The Master League adventures thread

Sounds absolutely great that you enjoy it so much.
You should have a fucking gold medal for patience and perseverance,I'd probably be out like looking for a brawl with those losses,really admire your durability mate.
10-1? man...yeah the CPU can really A** Fu** you when they get going.

The good thing atm with this game is,even if you get spanked properly,don't really feel that the AI cheats that much,they cheat of course,it's a game,but very nicely,a bit of bad touch,a bit of slipping etc.

Yeah,simmed my CL game,won 1-0, too tired to play it since I had Roma and a cup double header.
Roma gave me the business,4-1 got a straight red card,had two injuries,they dominated me completely.
Well deserved win,could have been worse.

Played Salernitana away,pretty much parked the bus on me,a proper wall,couldn't play through,couldn't use the wings,only trying to score from long range.
Scored on a freekick in the 80th,they had to attack,and I scored on a counter to make it 2-0.
Played with a "reserve" lineup.
Probably do it again at home.

Just hang in there mate,always nice to read about games

Those losses are part of playing with the default team . .the whole point of it is to build gradually with fuck all money. I fully expected a drubbing from Inter who are one of the top sides . . .I was hoping for an 8-1 defeat if I'm honest... .there was absolutely nothing I could do about it . .the gulf in class was huge and I had a reserve keeper in goal with an overall stat of 60 but as you said at least the scripting isn't completely overdone and it is done subtly.

Inter will pay for this humiliation when I build up a decent side lol.

Those losses are part of playing with the default team . .the whole point of it is to build gradually with fuck all money. I fully expected a drubbing from Inter who are one of the top sides . . .I was hoping for an 8-1 defeat if I'm honest... .there was absolutely nothing I could do about it . .the gulf in class was huge and I had a reserve keeper in goal with an overall stat of 60 but as you said at least the scripting isn't completely overdone and it is done subtly.

Inter will pay for this humiliation when I build up a decent side lol.
Yeah,get those nerazzuri bastards a good trashing when you got a decent side.
Love playing them with my Milan,rough games.

Got my loan signing Negredo to score in a comfy second leg win vs Salernitana.
Played 3-5-2, good to get that system a go.
Next up HJK Helsinki in CL,should be easy,shit team,then away at Napoli and Udinese at home.
Probably happy with 2 point from those games.
One thing every footballer says,who has played in Serie A-B,if you can score there,you'd score anywhere.
Defensively probably the best league

Last edited:
Yeah,get those nerazzuri bastards a good trashing when you got a decent side.
Love playing them with my Milan,rough games.

Got my loan signing Negredo to score in a comfy second leg win vs Salernitana.
Played 3-5-2, good to get that system a go.
Next up HJK Helsinki in CL,should be easy,shit team,then away at Napoli and Udinese at home.
Probably happy with 2 point from those games.
One thing every footballer says,who has played in Serie A-B,if you can score there,you'd score anywhere.
Defensively probably the best league

My matches are going back and forth as in 2 wins here 2 losses there. Frustrating not having money to buy players but that's what I signed up to.

Had 2 brilliant matches tonight the first against Como Calcio . . great game I went 2 goals up in the first half courtesy of my main striker Cavasa and thought I had it wrapped up but they were trying intricate clever moves which were nearly coming off. The second half was back and forth attacking between both of us and they sent a ball high from the back to their striker who nodded it back to an incoming midfielder who caught it on a half volley and went in like a bullet. Their second goal was a gem. .a mixture of quick passing and long balls lovely to watch until they crossed and their striker leaped between two of my defenders and performed a cushioned header into the top corner .. marvellous goal 2-2 is how it ended.

Next up was Crotone who usually beat me . .fantastic tempo to the game with both of us constantly probing. .their defence was rock solid . .I had rearranged my defence in case I went ahead and was going to shut up shop if I scored. Intense pressure from them until I caught them on the break late in the second half and Tutinho slid it home 1-0. I put my defensive plan into action. . a solid deep 4-4-2 and right at the end their striker did an amazing move . . he received the ball on the edge of my box with three defenders pressing and somehow performed a brilliant couple of feints and flicks and chipped the ball without looking up . .it hit the crossbar with my keeper buried but I managed to frantically clear it and just held on.

One of those matches where you feel mentally drained from concentrating.

Last edited:
My matches are going back and forth as in 2 wins here 2 losses there. Frustrating not having money to buy players but that's what I signed up to.

Had 2 brilliant matches tonight the first against Como Calcio . . great game I went 2 goals up in the first half courtesy of my main striker Cavasa and thought I had it wrapped up but they were trying intricate clever moves which were nearly coming off. The second half was back and forth attacking between both of us and they sent a ball high from the back to their striker who nodded it back to an incoming midfielder who caught it on a half volley and went in like a bullet. Their second goal was a gem. .a mixture of quick passing and long balls lovely to watch until they crossed and their striker leaped between two of my defenders and performed a cushioned header into the top corner .. marvellous goal 2-2 is how it ended.

