The Master League adventures thread

So my must win in the Europa League away to Saint Etienne was a thriller that i came out on top of, barely!
Felt so stressed and nervous playing this fixture, simply because a loss or a draw would mean im out of Europe
So a tight 1-0, on a corner in the 40th minute.
Pheeew!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 19_07_28.png
This means i get to live another day, next Europa League game will be away to Fiorentina and by my calculations i need to win by 2 goals (to fix the goal difference) otherwise it could come down to a vs affair.
In the other game played that night, St Etienne if they win, i should still be ahead on scored goals, if i win.
A real hornets nest this group and last round.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 19_07_53.png

Matchday 15 vs Athletic Bilbao, my fiercest rivals.
A pretty boring game, hardly any suspense, Griezman scored twice in the first half, then Sefirovic closed up shop mid 2nd half making it 3-0.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 19_10_48.png

Barcelona dropped 2 point in their draw vs Real Madrid making the table quite interesting going in to the halfway point of the season.
Next up is Almeria at home, could be a tough one, struggled a lot vs them last year so all men on deck for that one, then its Fiorentina at home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 19_11_06.png

well well well!
Youre doing amazing mate.
One question, once youve achieved what youve set out to achieve, where do you go from there?
My only ML campaign where i just kept winning because i set out to build a dynasty (PES 17 Milan 8 seasons) is the only one that i kept going after winning my first Serie A title in season 2, all other MLs i just restart or lose interest in after i win.
Hows your plan?
(8 seasons with Milan 7 scudettos 1 EL 5 CL 3 Coppa Italia 4 Supercup wins and 4 UEFA supercups)

Cheers mate! It is definitely something that I have been thinking about, although we have hit a bit of a mid-season slump so winning the league this season might not be something I have to worry about 😂

…but I am the same as you. I have done 4 or 5 different saves on PES2021 now and it is hard to keep that fire in your stomach once the game becomes a bit too easy. I did an Asian save with Pakhtakor Tashkent with a similar set up to what I have done here, it was basically like an Asian Super League. I managed 8 seasons too I think, won 5 league titles and 3 Asian Champions Leagues. There was something about that save which kept drawing me back. I managed about 6 seasons with Vasco da Gama too, getting them promoted and winning the league/Copa Libertadores.

Every other time I usually last about 4-5 seasons max and then the motivation drops once I win a couple of league titles.

I’m not really one for hopping around different teams in the same save, so it will likely be a completely new ML save. I was thinking maybe a South American league that I’ve not tried before, possibly Chile? …or maybe a J-League Option File and aim to win the Asian Champions League.

So my must win in the Europa League away to Saint Etienne was a thriller that i came out on top of, barely!
Felt so stressed and nervous playing this fixture, simply because a loss or a draw would mean im out of Europe
So a tight 1-0, on a corner in the 40th minute.
Pheeew!
View attachment 240262
This means i get to live another day, next Europa League game will be away to Fiorentina and by my calculations i need to win by 2 goals (to fix the goal difference) otherwise it could come down to a vs affair.
In the other game played that night, St Etienne if they win, i should still be ahead on scored goals, if i win.
A real hornets nest this group and last round.
View attachment 240264

Matchday 15 vs Athletic Bilbao, my fiercest rivals.
A pretty boring game, hardly any suspense, Griezman scored twice in the first half, then Sefirovic closed up shop mid 2nd half making it 3-0.
View attachment 240266

Barcelona dropped 2 point in their draw vs Real Madrid making the table quite interesting going in to the halfway point of the season.
Next up is Almeria at home, could be a tough one, struggled a lot vs them last year so all men on deck for that one, then its Fiorentina at home
View attachment 240267

Brilliant win against St Ettiene mate - All set up for a decider against Fiorentina, sure you will make home advantage count and get the job done 👍🏻

Still going strong in the league too buddy, well done! A bit of a gap opening up between the top 2 and the rest now?

