The Master League adventures thread

Man you guys got me playing this game again.

Started a new ML with QPR on these settings: Professional, 20 minutes, -1 gamespeed, Full Manuals.

First match was away to cardiff, a good game with both teams creating about the same amount of chances. The game ended with me winning 4-3. I got 13 shots and they made about 11 shots. The games was great but their goalkeeper was a bit worrying. I should have lost that match if their goalie did his job.

Second match was another away match against Derby. I upped the difficulty level to Top Player and reduced match time to 15 minutes. Thought I would get a tougher match but it was much easier than the first match which was on professional. Good thing is the AI goalkeeper was outstanding, I had loads of scoring opportunity but could only get a 1-1 draw in this match. Derby stole a goal in the 88th minute, but they played very poorly.

Third match was at home against Huddersfield. This was a walk in the park. Won the game 6-1, the scoreline tells you the story.

It seems that I have to bump the difficulty up to Superstar in the next match. Weird thing is that the first match that was on professional felt more difficult than the other two which was on top player.

Well, my QPR is currently leading the Championship table after 3 matches, loaned out many players, sold some Goalies cause I had 4 or 5 goalkeepers in my squad. Also picked up a decent striker from Finland for free (I forgot his name :P) scored a stunning bicycle kick against Derby. Probably the best goal I scored on manual shooting in this game.

Great stuff man!
Remember when I started both my 15 and 16,my first 2-3 games were always easy,even on SS.
Then 5-6 games in,became tough as nails,perhaps CPU ai learns how you play?
Can't wait to get my 2nd season going on Sunday
Will be shaking it up on the transfer market

Had a few matches tonight got through in the Italian cup and then won 2 league matches 2-0 both matches were very entertaining . .changing tactics during the game helped me win the last one. . some nice telepathic movement from the two substitutions up front each of them scoring . .moved up to fifth in the table and life was looking good . .until the next match. Bad bad Konami! Slipping back to your old tricks just as my confidence was building up. The ai scored direct from kickoff . . my defence went awol and then the old story they scored another 2 goals in quick succession and an o.g from me. 4-0 down in 18 mins. so I changed from a 3-5-2 formation to a 4-3-3 and scored immediately. The second half was all my team attacking like fuck and the a.i counter attacking. I did my best but 4 or 5 of their defenders would crowd me everytime I got the ball near their box. . just couldn't even get a shot off. .a few dubious decisions by the ref went against me.

So back to the old drawing board . .still loving it even when I get beaten it's still enjoyable . .great to see a move that you worked out in your head coming to fruition and you score or nearly score.
Rough game bro,"just when I though I was out...the pull me back in again"
That's what i love bout this game,you have to change it up.
Gonna have at least 3 different setups for next season.
As they(we) say,PES is even more enjoyable in defeat,than FIFA when you're winning.
Keep it up bro

So,started season 2 of my AC Milan ML.
The ins and out will be revealed later,in the middle of my transfer window.
Both games played with same setup 4-1-3-2

First game Torino away,rough as F,they pressed me from first minute,managed to create some space going long on their wings,scored my first on a header late first half,switched to a def mindset,managed to stay alive first half.

Second half,same story,full press,couldn't use my CB as a playmaker and start my off,had a few semi chances,one shot tipped to a corner.
2-0.
71st minute long ball,2-1 over my back four.
76th minute,same concept 2-2.
I'd take a draw any day away to Torino,but this one,with those two goals,so pissed off.
Good hard game though.

Second game,away to Empoli,managed to controll that game relativity easy,they pressed,but I could pass my way out.
Scored 1-0 on a shot in the box,hits the post,and off the goalie's back and in,,the best kinda goal 43rd minute
They came out and really played hard and offensively 2nd half,fought them off with a bit of luck,and won the game.

Didn't create that much though,a few shots,a couple of half chances.
Next game,Fiorentina at home,where I'll probably go 3-2-3-2 three rock solid CB's and two Def MF.
Gotta get that system going sometime

So,started season 2 of my AC Milan ML.
The ins and out will be revealed later,in the middle of my transfer window.
Both games played with same setup 4-1-3-2

First game Torino away,rough as F,they pressed me from first minute,managed to create some space going long on their wings,scored my first on a header late first half,switched to a def mindset,managed to stay alive first half.

Second half,same story,full press,couldn't use my CB as a playmaker and start my off,had a few semi chances,one shot tipped to a corner.
2-0.
71st minute long ball,2-1 over my back four.
76th minute,same concept 2-2.
I'd take a draw any day away to Torino,but this one,with those two goals,so pissed off.
Good hard game though.

Second game,away to Empoli,managed to controll that game relativity easy,they pressed,but I could pass my way out.
Scored 1-0 on a shot in the box,hits the post,and off the goalie's back and in,,the best kinda goal 43rd minute
They came out and really played hard and offensively 2nd half,fought them off with a bit of luck,and won the game.

Didn't create that much though,a few shots,a couple of half chances.
Next game,Fiorentina at home,where I'll probably go 3-2-3-2 three rock solid CB's and two Def MF.
Gotta get that system going sometime[/QUOTE

Good start for you pity about the 2-2 draw. . Fiorentina are a decent side, they pack the midfield with 3-5-2 and play quick passes F.Matias could rip your defence apart.

I Played 2 matches last night in the Italian cup against Genoa from Serie a. the last 5 matches I've had has been in the rain with the grey paper looking crowd, anyway I went down 1-0 after a few mins from a great move from them a gorgeous placed header top corner. I then equalised and went ahead with my player just beating the offside trap on the left side of the box and curled a lovely shot in to the top right corner . .holding on well til the end and my defender dawdled on the ball and got robbed and they scored 2-2. . nearly cried as it was away from home.