Next up was Crotone who usually beat me . .fantastic tempo to the game with both of us constantly probing. .their defence was rock solid . .I had rearranged my defence in case I went ahead and was going to shut up shop if I scored. Intense pressure from them until I caught them on the break late in the second half and Tutinho slid it home 1-0. I put my defensive plan into action. . a solid deep 4-4-2 and right at the end their striker did an amazing move . . he received the ball on the edge of my box with three defenders pressing and somehow performed a brilliant couple of feints and flicks and chipped the ball without looking up . .it hit the crossbar with my keeper buried but I managed to frantically clear it and just held on.

One of those matches where you feel mentally drained from concentrating.
That last game sounds like my Juve game,brilliant stuff.
I play at most,three games in a row,cause it really drains you.
Serie B,which I usually play two-three times a season in the cup are rough to break down.
If you score they open up a little bit,but if they hold on to a draw,let alone,winning,tough as hell.

Had the afternoon of at the beach,but played 4 games during the evening.
CL vs Helsinki,bit boring,won the game 2-1 at home,as I should.
Napoli away,got rolled properly,2-4,didn't stand a chance,bit tired squad atm
Next up Udinese at home,afternoon game in the rain,the rainy pitches really drains your players fast.
Controlled the game and won 1-0 on a scrapper from Negredo,tough game,hard to break them down.
Last game Palermo away,didn't give them much,kept poss,attacked them constantly.
1-0 by Bacca,long shot that hit the post,def cleared it on a team mate,high ball and Bacca headed it in.
In the 60th Palermo scored on a corner,fucked up my marking on it.
Went all out offensively,couldn't score,post,goal line clearing,you name it.
Finally in the 88th I scored on a crossed header,they were on their knees then.

Just like you,completely drained,good fun though.
Next few games is Sporting away,and Lazio at home,so should be good hard games.
Let you know tmw mate

Last edited:
Two quick games this morning first one up Avellino a bit of a bogey side for me. They didn't seem to want to know about the match .. . I had complete domination of midfield and my defence marshalled everything. . they sat back and were lucky not to be well behind . . .I eventually scored with Cavasa in the first half and then the A.i still does one thing that's annoying . .they kicked off the second half and scored straight away 1-1.. then it turned into a very scrappy affair neither of us could get a foot on the ball until a ball was sent through to Castledine a default star player of mine apparently and he volleyed home the winner 2-1.

Second match was against Novara I was well on top but their keeper was saving everything that I threw at him . . . some impressive low one handed saves as well. I had eight corners in a row, I looked up the goalies rating and he was only 61. I eventually chipped a hopeful ball to Cavasa who chested it and turned the defender and made space to his left and hit a floating left foot shot into the opposite corner 1-0 impressive cos he's a right footer. Second half they came at me and scored a decent goal 1-1 and then had the audacity to try and beat me and were making headway . .. so I made a couple of subs and their keeper was pulling off miraculous saves from volley's, headers the lot until my main man Rozzi picked it up 40 yards out and ghosted by a couple of them and hit a low drive into the corner in the 88th minute and we won 2-1.

What looked like a walk in the park ended up a tough dodgy match. That's 7 wins and a draw thrown in . Unbeaten in 8 matches and up to 12th and 11 points behind the 3rd placed team. Dare I dream of promotion? Loving this Master league.

I only had time for one game last night, but it was a good one, despite the score.

I could see that the opposition was playing 4-5-1 where the vast majority play 4-4-2. I knew I should make some changes, but I was playing (as Bolton) against Rotherham, who were several places below me in the table (after the last few results, I was 6th, while they were 12th). I decided not to upset the "team spirit" and continue with my 4-4-2, bucket midfield (i.e. two deep CMs, two high wide players).

After the first half, it was 0-0, with 2 shots each. Barely managed to make any chances, and honestly, I was pretty happy with the difference in the gameplay (again, I keep bouncing back and forth between PES and FIFA and coming away wishing they had this or that feature that's present in the other game).

I decided that, given their surprisingly strong midfield, I'd take a 0-0 but push for a win if I could get one, so I made no changes, hoping I'd get the opportunity that would get me the win.

Unfortunately, late in the second half, one of the Rotherham players hit a pass to someone who was surrounded by three players - two of mine and one of his own. The recipient ran into my defender, who tried to hit the ball upfield, but it hit the recipient's shin and rebounded perfectly for his team-mate to run onto (in acres of space) and he slotted it past the keeper.

It finished 1-0 to them, and I've dropped from 6th to 7th, with Rotherham now 8th.

Lesson learnt - though, the next game is a real test (for the team and for my enjoyment of the game and how superior attributes are translated into gameplay)... I've been drawn against Tottenham in the FA Cup... But at least I'm at home... Whimper.

