winning 4-3, to win 3-0, we need to work well in all our lines, this is why we are a "slower" team. We now end up league with over 100 goals scored, and a max of like 10 in our goal.
Lets see the table:
y4muh1tH160h43jLVrO9nFqUWq50RfbFcRNfUKPsP3UyeppxQfYx09LVIbe_r7uTZnI6DJhgsgOkKswXj-zwrx-zVhg95R3WGDHURu98GCgTLjQYc4FvywuEhtgdudaKTf06RHCXs0MhKsvlpSQ1LHUoYarNyOAUWOKs6fcA2WfBLx_Jz1nec_9Jo84rvCLQYbp_9m9hQCUU84hall421qWjQ

This Season you've had a lot of defensive problems compared to last one, some experts're saying that it's time to add "new blood" to the system, what do you think?
I don't think that....it's true..... they are not that 20 years old kids anymore, running all the match. Most of them are coming to their 30's but that traduces into experience, they have still a lot of years before their retirement (yeah sure, fu** develop system). Also this is the Premier League, the hardest in my opinion, so we're not expecting to get our goal always in "0", by the way, Burdisso is "new blood", Fernandez also, they are going to be the future leaders of the team, we have a lot of youngsters on loan in other teams, they will someday be ready to be in the main team.
By the way do you plan to be here that day?
To be honest, i like challenges, and by this point this isn't a challenge anymore, i think soon I'm going to watch for new horizons, i would like to go to america, take a team and make them win Copa Libertadores. But that's still far away, I would like to answer to the loyalty of this group of players, work with them until their retirement, then I'll search for a new project, probably south america, and try to do the same that i did here (at least waiting for PES2018).
What has been the worst moment over this years
Losing the final of FA Cup against Manchester City in 2020, no doubt, they were winning 2-0 by half-time, we managed to comeback and score the 3-2 over the 70' minute, they scored the draw and won in extra time, that was a kick in the ****, but we learned a lot from that, and there we are now. Sometimes you learn more from a defeat than from a victory, that's how we works.
Speaking about that, lets talk about your national team management...
National team eh....it started pretty well being world champions with England in Rusia 2018, but there I felt that were more because of player's talent than my management, so I choosed another country...​
Yeah, Chile, your nationality also, how do you feel about that?
It's a different feeling, it's always incredible to be manager of your country's team, by the way, it has not been easy, we started losing in semi-finals over American Cup 2019 against Brazil, and later losing again in semi-finals of the World Cup against them, we have a lot of very good players, but we made some unforgivable mistakes.​
But this year there is another option?
Yeah, this American cup is going to be a revenge, we'll win it surely​
You look confident
I trust in my players, we've been playing very well, and if we want to win, we cannot aim at anything else, we'll win and look ahead to 2026 World Cup, I assure it!

Going back to our principal topic, what clubs do you think are the best in the world actually besides of Newcastle?
I really likes Bayern Munchen's midfield, they've three of the best, Thiago Alcantara (85 OVR), Renato Sanches (91 OVR) and Kimmich (86) are just insanely good, but they lacks of Strikers.
Borrusia Dortmund by the way, have an incredible offensive, Dembele (90 OVR) and Emre Mor (88 OVR) are in really good form, we've played against them in Champions sometimes last years, so is a team which we've acknowledge of.
Ajax really have a balanced team, a physically strong defensive line, a very talented midfield with a good passing. Two really good wingers like El Ghazi and Cerny, working to feed Kasper Dolberg (89 OVR), who is just an insane classic n°9.
Okay, thanks a lot and good luck in whatever that comes.
Thanks and have a good day.

