The Master League adventures thread

Get in there you beauty. . .miss goals like this one in Pes 2016 Ml. ...Leeds open the scoring on the way to a 0-3 win over Blackburn.

Right, so i've been at Torino for a year now, qualified for the last 32 of the Europa League and am 7th in the league there's about 4 points between 3rd and 11th so it's going to be tight for Europe again.

Knowing the europa league fixtures were coming, i added a few filler players to the squad to account for fatigue, however i never considered that my 3 main strikers would get injured! I have to say injuries for me have been spot on in this game!

DChs5BwXkAE9y1M.jpg:large

Add to that, because it's the start of January there's a bit of a player turnaround and it leaves me temporarily a bit short, out of my squad below i'm still after another centre midfielder and a goal poacher to replace Finnbogasson who is on loan and now my #1 striker while the others are injured :D he's not amazing but i needed that extra body and he has the goal poacher ability so actually contributes quite well. I actually love that about PES, ignore that his OVR is 72 and look at his individual ability.

DChuT6oXsAADnbC.jpg:large

I am trying to get Milik in from Napoli but I don't think I have the budget even though I just sold three players in the finalisation of my clearout. I may have to settle for a 6 month loan for now and wait for my budget to increase and target him them.

I guess I could always go to my youth team to find a striker for the time being

DCht4QxXoAAc45C.jpg:large

:CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CRY::RANT::RANT::RANT::NO::NO::NO::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK::BRICK:

Help me I can't stop playing :D

So, second round commenced and Spezia with new additions was just too damn strong. Guess all stars (tactics, players, TS) aligned properly and machine started rolling and mowing down all and every opponent. Bar two or three draws I've won almost all games and got to third place. Then, Script Gods demanded their share again...

...but it wasn't as bad as usual. I'm only really pissed about one game against Novara, when they got three goals quickly on the other hand I was exhausted at that point :D There were some tough wins and really tiring draws. Even worse I've noticed if there's 10 points difference between 3rd and 4th teams there will be no play-offs! Thankfully Cesena had really bad end of the season, lost a few points and so we ended on 4th place with a spot in play-offs.

Today I fired up PES again to see if I can get promoted. My last memories of Serie A play-offs in PES 2015 were a nightmare. Playing as default team Milan I've barely, BARELY got past the scripting hell, only to win promotion against Trapani thanks to away goals after most angering games. It was so bad I didn't even bother playing next season, just stopped playing PES 15 altogether.

First game against Hellas was so tough, but so goddamn fair. They did well and 1-1 was a deserved result. But then, konami has finally acknowledged all the pain I've went through. Hellas fell hard and got absolutely devastated 4-0.

In final we were to face Cesena, damn they're tough and good team. They were leading Serie B for most of the season but then Capri and Frosinone outpaced them. Still, they're dangerous...not.

3-0, 3-1. Goddamn was my team slaying. Goddamn Petagna scored seven goals in four games. Goddamn! Spezia stronk! We're in Serie A. Wu Lei was great, Daniel Bessa more or less okay but it was all thanks to Favilli and Petagna who were scoring goals left and right. Favilli was doing better early on but Petagna woke up for the season's finale and I absolutely love him for that.

9irXXbh.jpg

Then summer came and dayum was I screwed up. I've forgot to check Buy Option on Favilli and he went back home. And Ascoli wants 6M€ for him that's too much! Just buying out Wu, Bessa and Petagna costed me 10M€. I had nothing to give.

It was a frantic transfer session and I love it. I was thinking about selling Terzi since Sydney FC offered great money for him but I decided I want to keep my captain forever. Jon Errasti got plenty of great offers and it's high time to make money off him but I had no good replacement. Since money was tight I had to go for loans again...

Since I've sold quite a few people I needed new LB and I've got Angelino (http://www.pesmaster.com/angelino/pes-2017/player/107906/) from Man City. As for DMF I've managed to borrow V.Janelt from RB Leipzig (since I use small license-Bundesliga patch). Sadly all attackers on my list are somewhat too expensive so Petagna and Piu will be the attackers. Two youngsters, Auwa (Spezia) and Hirasawa (ML talent player?) were loaned out (Auwa for second season in a row) to develop in PEU League, and looking at them now I guess they'll be good enough to come back next season.