Second leg at my ground very tight counter attacking from both of us until around the 75th minute they scored 1-0 so I changed a midfielder who made a great run and shot from outside the box 1-1 and then they laid siege to my goal. . their forward was through with the keeper to beat in the last minute and I decided to slide tackle from behind . .he stumbled and the ball rolled to the keeper I was sure it was a peno but no. I held on to go through. Btw Rock my 3-5-2 is a 3-2-3-2 . .works well.

Slight off-topic to start with... I'm in-between PES & FIFA now, for the first time since release. I've largely been a fan of what FIFA did this year, but the patches have gradually returned it to arcade heaven, and after trying to go back to it last night, I really struggled to enjoy it (I've got used to PES being "stiff", and players not doing the rumba around the pitch in every situation, so it was a big shock going back to it and feeling like the players were made of jelly).

(Back on-topic...) In my Championship campaign (as Bolton), I was put against Reading in the FA Cup. I'm finding Championship teams either counter, or keep possession, without much of an in-between, and Reading were constantly on the counter. I bought a guy from CD Palestino (there was a great article in FourFourTwo about the club a few months ago) - a strong target man called Gutiérrez, to replace the ageing Heskey and team-up with a younger, faster striker, Clough - and this was his first game.

(It's finding those bargain-buys and learning about players you otherwise would never have heard of that I really love about PES, and given the lack of licenses in the game, it amazes me how they continue to outshine FIFA in that department.)

I couldn't keep out their counter-attacking with my elderly defenders (a real problem that I couldn't fix before the transfer window shut), and they scored after ten minutes. I switched from possession play to try and counter, pushing the wingers up a bit, managed to get the ball through to Clough (who was only just onside) and score an equaliser.

(Another thing you can't do in FIFA at the moment, though it looks like they're improving on it for the new version - you never see a through-ball beat a defence and leave a striker on his own to finish, because the defence is so perfect that the line never breaks, so it's really satisfying to get a real one-on-one.)

The second half was a real back-and-forther, attack after attack - the ball was never really in the midfield - but with a deeper line and a bit of luck, I kept it to 1-1, until the 80th minute. A cross flew into the box, and there was Gutiérrez, who - after missing a string of chances, hitting them all wide of the post - got his head onto it, and headed it down and just beyond the keeper, into the net.

(The header actually went into a different direction than the one I'd pressed - I find that happens with the non-manual shots fairly regularly, which is really frustrating, because if you miss then you shout "I didn't fucking press that way you cheat", but if you score, then it wasn't really your goal because you didn't press the stick that way. But, a goal's a goal!)

Next up was a league game against Charlton, who played a solid possession game, but one of my defensive midfielders (Spearing) hit a Gerrard-style daisy-cutter out of nowhere (it was a shot I'd hit in desperation, a manual shot too, from about 35 yards out), that flew into the corner. That one goal ended up winning the game.

(The more time I spend on the game, the more I appreciate what it does right - but man, the lag you get sometimes when you're trying to pass or shoot just infuriates me, especially when the game is praised for being "responsive and fluid". It's so far from responsive, in my opinion, especially when you've got a defender near you and the game is either A) struggling to process your command and the defender's positioning/action, or B) straight-up cheating you to make sure you don't win too easily.)

Slight off-topic to start with... I'm in-between PES & FIFA now, for the first time since release. I've largely been a fan of what FIFA did this year, but the patches have gradually returned it to arcade heaven, and after trying to go back to it last night, I really struggled to enjoy it (I've got used to PES being "stiff", and players not doing the rumba around the pitch in every situation, so it was a big shock going back to it and feeling like the players were made of jelly).

(Back on-topic...) In my Championship campaign (as Bolton), I was put against Reading in the FA Cup. I'm finding Championship teams either counter, or keep possession, without much of an in-between, and Reading were constantly on the counter. I bought a guy from CD Palestino (there was a great article in FourFourTwo about the club a few months ago) - a strong target man called Gutiérrez, to replace the ageing Heskey and team-up with a younger, faster striker, Clough - and this was his first game.

(It's finding those bargain-buys and learning about players you otherwise would never have heard of that I really love about PES, and given the lack of licenses in the game, it amazes me how they continue to outshine FIFA in that department.)

I couldn't keep out their counter-attacking with my elderly defenders (a real problem that I couldn't fix before the transfer window shut), and they scored after ten minutes. I switched from possession play to try and counter, pushing the wingers up a bit, managed to get the ball through to Clough (who was only just onside) and score an equaliser.

(Another thing you can't do in FIFA at the moment, though it looks like they're improving on it for the new version - you never see a through-ball beat a defence and leave a striker on his own to finish, because the defence is so perfect that the line never breaks, so it's really satisfying to get a real one-on-one.)

The second half was a real back-and-forther, attack after attack - the ball was never really in the midfield - but with a deeper line and a bit of luck, I kept it to 1-1, until the 80th minute. A cross flew into the box, and there was Gutiérrez, who - after missing a string of chances, hitting them all wide of the post - got his head onto it, and headed it down and just beyond the keeper, into the net.

(The header actually went into a different direction than the one I'd pressed - I find that happens with the non-manual shots fairly regularly, which is really frustrating, because if you miss then you shout "I didn't fucking press that way you cheat", but if you score, then it wasn't really your goal because you didn't press the stick that way. But, a goal's a goal!)

Next up was a league game against Charlton, who played a solid possession game, but one of my defensive midfielders (Spearing) hit a Gerrard-style daisy-cutter out of nowhere (it was a shot I'd hit in desperation, a manual shot too, from about 35 yards out), that flew into the corner. That one goal ended up winning the game.