Cheers mate! It is definitely something that I have been thinking about, although we have hit a bit of a mid-season slump so winning the league this season might not be something I have to worry about 😂

…but I am the same as you. I have done 4 or 5 different saves on PES2021 now and it is hard to keep that fire in your stomach once the game becomes a bit too easy. I did an Asian save with Pakhtakor Tashkent with a similar set up to what I have done here, it was basically like an Asian Super League. I managed 8 seasons too I think, won 5 league titles and 3 Asian Champions Leagues. There was something about that save which kept drawing me back. I managed about 6 seasons with Vasco da Gama too, getting them promoted and winning the league/Copa Libertadores.

Every other time I usually last about 4-5 seasons max and then the motivation drops once I win a couple of league titles.

I’m not really one for hopping around different teams in the same save, so it will likely be a completely new ML save. I was thinking maybe a South American league that I’ve not tried before, possibly Chile? …or maybe a J-League Option File and aim to win the Asian Champions League.
Im the same, go for one team in my MLs.
South America is a continent id like to play more in, got a ML that i hardly play on PES2014, but id like to get going with that after my PES 2013
Key for me in the past and often now too is to have some relation or build a fondness for the club you play as
Maybe thats why i have had a gazillion MLs with Milan/Torino
Best of luck mate, both on current and future Master Leagues

The state of play with 10 games to go…

IMG_1692.jpeg

A mid-season slump of consecutive draws has unfortunately shifted the momentum back to Dynamo Kiev. We’re still in a good place but the margin for error is getting smaller, especially given that Kiev just keep on winning.

Crucially, we play them in 4 games time. In my mind, we need to get within 3 points by that game and then it’s in our hands again.

The cups are going well - We’re into the semi-final of the domestic cup and enjoyed a solid 2-0 win against Spartak Moscow in the first leg of our Europa League R32 match.

All of my efforts are going into the league at the moment so if we have to sacrifice some players and rotate in the cups then so be it.

We’re still fighting on all 3 fronts :RSCARF:

Well every now and then youre gonna have a shitter.
Some say scripting others say bad luck, but a shitter of a game it was.
Matchday 16 vs Almeria
This is a team ive had enourmous problems with last season and now, dont know what it is.
Anyway 1-0 down after 3 min when my goalie decided to punch the ball in to his own net
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_23_48.png
I let go of all brakes after that, just pushed everything up, cause i knew it was goimg to be one of those days
1-1 after 17 min nice cross in to the box after 5 min of major pressure on them, header and in
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_29_21.png
And suprise. my defense, acctually my best back four looked on when Almeria made it 2-1 after 25 min.
Horrible defending
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_31_00.png
in the 37th min i had a nice run by my SS Masso on a throughball making it 2-2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_33_36.png

So would the game settle a bit, more of a standoff now, just before halftime?
Of course not, my defenders was out and about on yet another cross in to the box and Almeria making it 3-2 just before the break.
Absolutely horrific defending
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_35_15.png

So at halftime i took the liberty to have a few words with my defenders, promosing them transfers to Russia or some other attractive league if not shaping the fuck up!
Said and done, 2nd half they played brilliant, and i could attack with more confidence.
3-3 in the 73rd min
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_41_12.png
And then in the 87th min i had the chance to win the game and did so, brilliant setup by my midfield, just slicing them apart and 4-3.
game closed and 3 points in the bank
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_43_50.png
What a horrible game, if theres one thing i hate more than losing, its conceding loads of goals
Anyway a win is a win
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 09-10-2023 22_45_57.png

The state of play with 10 games to go…

View attachment 240309

A mid-season slump of consecutive draws has unfortunately shifted the momentum back to Dynamo Kiev. We’re still in a good place but the margin for error is getting smaller, especially given that Kiev just keep on winning.

Crucially, we play them in 4 games time. In my mind, we need to get within 3 points by that game and then it’s in our hands again.

The cups are going well - We’re into the semi-final of the domestic cup and enjoyed a solid 2-0 win against Spartak Moscow in the first leg of our Europa League R32 match.

All of my efforts are going into the league at the moment so if we have to sacrifice some players and rotate in the cups then so be it.