And now Serie A...I just want to be as high as possible and earn all the money I can :D Team Spirit is really good (approaching 90s) and I can work with this. Season started off nicely - we've won against Empoli, Carpi and Fiorentina. Then Juve got us (0-1), Napoli was lucky to not lose (0-0) and Milan demolished me (2-4) although Vignali got in two nice manual longshots I'm really happy with. Shooting from distance is pissing me off and I use R2 manual sometimes, makes shooting so much better.

Last two games, Fiorentina knocked me out of TIM Cup (1-1, 0-2) but ye I was playing all day again (I like PES marathons) and I just need some rest :D Next is Torino in Serie A, I'm sure we can bounce back and maybe even fight for Euro-spot this season.

Now I need something different, a little bit of Dark Souls I guess :D

@Deco

PES 2016 hmmm...tried few weeks ago, just couldn't. On the other hand I was playing PES 5 few days ago so yeah, each to their own I guess :D

That longshot was really, really nice. Manual is the best.

@robbieryan

Talk about being lucky :D But eventually they'll come back, I hope :D

Looking at that team I remember Benassi, I had him in my PES 15 myClub team, one of the first draws :D Brings back memories.

Regens are irritating af. I had a look in youth team when I couldn't buy anyone and you could build entire team out of those people. Would be the easy way out but I need some challenge so I decided to never use them.

Alternatively you could grab that Ibra, sell him to PEU League and watch how he becomes top scorer with 80 goals per season in two-three years :D

Help me I can't stop playing :D

So, second round commenced and Spezia with new additions was just too damn strong. Guess all stars (tactics, players, TS) aligned properly and machine started rolling and mowing down all and every opponent. Bar two or three draws I've won almost all games and got to third place. Then, Script Gods demanded their share again...

...but it wasn't as bad as usual. I'm only really pissed about one game against Novara, when they got three goals quickly on the other hand I was exhausted at that point :D There were some tough wins and really tiring draws. Even worse I've noticed if there's 10 points difference between 3rd and 4th teams there will be no play-offs! Thankfully Cesena had really bad end of the season, lost a few points and so we ended on 4th place with a spot in play-offs.

Today I fired up PES again to see if I can get promoted. My last memories of Serie A play-offs in PES 2015 were a nightmare. Playing as default team Milan I've barely, BARELY got past the scripting hell, only to win promotion against Trapani thanks to away goals after most angering games. It was so bad I didn't even bother playing next season, just stopped playing PES 15 altogether.

First game against Hellas was so tough, but so goddamn fair. They did well and 1-1 was a deserved result. But then, konami has finally acknowledged all the pain I've went through. Hellas fell hard and got absolutely devastated 4-0.

In final we were to face Cesena, damn they're tough and good team. They were leading Serie B for most of the season but then Capri and Frosinone outpaced them. Still, they're dangerous...not.

3-0, 3-1. Goddamn was my team slaying. Goddamn Petagna scored seven goals in four games. Goddamn! Spezia stronk! We're in Serie A. Wu Lei was great, Daniel Bessa more or less okay but it was all thanks to Favilli and Petagna who were scoring goals left and right. Favilli was doing better early on but Petagna woke up for the season's finale and I absolutely love him for that.

9irXXbh.jpg

Then summer came and dayum was I screwed up. I've forgot to check Buy Option on Favilli and he went back home. And Ascoli wants 6M€ for him that's too much! Just buying out Wu, Bessa and Petagna costed me 10M€. I had nothing to give.

It was a frantic transfer session and I love it. I was thinking about selling Terzi since Sydney FC offered great money for him but I decided I want to keep my captain forever. Jon Errasti got plenty of great offers and it's high time to make money off him but I had no good replacement. Since money was tight I had to go for loans again...

Since I've sold quite a few people I needed new LB and I've got Angelino (http://www.pesmaster.com/angelino/pes-2017/player/107906/) from Man City. As for DMF I've managed to borrow V.Janelt from RB Leipzig (since I use small license-Bundesliga patch). Sadly all attackers on my list are somewhat too expensive so Petagna and Piu will be the attackers. Two youngsters, Auwa (Spezia) and Hirasawa (ML talent player?) were loaned out (Auwa for second season in a row) to develop in PEU League, and looking at them now I guess they'll be good enough to come back next season.

And now Serie A...I just want to be as high as possible and earn all the money I can :D Team Spirit is really good (approaching 90s) and I can work with this. Season started off nicely - we've won against Empoli, Carpi and Fiorentina. Then Juve got us (0-1), Napoli was lucky to not lose (0-0) and Milan demolished me (2-4) although Vignali got in two nice manual longshots I'm really happy with. Shooting from distance is pissing me off and I use R2 manual sometimes, makes shooting so much better.