(The more time I spend on the game, the more I appreciate what it does right - but man, the lag you get sometimes when you're trying to pass or shoot just infuriates me, especially when the game is praised for being "responsive and fluid". It's so far from responsive, in my opinion, especially when you've got a defender near you and the game is either A) struggling to process your command and the defender's positioning/action, or B) straight-up cheating you to make sure you don't win too easily.)

The first season is the most scripted and frustrating, I'm into the second season and with the improvement in team spirit I'm having some cracking matches. . .I've often raided Palestino for talent.. ..I usually go for younger players with good potential. . .It's great to see a cheap shrewd signing working out. Good to see you enjoying parts of the game. Master League seems to play better since the last dlc . .at least it's something to play while waiting for the new releases.

I just played PES 16 again after reading deco's and rockstrongo's discussion here. I'm not sure if it is just the game playing my mind, but I feel many changes like what Deco said.

First I see many first touch errors from me and the AI, the animation for this is still weird but I don't think this was in the game before. Another thing is better manual passing, now the players react to a pass. But one thing that is quite frustrating is header on manuals. I just can't hit the target, the ball either goes wide or over the bar, any suggestions guys? is there a certain trick? or is it just a bug?

Anyway, back to my Master league. So I'm now on Superstar and like what rockstrongo said, the games did get more difficult as the season goes on. Here are some my result after the three games I played before:

Sheffield W 1-2 QPR
Reading 1-3 QPR
Huddersfield 3-4 QPR (FA Cup 1st round)
Preston 1-1 QPR
MK Dons 0-1 QPR (I skipped this game)
QPR 4-2 Leeds (The best game I had so far in this ML, very tough opponent. Very even possession and chances on goal. The game could've gone either way but our forwards were more clinical)

From my results you guys can see that I have been winning almost all my games, but some are not that easy. The next games will be even more challenging as we will face favorites Hull away, and Stoke City in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. My striker PARIKKA (got him for free) is now currently top scorer with 8 goals, my best signing so far.

I just get frustrated playing FIFA,played 15 a lot ,and 16 for a while.
Don't like the fact that all teams play pretty much the same,don't think I saw one long ball during my 3 season on player career.
It should be a game that plays well.
Don't mind the flaws in PES in comparison
And first season is always scripted as fuck pal,this is my second first season.
But the game plays more fluid,because of less CPU cheating second season,just hang in there.
Noticed now that I've brought in good players with special abiltys (heading,tackling,defending) the really react fast and accurate.

Last edited:
I just played PES 16 again after reading deco's and rockstrongo's discussion here. I'm not sure if it is just the game playing my mind, but I feel many changes like what Deco said.

First I see many first touch errors from me and the AI, the animation for this is still weird but I don't think this was in the game before. Another thing is better manual passing, now the players react to a pass. But one thing that is quite frustrating is header on manuals. I just can't hit the target, the ball either goes wide or over the bar, any suggestions guys? is there a certain trick? or is it just a bug?

Anyway, back to my Master league. So I'm now on Superstar and like what rockstrongo said, the games did get more difficult as the season goes on. Here are some my result after the three games I played before:

Sheffield W 1-2 QPR
Reading 1-3 QPR
Huddersfield 3-4 QPR (FA Cup 1st round)
Preston 1-1 QPR
MK Dons 0-1 QPR (I skipped this game)
QPR 4-2 Leeds (The best game I had so far in this ML, very tough opponent. Very even possession and chances on goal. The game could've gone either way but our forwards were more clinical)

From my results you guys can see that I have been winning almost all my games, but some are not that easy. The next games will be even more challenging as we will face favorites Hull away, and Stoke City in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. My striker PARIKKA (got him for free) is now currently top scorer with 8 goals, my best signing so far.
The heading is a delicate thing,usually try to get the player in good position first of all,beating them to the ball,and I pretty much head it down on the ground.
Score a great deal on headers.
Think if you learn(sorry wrong word pal) to defend corners by heading well,your heading in their box becomes easier.
Could also be a simple solution,your players ability.
Try to play a few practise games vs 4-5 opponents.
You'll sort it pal

Third game coming up,and end of transfer window.
Out: Simic,Cutrone,low rated players,both 19 years,wouldn't have released them if they were 16-17.
In:Sakho(CB LFC) Zouma(CB CFC) Blind (DMF Utd) Nordtweit (DMF Gladbach) Casteels (GK W-Burg)
Negredo (FW Valencia loan)

Have a few more that I will sell or release next window,have a 32 man roster,need space there.
Spent €52 million on transfers.

Third game vs Fiorentina,was advised to be careful by Deco,since they flood the midfield.
No shit man,they really pressed my MF from start,couldn't get anything going.
Played 3-5-2,just like they do,but switched back to 4-1-3-2 late first,they worked my wings way to hard,space out there almost killed me.

Got 1-0 up in the 46th minute,flicked a header in the box,and Bacca scored easy on that pass.
They came back in the 60th,Canaoglu (spelling) went between my CB with a two footer.
Had a good game until the 77th minute when a lofted ball (central) in my box had them coming 2 vs 0.
Felt robbed,both my CB decided to push up,one pushed up to the left,where nobody was to be seen.
Like I said robbed by fucking scripting.
Pushed up hard and went all out off last 10 min,had three chances to score,GK were in the zone though.

