The Master League adventures thread

FIFA haven't changed the career mode since 2014 at all.
What are you talking about?! They've added a chart that tells you whether you're selling enough shirts or not (which you can't really do anything about), and if you don't sell enough, the board dislike you! What more could you ask for? /sarcasm

It's a pretty sad state of affairs. You could give me the best gameplay in the world but if I've still got nothing to do in Master League other than click "next" between games - with all those randomly generated news articles that don't relate to the players or their situations in any way - then I'll be pretty bored pretty quickly.

remember Torinos injury crisis guys?

Belotti is back and Ljajic is 1 week away from returning.

Milik and Finnbogasson are both now out til March :D

Superstar scripting is calming down at last and allowing football to be played. .. . Leeds on the back of a run of 3 wins meet recently relegated Burnley. .. .a great game . . some decent football attempted by both sides . .and I get awarded a penalty .. ..will I score from it?

I forgot that free kicks are almost impossible to score from.

Superstar scripting is calming down at last and allowing football to be played. .. . Leeds on the back of a run of 3 wins meet recently relegated Burnley. .. .a great game . . some decent football attempted by both sides . .and I get awarded a penalty .. ..will I score from it?

I forgot that free kicks are almost impossible to score from.

Deco, how do you enjoy the game with so much scripting? Please tell me your secrets.

Deco, how do you enjoy the game with so much scripting? Please tell me your secrets.

The scripting is heavy for the first 3 seasons in Ml and then eases up a bit . ..I am actually enjoying it since 4 games ago and this match is great if you get a chance to watch it if you're bored ... . .you have to ride out the storm Topaz and stick to trying to play good football and it will come good.

Having an up and down season but still trying to play attractive football . .. next up is a Yorkshire derby between
Huddersfield Town and Leeds Utd .. . ..a gritty passionate affair between two teams struggling for points . ..a well balanced match.

Out of the Europa League in the last 32 by Viktoria Plzen :( the matches themselves didn't seem scripted but it's a proper pes scripted set of results, 1-1 in the first leg at home and 0-0 in the away leg with about 20 shots and they go through on away goals :CURSE:

Still got the TIM cup semi finals to come and up to 4th in the league though

Out of the Europa League in the last 32 by Viktoria Plzen :( the matches themselves didn't seem scripted but it's a proper pes scripted set of results, 1-1 in the first leg at home and 0-0 in the away leg with about 20 shots and they go through on away goals :CURSE:

Still got the TIM cup semi finals to come and up to 4th in the league though

At Least you know the story with the scripting. . .the hardcore scripting on mine eased up after the sixth match in the 3rd season and now I just take regular scripting as the norm.

I just had the most bs and scripted match in WE9LE ML. Didn't know PES 5/WE9 had scripting in it. Video coming soon!

I think it's difficult for a game to not be scripter. Or to be scripted and the player won't notice it. But well, we must deal with it :P When I get a too heavily scripted match, I replay it. I know it's cheating, but it works.

Here you go, the most scripted match I have played in WE9. Got me raging at the end!

At 16:13 is the peak of the scripting.

Last edited:
Here you go, the most scripted match I have played in WE9. Got me raging at the end!

At 16:13 is the peak of the scripting.

Topaz you're going a bit overboard blaming scripting .. . .it was all down to your own finishing. . .the only scripting I saw was their first goal where it rebounded off your defenders leg to their player. . .and probably a dodgy offside decision .. .their defender should have been sent off for that foul earlier. . .but what a chance you had when you messed up the pass at 85 mins.

Topaz you're going a bit overboard blaming scripting .. . .it was all down to your own finishing. . .the only scripting I saw was their first goal where it rebounded off your defenders leg to their player. . .and probably a dodgy offside decision .. .their defender should have been sent off for that foul earlier. . .but what a chance you had when you messed up the pass at 85 mins.

After Bojinov hit the crossbar at the 64th min and Ogbeche refused to move at all(even though he was offside), I kinda lost it. I was thoroughly enjoying the match even though from the video, you can say otherwise. But yeah, later on, I was being sarcastic blaming scripting for every little action so you are right.

After Bojinov hit the crossbar at the 64th min and Ogbeche refused to move at all(even though he was offside), I kinda lost it. I was thoroughly enjoying the match even though from the video, you can say otherwise. But yeah, later on, I was being sarcastic blaming scripting for every little action so you are right.