Sounds like you guys,Chris and Deco had good games.
Haven't played The Championship since PES 13,played Boro,think I had 2 seasons before promotion to the PL,enjoyed it.
thats the worst part of being on XB1 pr Ps4,you can't go back and play older games.
Avelinno is promoted and plays Serie A in my campaign,like them,since they're one of few teams playing in green and white,and supporting a team in those colours,have a soft spot for em.
Yeah,hope you get som games under your belt tonight Elja,will play a few later on,have a very important game vs Sporting,a win and I'm through to the last 32 in CL

Three games played tonite.
First game Sporting away in the CL.
Nothing much to report there,1-0 win,good solid game,didn't create much offensively,but scored on corner,deflection of an opponent,and an easy tap in.
Good defence from my boys.

2nd game vs Lazio at home.
Boy o boy,that was a war,mainly in the midfield,high pace,lots of tackles,didn't have that may chances on goal,only one really good one,missed that one,on the other hand Lazio only managed to create two good chances against my defence,both saved by Lopez.
Game ended 0-0,bit worried about my off,second game that I create very few 100% chances.
Defence rock solid,with team spirit increasing,usually between 86-91, my def really plays well together.
That's a good thing from Konami,team is performing well and together.

3rd game Chievo at home.
Did set up a very attack oriented team,and in the 19th minute a scored from a cross,def couldn't clear it and I stole it and scored easily.
2nd goal in the 65th minute Negredo went between two def just outside the box and scored from 10 meters.
And the Negredo show continued in the 71st minute,1-2 with Montolivo outside the box,missed tackle by their DMF and he was through on goal,GK came out,chipped it over him and 3-0.

So got my scoring back on track,def is working very well only conceded 1 goal the last 4, so looking healthy.
Next game a rivalry vs Genoa,who's got H Kane up on top,hope he's as horrible as he was in the Euros:)
But it will be tough,Genoa is ranked 7th in the league,those middle of the pack teams are always tricky.
Then Barca at home,pointless game,since I'm through to the next round,probably sim it with my reserves.

I'm 12 games in now,holding a fifth spot on 21 pts,Roma is first on 28.
Unlike last year,this will probably be a 4-5 team race for the Scudetto,last year Juve just went all out and was way to rough.
Think there's been three different leaders the last four rounds,so should be fun.
Aiming for a CL spot this year

Last edited:
Three games played tonite.
First game Sporting away in the CL.
Nothing much to report there,1-0 win,good solid game,didn't create much offensively,but scored on corner,deflection of an opponent,and an easy tap in.
Good defence from my boys.

2nd game vs Lazio at home.
Boy o boy,that was a war,mainly in the midfield,high pace,lots of tackles,didn't have that may chances on goal,only one really good one,missed that one,on the other hand Lazio only managed to create two good chances against my defence,both saved by Lopez.
Game ended 0-0,bit worried about my off,second game that I create very few 100% chances.
Defence rock solid,with team spirit increasing,usually between 86-91, my def really plays well together.
That's a good thing from Konami,team is performing well and together.

3rd game Chievo at home.
Did set up a very attack oriented team,and in the 19th minute a scored from a cross,def couldn't clear it and I stole it and scored easily.
2nd goal in the 65th minute Negredo went between two def just outside the box and scored from 10 meters.
And the Negredo show continued in the 71st minute,1-2 with Montolivo outside the box,missed tackle by their DMF and he was through on goal,GK came out,chipped it over him and 3-0.

So got my scoring back on track,def is working very well only conceded 1 goal the last 4, so looking healthy.
Next game a rivalry vs Genoa,who's got H Kane up on top,hope he's as horrible as he was in the Euros:)
But it will be tough,Genoa is ranked 7th in the league,those middle of the pack teams are always tricky.
Then Barca at home,pointless game,since I'm through to the next round,probably sim it with my reserves.

I'm 12 games in now,holding a fifth spot on 21 pts,Roma is first on 28.
Unlike last year,this will probably be a 4-5 team race for the Scudetto,last year Juve just went all out and was way to rough.
Think there's been three different leaders the last four rounds,so should be fun.
Aiming for a CL spot this year

Your forwrds are overpaid Rockstrong they're getting complacent lol. Genoa can be a dirty team in a derby match watch you don't pick up injuries. I've had a mixed bag the last few matches . .my winning streak came to an abrupt end when I encountered Livorno. They came at me like a nest of hornets with a pressing 4-3-3 and went 3-0 up in no time .. I was chasing shadows most of the match and kept experimenting with my tactics to find a way through I pulled a goal back and then they got a fourth but I got another at the end 4-2. . well beaten. The next match was against Salernitana and I got an easy 2-0 win.

Then I played Pescara who I had easily beaten in our last encounter . . .looked like it was as you were in this one. . . I went one up through my 6'7" secret weapon Veerman . .I thought it was a great header but on close inspection it hit his shoulder and went in. .I was cruising but they scored before half-time. Different story second half they played brilliant and got 3 lovely goals to win 4-1. Next up was Latina easy 3-1 win for me.