Great game,except the robbing part,almost threw my controller out.
Game was played on a rainy pitch,didn't effect their touch,but mine was horrible.
Need to win next game really bad,Juve is pulling away fast

Last edited:
Third game coming up,and end of transfer window.
Out: Simic,Cutrone,low rated players,both 19 years,wouldn't have released them if they were 16-17.
In:Sakho(CB LFC) Zouma(CB CFC) Blind (DMF Utd) Nordtweit (DMF Gladbach) Casteels (GK W-Burg)
Negredo (FW Valencia loan)

Have a few more that I will sell or release next window,have a 32 man roster,need space there.
Spent €52 million on transfers.

Third game vs Fiorentina,was advised to be careful by Deco,since they flood the midfield.
No shit man,they really pressed my MF from start,couldn't get anything going.
Played 3-5-2,just like they do,but switched back to 4-1-3-2 late first,they worked my wings way to hard,space out there almost killed me.

Got 1-0 up in the 46th minute,flicked a header in the box,and Bacca scored easy on that pass.
They came back in the 60th,Canaoglu (spelling) went between my CB with a two footer.
Had a good game until the 77th minute when a lofted ball (central) in my box had them coming 2 vs 0.
Felt robbed,both my CB decided to push up,one pushed up to the left,where nobody was to be seen.
Like I said robbed by fucking scripting.
Pushed up hard and went all out off last 10 min,had three chances to score,GK were in the zone though.

Great game,except the robbing part,almost threw my controller out.
Game was played on a rainy pitch,didn't effect their touch,but mine was horrible.
Need to win next game really bad,Juve is pulling away fast

Was the score 2-1 to Fiorentina? I've played 6 games in a row in that rainy crap with my players slippping all over the place. I find the scripting not as severe or as frequent in the second season. Had a few matches myself yesterday ended up with 3 draws 1-1 2-2 2-2 .. . felt I should have won each game. Then I won one game against Nova 2-1 and then had a brilliant match against Crotone. . . they led 1-0 through a great goal well worked. I decided to bring on one of my bargain buys. . Rozzi a 22yr old Italian forward rated 67. . god he was brilliant kept making brilliant runs and finding space behind their defence .. .played him through with a great move and he scored a lovely goal just after he rolled a chance by the post. I felt things were about to go my way and was pressing hard . ..just missed a glorious chance when the inevitable happened. . .a long ball from Crotone in injury time and my defender tried to trap it as it came over his head and made a mess of it and their defender volleyed home. . .sick after that.

I have to say I haven't had a bad match since season 2 started . .all very enjoyable and varied. .lovely football played by the A.i at times. If only Master league played like this when the game came out first.

Was the score 2-1 to Fiorentina? I've played 6 games in a row in that rainy crap with my players slippping all over the place. I find the scripting not as severe or as frequent in the second season. Had a few matches myself yesterday ended up with 3 draws 1-1 2-2 2-2 .. . felt I should have won each game. Then I won one game against Nova 2-1 and then had a brilliant match against Crotone. . . they led 1-0 through a great goal well worked. I decided to bring on one of my bargain buys. . Rozzi a 22yr old Italian forward rated 67. . god he was brilliant kept making brilliant runs and finding space behind their defence .. .played him through with a great move and he scored a lovely goal just after he rolled a chance by the post. I felt things were about to go my way and was pressing hard . ..just missed a glorious chance when the inevitable happened. . .a long ball from Crotone in injury time and my defender tried to trap it as it came over his head and made a mess of it and their defender volleyed home. . .sick after that.

I have to say I haven't had a bad match since season 2 started . .all very enjoyable and varied. .lovely football played by the A.i at times. If only Master league played like this when the game came out first.
Yeah. 2-1 Fiorentina,feel the same about the scripting,not as heavy as first season.
I'm gonna try to defend a little bit different tan usually do,will try to controll one of my CB,let the CPU take care
of the ball carrier.

Are you playing 15 min or even longer?
I'm enjoying it even with losses and flaws

Yeah. 2-1 Fiorentina,feel the same about the scripting,not as heavy as first season.
I'm gonna try to defend a little bit different tan usually do,will try to controll one of my CB,let the CPU take care
of the ball carrier.

Are you playing 15 min or even longer?
I'm enjoying it even with losses and flaws

I'm playing 15 mins Rockstrong I usually up it to 20 mins when I reach the top division because you could be in the second div for a good few seasons with the default team and it can drag on a bit. 15 suits me for now. Talking about defending I try and second guess what way they will attack . . it works a lot and as you say control a cb who's in a position to cut out through balls or track a runnner. I always watch for the runners and track them.I back off a bit from the ball carrier and just shadow him.

I'm loving it at the minute. . great fun.

I'm playing 15 mins Rockstrong I usually up it to 20 mins when I reach the top division because you could be in the second div for a good few seasons with the default team and it can drag on a bit. 15 suits me for now. Talking about defending I try and second guess what way they will attack . . it works a lot and as you say control a cb who's in a position to cut out through balls or track a runnner. I always watch for the runners and track them.I back off a bit from the ball carrier and just shadow him.

I'm loving it at the minute. . great fun.
Same here,15 min does it for me aswell,might go up to 20.
Sounds like a good def plan Deco,gonna shadow ball carrier more,and be aware off through balls.
Think I need to switch from semi cursor change to manual,sometimes I have problem when ball is played into my def,and I controll the wrong defender.
Strange that a game that I didn't like that much 8 months ago suddenly becomes great.
Even though my reason for stop playing was because of a change in console.
Saw that I managed to play 4 season last time around.
Loving it atm,and hope your bargain Rozzi becomes the next Higuain:)

Same here,15 min does it for me aswell,might go up to 20.
Sounds like a good def plan Deco,gonna shadow ball carrier more,and be aware off through balls.
Think I need to switch from semi cursor change to manual,sometimes I have problem when ball is played into my def,and I controll the wrong defender.
Strange that a game that I didn't like that much 8 months ago suddenly becomes great.
Even though my reason for stop playing was because of a change in console.
Saw that I managed to play 4 season last time around.
Loving it atm,and hope your bargain Rozzi becomes the next Higuain:)

I'm playing on Ps3 at the moment....got a Ps4 the other day and discovered that the pes 2016 demo was taken down only have my club online. Good god that ps4 takes an age to download stuff.