All good fun though buddy ha ha.

Laidback buildup play before the attack to the jugular. Opening goal of a 1-2 win for Leeds at Bolton.

Personally I never saw scripting in PES5. You just have to concentrate more when defending. I used to concede a lot of last minute goals thinking it was scripting but once I started to really concentrate and not panic I managed to clear the ball away. You can rip up the script in PES5.

Personally I never saw scripting in PES5. You just have to concentrate more when defending. I used to concede a lot of last minute goals thinking it was scripting but once I started to really concentrate and not panic I managed to clear the ball away. You can rip up the script in PES5.

Yeah, scripting on that game is more so that you are having a bad day/bad luck. I feel controlling my player is fine, it's just some easy chance missed and some rookie defensive mistake. However on PES 2016/2017, it's a whole another story. This is my favorite video:

Yeah, scripting on that game is more so that you are having a bad day/bad luck. I feel controlling my player is fine, it's just some easy chance missed and some rookie defensive mistake. However on PES 2016/2017, it's a whole another story. This is my favorite video:

The main scripting in Pes 2016 is when the AI pulls your centre halfs out of position and too far apart to allow the opposition a clear path to goal or make your defenders run away from the ball.

You may not notice it but its there .. it also works in your favour .. .if Iremember correctly when you reached a semi final or final of a cup it would switch on to beat you. I think it was pes 2013 or 14 where the Japanese thought it was hilarious to give your whole squad purple arrows in cup finals or important matches.

Sorry guys but have to disagree regarding scripting in PES5. There was also a 'Mentality' stat which would determine how well your players would play under pressure. For example when you get that feeling that the CPU could score any moment. Again, with composure and players with a high Mentality stat, you could stop the CPU scoring. Also with easy chances being missed, it was all about composure for me and that stat (so important). Obviously it worked for the CPU too. But I've played PES5 for too long to know that I could stop the so called 'scripting' because of my players having high Mentality and keeping composed. If I conceded that last minute goal it would either be my fault, my players fault, or the CPU just turning it on at the end, but stat based definately. That was why it was so important to substitute tired players because they would make mistakes, don't see that in PES2017.

Sorry for lack of paragraph breaks. ;)

Sorry guys but have to disagree regarding scripting in PES5. There was also a 'Mentality' stat which would determine how well your players would play under pressure. For example when you get that feeling that the CPU could score any moment. Again, with composure and players with a high Mentality stat, you could stop the CPU scoring. Also with easy chances being missed, it was all about composure for me and that stat (so important). Obviously it worked for the CPU too. But I've played PES5 for too long to know that I could stop the so called 'scripting' because of my players having high Mentality and keeping composed. If I conceded that last minute goal it would either be my fault, my players fault, or the CPU just turning it on at the end, but stat based definately. That was why it was so important to substitute tired players because they would make mistakes, don't see that in PES2017.

Sorry for lack of paragraph breaks. ;)

The Cpu turning what on at the end? Scripting perhaps?

Here's a great example of scripting going in your favour in Pes 2016 ML. . . unbelievable stuff . .nothing happened in the match until the 63rd minute . .. in injury time I was dead and buried. . . . until. . .. .. .

Scripting debate!

PES 5/6: I feel like there has to be something but I always know I can fight against it. So it's either subtle, or well-balanced, or both. Hell sometimes I'd even feel happy that AI ramps up the challenge a little bit. Definitely not an issue.

PES 2015/2016: Lottery. Even at TS 99 Belenenses in PES 2016 some games were ridiculous. I still remember one of my very first games of that ML vividly, 4-4 against Porto with massive shitfuckery from both sides.

PES 2017: Well...almost at TS 99 and sometimes it feels like that scripting thing is actually ruining AI instead of me for once. See for yerself below!

Okay first things first: UEFA what is wrong with you man.

i9lzfVu.jpg

He wasn't even top scorer in Serie A this year! Perica did better goddamit UEFA what is you thinking silly old people! Welp, whatever.