Last match was against Ascoli and was a brilliant game end to end stuff
I went one up with an excellent header from Couthino a placed low header just inside the upright. It was touch and go and their defence was very good . . they pulled one back in the second half 1-1 and it looked like it was heading for a stalemate. . both of us were running out of ideas. . . until the 85th minute when I was probing 10 yards outside their box when the ball came to my player Castledine who gestured to pass down the wing but in a split second changed his mind and hit a fantastic shot from 25m out without any backlift. . .and with the goalie diving fully stretched went into the top corner .. wow what a strike, I watched the replay and it actually swerved in from going outside of the post . .keeper hadn't a hope 2-1 a win from nowhere. . .Things like that in pes make it what it is .. .I've seven matches left and I think it's mathematically impossible to get promoted.

Last edited:
I made a new save on my PES 2016, initially I just wanted to play around with default settings (yeah guys, going arcade here) So I started a Master League in the La Liga with Real Betis. Like I said, default settings: 10 minutes matches, Level 1 pass support, Basic Shooting, 0 game speed, Dynamic wide camera. A bit fast and arcadey, especially after playing -2 gamespeed and full manuals, but I must say it's a hell of a lot FUN.

So I finished the first month of my Masterleague and here are the results:

2lc8mkz.jpg

There were no easy matches so far.. Although I won 3-1 and 2-0 in the first two matches, my opponent caused many troubles. And in the third match against Atletico I was just lucky to get a draw. Fernando Torres was terrible, at least 3 times he was one on one with my goal keeper but all of his shots went wide.

My best player so far is Damiao, very quick and smart in finding space to score, it feels so good controlling him.

And here is the table after 3 matches:

2z6v14x.jpg

Great start for me getting 7 points and only behind Barca and Madrid. Still a long way to go though.

Now I have two saves, but for now I'm sticking with this one, its just simple arcade fun :D

Good to hear that you're playing it Elja hope you enjoy it while you play it. .. .what's your other save and are you on Superstar?

I made a new save on my PES 2016, initially I just wanted to play around with default settings (yeah guys, going arcade here) So I started a Master League in the La Liga with Real Betis. Like I said, default settings: 10 minutes matches, Level 1 pass support, Basic Shooting, 0 game speed, Dynamic wide camera. A bit fast and arcadey, especially after playing -2 gamespeed and full manuals, but I must say it's a hell of a lot FUN.

So I finished the first month of my Masterleague and here are the results:

2lc8mkz.jpg

There were no easy matches so far.. Although I won 3-1 and 2-0 in the first two matches, my opponent caused many troubles. And in the third match against Atletico I was just lucky to get a draw. Fernando Torres was terrible, at least 3 times he was one on one with my goal keeper but all of his shots went wide.

My best player so far is Damiao, very quick and smart in finding space to score, it feels so good controlling him.

And here is the table after 3 matches:

2z6v14x.jpg

Great start for me getting 7 points and only behind Barca and Madrid. Still a long way to go though.

Now I have two saves, but for now I'm sticking with this one, its just simple arcade fun :D
Played on -2 for a few games, but got a bit to sluggish,so my preference is -1 nowadays.
Understand the "out of the box settings" tried on FIFA ,and enjoyed it.
Good that you got a Save going,what's your settings on your other save mate?

Your forwrds are overpaid Rockstrong they're getting complacent lol. Genoa can be a dirty team in a derby match watch you don't pick up injuries. I've had a mixed bag the last few matches . .my winning streak came to an abrupt end when I encountered Livorno. They came at me like a nest of hornets with a pressing 4-3-3 and went 3-0 up in no time .. I was chasing shadows most of the match and kept experimenting with my tactics to find a way through I pulled a goal back and then they got a fourth but I got another at the end 4-2. . well beaten. The next match was against Salernitana and I got an easy 2-0 win.

Then I played Pescara who I had easily beaten in our last encounter . . .looked like it was as you were in this one. . . I went one up through my 6'7" secret weapon Veerman . .I thought it was a great header but on close inspection it hit his shoulder and went in. .I was cruising but they scored before half-time. Different story second half they played brilliant and got 3 lovely goals to win 4-1. Next up was Latina easy 3-1 win for me.

Last match was against Ascoli and was a brilliant game end to end stuff
I went one up with an excellent header from Couthino a placed low header just inside the upright. It was touch and go and their defence was very good . . they pulled one back in the second half 1-1 and it looked like it was heading for a stalemate. . both of us were running out of ideas. . . until the 85th minute when I was probing 10 yards outside their box when the ball came to my player Castledine who gestured to pass down the wing but in a split second changed his mind and hit a fantastic shot from 25m out without any backlift. . .and with the goalie diving fully stretched went into the top corner .. wow what a strike, I watched the replay and it actually swerved in from going outside of the post . .keeper hadn't a hope 2-1 a win from nowhere. . .Things like that in pes make it what it is .. .I've seven matches left and I think it's mathematically impossible to get promoted.
Ha ha,yeah,overpaid bastards,been using a striker I had out on loan last season,Niang,works well with Negredo,Bacca has been on a cold streak for a while,might sell him,had offers for around €15 m.