Last two games, Fiorentina knocked me out of TIM Cup (1-1, 0-2) but ye I was playing all day again (I like PES marathons) and I just need some rest :D Next is Torino in Serie A, I'm sure we can bounce back and maybe even fight for Euro-spot this season.

Now I need something different, a little bit of Dark Souls I guess :D

@Deco

PES 2016 hmmm...tried few weeks ago, just couldn't. On the other hand I was playing PES 5 few days ago so yeah, each to their own I guess :D

That longshot was really, really nice. Manual is the best.

@robbieryan

Talk about being lucky :D But eventually they'll come back, I hope :D

Looking at that team I remember Benassi, I had him in my PES 15 myClub team, one of the first draws :D Brings back memories.

Regens are irritating af. I had a look in youth team when I couldn't buy anyone and you could build entire team out of those people. Would be the easy way out but I need some challenge so I decided to never use them.

Alternatively you could grab that Ibra, sell him to PEU League and watch how he becomes top scorer with 80 goals per season in two-three years :D

Well done Anjin . .promoted in your first season ..great achievement. Regarding Pes 2016. . the reason I play it is because it allows you to create great moves and goals that have a great feeling about them sometimes.

Yeah well done @Anjin Miura as Deco says getting promoted in the first season in Serie B is almost impossible in my experience :D

Can't help you stop playing i'm afraid, My Wife is away all weekend and so far i must have played 18 hours of PES since i got home from work yesterday :D

Sod Ibra, I went all out and bid again for Milik and ended up getting him for 14m. my strikeforce is going to be brutal once they managed to get out that Physio room. I'm afraid Zlatan is going to have to live out an alternative existence where he rots in Torino's youth team!

HTyeIM9.jpg

cracking open a cold one with the bois :D
After bit of a hiccup in Italian Cup we've got some easier games and team quickly got back on track. Most important players are Janelt (dayum is he gud), Vignali (OPR seems low but I really enjoy his style) and ofc Lord Petagna destroyer of worlds. I'm using manual shooting most of the time now and sometimes I score some noice goals :D I've noticed I have no rivals and apparently Spezia has a "thing" going on with Genoa and Trapani, so I've set both of them and Sampdoria as rivals - we might as well have a beef with entire Genoa city :D Then I realized I have two derby games in a row, Sampdoria first and then Genoa. Apparently derby matches are hard scriptfests but well I'm on PA1 Professional and it's...really okay. It definitely used to be worse in PES 2016.

Sampdoria was rough but we've managed to win 1:0. Great game. Genoa was even better, they went all-out but Janelt just cleaved everyone he's so damn good why? In the end we smashed our rivals, well Petagna did, he got 2 of 3 goals. One of them was a real good (imo) smash bomberman in the top corner I thought I'd share it.

Noice :D

So we won most of the games (Udinese got me 1-2 with 93 minute corner kick goal but eeh) and then a series of tough games started again. And we won all of them! Inter, Lazio and Serie A leader Roma (not anymore) just couldn't handle us and with Roma I got in one goal I've really liked from quick free kick...go see yerself :D

All of that was in December and bar shitty draw with Bologna (my fault) we did really well and ended the year on 4th place. I will settle for anything between 1st and 7th as long as I'm in any Euro competition next year. It means money, and we need money...especially that I've forgot to buy Janelt out before January. Dammit I've forgot! Woulda cost me only 2M€ but now that he's gone RB Leipzig wants 5M€ oh my god I'm screwed.

Hirasawa is back from loan, I guess I'll sell Daniel Bessa (Auxerre gives 6M€) and Hirasawa will jump in his spot. Team Spirit is at 91 now, we might afford to lose some and integrate new people. Money's really bad! I have 3,5M€ for transfers and 6,5M€ for salaries what the hell! Silly management people why!

Screenshots in spoiler since post is a tad 2 big to my likings!
xWrhTSr.jpg

h0UXq7A.jpg
I guess I'll just keep loaning whoever I can and go by until coffers are full and I'll be able to buy someone out. I really like that transfer game it forces me to think, and manage my team, something I'm missing since PES 2014.