Last edited:
Well i think i'll also do some roleplay.
By the way last season, my controller've broken so I play in semi-assisted (ended up winning the league by 20pts)....meh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We managed out to talk with the trainer of Newcastle United FC, the team of the moment, winning trophy after trophy, last week they've eliminated Real Madrid from the UEFA Champions League, and runs 1st on the Premier League with a big difference, this team just continue breaking records.

y4mvjYgXkV49dG5xx-pg6HCy-ewfBs8JA2rVB2cm_Fx65DPbDW6MIAzIk_cHS_PpSEQiIIyknTvi-qoaoUzWZYkqe1UXQriF2k3MiIQnt74l1Aj1EXjPgAiXy8nDUrzB0F2wDiRIO-_DKyslKH91w-e7jRBW_GnMvVEOAY9PnP_L9RRVqJF0FBpCzF_sn4JjZO29txxlGkGfTmQZDw-KpgAbQ

Well at this point, what can you say? you are in your 7th season on this team so far. You started saying that you'll take Newcastle back to his glory days, nobody believed you but there you are: 5 Champions League, 1 Europe League, 5 Club World Cups, 5 UEFA Supercups, 4 FA Cups, 6 Premier Leagues, and the list continues.
It feels good to see what i did in this years, this is an incredible club and my players feel that, everyone that enters this team have to feel it, this is why we won, the supporters always cheers every match, we're like a family, that is the felling that made me choice Newcastle.
What can you say about players like Embolo, Rashford or Galdames?
Well, Galdames got into the team in my first season, he was just a 19 year old kid, but now he's a "Hero" in the club, I feel very proud of his growth, back to our first season on Premier League he was awarded "best player of the league", incredible for a CM by the way, now he is the best "all around" player in the world in my opinion, his dribbling skills, passing, are complemented by a insane defensive ability recovering a lot of balls and being the center of our play.
About Rashford and Embolo, what can i say? the "Superstar" and the "Legend", they both fight every year to become Ballon d'Or, but also they always do assistences, just insane how they've growth by this time.
Embolo's drible and passing are really good for a ST, always score at least one goal and is our captain and leader
Rashford besides, doesn't have an equal passing ability, but in speed and shots nobody compares to him, they are just a killer duo, the best that I could wish.
Some newspaper now calls Premier League a "running of Newcastle against Newcastle", you just fight with your own records, what is the key to win everything?
Trust I would say, also having knowledge of your players, they change within time, so i need to update my tactics, first seasons we where a team that used a lot the speed, and that ended up with a lot of goals in our goal, we won, but it's not the same winning 4-3, to win 3-0, we need to work well in all our lines, this is why we are a "slower" team. We now end up league with over 100 goals scored, and a max of like 10 in our goal.
Lets see the table:
y4muh1tH160h43jLVrO9nFqUWq50RfbFcRNfUKPsP3UyeppxQfYx09LVIbe_r7uTZnI6DJhgsgOkKswXj-zwrx-zVhg95R3WGDHURu98GCgTLjQYc4FvywuEhtgdudaKTf06RHCXs0MhKsvlpSQ1LHUoYarNyOAUWOKs6fcA2WfBLx_Jz1nec_9Jo84rvCLQYbp_9m9hQCUU84hall421qWjQ

This Season you've had a lot of defensive problems compared to last one, some experts're saying that it's time to add "new blood" to the system, what do you think?
I don't think that....it's true..... they are not that 20 years old kids anymore, running all the match. Most of them are coming to their 30's but that traduces into experience, they have still a lot of years before their retirement (yeah sure, fu** develop system) by the way, Burdisso is "new blood", Fernandez also, they are going to be the future leaders of the team, we have a lot of youngsters on loan in other teams, they will someday be ready to be in the main team.
By the way do you plan to be here that day?
To be honest, i like challenges, and by this point this isn't a challenge anymore, i think soon I'm going to watch for new horizons, i would like to go to america, take a team and make them win Copa Libertadores. But that's still far away, I would like to answer to the loyalty of this group of players, work with them until their retirement, then I'll search for a new project, probably south america, and try to do the same that i did here (at least waiting for PES2018).
What has been the worst moment over this years
Losing the final of FA Cup against Manchester City in 2020, no doubt, they were winning 2-0 by half-time, we managed to comeback and score the 3-2 over the 70' minute, they scored the draw and won in extra time, that was a kick in the ****, but we learned a lot from that, and there we are now. Sometimes you learn more from a defeat than from a victory, that's how we works.
Speaking about that, lets talk about your national team management...
National team eh....it started pretty well being world champions with England in Rusia 2018, but there I felt that were more because of player's talent than my management, so I choosed another country...​
Yeah, Chile, your nationality also, how do you feel about that?
It's a different feeling, it's always incredible to be manager of your country's team, by the way, it has not been easy, we started losing in semi-finals over American Cup 2019 against Brazil, and later losing again in semi-finals of the World Cup against them, we have a lot of very good players, but we made some unforgivable mistakes.​
But this year there is another option?
Yeah, this American cup is going to be a revenge, we'll win it surely​
You look confident
I trust in my players, we've been playing very well, and if we want to win, we cannot aim at anything else, we'll win and look ahead to 2026 World Cup, I assure it!