Another season in Serie B then?
Up for it,or moving on?
Think I'll go for a lower ranked Serie A team next time around (PES 17) like Palermo,or a highly rated Serie B like next seasons Verona.
Did you see the trailer for PES 17? Looks promising mate.
Still enjoying this one though,hopefully get at least 5 seasons done before switching

Ha ha,yeah,overpaid bastards,been using a striker I had out on loan last season,Niang,works well with Negredo,Bacca has been on a cold streak for a while,might sell him,had offers for around €15 m.

Another season in Serie B then?
Up for it,or moving on?
Think I'll go for a lower ranked Serie A team next time around (PES 17) like Palermo,or a highly rated Serie B like next seasons Verona.
Did you see the trailer for PES 17? Looks promising mate.
Still enjoying this one though,hopefully get at least 5 seasons done before switching

I'm in it for the long Haul Rockstrong I'll stay in Serie B as long as it takes to get promoted . .I'm enjoying it. . . btw I could get relegated back down in the first season . ..my main enjoyment is building a cheapish team to play against the big boys. I saw the trailer and commented on the Pes 2017 thread .. . very impressed, the music at the start and presentation were great. I thought the ball looked heavier and had more bobble which is what we need. It's obvious the 'gameplay' was as staged as a WWF fight to replicate real barca goals. I'm very optimistic about the new game . .sure I'm still enjoying the old one at the moment.

Are you gonna stick it out on this Master League with Milan or are the bright lights of Verona proving too much of a temptation? ha ha. .. . keep posting some game reports Rock or I'll look nuts answering my own stuff.

I'm in it for the long Haul Rockstrong I'll stay in Serie B as long as it takes to get promoted . .I'm enjoying it. . . btw I could get relegated back down in the first season . ..my main enjoyment is building a cheapish team to play against the big boys. I saw the trailer and commented on the Pes 2017 thread .. . very impressed, the music at the start and presentation were great. I thought the ball looked heavier and had more bobble which is what we need. It's obvious the 'gameplay' was as staged as a WWF fight to replicate real barca goals. I'm very optimistic about the new game . .sure I'm still enjoying the old one at the moment.

Are you gonna stick it out on this Master League with Milan or are the bright lights of Verona proving too much of a temptation? ha ha. .. . keep posting some game reports Rock or I'll look nuts answering my own stuff.

Ha ha I'll stick with Milan,building a dynasty ala early 90's mate.
Really like the stuff you're doing,might have an extra save doing a small Serie B club.
Is it different in default when it comes to budget for transfers? smaller budget for it? Or just that the player aren't wort fuck all?

Will deffo keep posting,love this game right now,and even more I'm psyched about 17, will probably buy it a month or two after released,no need before transfer deadline and the odd bug out.

Ha ha I'll stick with Milan,building a dynasty ala early 90's mate.
Really like the stuff you're doing,might have an extra save doing a small Serie B club.
Is it different in default when it comes to budget for transfers? smaller budget for it? Or just that the player aren't wort fuck all?

Will deffo keep posting,love this game right now,and even more I'm psyched about 17, will probably buy it a month or two after released,no need before transfer deadline and the odd bug out.

Well I got about 6 million for transfers I think that's the average for lower division teams. . the thing is you're stuck with mainly default players for a few seasons. .it's like if you took over a League of Ireland side or a similar team in your country. This is why you have to spend wisely cos you ain't going to get that much for your own players. It's a tough challenge . .none of this 'I'm bored with this striker and think I'll lash out 20 million for a new one' . .I enjoy it you might hate it.

Btw just had two great matches one against Brescia which I won 2-1 when I brought on Rozzi to rescue me and the second was against Vicenza. .. I was leading 1-0 with tap in from Casava when he came in on the blind side from a cross with the defence napping .. just before halftime they pulled one back. It was an outstanding match totally free open play . in the second half after 80 mins I gave away a penalty and they scored. . .in the last match I gave one away as well but saved it. So I pressed hard for an equaliser and it looked hopeless...but in the 95th minute I lunged at a player on the wing and it looked a foul but the ref let it go and I passed the ball on the ground to Casava who was tightly marked by the centre half .. so I did that move where you drag the ball back slightly and push past at the same time and unleashed a left foot curler into the top corner .. it was magic, got me a deserved draw 2-2.

I realised I have a slight chance of making the playoffs with 3 games left but my next game is against Carpi the leaders ..that's bound to be a defeat.

Well I got about 6 million for transfers I think that's the average for lower division teams. . the thing is you're stuck with mainly default players for a few seasons. .it's like if you took over a League of Ireland side or a similar team in your country. This is why you have to spend wisely cos you ain't going to get that much for your own players. It's a tough challenge . .none of this 'I'm bored with this striker and think I'll lash out 20 million for a new one' . .I enjoy it you might hate it.