@Deco
Professional, PA1, manual shooting...it's nowhere near as hard as you guys might think :D I'm fine with PA1, don't feel cheated out like in PES 15/16 at all. Shooting needs to be manual though but I use L2 for that.

@robbieryan
Same as above and well it's possible :D In PES 2015 with default team Milan I've made it too and it was Top Player iirc so even better :)

With so many attackers you should go 4-2-4 once they're all back :D

Last edited:
Oh true, my bad. R2 is advanced tactics. I use both L2 and R2 all the time so got'em mixed up :(

But shooting is manual i swer m80rs

Ok I had to up the difficulty to Superstar manual in my Pes 2016 ML with Leeds. .. .I also have switched to advanced through ball . . ..I found on Top Player I was starting to beat most teams in my first season after signing only one player. . .
So first match up on Superstar is an away trip to the mighty MK Dons.

It should have been a draw at least. . . .they had tons of possession . .gonna have to up my game.

What settings do you guys use to minimalise scripting in the game? I'm finding superstar at times ridiculous where it is near impossible to score and get a shot away close to the AI's box. Other games seem to be a breeze.

What settings do you guys use to minimalise scripting in the game? I'm finding superstar at times ridiculous where it is near impossible to score and get a shot away close to the AI's box. Other games seem to be a breeze.

There's not much you can do about scripting. . ..you have to work harder to score on Superstar, use a bit of creativity and you will open them up .. . .like I did here ..

First of all sorry for posting this in here but the only thread i found for PES2014 discussion is locked.

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys played PES2014? And what did you think? How was ML?

I have had a few games from an old ML save and i found it quite good. I know that there were issues with delays and catch up bug but at least there is a lot more midfield play and not all shots are like arrows.

In the few games ive played ive seen CPU shots go wayward
CPU make poor passes
Which means around 63% pass acc for CPU
I won a penalty
Hammered a CPU team 3-0 and they were 2nd from bottom so it seems easier against lower teams

The only problem is its on ps3 so its not easy to record the matches.

Really refreshing to see CPU shots go way over the bar sometimes.

@geeeeee

Lack of features - absolutely disturbing :/

No training, non-existent player development. Personally I just had a bad time there management-wise.
I've tried a few times and got past some seasons but never more than one season per team. After that it was unbearable.

Scripting will come at a later part of season. There was always a point where things would go apeshit crazy so it's not any better.

That being said I'd recommend you to try playing one season at least to see it all for yourself. As for me, I've tried and it's a waste of time. If I wanted to see AI misplace passes or shots I'd just go play PES 5/6 ML anyway.

Hope that helps :(

@geeeeee

Lack of features - absolutely disturbing :/

No training, non-existent player development. Personally I just had a bad time there management-wise.
I've tried a few times and got past some seasons but never more than one season per team. After that it was unbearable.

Scripting will come at a later part of season. There was always a point where things would go apeshit crazy so it's not any better.

That being said I'd recommend you to try playing one season at least to see it all for yourself. As for me, I've tried and it's a waste of time. If I wanted to see AI misplace passes or shots I'd just go play PES 5/6 ML anyway.

Hope that helps :(

Thanks for the advice Anjin, i suppose i am more interested in what it does on the pitch than off it. Just getting a bit bored with PES2017 with all shots being so powerful and accurate.

When i bring someone on i don't feel that they make too much of a difference. Only the change of tactics that i make do.

It seems every player has a good shot and great control. I was playing 2014 earlier and one of my skillful midfielders (cant remember the name) controlled a high ball on his head and then chested it and then kicked it forward. It looked great and he had to stretch for the ball when he kicked it forward.

I will try to play a season and see how it goes. How are you finding the ML in 2017?

Thanks for the advice Anjin, i suppose i am more interested in what it does on the pitch than off it. Just getting a bit bored with PES2017 with all shots being so powerful and accurate.

When i bring someone on i don't feel that they make too much of a difference. Only the change of tactics that i make do.

It seems every player has a good shot and great control. I was playing 2014 earlier and one of my skillful midfielders (cant remember the name) controlled a high ball on his head and then chested it and then kicked it forward. It looked great and he had to stretch for the ball when he kicked it forward.

I will try to play a season and see how it goes. How are you finding the ML in 2017?

Geeeee I liked 2014 and it became a really good game with the second last patch. .it was very playable a bit like pes 2013 with better graphics... ... but what do they do? They bring out another patch and reversed the good work and it became awful . .. .I tried it a while back and it wasn't that bad. .the lack of response to the buttons and the way it keeps taking an extra touch on the ball when you're through on goal is very frustrating .. .it's just too fidgety for me.