Going back to our principal topic, what clubs do you think are the best in the world actually besides of Newcastle?
I really likes Bayern Munchen's midfield, they've three of the best, Thiago Alcantara (85 OVR), Renato Sanches (91 OVR) and Kimmich (86) are just insanely good, but they lacks of Strikers.
Borrusia Dortmund by the way, have an incredible offensive, Dembele (90 OVR) and Emre Mor (88 OVR) are in really good form, we've played against them in Champions sometimes last years, so is a team which we've acknowledge of.
Ajax really have a balanced team, a physically strong defensive line, a very talented midfield with a good passing. Two really good wingers like El Ghazi and Cerny, working to feed Kasper Dolberg (89 OVR), who is just an insane classic n°9.
Okay, thanks a lot and good luck in whatever that comes.
Thanks and have a good day.

Why not put up videos of your matches and we can then see how your season is going?

Really liked that one @Isslander we need more entries like this :) I especially hope we'll get more of this stuff once PES 18 comes out I rememeber when PES 15 came out we had a lot of gud posts with interviews and graphics and shit. We need this!
I used to read some of the stories in here and I agree some of them were pretty good to follow... Hopefully PES 2018 would bring even more stories in here, even if I found the "one thread keeps them all" approach a little messy at times.

I will definitely post some stories again with the new game, my team (Millwall) are back in the championship and therefore the game so I'll have the extra motivation to keep it up

Well we could have separate threads and even subforum (like in other places on the Internet) but creating your own thread means commitment, and in the end we all just want to play the game and sometimes write about it, not the other way around :D

I sort of like this holy gangbang di madonna approach, everyone gets in with bits and pieces of their game and if they post on regular basis sooner or later you start recognizing people and their teams. I guess :D

Also it just feels nice to be together. In one place. It's nice :)

I think.

So the end of the 2016/2017 season and we've won the league! After being 3 points ahead of Manchester United heading into our last three games we ended up winning the league with an 11 point lead. Beating Liverpool 2-0 after a solid defensive display, Manchester United lost 1-0 to a spirited Arsenal side pushing for a late Champions League spot and then went on to fall apart in their title challenge. With a 6 point gap heading into our last games, we comfortably beat West Brom at home 2-0 to win the league before a 1-0 win away at Spurs (a match where we saw Wanyama given a 2 minute red card) meant that Chelsea were lifting the trophy at White Hart Lane.

Final League Table

Our only two losses all season came at home to Manchester United thanks to a late Ibrahimovic winner and a 3-0 loss to Crystal Palace early on in the season. With 11 draws throughout the season, we'll be looking to sort this issue out next season as we rescued a lot of goals with last minute equalisers - 23 of our 70 goals came in the last 10/15 minutes of a game and we saved points against Arsenal, Leicester, Manchester United, Everton and West Ham with injury time equalisers. Had a few of those games not gone our way then we would certainly have found ourselves behind Manchester United or at least a lot closer!

Team of the Season

Despite winning the league with only two losses and the best defensive record in the league not a single Chelsea player made it into the defence for team of the season. Conceding only 21 goals in 38 games unfortunately wasn't enough for the FA to determine that Chelsea's defence had been rock solid, even off the back of a few solid 1-0 wins. Both Diego Costa and Eden Hazard ended up making the team of the season, with a strong argument for N'Golo Kante in a great debut season for the Blues.

Season Awards & Top Scorers

Diego Costa was named the PFA player of the season after a great haul of 23 goals and 6 assists. Unfortunately Costa's 23 goals was 1 behind Crystal Palace's Benteke who finished with the golden boot with a healthy 24 goals for the surprisingly strong London based side. Eden Hazard finished the season with the most assists (13) and ended the season with 12 goals as well to be on of only 6 players across Europe to have double figures in both goals and assists.