Btw just had two great matches one against Brescia which I won 2-1 when I brought on Rozzi to rescue me and the second was against Vicenza. .. I was leading 1-0 with tap in from Casava when he came in on the blind side from a cross with the defence napping .. just before halftime they pulled one back. It was an outstanding match totally free open play . in the second half after 80 mins I gave away a penalty and they scored. . .in the last match I gave one away as well but saved it. So I pressed hard for an equaliser and it looked hopeless...but in the 95th minute I lunged at a player on the wing and it looked a foul but the ref let it go and I passed the ball on the ground to Casava who was tightly marked by the centre half .. so I did that move where you drag the ball back slightly and push past at the same time and unleashed a left foot curler into the top corner .. it was magic, got me a deserved draw 2-2.

I realised I have a slight chance of making the playoffs with 3 games left but my next game is against Carpi the leaders ..that's bound to be a defeat.
Man,those games when you equalise or even get a game winner late,that's pretty much why you play,or support your local team,one game like that makes up for 100 shit games.

Think I'll like the concept of default teams,use to play a lot FM,always with the team that I support,always shitty squad and no cash.
Might give it a go mate.
Been playing on Top player this season,but will start playing SS next game.
Mainly because I think the opponents usually sits with their team very low and doesn't push forward as much as they do on SS.
Especially the lower ranked side,damn near impossible to score right now.
1-0 win over Genua merda,and 4-0 loss to Barca,pretty much what I'd expected.
Have Cagliari/Novara/Verona next games coming up,should,must be 9 pts

Can you park the bus,and steal at least one point vs Carpi?
Will it be enough to have a shot at the playoffs?
Good luck

Just played one game on Super star vs Cagliari.
What I felt in diffence compared to TP.
Like switching from -2 to -1 in game speed.
Felt like they were not running in mud anymore.
And also,my really pacey players did beat slower defender,something that never happend on TP.
Also if you're good at playing manual,boy you could open the game up with good passing,especially when counter attacking.

The opponents doesn't sit as low as they do on TP,they attack more.
Plus more mistakes by CPU.
Downside,just like last season,defending was harder,mot necessary the opponents,but your own defenders,not holding good positions,and slow to a react in critical situations.
Scoreline of 5-3 my way pretty much tell the whole story.
But will go back to SS again

Journey continued with two more games.
Novara away,afternoon game,rainy,did really dominate this game,had 12-1 in shots,but had a hard time scoring.
Won 1-0, their defence couldn't handle my pressure and pretty much gave away the ball to one of my strikers.
Kept the ball as much as possible last 20 m

Game two vs Hellas Verona at home.
Went for it straight away,think momentum is huge thing in this game,the longer it's 0-0 the stronger a weaker team becomes.
Scored 1-0 on a corner,9th minute,couldn't be cleared,so easy goal.
2-0 44th minute,had a shot defender collected the ball,put pressure on him,not by chasing him,but just put pressure,stole the ball and 2-0
3-0 in the 80th corner,def cleared it out,my mf shot it from 25 m
Verona had 2-3 chances,nothing major,good defensively effort by my team.
They almost scored in inj tim though,shot tipped out by Lopez,second chance hits the post and out.
Good game.
Really love being back on SS,didn't see all these errors from CPU on TP,and also passing feels so smooth.

Next Helsinki last CL group stage game,saw that I need 1 point if Sporting wins to be through to next round.
And then my bogey team,Sassuolo always have a hard time vs them
last but not least,Derby della madoninna!
My derby vs Inter

Last edited:
Just played one game on Super star vs Cagliari.
What I felt in diffence compared to TP.
Like switching from -2 to -1 in game speed.
Felt like they were not running in mud anymore.
And also,my really pacey players did beat slower defender,something that never happend on TP.
Also if you're good at playing manual,boy you could open the game up with good passing,especially when counter attacking.

The opponents doesn't sit as low as they do on TP,they attack more.
Plus more mistakes by CPU.
Downside,just like last season,defending was harder,mot necessary the opponents,but your own defenders,not holding good positions,and slow to a react in critical situations.
Scoreline of 5-3 my way pretty much tell the whole story.
But will go back to SS again

I prefer SS. . . . Top player becomes too easy. As for my game against Carpi holy fuck scripted shite . .hammered 7-1 every shot they took went in and off the upright .. I drew the next two matches so no playoff for me.

Decided to strengthen my squad and needed to sell some players who just didn't do it for me. I needed a decent centre back and got Almorin or something but he cost me 10 million but made a difference to the defence. My scout kept recommending King from Bournemouth, a Norwegian winger come striker so I bought him and I sold Belloti a striker for 7 mill and a few other no hopers who were milking the club with big wages but were useless. I got another winger with a double barrel name and a goal poacher Munoz I think on a free. Still trying to off load a few more but they're only offering me half the prices. I'm trying to sign a good DM to add a bit of steel to midfield.