Geeeee I liked 2014 and it became a really good game with the second last patch. .it was very playable a bit like pes 2013 with better graphics... ... but what do they do? They bring out another patch and reversed the good work and it became awful . .. .I tried it a while back and it wasn't that bad. .the lack of response to the buttons and the way it keeps taking an extra touch on the ball when you're through on goal is very frustrating .. .it's just too fidgety for me.

Thanks for the info Deco. It's funny because a lot of the PES' on PS3 I didn't like because I couldn't get used to the analog stick and the manual passing and shooting so I kept going back to PES5 but now I am used to the stick and all manual so I am enjoying these games more than before. I really like the midfield play in PES2014, you really have to pass around the CPU.

Thanks for the info Deco. It's funny because a lot of the PES' on PS3 I didn't like because I couldn't get used to the analog stick and the manual passing and shooting so I kept going back to PES5 but now I am used to the stick and all manual so I am enjoying these games more than before. I really like the midfield play in PES2014, you really have to pass around the CPU.

It's still playable Geeeeee . . .give it a test drive for a season and see what you think. If only they had left the second last patch intact. .. .it was great.

Ass. . ..handed. .. .plate. . .an appropriate expression for this match .. . .the wheels are falling off lately.

Leeds v Boro

I have taken an adaptive scripting approach myself. Sometimes superstar is fine, sometimes top player is too difficult. It's usually easy to tell quickly when the match begins.

In my last match top player was nuts, so I closed the program and dropped down to pro. They still had 86% pass completion.

lpklDJf.jpg

Spezia Calcio's first season in Serie A was phenomenal. We really messed up in the cup yes but third place and spot in Champions League qualifiers is huge for a relatively unknown team from relatively decently big (whatever that means) city. Genoa might have two teams in Serie A yes but we rekt both of them and next year we'll have that famous DEEE CHEEEEMPIOOOOONSSSSS song playing on our stadium and we'll be in TV and shit!

Winter transfers were gud. I've got Benussi, some yung GK he is, for free. Also I've noticed that AI has problems with extending good players contracts again but it isn't as bad as I remember it from PES 15. Best one I coulda got is Correa from Atletico but that would be too easy. This one time I have decided to abuse the mechanic a little bit seeing as monies were tight! We've got two lads:

*Mazzitelli (http://www.pesmaster.com/l-mazzitelli/pes-2017/player/102738/), okay DMF to replace my beloved Janelt. RB Leipzig wants 8M€ for him now and tbh I can't blame them. In the end I've raised a good DMF for somebody else :(

*Perica (http://www.pesmaster.com/s-perica/pes-2017/player/60568/) from Udine to have some competent partner for Petagna up front.

Also I've borrowed Vitor Gomes from Belenenses and Fontanesi from Brescia but they just weren't that useful :(

Mazi and Perica did more or less good but it seems they aren't really integrated with the team, at least not as much as I woulda wished for. Gotta check the numbers, I guess you can see players individual "compatibility chemistry thing" with manager? I recall sth similar from myClub. Maybe they need more time and while I'm fine with Mazzitelli, Perica might be in a bit of troubles depending on the money I earn from awards and rewards and stuff.

Remember Favilli, Petagna's partner from Serie B? His price and OPR really went up, he's worth like 7.5M€ and Ascoli wants 22M€ for him :D It seems that recent performances really influence player's price it even says so in negotiations sth like "player performed consistently for so long his value is higher" etc. and I really like it. But 22 millions, I wonder, did Favilli scored 50 goals in Serie B or something?

One day I'll become Italia NT manager and reunite Petagna and Favilli again.

TOp2pDA.jpg

Let's talk about scripts! To remind ye I'm on PA1 (don't mind it all that much) + L2 (not r2!) manual shooting + Professional but after winter transferino I decided to go to Top Player. Something changed. Game's definitely more end-to-end. Maybe it's that I was tired yesterday or sth but it's more frantic and crazy. But I could handle it.

What really bugs me is Milan and Juventus. They just ruin my shit! First round it was 0:1 with Juve and 2:4 with Milan, now it was 1:4 with Juve and 0:3 with Milan. I am not playing badly! It was really good football and I really enjoy playing against them. Maybe it's just that their stats are massive and one chance to score is more than enough? They don't have many more shoots than goals in my games. I imagine their overall team strength is ~85 while mine is 71. Maybe at that point stats just start making a difference?