After winning SUPERCOPPA we had some really weird luck. First league game, we've lost to Empoli 0-1. I mean what! Then it was really all sorts of rollercoaster, I blame my confidence mostly, but also the invisible hand of KONAMI a little bit. I've even lost against Sampdoria damn! For the first time! Derby game lost! It shouldn't be derby since Spezia is beefing with Genoa (not Sampdoria) but whatever it's a rivalry and we've lost! League was a mixed bag of glory and shit, but Champions League was slaughterhouse. First game, we beat Atleti 4-0, then Bordeaux gets 4-1 and Mythlosomething gets beaten too. We've won all six games! Although last one with Bordeaux I just skipped because why bother and even then we won 1-0.

eiUnYQn.jpg

In meantime both Napoli and Roma got me in Serie A. At the time Torino and Milan were fighting for the first place, we and Juventus were catching-up since we've both had a slow start. Finally, after beating Torino (2-1, really hard and really good game) we've got back on track...not! Even worse, we've lost another derby game against true evil of this planet, GENOA, NOOOOOO THIS IS THE END, well it's not because I've won every league game since (so like 8 in a row now atm). That includes beating Juventus for the second time, and also finally grabbing three points from Roma.

U3Oq5cR.jpg

I'm at TS 97 or 98 at the moment and we became a killing machine. I'm scared of Superstar since scriptology might come back. I have no need for manual since I don't feel cheated on PA1 like it was in PES 15/16. Games against equal or weaker rivals are shooting practice. Poor Frosinone got eight goals in the face, although they're heading back to Serie B so it's no surprise. Playing against top Serie A teams now that's good show. Actually I've got knocked out of TIM Cup in 3rd round again! By Milan. 1-0 and then I've lost 2-4 on San Siro and tbh it was one of those shady games. Four shots, four goals for Milan otoh they have players with some yuuge stats so they're bound to be dangerous.

qtKxDcg.jpg

I just...I can live with this! I was winning some league titles in PES 15/16 on Superstar and it was god-awful, I just wanted the season to end so I can go and do something else. Here I still have some challenge (I gotta keep winning because everybody is winning too) and playing against other title contenders is top notch. Shooting is god-awful, I wish Basic was working. With manual, if I feel good I fuck people up so badly, like Inter or Lazio who both lost 2-5 because my manual game was top!

My team changed a bit during winter. After finding out Hirasawa and Vitor Gomes are FILTHY REGENS they were promptly sold. I've acquired Capezzi from Crotone and Strada from Brescia, just hoping they'll become proteges quick and start lllleveling up their game. I really like team roles. Wish there was maybe more but eeeh it's good fun. Now I have three Creators (Angelino, Perica and Mastour) and they develop real good. Perica especially has a great year. I've lost my faith in Petagna somewhat, he's growing too damn slow and Thiago Santos is doing really well. So at this time Perica is #1. I'll maybe swap Ghiglione with some better attacker this summer but that's like my only goal. Oh, another good DMF could come in handy. But otherwise team is finally coming together, look at the TS - would be higher but Vignali is injured and Capezzi is new :( . Overall strength also went up to 76, so maybe that's why we are so good, often packing 3-4 goals per game.

SwuAZUz.jpg

If we can beat Napoli, and later on Milan I'm confident we'll be sole champion this year. In Champions League we'll face Benfica, I really want to get at least to semifinal, I need that money man!

Honestly, I really enjoy that Master League. If they can tweak some stuff (money) and add some stuff (whatever, I'd like more stadiums!) I will be extremely happy with things. Also, is stamina finally a thing? Feels like my players, when tired, are slower etc. at last. It wasn't a thing in PES 15/16. This, and also building up TS means you gotta rotate that squad and I really, really like that.

Also, since we don't see AI teams TS in ML this time, is it still there or maybe konami removed it for AI? Maybe that's why scripting is way less intensive across the board. In PES 17 it's consistent, in PES 16 it's random. That's how I feel.

If things will improve in 2018 we're in for one helluva Master League Year. Can't wait! :D

The Cpu turning what on at the end? Scripting perhaps?

Trying to score, turning on the pressure, just like we would do against the CPU if losing.

Ive had games where the CPU had bombarded me attack after attack at the end and times when my defender has made a mistake and in the back of my mind i'm thinking 'ok they are going to score' but they don't. They get a corner and im still thinking the same but i'm able to head it away.

Nope, i havent experienced scripting in PES5. Need to agree to disagree i'm afraid Deco. ;)

Back
Top Bottom