I think it's all down to the dlc. i said it when it came out first about the changes and I think Elja noticed it back then too. Ai defending feels better and there's a bit more variation in their attack...a few midfield tussles also. try not to get frustrated with results going against you . . I mean if you were winning everything all the time it would become very boring. . unless you were a mad control freak lol.

I played Master League the last year as well for a good few seasons and it wasn't as good as this . . gonna play this one until the Pes 2017 demo or game.

I'm playing on Ps3 at the moment....got a Ps4 the other day and discovered that the pes 2016 demo was taken down only have my club online. Good god that ps4 takes an age to download stuff.

I think it's all down to the dlc. i said it when it came out first about the changes and I think Elja noticed it back then too. Ai defending feels better and there's a bit more variation in their attack...a few midfield tussles also. try not to get frustrated with results going against you . . I mean if you were winning everything all the time it would become very boring. . unless you were a mad control freak lol.

I played Master League the last year as well for a good few seasons and it wasn't as good as this . . gonna play this one until the Pes 2017 demo or game.

Good to hear,same here,will probably play 16 way into the release of 17.
Huge difference from when we played it last year,way tougher,cause the CPU mix it up,really like the gameplay now.
Nah,no worries about the scoreline,like you said,gets boring winning all the time.

Played Bari away,great game,like you've said before,one of those games when it just feels incredible.
Went 1-0 down early,mistake by me,they cleared a corner and counter attacked me,if I'd only had flicked my right stick to last defender instead of nearest to the ball,now Sansone dodged the tackle and scored
Replied with 3 goals before halftime,one headed cross bar in.
They managed to score in the 80th,was asleep on a corner,and 3-2.
Did shut the game with a counter and lofted the ball in the box,my striker brought the bacon home with a volley,4-2
One of those games bro..
Magic

Last edited:
Good to hear,same here,will probably play 16 way into the release of 17.
Huge difference from when we played it last year,way tougher,cause the CPU mix it up,really like the gameplay now.
Nah,no worries about the scoreline,like you said,gets boring winning all the time.

Played Bari away,great game,like you've said before,one of those games when it just feels incredible.
Went 1-0 down early,mistake by me,they cleared a corner and counter attacked me,if I'd only had flicked my right stick to last defender instead of nearest to the ball,now Sansone dodged the tackle and scored
Replied with 3 goals before halftime,one headed cross bar in.
They managed to score in the 80th,was asleep on a corner,and 3-2.
Did shut the game with a counter and lofted the ball in the box,my striker brought the bacon home with a volley,4-2
One of those games bro..
Magic

Sounds a good match you just had. ..as for me I've lost the last 4 games 1-0,1-2, 0-1 and 2-0 .. .I'm not doing anything different it's just some subtle scripting, they were all close games . .but in each of them the a.i just got it's toe to the ball before me every time . ..frustrating but that's the way it goes I didn't deserve to win any of them anyway. I missed a ridiculous open goal in one match lol . rozzi was sent through and instead of shooting from an angle I rolled it across the box to Veeren (I think that's his name) who kicked it miles wide with no keeper in the goal lol. It doesn't dishearten me I've been here before the pendulum will swing my way again . .some great football being played. keep the faith!

Sounds a good match you just had. ..as for me I've lost the last 4 games 1-0,1-2, 0-1 and 2-0 .. .I'm not doing anything different it's just some subtle scripting, they were all close games . .but in each of them the a.i just got it's toe to the ball before me every time . ..frustrating but that's the way it goes I didn't deserve to win any of them anyway. I missed a ridiculous open goal in one match lol . rozzi was sent through and instead of shooting from an angle I rolled it across the box to Veeren (I think that's his name) who kicked it miles wide with no keeper in the goal lol. It doesn't dishearten me I've been here before the pendulum will swing my way again . .some great football being played. keep the faith!
Ha ha,those misses:)
Sounds like you're having a blast,got Juve away,Sporting (CL) away,then Roma away.
Rough schedule,think I have Lazio and Napoli at home after that.
Could very well be 0 points and one step closer to the Europa League after that.
Just remember one thing,in all my PES playing,especially 11-13-15, top player has always been the worst,remember switching from TP to SS on PES 11 and suddenly game felt more fair.
Same thing on 13.
Think I'll go back to SS after my Juve game,or play one game on each level

Played an exhibition game,just to try out camera angles.
Did it on twitch so I could watch it afterwards,see how good/bad I play:)
Manual on top player vs Como 15 minutes.
Harder than I thought to twitch it,since "broadcasting" was in the middle of my radar.
Here's 2nd half and highlight,including error of the year..
Twitch/ettnollbajen
Will probably do more twitch,did a lot on FIFA,good way to see your flaws
https://youtu.be/OarDFqEsikU

Last edited:
Nice vid I've played on broadcast a few times . .difficult to play on totally different approach needed.

Played two matches last night and lost 3-2 and 0-1 . . two great games though. . in the first one the other team went 2-0 up and were stronger than my team . .I need a couple of centre backs badly.. . .I went all out second half and came back to 2-2 two lovely goals from Cavasa, one a nice header and should have won the match. . but then fell for the old sucker punch a great long ball from them and a nice finish 3-2 felt a bit robbed.