Played one game tonight in the new season against Ascoli and King scored . . the whole shape of the team looked better. Ascoli equalised when an invisible wall stopped me tackling the scorer but it was tastefully done. I went all out attack with 20 mins left and they scored an o.g 2-1 to me . .they started to look really dangerous amd equalised and I sensed I was going to lose. I was blocking attempts on goal which normally would have gone in and it was supposed to be 3 mins injury time and they kept coming at me and the ref wouldn't blow the poxy whistle. .I thought I was playing against Ferguson for a minute and then this doozy happened . . they took a hopeful shot which ricocheted all over the kip hitting legs and then my defender kicked the ball against my goalies head and it went in 2-3 .. if I had a cat I'd have kicked it. .I looked at the clock 97 mins was played. Really felt robbed by the scripting but that's the way it goes.

I prefer SS. . . . Top player becomes too easy. As for my game against Carpi holy fuck scripted shite . .hammered 7-1 every shot they took went in and off the upright .. I drew the next two matches so no playoff for me.

Decided to strengthen my squad and needed to sell some players who just didn't do it for me. I needed a decent centre back and got Almorin or something but he cost me 10 million but made a difference to the defence. My scout kept recommending King from Bournemouth, a Norwegian winger come striker so I bought him and I sold Belloti a striker for 7 mill and a few other no hopers who were milking the club with big wages but were useless. I got another winger with a double barrel name and a goal poacher Munoz I think on a free. Still trying to off load a few more but they're only offering me half the prices. I'm trying to sign a good DM to add a bit of steel to midfield.

Played one game tonight in the new season against Ascoli and King scored . . the whole shape of the team looked better. Ascoli equalised when an invisible wall stopped me tackling the scorer but it was tastefully done. I went all out attack with 20 mins left and they scored an o.g 2-1 to me . .they started to look really dangerous amd equalised and I sensed I was going to lose. I was blocking attempts on goal which normally would have gone in and it was supposed to be 3 mins injury time and they kept coming at me and the ref wouldn't blow the poxy whistle. .I thought I was playing against Ferguson for a minute and then this doozy happened . . they took a hopeful shot which ricocheted all over the kip hitting legs and then my defender kicked the ball against my goalies head and it went in 2-3 .. if I had a cat I'd have kicked it. .I looked at the clock 97 mins was played. Really felt robbed by the scripting but that's the way it goes.
Joshua King,remember him at a loan spell with Rovers,think he scored a hat trick vs Villa? In the cup,which one,can't remember.

Haven't had any crazy scripted goals in a while,hopefully they stay out.
But I bet they'll turn up vs Inter.
Extra time in this game should be renamed Fergie time,sometimes insane.
Feel a bit more confident with this squad then?
My boys keeps delivering,hopefully it continues,team spirit at 94,plays a big part
Conceding goals like you just described has probably cost me two hand controllers in the past,no cats though,yet!

You're right about momentum in this game Rockstrong if you score the balnce swings in your favour and you have to take advantage of the window of opportunity.

I had one quick game early this morning and was up against Crotone, My star players had purple arrows so I had to switch to a defensive set up and hit them on the break. I got a great start when Cavasa picked it up outside the box and hit a great shot into the top corner. . the keeper didn't move and just watched it go in .. 1-0, a while later my midfielder Kurcicic (think that's his name) picked it up and dribbled and hit a shot into the same corner 2-0. The expected response I was waiting for from Cortone happened . ..they missed an open goal and minutes later hit the post. One of my new signings Cruz-karpov a 'prolific winger' .. think I got sold a dummy there, Krapov would have been a better name . . my god a pensioner would run quicker, unless it's because he was in left midfield instead of winger. Anyhoo second half they threw the kitchen sink at me and I honestly don't know how they didn't score. ..I was embarrassed at the way the scripting favoured me and it remained 2-0 to me.

At least the scripting doesn't always go against you.

You're right about momentum in this game Rockstrong if you score the balnce swings in your favour and you have to take advantage of the window of opportunity.

I had one quick game early this morning and was up against Crotone, My star players had purple arrows so I had to switch to a defensive set up and hit them on the break. I got a great start when Cavasa picked it up outside the box and hit a great shot into the top corner. . the keeper didn't move and just watched it go in .. 1-0, a while later my midfielder Kurcicic (think that's his name) picked it up and dribbled and hit a shot into the same corner 2-0. The expected response I was waiting for from Cortone happened . ..they missed an open goal and minutes later hit the post. One of my new signings Cruz-karpov a 'prolific winger' .. think I got sold a dummy there, Krapov would have been a better name . . my god a pensioner would run quicker, unless it's because he was in left midfield instead of winger. Anyhoo second half they threw the kitchen sink at me and I honestly don't know how they didn't score. ..I was embarrassed at the way the scripting favoured me and it remained 2-0 to me.