We’re still fighting on all 3 fronts :RSCARF:
So much fun being in all three competitions, though it drains the squad, but the league must be the one mate.
Youll get it done

Im the same, go for one team in my MLs.
South America is a continent id like to play more in, got a ML that i hardly play on PES2014, but id like to get going with that after my PES 2013
Key for me in the past and often now too is to have some relation or build a fondness for the club you play as
Maybe thats why i have had a gazillion MLs with Milan/Torino
Best of luck mate, both on current and future Master Leagues

Same here mate - I usually go for a bit of a fallen giant and try to take them back to glory. They have to have some sort of history or something that I can get attached to, a big rival usually helps too.

In saying that, I have really enjoyed the PES United save and it has felt really fresh/different compared to what I usually go for. I can see myself sticking with it for a couple more seasons and seeing what we can achieve.

Final game in my Europa League group stage vs Fiorentina at home.
this is a game i have to win, most likely with 2 goals to avoid any goal difference/vs team decider
Started with a scare early on, Firentina scores, offside!
I got my attacks in, though i played a great team, and in the 44th minute 1-0 Sociedad.
2nd half was such a struggle to create anything, while Fiorentina kept pushing up creating chance after chance, i got a break, long ball down the flank,a cross a header and 2-0!

Then 2 min later i got a sending off, Fiorentina bombarded me and made it 2-1 in the 76th min
Went all out defense, fought as hard as i could, but 90th min+ and my goalkeeper Bravo got a hand on a shot, stright back in to traffic and it was 2-2

Game ended a min later and im out of the Europa League, huge disappointment.
Wasnt really ready to call it a day so soon tbh, but thats how it goes sometimes
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 10-10-2023 20_47_55.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 10-10-2023 20_48_23.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 10-10-2023 20_49_17.png
That sending off cost me a place in the last 32, not sure how to move on from here, but ill be sure to try and grab a top 4 positon in the league this season or its handing in my resignation most likely.

A few games tonight including 3 league games. We won all 3 but unfortunately so did Dynamo Kiev.

IMG_1693.jpeg

We’re matching each other stride for stride and they don’t look like dropping points any time soon. We play Dinamo Zagreb next before we face Kiev at home, two massive league games which could define our season. Either way, we are running out of games to catch them and any dropped points feel like they could be fatal.

I had a look back at my previous 3 seasons and the points tally it took to win the league. In the last 3 seasons the champions won with 71, 65 and 68 points. Considering we’re both on 60+ points with 7 games to go it looks like being a really high scoring season in terms of points, we’d have probably been champions any other year.

We are going well in the Europa League too and have dispatched of Spartak Moscow (R32) and Villareal (R16)

IMG_1694.jpeg

Next up a tough draw against West Ham, who have an impressive 4.5 star rated squad. I’ve been completely rotating the squad in European games and basically playing all of my second choice players. If we get through this tie then I would be amazed, but we have already come this far. Other than Liverpool, I’d fancy our chances against the other teams if we did make it through.

We have a two legged domestic cup semi-final sandwiched in between the Zagreb and Kiev league games. Thankfully Kiev are out, they have won the cup three seasons in a row.

An unlikely but potential treble is still on the cards!

Last edited:
Managed to squeeze in a few games tonight as the season draws to a close. It looks like it is going to be a pretty exciting end to the season!

We managed to beat Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 away from home. Dynamo Kiev drew their game which meant that we went into our match together just one point behind them. It was a really close game, we probably edged it for the most part but they definitely got stronger as the game went on. It fizzled out as a 0-0 draw.

Luckily for us, Kiev went on to draw a couple more games and drop some points to open the door for us.

Could we take advantage? With 2 games to go in the league the state of play is as follows:

IMG_1697.jpeg

It could not be tighter and it is going to come down to who can hold their nerve the most during the final two games. Every game is so tense at the moment, with any dropped points likely to prove fatal.

We probably have the harder games on paper, with back to back home games against AEK Athena and Partizan Belgrade. Whereas Kiev travel to Zorya and end the season at home to bottom of the table Maccabi Haifa. In my mind, we need two wins from two to secure the title.