It's also weird because Inter/Napoli/Roma aren't that much weaker from Juve and Milan and yet I've managed to defeat all of 'em, including shocking 2:4 against Inter on Giuseppe Meazza. And it was 0:4 in 75th minute. It was glorious.

Scripts or something similar came into action very late yesterday. Now you have to bear in mind I was just exhausted and maybe shouldn't play but three matches felt somewhat off. Five games until season's finale, and Spezia is second five points ahead of Milan I mean holy shit. We get Lazio, we lose 0-1 and it felt bad but I could accept it. Then Roma came and they took their revenge with easy 1-3 and while it wasn't in your face scriptings as always it just felt different. Well stats difference is significant between us, so maybe it just went this way...last game was the worst, against already relegated Cagliari. Lost 1-2 and that just felt awful, really weird shit, massively intense game against aliens or sth, maybe they had 110 team spirit but then again if that was true they wouldn't be relegated I guess.

But it was nooooowheeereeee near as bad as PES 2015 or even 2016. And it was Top Player, not Professional. I remember my Belenenses game in PES 2016 there were plenty of shitty games. In 2017 so far I had one top tier shite match in Serie B (5-4 against Cittadella with shittiest goals ever), Lazio/Roma felt weird - maybe I just did badly - and Cagliari was awful. After Cagliari I've comfortably beaten Sassuolo and Bologna and finished 3rd. I just...don't mind. I was expecting awful shit in Serie B play-offs, I was expecting 10 defeats in a row in Serie A finale but it was...nowhere near as bad. Just way faster because of Top Player I guess.

gzqqgdk.jpg

My goodness I have to buy Angelino from Man City. 7M€ - can afford it. Was surprised to notice he had like 10 assists at the end of the season. Great support for Vignali who really developed hard this season, especially after selling Daniel Bessa to Auxerre. Wu Lei has the best goal celebration ever go check it out in edit mode or sth. Higuain got the Best Footballer of the World award this year (and last year it was Di Maria omg xD) and also scored 26 goals in Serie A. Together with Petagna's 24 goals they would make one helluva attack.

I just wonder how much money will I get from club owners this season. Anyone knows if monies listed in Club Account Balance menu is 100% you get? Because that means I'll have monstrous budget. And I need just a few more talented players from my shortlist. I intend to keep working with ones I already have. We need good replacement for Terzi, his stats are dropping too much although I want him to be part of my Champions League campaign. Perica is in danger. I need another side back like Angelino for the right side of the field.

But most important for me is great talent and that "Spezia DNA" which basically means young, cheap, probably Italian, with cool-sounding name and one that can adapt to our tictacs quickly :D

@geeeeee

I'm finding it...amusing :D It could be better! But I can see the future. I can see me continuing Spezia games for a few seasons. It's gud :D

Last edited:
Final game play from season 1, next episode i will have a full breakdown of the season stats and standings in Ted Lasso's 1st season in Master League.

On a bad run of no wins in nine now after the runaway leaders Sunderland beat us with this goal early in the match. . a match which we should have won.

Leeds need to challenge for a playoff position next up Bristol city also chasing the playoffs . .10 matches left and 11 points behind 6th spot.

Ok failed to make the playoffs in the Championship. . .strengthened the squad (I hope) for season 2. . .lost the first match at home to Bolton 1-2 . .the most scripted pile of annoying nonsense I've ever seen. . .next up was Preston North End again at Leeds home ground. What a pulsating tie this was . .unfortunately my 30 min time for the recorder wasn't enough and it switched off without me realising it. I missed a glorious chance at the end which wasn't recorded .. great match if you get the time to watch it.

Not quite sure if this is the right place for this but currently streaming some of my Chelsea Master League - 13 minute games on Superstar. I'll probably delete / amend this post once it's over but I'll be playing for 2 hours or so if anyone fancied watching!

https://www.twitch.tv/tomjpes

Last edited:
We have finally caught up with the manager of Monaco, The Ponk, as the team emerges from the final 16 of the Champions league. Let‘s see what he has to say about the 2020-2021 season.

Hello Mr. Ponk, welcome.

Thank you.

What a season it has been. In contention for every title. 15 points clear in the League. Talk us through it.