Antonio Conte was named manager of the year after a brilliant debut season in English football. After suffering an early defeat to Crystal Palace he quickly realised where he was going with his approach to the league and Chelsea rose from 4th in the league to battling Manchester United all season long.

Chelsea Player Season Stats

In the Chelsea player awards, Pedro was named as the Players' Player of the Year with an incredible 15 goals and 12 assists including vital winners against Stoke, Arsenal and Liverpool. Chelsea's Young Player of the Year award went to Andreas Christensen, recalled from his loan to Borussia Mönchengladbach after manager Antonio Conte saw a gap in centre defenders available to him. With 24 appearances throughout the season including 17 starts, Christensen was Chelsea's second highest rated centre back, only behind David Luis and was vital in games against West Ham, dealing with Andy Carroll and against Benteke in the return Palace game.

Heading into 2017/2018

It looks like Chelsea have already made a few moves in the transfer market. Asmir Begovic joined Sevilla in a £12 million deal and Diego Costa joined German side Borussia Dortmund in a £28 million move. Costa was reportedly unsettled with life in London and Chelsea were relatively happy with the fee offered by Dortmund. Chelsea legend John Terry also left the club after his contract expired and joined French side AS Monaco on a one year contract.

Loans

After a great loan at Tottenham last season, Kenedy once again was sent out on loan to Napoli for a season with Napoli insisting on an option to buy. Ake has also joined Everton on a season long loan whilst Chelsea are adamant that the young Dutch international does have a future at the club.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek also joins Leicester on a 1 year loan deal.

Signings

Chelsea wasted no time in securing powerful midfielder Bakayoko from AS Monaco in a £24 million deal to make sure they have depth and strength to head into a busy season next year. Conte is keen to add to his squad with the Champions League next season, a semi final must be the aim for the London club that last won the Champions League in 2012.

Replacing the departing Asmir Begovic, Chelsea wasted no time in signing former English international Ben Foster on a free transfer after his West Brom contract expired. Bringing a wealth of experience and good versatility to the back up keeper role, Foster signed a two year contract with the club.

Well aware that Diego Costa was looking to leave, Chelsea had earmarked a few key centre forwards as potential replacements including the likes of Lacazette, Lukaku and Morata. With enquiries into all three at the start of the year, Lukaku was the striker that Chelsea eventually decided to sign for £42 million. Whilst many will wonder if the fee is worth it, Chelsea are confident that the 23 year old Belgian will lead their front line for years to come.

Alex Sandro was signed from Juventus for £26 million, bringing more depth to the left back role and fighting Marcos Alonso for the starting birth. Alex Sandro, widely considered a top 3 left back in the world, was delighted to sign for the Premier League winners and will add a different dynamic to the left wing back role.

With rumours of a potential Van Dijk signing to add some additional quality to the centre back role and a possibly recall to Bertrand Traore's Ajax loan, Chelsea could end up with an extremely strong squad heading into the coming season's Premier League and Champions League campaign.

The Community Shield against Tottenham is just around the corner before the league starts with an away game against West Bromwich Albion - Chelsea will be looking to get off to a strong start against Spurs in the Community Shield, albeit a glorified friendly, and hopefully will see an immediate impact for £42 million man Romelu Lukaku.

2u60I0Y.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing on with the unbelievably scripted Superstar level in Pes 2016 ML. . ..3rd season 5 matches in and can't get a win. . very frustrating, some of the matches are scripted from kick off til the final whistle and won't allow you a foot on the ball or a shot on goal. . .they win every challenge pick up every loose ball etc. . . .if they had made a level between Top Player and Superstar it would have been a great ML. ... ..anyhoo back to the action Leeds v Preston

Okay it's my turn again!

So Champions League adventure went badly. Lost both games against Ajax, both 1-2. Hmmmm those matches felt weird but not really scripty. Maybe I was tired. Maybe it's Top Player which is more end-to-end and therefore more chaotic and I always get lost in it. That's what I feel might be the reason.