In between those final two league games we have a domestic cup final against PAOK and the return leg of the Europa League Semi-Final. We managed to beat West Ham in the QF and have a 1-0 lead against SC Braga as we head into the second leg. A potential final against Liverpool or Monaco awaits.

I’ll do an end of season update by the end of the week hopefully!

Managed to squeeze in a few games tonight as the season draws to a close. It looks like it is going to be a pretty exciting end to the season!

We managed to beat Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 away from home. Dynamo Kiev drew their game which meant that we went into our match together just one point behind them. It was a really close game, we probably edged it for the most part but they definitely got stronger as the game went on. It fizzled out as a 0-0 draw.

Luckily for us, Kiev went on to draw a couple more games and drop some points to open the door for us.

Could we take advantage? With 2 games to go in the league the state of play is as follows:

View attachment 240692

It could not be tighter and it is going to come down to who can hold their nerve the most during the final two games. Every game is so tense at the moment, with any dropped points likely to prove fatal.

We probably have the harder games on paper, with back to back home games against AEK Athena and Partizan Belgrade. Whereas Kiev travel to Zorya and end the season at home to bottom of the table Maccabi Haifa. In my mind, we need two wins from two to secure the title.

In between those final two league games we have a domestic cup final against PAOK and the return leg of the Europa League Semi-Final. We managed to beat West Ham in the QF and have a 1-0 lead against SC Braga as we head into the second leg. A potential final against Liverpool or Monaco awaits.

I’ll do an end of season update by the end of the week hopefully!
Some fun games ahead.
Ps dont do a "Leverkusen" (lost the league title in the last two games, lost the cupfinal and then the CL final vs RM)

An action packed and pulsating end to season 4 - PES United had the possibility of completing the treble, but would they succeed? Two cup finals and a league campaign that would go down to the very last day.

I have gone through our final games and moments below:

PEU Konami Cup Final v PAOK

Getting your first piece of silverware is always the hardest part - We missed out on the domestic cup last season and I was determined for it not to happen again.

We faced PAOK in the PEU Konami Cup final. They’re a decent team but I was relatively confident given that we had already beaten them twice in the league.

The first half was a typical cup final performance, pretty cagey with neither side doing enough to get ahead. Then, at the start of the second half, the game burst into life. Weigandt broke down the right hand side and put a fantastic ball into the box for Augustin to tap home. That goal eased the tension and Tresor added another 5 minutes later. Then, in the 58th minute, Augustin scored his second to kill the game off and earn PES United their first ever trophy. PAOK pulled one back but they never really threatened to make a game out of it.

IMG_1714.jpeg
IMG_1715.jpeg

Job done - Trophy number 1 in the bag.

Europa League Final v Liverpool

Of all the games, this game was probably the one that I was most relaxed for. We’d coasted through the group stage of the Europa League, largely playing our second string team to save our energy for the domestic competitions. We carried on in the same way in the knockout stages, putting in some fantastic performances to reach the final. There was no expectation from me at the start of the season that we would get this far, but here we were.

IMG_1713.jpeg

We were up against my beloved Liverpool. They had an excellent team, with most of the core group still at the club plus some new signings. Truth be told, I had very little expectation for our hopes of winning this one.

With a league title decider only two days away, I put my faith in the players who had got us this far and decided to rotate the team. We started off really well, keeping the ball and taking the sting out of the game. Liverpool were surprisingly sluggish, making mistakes and not really threatening. Then, in the 16th minute, Weigandt and Augustin combined again and we took a surprise early lead - Fantastic start. We edged the rest of the first half, not really giving Liverpool a chance to get back in the game. Right near the end of the first half, Cham pounced on a mistake by Konate to go through 1 on 1 against Alisson. He made no mistake and fired home to make it 2-0! Augustin made the game safe with his second of the game in the 64th minute - 4 goals in two cup finals for him.

IMG_1716.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

Probably the performance of the season, to go toe to toe with Liverpool in such a big game was unbelievable - Our second trophy and first ever European trophy.