At least the scripting doesn't always go against you.
Always nice to have scripting working with you every once in a while.
I've had balanced games lately,the games I win is because I'm playing so much better than th opposition
My bogey team Sassuolo was a walk in the park,my preferred 11 is rested and in good shape,so I demolished them 3-0,played short played long,possession counter attack you name it.
Next stop Inter

Not much of an update - haven't had much free time the last few days - but managed to play my FA Cup tie against Tottenham (who played a full-strength team, the bastards - I'm guessing the AI in PES doesn't have the intelligence to swap teams around for less important cup games or games against much poorer teams).

I kept it at 0-0 until 60 minutes, when their movement was too much for my defenders to cope with, and a low pass was played through to Kane, who'd lost his marker. Easy goal, placed shot past the keeper.

After that, I switch to 4-3-3 with long balls, and within ten minutes they'd scored a second - the wing-backs were too high, one of their wingers got away and cut a pass back to Dembélé, who hit a shot from 35 yards out that flew in.

I switched back to the defensive 4-4-2 just to stop it getting embarrassing, and was glad that it only finished 2-0...

Always nice to have scripting working with you every once in a while.
I've had balanced games lately,the games I win is because I'm playing so much better than th opposition
My bogey team Sassuolo was a walk in the park,my preferred 11 is rested and in good shape,so I demolished them 3-0,played short played long,possession counter attack you name it.
Next stop Inter

Are you still on Top Player? The scripting has an awful habit of taking you down a peg or 2 when you're on a winning roll. .remember in the last season I won 7 or 8 in a row and thought I had it all in my back pocket. What a big game you have coming up against Inter. . .Can't wait for the report on this one .. a derby match as well . . give us the full gory details.

I wish I was enjoying PES 16 as y'all do but...no-stamina-no-injuries problem (picked Belenenses from Portugal but even then there was league + Europa League) makes the struggle worthless :( I played through half of season without ever changing a player (Professional, Full Manual) - there's plenty of good stuff, monthly report is great to see how I'm doing with my passes etc. It's just, at some point in EL's Last 32 I had one of those games which can't be won, when you concede instantly because well for some reason you have to, and that's how this Master League ended.

Sad :( Really sad, a decent Master League (which means rotating team all the time + harsh, but fair gameplay) would be quite something. Just don't see it in PES 16 at all. Oh well. If these things were to change somehow in 2017...I'd probably spam in this thread every single day :D

Nevertheless (to say something nice) I have recently re-discovered beautiful gem called "PES 5". I used to play it decade ago on PlayStation 2 :D And for all these years I thought PES 5 was just PES 6 with more fouls but goddamit no! So much more demanding, and sometimes heartbreaking - but always fair. It might actually be better than PES 6 o_O Surprising. I went on to start ML with Lazio - no patches, except of that new .exe which improves graphics and I'm having fun!

Season 1 was hard. I just can't score in this game :D hence 9 draws o_O. Lazio has really interesting squad, so many old players to replace, some great younger players (Cribari, Rocchi, 20 years old Valon Behrami), you have to put a lot of thought to create something beautiful. In the end, in my 1st season I was 5th (but table was tight!), but in D2 Cup Lazio reached the final and smashed Lecce (with Mirko Vucinić :D) 3:0. I just can't remember when was I 5th in ML Division 2 for the last time...and that's a good feeling :D

w0BS0ji.png

I'm halfway through second season now, dominating Division 2. Future looks bright. I've snatched Mascherano and Mark Bresciano beforehand, together with Behrami they dominate the middle. Pandev, Rocchi and Rolando Bianchi are attackers. In the back two CBs - Cribari (new captain), Sannibale (some youngster), Piccolo and Manfredini (do you even know them I don't :D) as side backs. And only 37-years old Angelo Peruzzi still guards the goal, although I still have Paolo Di Canio on the bench :D

aKy4IxY.png

That's my team. Today I should finish Season 2 I believe, and then onwards to Serie A! :D

Here's the hope PES 2017's ML will match PES 5's ML in its difficulty, both off and on the pitch (real difficulty, not scripted one).

Would love to see that :OOOH:

Last edited:
That was nice of you to come on and slag off the game we're playing and promote the one you like. Pes always had scripting . .if you don't believe that well then you're deluding yourself.

That was nice of you to come on and slag off the game we're playing and promote the one you like.

The hell.

How is seeing both good and bad things "slagging off". And how is posting about Master League promoting any other game.

I guess part about hoping for better PES 2017 is not important too.

Unless it's PES 2016 ML thread now, in which case I'm terribly sorry.

Pes always had scripting . .if you don't believe that well then you're deluding yourself.

Not really. Well sometimes maybe in PES 6 I could feel it, but it never really ruined experience for me, I could cope with it. In 14 and above I just can't, and that's the problem for me. There's no point for me (which means it's my opinion, which means - if you like it, it's fine, not sure why it's slagging off now) to play game like that. If things were to change in 2017...

So yea, that was nice of you to come on and slag me off because of having different opinion and posting about ML from different game. :D If it's 2016 thread from now on I'll refrain from posting then.

Back
Top Bottom