Whatever! Have a look at this!

ye05u9g.jpg

Soo...does Italy have two champions now? :D I was expecting some superfinal game against Juventus but nothing happened. I've lost the second game against them 1-0 and dammit they've scored a cheap one in extra-time. Hate it! And even worse I've lost next game against Inter too and lost my first place to Juve. And there were two games left...

Juve proceeded to lose their next game against Lazio 0-4 and I've won both my matches and got back on the first place. I guess I'm the real champion not sure why game displays Juve as #1 as well. Weird!

Ol88uZ5.jpg

Then I needed some break :D Played a bit this morning. mostly transfers and SUPERCOPPA. I've decided to part with Wu Lei, his stats and value will only go down at this point so I decided to make some money while it was still possible :D In his place I've brought Hachim Mastour from PEC Zwolle dayum he looks gud! Bright future ahead of him.

Also during winter transfers I've bought another attacker, Cerri, fond memories from PES 15 but here he didn't do much and since Empoli offered way more money than he's worth I decided to make some profit :D And brought Thiago Santos from Flamengo IIRC to fill in his spot. In the process of removing last useless players RB Galli (worthless) was sold and I've brought in Neumann from Schalke, although atm Scalera (bought during winter from Bari) is my #1 RB atm.

There's been some selling some buying you know how it is :D This is wot we look like atm:

4W1oXtf.jpg

And more or less this team faced Napoli in SUPERCOPPA and we've won 1:0, nice and simple, Angelo Miuratti got to celebrate a bit and also make fun of Napoli too, they aren't as bad as Genoa (fuck Genoa worst football) but they ain't good either :D

I still have some little transferage to do, but I'm leaving soon and probably won't play anymore today.

our1rKo.jpg

And now, this been a problem for a while could anyone explain why this sort of crap is happening? I could have a massive transfer budget but nooo let's put everything into salaries :( I'd use Cheat Engine or some tool to move some cash from salaries to transfers but that would be cheap :( On the other hand I really enjoy money management and seeing how my players are worth more and more cash. I'm getting 20M€ offers for Angelino and while I don't want to sell him it makes me feel proud a little. My little young ones are growing and getting bigger and better <3

R5Rg2dm.jpg

@Deco

Well if it's frustrating then...why bother? :( And three seasons is shitton of time and matches. Sounds really unfun tbh :( Also that's why I'm not moving to Superstar. Top Players feels slightly over the top in PES 17 at times but it's generally okay and I can handle it. Not perfect, but works. And I missed that feeling a lot in PES 15/16 MLs.

Okay it's my turn again!

So Champions League adventure went badly. Lost both games against Ajax, both 1-2. Hmmmm those matches felt weird but not really scripty. Maybe I was tired. Maybe it's Top Player which is more end-to-end and therefore more chaotic and I always get lost in it. That's what I feel might be the reason.

Whatever! Have a look at this!

ye05u9g.jpg

Soo...does Italy have two champions now? :D I was expecting some superfinal game against Juventus but nothing happened. I've lost the second game against them 1-0 and dammit they've scored a cheap one in extra-time. Hate it! And even worse I've lost next game against Inter too and lost my first place to Juve. And there were two games left...

Juve proceeded to lose their next game against Lazio 0-4 and I've won both my matches and got back on the first place. I guess I'm the real champion not sure why game displays Juve as #1 as well. Weird!

Ol88uZ5.jpg

Then I needed some break :D Played a bit this morning. mostly transfers and SUPERCOPPA. I've decided to part with Wu Lei, his stats and value will only go down at this point so I decided to make some money while it was still possible :D In his place I've brought Hachim Mastour from PEC Zwolle dayum he looks gud! Bright future ahead of him.

Also during winter transfers I've bought another attacker, Cerri, fond memories from PES 15 but here he didn't do much and since Empoli offered way more money than he's worth I decided to make some profit :D And brought Thiago Santos from Flamengo IIRC to fill in his spot. In the process of removing last useless players RB Galli (worthless) was sold and I've brought in Neumann from Schalke, although atm Scalera (bought during winter from Bari) is my #1 RB atm.