Onto the next one…

PEU League

If I was most relaxed for the Europa League final, then I was least relaxed for the title decider. The league was my main priority. We had lost 1 game all season and the thought of not winning the league after such a brilliant run didn’t bear thinking about.

We won the penultimate game 1-0 against AEK Athens. We went ahead early in the first half but couldn’t quite put the game to bed making for a nervous end to the game. Dynamo Kiev beat Ukrainian rivals Zorya by 4 goals to nil meaning we went into the final game of the season with just a point between us.

We were at home to Partizan Belgrade. A side who we have had problems with in the past, they’re really physical and difficult to breakdown. Given the squad had been pushed to their limits and had some fatigue, I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t nervous.

…but just 7 minutes into the game my nerves were soon calmed. Afena Gyan got onto the end of a back heel flick from Cham and buried a first time shot into the bottom left hand corner. We never looked back. Augustin added another in the 34th minute, before Gyan scored his second right before half time. We were 3-0 up by half time and the title was just a formality.

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

The league title was ours. An unbelievable end to a brilliant season. Dynamo Kiev pushed us all the way and it was such an exciting title race. We just had a bit too much for them in the end.

A treble for PES United and some fantastic performances to go with it.

Roll on next season where we try to do it all again!

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    363.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 1
Brilliant performance by PES United to win the treble bro! :RSCARF: You are taking Europe by storm!!
Next challenge: To repeat your brilliant performance from this season and why not? Make a run for the Champions League!!

Who would've thought that after a few seasons, little PES United would conquer the world!! Most impressive is the title win against Liverpool!! It has to be surreal to play against your favorite real-life team but that's awesome you were able to pull it off. Can't wait to hear more bro! :TU:

That sending off cost me a place in the last 32, not sure how to move on from here, but ill be sure to try and grab a top 4 positon in the league this season or its handing in my resignation most likely.
You gotta trust the process bro! The Europa was not the ending you were expecting, but the building blocks are there for international success! Or maybe manager rockstrongo is looking for other challenges? It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out, that's for sure!

You gotta trust the process bro! The Europa was not the ending you were expecting, but the building blocks are there for international success! Or maybe manager rockstrongo is looking for other challenges? It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out, that's for sure!
Cheers man, ill finish this season and go from there i think

Hey there my fellow ML managers! I’ve been lurking in this thread a while now and enjoying reading about your stories!

I was wondering, did any of you ever try something akin to this:

https://reddit.com/r/WEPES/s/WgGtO2Yzme

Rules and restrictions to add some spice, a degree of realism, and to avoid rising to the top much too quickly as it tends to happen on more recent Master Leagues.

I was thinking of trying it out for myself on FL2024 once the virtuared stadium pack finishes downloading and I get the time to grab the gamepad.

Maybe even write posts of my progress on this very thread? If that is welcome of course.

@SlovenlyRed Usually what I do in my ML stories is I try to follow the country rules restrictions (for example, following the league's maximum foreign players signings etc).. Also, I don't usually use regens (only when they are logical to the story and aren't famous players), and try to limit my transfer signings to players who have a lesser overall rating to my top-rated player. :)

You're definitely welcome to write anything ML-related in this thread! :TU:

It has been on my mind for a while, and some day ago I finally started a proper "journeyman" Master League on Pes 17. Tried something vaguely similar with Wolves time ago, but starting from an already established european team in the arguably most important League around.. not really in the spirit of it.

For who isn't familiar with the term, the Journeyman is a challenge born on CM/Football Manager, where you basically start your save unemployed and with the lowest experience possible. Since such thing is of course not possible on Pes, I obviated by picking one of the lowest teams in China (Qindao Huanghai), simulated all the games up to the first market stop and wait for other (hopefully) low tier teams to approach me. It helps that China's season starts like 6 months before the official season in the other contries, so when the stop arrived it was basically summer 2016, the beginning of the "mainstream" football year.