Next game up (can't think of the teams names ) a close competitive match where the scripting was just about favoring them. . second half they went 1-0 up and defended brilliantly . .I tried everything and came close a good few times but they held out.

So that's six defeats in a row, if it was real life I'd be close to the sack but I'm in it for the long haul and still obviously building from a default team.

I had a few more games in my Championship career this morning - I'd read that people were finding Professional less "cheaty", so stuck it onto that for the first game - Bolton (me) v Fulham (AI) - and ended up winning 4-1.

I wasn't happy with that, so stuck it up to Superstar, and... Won 3-1.

It seemed so much easier - but then I realised that my "team spirit" has reached 70+ for the first time. Now I'm not suffering from anything LIKE the same amount of button lag and poor player reactions. Which, honestly, is really poor. That's not how it should work.

But, I also scored three of the best goals I've scored in recent PES history - including a BEAUTIFUL (in my opinion) goal where my striker, Ameobi, knocked the ball away from the defender before slotting a low shot past the keeper (who got a bit of his arm on it).

https://youtu.be/Lv-9qHJL-wM

I had a few more games in my Championship career this morning - I'd read that people were finding Professional less "cheaty", so stuck it onto that for the first game - Bolton (me) v Fulham (AI) - and ended up winning 4-1.

I wasn't happy with that, so stuck it up to Superstar, and... Won 3-1.

It seemed so much easier - but then I realised that my "team spirit" has reached 70+ for the first time. Now I'm not suffering from anything LIKE the same amount of button lag and poor player reactions. Which, honestly, is really poor. That's not how it should work.

But, I also scored three of the best goals I've scored in recent PES history - including a BEAUTIFUL (in my opinion) goal where my striker, Ameobi, knocked the ball away from the defender before slotting a low shot past the keeper (who got a bit of his arm on it).

https://youtu.be/Lv-9qHJL-wM

Are you using manual passing and shooting? Third goal was a nice cross and finish . . . .the goalie was a bit ropey for that second goal lol.

Had three matches this morning on the back of six straight defeats. . .beat the bottom club Trapani easily 0-4 . .then met Vicenza and went 1-0 down and mounted a comeback in the second half with Cavasa my Chilean forward in great form. . he scored the equaliser and then turned a marker in midfield and shot from the edge of the box into the top corner 2-1 . .thing I love about Cavasa is that he does that Torres drag forward of the ball thing when dribbling to make space for himself . . held on to win.

The last match was against Carpi who are a step up in class. .they scored a great goal after a few mins. . their striker pulled of a fake shot and sent my center back sliding on his ass and duly chipped the keeper to score. They then went 2 up and then a weird thing happened . . it was a wet night and a long ball came bouncing to my keeper at the edge of the box with their forward chasing. ..my keeper somehow completely missed the ball and the forward ran in behind him to tap in .. but tapped it wide. I then gave away a peno and got my defender sent off. Second half after reshuffling my team I scored. . 3-1 I then missed a sitter and then they went 4-1 up. I started creating chances and scored again 4-2 and was on the front foot . . they sealed the deal with a great goal at the end 5-2. I won't be winning promotion this season. . feels rewarding building from default players . .you appreciate a win more.

Last edited:
Are you using manual passing and shooting? Third goal was a nice cross and finish . . . .the goalie was very ropey for that second goal lol.
Sorry to disappoint but... No, I have the passing/shooting on the lowest assist level (though it seems like they're all the same amount of assist in reality), using the manual button to pass or shoot when I know the game is going to "take over" and do something I consider unrealistic given the player's position (e.g. when I'm through on goal, I'll NEVER hit a normal shot, because way too often it'll go miles wide - I've missed open goals before now because the assist has put the shot literally 40ft-50ft wide, with a player who has 80+ for finishing).

I like the game using a mixture of the players' stats versus my input (with more impetus on the stats than on manual) - I think it leads to more realistic end-of-game stats (otherwise I'd never have higher than 50% pass accuracy for a start) - but also being able to use a button to hit manual passes and shots whenever you like. I wish FIFA had the ability to do that.

I just loved that first goal - again, talking about player stats, I don't think any other player on the team would have had the height, determination to stay forward (in the form of his "Fox in the Box" ability) and heading ability to dink that over the keeper and under the bar, it stood out as a really unique goal (which is a constant, and valid, criticism of the game - that there's no goal variety).

The second one would usually be pushed away so again, it was nice to see it sneak in, and the volley... Two things - firstly, it wouldn't have happened in FIFA, because the defender would have headed it away without fail 100 times out of 100 (which is one of my biggest complaints about FIFA), and secondly, I was actually aiming to the big gap to the keeper's right. I've mentioned scoring like that before and it spoils it for me because I don't feel like I scored the goal - yes, I know I'm playing on assisted, but assist my shot in the direction I point it, please (like FIFA does), and then I can still own the goal (or the miss)!

But, I was just SO pleased that it went over the defender's head that I celebrated anyway...

Mad, though, what a difference the "team spirit" makes. Previously, on under-70 (against teams with around 70), there were defenders waiting for AGES before kicking the ball, strikers taking so long to shoot that they ran into the goalkeeper - on every difficulty...

Suddenly, on 70+, the response times have halved...

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint but... No, I have the passing/shooting on the lowest assist level (though it seems like they're all the same amount of assist in reality), using the manual button to pass or shoot when I know the game is going to "take over" and do something I consider unrealistic given the player's position (e.g. when I'm through on goal, I'll NEVER hit a normal shot, because way too often it'll go miles wide - I've missed open goals before now because the assist has put the shot literally 40ft-50ft wide, with a player who has 80+ for finishing).