There's been some selling some buying you know how it is :D This is wot we look like atm:

4W1oXtf.jpg

And more or less this team faced Napoli in SUPERCOPPA and we've won 1:0, nice and simple, Angelo Miuratti got to celebrate a bit and also make fun of Napoli too, they aren't as bad as Genoa (fuck Genoa worst football) but they ain't good either :D

I still have some little transferage to do, but I'm leaving soon and probably won't play anymore today.

our1rKo.jpg

And now, this been a problem for a while could anyone explain why this sort of crap is happening? I could have a massive transfer budget but nooo let's put everything into salaries :( I'd use Cheat Engine or some tool to move some cash from salaries to transfers but that would be cheap :( On the other hand I really enjoy money management and seeing how my players are worth more and more cash. I'm getting 20M€ offers for Angelino and while I don't want to sell him it makes me feel proud a little. My little young ones are growing and getting bigger and better <3

R5Rg2dm.jpg

@Deco

Well if it's frustrating then...why bother? :( And three seasons is shitton of time and matches. Sounds really unfun tbh :( Also that's why I'm not moving to Superstar. Top Players feels slightly over the top in PES 17 at times but it's generally okay and I can handle it. Not perfect, but works. And I missed that feeling a lot in PES 15/16 MLs.

The problem is Anjin that Top player can play great but can go over the top with the amount of chances and can become a picnic easily beating teams. Sometimes pes can give you a hard scripted time for 3 seasons and then ease up. . .. I'm hoping that's the case here

I am curious into what really triggers handicap/scripting mode. If I can find the triggers, I might be able to deactivate it.

Edit: After a bit of research and playing some more matches in PES 2017, I don't really think scripting/handicap exists and here's why.

Basically PES 2017 is programmed in a way where there is a random number generator for the outcome of every action. Things like first touch, interception, tackling, etc. Now the weight of that random number generator likes to favor more towards failing the action(mis-interception, bad first touch, can't tackle, etc). Now how it works is that it takes account of things like timing, team spirit, magic number, fatigue, etc.

So for every action they have an equation like this:

Let's say you are 1-1 against a dribbler and pressed X to initiate tackling, then the program decides this equation:

Pick a magic number between, let's call this number M: -25 to +25
Pick a random chance number between, let's call this number X between: 1 to 100
Calculate the outcome number, let's call this number Y: ( (Team Spirit * 2) + (Tackling Stat) + (Magic Number) - (Fatigue) ) * Timing

So from the equation, the "Timing" has the biggest weight of the outcome and Team Spirit being the second. Now the Timing could be a value between 0.0 to 1.0.

let's say that the program received the timing perfectly and the Y ended up being 70.

Then a conditional statement will follow like:
if Y >= X then outcome = success
else outcome = failure

So when the outcome has failed, you fail to tackle. They use a similar system to calculate each and every single outcome in the match. And now the part where PES is doing it wrong. You see that important variable called "Timing"? I believe that the variable is always 1.0 for the CPU whereas for the User, it's around 0.0 to 1.0(based on timing, how quickly the PC process data and get accurate result).

Now how do I know such a thing exist? Well just make your game really laggy by hogging your processor and you will notice every outcome going CPU's way.

This is why you feel that CPU makes less mistake than the User. Because the bias will always be at the CPU's side. Sometimes it can be really bad, sometimes it can be good. It all depends on your processor and the random number generator and the "timing" variable. That is why sometimes even CPU can also make mistakes that looks like scripting/cheating. There is just not one trigger for this.

Last edited:
Ok the scripting has eased off a bit. . . .. we won the next 3 matches including this one against Notts forest. . .at times it felt like Professional level.. . . too easy.

Those regens are a load of nonsense. . . .. .takes away the authenticty we try to create in the game.
How could you possibly be fine with it, as he says he is? Seriously?

How can you be fine with A) John Terry being "born again" and joining your youth squad (I could stop there for fuck's sake), B) aged "16" but with Herbert the Pervert's face and C) immediately knowing he's going to be brilliant so immediately signing him up with no judgement involved nor required?

He can't be telling the truth. Even the guys who want to add a fantasy football element to their game could buy them from the "classic players" pool. This way, they're not only forced on you, but they're not real (in as much as, they're a clone, born 25 years later).