Yes, it‘s been quite a ride. Two losses in the first 2 matches were mostly because of the emphasis on the CL playoffs. It was a stressing couple of games, a 2-1 loss at home against Malaga and we were up against it. Losing the second leg would have ruined the season for me, personally.

Then you came up with that brutal attacking formation which has earned you so many points.

Indeed, it‘s a gamble every time but it usually pays off. The usual 4-3-3 system is already great for attacking play but in the second playoff match, where Malaga were putting the game to sleep and we had no real chances in 60 minutes, it was time to throw caution to the wind. 3-5-2 and with everyone attacking it‘s more like 3-0-7. 0-2 result and we just beat Valencia to reach the quarter finals.

You just beat them 5-0, 6-1 combined.

Yeah the first game was really tight and they could have easily won it. A super early goal in the home game though, and we were cruising. Maybe they should have taken the foot off the pedal when it was 4-0 after 90 minutes, but good for them to still have a go at it, I guess.

AC Milan coming up.

Yeah it will be tough, but at least we can put the emphasis on the CL now, since we are this far ahead in the league.

You have only lost one match after those first two. And drawn 2. 26 wins, some of them brutal. 11-0 is a number we will not forget in a while.

(laughs) yeah but that was a one off. Apart from the odd 5 or 6 nils, the numbers have been quite traditional. January was a particularly hard month.

You were obviously struggling that month.

That‘s true, but it was a self inflicted injury. I admit I went a bit overboard in buys in the fall, and was suddenly looking at a huge sum of salary needing to be payed with minus symbol in front of it. We had to sell James Rodriguez, which was a damn shame. Also, Bernardo Silva who had come through for us for many matches was let go. Then there were loaners who returned to their teams and we were looking at basically one team which had to play every match with hardly any rotation of players. But bless them, they usually still won it 1-0.

Then you got back into spending.

Yes. And before you ask, we did have an accepted offer for Griezman. I spent a long time looking at that offer but eventually decided against it. Could have seen us brutally slaying some teams with the combination of him, Mbappe, Suarez, Götze… but we would not be where we are today, still in every competition. Fatigue would have set in, losses would have started happening. Instead, I spent all that money from the sales on some nice, proven squad players. And even got Marco Reus in there as well. On a loan, admittedly.

You mentioned Reus, but Rafinha, Jordi Alba, Van Dijk, El Sharaawy, Sigþórsson, Gunnarsson, talk us through those buys.

Rafinha wanted to come and was relatively cheap so I took him on as a back up player. Same with Sigþórsson and Gunnarsson, who previously played for me at Fulham. El Sharaawy gives Walcott well needed backup on the right wing. He crosses the ball well. Reus plays left wing forward or AMF, depending on how Lacazette and Mbappe are feeling before each match. Van Dijk is a fantastic defender, I needed more players there. Also the left back postion was in dire straits, Jordi Alba has made it a really solid part of the team.

Sigþórsson has already had some goals.

Yeah he has surprised me to be honest. I have Suarez obviously as a lone striker with two wing forards on each side but Lacazette, Walcott, Reus, Götze, Mbappe, these can all play as strikers. Kolbeinn seems like a late choice in that position but when he gets the chance he usually delivers. He‘s now second choice behind Suarez.

So, 3 titles up for grabs. What are our chances?

The league is close, very close. No celebration until it‘s over, but a phenomenal collapse is needed with those 15 points in front of PSG. I fancy our chances in the cup as well, in the semis and our usual rivals for honors are all out. But it‘s a cup competition so anything can happen. The CL is where it‘s at. AC Milan next and some massive teams left. But the goal is obviosly to win it all.

Since this interview, Monaco now have an 18 point stranglehold on the League, and have a place in the French Cup final. But they are 2-0 down against AC Milan, which they will look to rectify on the home ground next week.

Really liked that one @Isslander we need more entries like this :) I especially hope we'll get more of this stuff once PES 18 comes out I rememeber when PES 15 came out we had a lot of gud posts with interviews and graphics and shit. We need this!

Dayum @tomj I woulda watch it if I was at home but I just came back :( Some ML livestreams would be nice. I could try one meself but I'd have to set up so much crap I'm tired just thinking about it.

Either way keep the thread going team, there was a time when I was posting some PES 6 MLs and screenshots all alone and thread was literally dead. But now people play and talk about ML again and that makes me a happy little man yes :D

TL;DR more of the gud shit plz!

Back
Top Bottom