I like the game using a mixture of the players' stats versus my input (with more impetus on the stats than on manual) - I think it leads to more realistic end-of-game stats (otherwise I'd never have higher than 50% pass accuracy for a start) - but also being able to use a button to hit manual passes and shots whenever you like. I wish FIFA had the ability to do that.

I just loved that first goal - again, talking about player stats, I don't think any other player on the team would have had the height, determination to stay forward (in the form of his "Fox in the Box" ability) and heading ability to dink that over the keeper and under the bar, it stood out as a really unique goal (which is a constant, and valid, criticism of the game - that there's no goal variety).

The second one would usually be pushed away so again, it was nice to see it sneak in, and the volley... Two things - firstly, it wouldn't have happened in FIFA, because the defender would have headed it away without fail 100 times out of 100 (which is one of my biggest complaints about FIFA), and secondly, I was actually aiming to the big gap to the keeper's right. I've mentioned scoring like that before and it spoils it for me because I don't feel like I scored the goal - yes, I know I'm playing on assisted, but assist my shot in the direction I point it, please (like FIFA does), and then I can still own the goal (or the miss)!

But, I was just SO pleased that it went over the defender's head that I celebrated anyway...

Mad, though, what a difference the "team spirit" makes. Previously, on under-70 (against teams with around 70), there were defenders waiting for AGES before kicking the ball, strikers taking so long to shoot that they ran into the goalkeeper - on every difficulty...

I think that's the whole point of team spirit if like me and using default players you can't be expected to compete with strong teams...it has to be a gradual thing over time which gives it longevity instead of give me it all now win win win. I'm up to 84 in team spirit now from 54 when I started but not ready for the top division yet that's probably why they don't let you win promotion for the first few seasons.

So you use assisted until you come to a big decision like a shot on goal and use the manual button? I've never tried that. . sounds interesting .. the game still has it's faults but this Master League is good fun. .I just go with the flow on this one. .you win some lose some but it's great to get a bargain player who does the business for you.

Nice vid I've played on broadcast a few times . .difficult to play on totally different approach needed.

Played two matches last night and lost 3-2 and 0-1 . . two great games though. . in the first one the other team went 2-0 up and were stronger than my team . .I need a couple of centre backs badly.. . .I went all out second half and came back to 2-2 two lovely goals from Cavasa, one a nice header and should have won the match. . but then fell for the old sucker punch a great long ball from them and a nice finish 3-2 felt a bit robbed.

Next game up (can't think of the teams names ) a close competitive match where the scripting was just about favoring them. . second half they went 1-0 up and defended brilliantly . .I tried everything and came close a good few times but they held out.

So that's six defeats in a row, if it was real life I'd be close to the sack but I'm in it for the long haul and still obviously building from a default team.
Six in a row thats rough as hell brother.
Good thing your board is tolerant.
Yupp,use to play broadcast on FIFA,but I scrapped that idea,game feels a bit sluggish,back on wide again.
Like to record sometimes,good to see how you really play.

Just played Juventus away,will post game notes,need to unwind,roughest game I've ever had,and top 5 in enjoyment,and I mean all the way back to PES 5 days.
Brilliant game

Good to hear that you enjoy the game brother.
Think when it comes to manual pass,is a thing that you get used to fast,think 15-16 manual passing is relatively easy,especially compared to FIFA
Remember having 60-65% on FIFA ,and opponents never ever under 85-87%, which is insane.
Just played Juve here,and I had 72% Juve 76.
So pretty accurate.
Like all whiners and old fart's/purists(like us) says "manual opens up the game"
And it really does.
But like I said,good that you're enjoying it.
I'm most def love right now

Last edited:
So I'm in for a rough series of games now.
Juve away Sporting away and Roma away.
Just play the game vs Juventus.
Hands down,top five games of all my gaming (PES 5-16,FIFA 14-16)
Game felt so smooth,so responsive,and the game itself was all out war.
Did out shoot Juve 15(8) to 10(7) and managed to play brilliant football against one of the toughest teams around especially now,season two,when they got pretty much the best 11 possible.

I did set up my team defensively 4-2-3-1
My CB were one strong,and one fast,could really play good defence with them (Zouma and Romanogli)
Good strong def mf,and a fast and very ball secure striker up front.

Juve scored 1-0 in the 45th minute,Marco Reuss back turned to Zouma nutmegged him and scored.
No way in hell to defend that.
They kept playing very good second half,just like me,had two really good chances,one being one on one vs Buffon,he saved it with a nice foot save.
Kept pressing them all the way up until the 90th when I hit the post,they counter attacked but managed to tackle in midfield,got the ball back,played it up to my striker who had two def surrounding him.
Quick sidestep and curled it from just outside the box in to the left corner.
Magic!!
In the 93rd minute,kickoff and the game ended 1-1,fab result to Juve away

I was knackered after that game absolute magic,never been so delirious after a game than this!
Few stats :fouls 8-6 freekicks 6-6 corners 5-6
So a very rough and hard game.
And finally,people who whine about GK? Try playing against Buffon,a solid wall.
Best game in years,so pleased atm

Last edited:
Since my last post was so positive,think I'll post a different one now.
More wishes than complains really for future games.
My first seven league games this season,in Home and Away is this: A-A-H-A-A-A-A

That's 6 away games and 1 home game in my first seven Serie A games
Bet that it's because I have 2 home games in CL and one in Coppa Italia during that period.
Still bonker though.
Better be sorted next game,and hopefully a nice highlights package ala FIFA 16

So I'm in for a rough series of games now.
Juve away Sporting away and Roma away.
Just play the game vs Juventus.
Hands down,top five games of all my gaming (PES 5-16,FIFA 14-16)
Game felt so smooth,so responsive,and the game itself was all out war.
Did out shoot Juve 15(8) to 10(7) and managed to play brilliant football against one of the toughest teams around especially now,season two,when they got pretty much the best 11 possible.