Can anyone see them making any genuine changes to Master League for the new game? Based off that tweet and others that I've seen it really does seem that they're pretty committed to myClub.

Agree with Chris & Deco, the regens really do take away a 'realistic' aspect of playing the game past a few seasons. I tend to limit myself to 5 seasons tops before starting over, it'd be great if we had the option of picking if we wanted regens or not.

Can anyone see them making any genuine changes to Master League for the new game? Based off that tweet and others that I've seen it really does seem that they're pretty committed to myClub.

Agree with Chris & Deco, the regens really do take away a 'realistic' aspect of playing the game past a few seasons. I tend to limit myself to 5 seasons tops before starting over, it'd be great if we had the option of picking if we wanted regens or not.

They mentioned interviews after the match. . .which translates to about 10 different versions and that's it ... .they should allow you to put your own price on a player who's up for sale instead pf being forced to take a cut price .. as well as a player who you want and his valuation goes up 500% and puts him out of reach. . .and the TS is all wrong develops too quickly.

Use CE, nerf all stats, sign, then release :D

Agree with Chris & Deco, the regens really do take away a 'realistic' aspect of playing the game past a few seasons.
I agree.
They should just be "newgens" instead of regens: it must not be that difficult after all.

All they really need is a list of the most used surnames in every language (like the ones provided by behindthename which by the way were the ones I was using when trying to create a PES 5 OF made only of fake players, good ol' times) and a set of templates to derive the appearance/stats of the players from (much like what happens in FIFA and/or FM).

What happens in PES is absolutely game breaking after a few years and I usually stop too before it happens.
Exceptions do exist in real life (Christian Maldini who is the son of Paolo Maldini who in turn is the son of Cesare Maldini for example, or Federico Chiesa) but it's not like each and every single player must return with the same role and with the same stats more or less and you already know he's going to be a superstar, come on.
Also in FIFA there's the way to spot future superstars when they regen under a false name (they spawn in the league the former player was playing in and they have the same nationality, so if Pirlo stops playing and you almost immediately spot a random Italian guy joining the youth academy of one of the MLS teams you know it's most likely him in disguise) but in PES this is way worse.

So many of us agree on this, I really hope that this voice gets heard. I have already messaged officalpes about it and even replied to the conversation i linked to above. There needs to be an alternative system, I would even take a temporary solution of keeping the regens but with nerfed stats... I just want to be able to enjoy a Master League for more than 5 seasons that's all!

Hey guys, just started a Master League series in WE9-LE and I must admit it's really fun. The AI in this game is top notch! So my plan for this series is to grow unknown young talents into world class players so I started by creating my own team of young unknown talents.

This might be sad, but I have created a thread to see what people think of this, also to see if it will be a waste of my time to keep feeding this back to Konami. I am hoping that people agree (with me obvs :P ) and give constructive feedback as to what they would like to see changed so I can share with whoever is willing to listen

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/poll-master-league-youth-system.77630/

Hey guys, just started a Master League series in WE9-LE and I must admit it's really fun. The AI in this game is top notch! So my plan for this series is to grow unknown young talents into world class players so I started by creating my own team of young unknown talents.

Topaz when a goalie picks up a backpass . .an indirect freekick is awarded not a penalty.

Trawling through Adam's twitter feed looking for any mentions of Master League and asides from the youth point all I found was this:

Pre-season tournament, new menus, new transfer system, new cutscenes etc, big changes (https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/879818027885375490)

Yay. Cut scenes :II
I want to reply to that and say "is this a list of the big changes" (because they're not big changes) "or do you mean there are other big changes to come?"

Because I'm guessing there aren't.

I want to reply to that and say "is this a list of the big changes" (because they're not big changes) "or do you mean there are other big changes to come?"

Because I'm guessing there aren't.
I really hope it means that there are other big changes to come but I expect, like you, that there won't be any actual changes to Master League.

Ultimate Team / myClub really just became the focus for football games, FIFA haven't changed the career mode since 2014 at all. Don't get me wrong, I love Master League, I just wish we could have a bit more variety.

Back
Top Bottom