I did set up my team defensively 4-2-3-1
My CB were one strong,and one fast,could really play good defence with them (Zouma and Romanogli)
Good strong def mf,and a fast and very ball secure striker up front.

Juve scored 1-0 in the 45th minute,Marco Reuss back turned to Zouma nutmegged him and scored.
No way in hell to defend that.
They kept playing very good second half,just like me,had two really good chances,one being one on one vs Buffon,he saved it with a nice foot save.
Kept pressing them all the way up until the 90th when I hit the post,they counter attacked but managed to tackle in midfield,got the ball back,played it up to my striker who had two def surrounding him.
Quick sidestep and curled it from just outside the box in to the left corner.
Magic!!
In the 93rd minute,kickoff and the game ended 1-1,fab result to Juve away

I was knackered after that game absolute magic,never been so delirious after a game than this!
Few stats :fouls 8-6 freekicks 6-6 corners 5-6
So a very rough and hard game.
And finally,people who whine about GK? Try playing against Buffon,a solid wall.
Best game in years,so pleased atm

Rockstrong . ..I was on the edge of my seat just reading it lol . .sounded like a cracker of a game . .it's great when you hold your own against top opposition. I'm at the halfway point in the season but have no money for transfers. Just as well I don't take defeat too seriously. . I had three games tonight first against Cesena a well organised side I lost 2-1. . next up was a team I can't even pronounce. . a big long double barrel name. ..anyway they got a lucky break and scored a jammy goal. .. 1-0 at halftime. I was sure I had the measure of them in the second half until a litany of errors in my defence and I was 5-1 down couldn't believe it, my two regular forwards were on red arrows and were useless so I brought on young Rozzi and Tuttinho. The game changed dramatically the two boys were playing out of their skins .. Tutinho received a pass with three defenders in front and pushed it through one defenders legs and was stretching to go by the defence and buried a low shot in the corner 5-2.

A bit of link up play with Rozzi and Tuttinho scored again 5-3 . .time was running out when in the 90th minute Rozzi received in midfield and he's pacey . .. beat two defenders and hit a rocket from outside the box top corner 5-4 . .could I get a dramatic equaliser? Could I bollocks . . the ref blew the whistle right after the tip off . .another minute and I'd have pulled them back. . .exhilarating stuff very enjoyable.

I was quickly brought down to earth when I drew Inter Milan in the cup with my keeper and 3 defenders on purple arrows.
They scored straight away 1-0. .I attacked and hit a high hopeful cross from the wing into the box and there was me ould mate Tuttinho to chest it and volley home 1-1 .. . that's when the shit hit the fan I ended up on the receiving end of a 10-1 spanking lol. So I skipped the second leg.

I have to say that this is the most enjoyable Master league I've ever played.. .brill.

Last edited:
Rockstrong . ..I was on the edge of my seat just reading it lol . .sounded like a cracker of a game . .it's great when you hold your own against top opposition. I'm at the halfway point in the season but have no money for transfers. Just as well I don't take defeat too seriously. . I had three games tonight first against Cesena a well organised side I lost 2-1. . next up was a team I can't even pronounce. . a big long double barrel name. ..anyway they got a lucky break and scored a jammy goal. .. 1-0 at halftime. I was sure I had the measure of them in the second half until a litany of errors in my defence and I was 5-1 down couldn't believe it, my two regular forwards were on red arrows and were useless so I brought on young Rozzi and Tuttinho. The game changed dramatically the two boys were playing out of their skins .. Tutinho received a pass with three defenders in front and pushed it through one defenders legs and was stretching to go by the defence and buried a low shot in the corner 5-2.

A bit of link up play with Rozzi and Tuttinho scored again 5-3 . .time was running out when in the 90th minute Rozzi received in midfield and he's pacey . .. beat two defenders and hit a rocket from outside the box top corner 5-4 . .could I get a dramatic equaliser? Could I bollocks . . the ref blew the whistle right after the tip off . .another minute and I'd have pulled them back. . .exhilarating stuff very enjoyable.

I was quickly brought down to earth when I drew Inter Milan in the cup with my keeper and 3 defenders on purple arrows.
They scored straight away 1-0. .I attacked and hit a high hopeful cross from the wing into the box and there was me ould mate Tuttinho to chest it and volley home 1-1 .. . that's when the shit hit the fan I ended up on the receiving end of a 10-1 spanking lol. So I skipped the second leg.

I have to say that this is the most enjoyable Master league I've ever played.. .brill.
Sounds absolutely great that you enjoy it so much.
You should have a fucking gold medal for patience and perseverance,I'd probably be out like looking for a brawl with those losses,really admire your durability mate.
10-1? man...yeah the CPU can really A** Fu** you when they get going.

The good thing atm with this game is,even if you get spanked properly,don't really feel that the AI cheats that much,they cheat of course,it's a game,but very nicely,a bit of bad touch,a bit of slipping etc.

Yeah,simmed my CL game,won 1-0, too tired to play it since I had Roma and a cup double header.
Roma gave me the business,4-1 got a straight red card,had two injuries,they dominated me completely.
Well deserved win,could have been worse.

Played Salernitana away,pretty much parked the bus on me,a proper wall,couldn't play through,couldn't use the wings,only trying to score from long range.
Scored on a freekick in the 80th,they had to attack,and I scored on a counter to make it 2-0.
Played with a "reserve" lineup.
Probably do it again at home.

Just hang in there mate,always nice to read about games

Back
Top Bottom