Since I rarely pay attention to job offers in my other MLs, I was afraid to see decent teams among the pretenders, which would totally break immersion, but when the time came all my doubts were happily dispelled:
Screenshot 2023-10-16 00-15-04.png

As @millossobek would guess :PP , I decided to roleplay as Matias Almeyda, so the choice between those offers was kinda given:

Union La Calera seemed perfect. A lower team in a south american league I've never played looked exciting enough to me, and also a challenge that the same Almeyda would likely take given his real life stint in Mexico. I'm using a 4-2-3-1, as it seems a bit more robust and apt to the roster I have, but will eventually explore other alternatives.

Anyway, the start was hard, with two very deserved defeats, as not only I still need to know better my (kinda bad, of course) players, but I tried for the first time in ages manual passing, in the spirit of the passing stat not being so prominent in 17 and manual being a little less unforgiving compared with other chapters ( @slamsoze you'll have my pad on your conscience for this :LOL:).

Then, I finally found my first, sweet point in this draw against Universidad Concepcion:

Must admit it was one of the most entertaining games in the recent past! Started decently but took an header from a corner, then they almost closed the match more than once. I was already preparing for my third defeat, when I was able to put in an unhoped for free kick ace with Castellani which made me jump from my seat (which was also the first goal of the season, and of this adventure as a whole of course). Last minutes were so exciting, between them closing me in my area and me being forced to kick the ball away in practically every chance. Definitely had that old school Pes magic.

Only downside to it all, is that in 17 the board is practically non existent, as there aren't objectives, nor you can be fired (right?), so I guess I'll have to roleplay it myself somehow.. we'll see on the way. As for now, of course I will simulate the market based on the let's say "real life" possibilities of my team as strictly as possible (I'll just try to buy one player with the overall lower of the highest one already on the roster, that would be winger J.Vargas at 74, but I'll probably go max 71-72 and won't force purchases. Something along the lines of "the club knows what I need and will try to satisfy me, but I know where I am and I'm willing to work with the players I have if necessary").

@Madmac79 Matías Almeyda!!!! The man himself!!!!! I just knew that you would eventually start an adventure with our dear Laziale/River Defensive Midfielder as manager! I really like his face too, did you create it yourself? It looks really good, an older Matías. I think this is an awesome challenge, a "journeyman" ML mode, in which you follow more the manager's career than a particular team, I'll have to try that sometime! In addition, it's cool you picked Unión La Calera. They are located in Valparaíso, just north of Santiago (I've heard it's a beautiful place), and as far as I know, haven't had much success locally! (Chile is pretty much dominated by "The Big 3: Colo-Colo, Universidad de Chile, and Universidad Católica") It'll be great to see what Manager Almeyda can do there! I also think it's cool you're trying PA0 in PES 2017, I think it's one of the more intermediate ones out of the more recent games, (I'm almost exclusively a PA1 player, but sometimes switching it up can be fun, looking for a sort of FIFA "semi" style!", hopefully with stats weight as well!)

In anycase, Welcome to South America, bro!!!!! :BSCARF:I'm really happy to see Manager Matías in Chile, I think it'll be a great proving ground for him early in his managerial career! You will be facing a tough league, a very "top-heavy" one for sure with the 3 giants dominating, but one that will definitely bring you lots of fun!! Can't wait to see how your adventure keeps going! Could I recommend a VERY interesting player who you might consider, with a great, great backstory? :)

Last edited:
Anyone help with this, is it normal, in my 1st season in championship im in a relegation battle. I am just above bottom 3 on goal difference with 1 game to go. In the last two games i have had hlaf my players get red bars after 15 minutes and they are literally dead on their feet. Lost my last game 4 nil and going into the very last game i think im doomed

@millossobek thanks mate! I'll surely enjoy my stay :))

To be honest I copied the face from a youtube video😅.. I just changed the hairstyle in the one he does sport now.

Cool to know something more about Union, in fact only teams I knew from Chile were the one you nominated, plus Audax Italiano (cause that's the first team you see from Chilean league when you pass on it in friendlies in most of modern games :PP ).

As for your suggestion, I ended up my market session before reading your post, buying OMF Nahuel Luján as the only reinforce (which I ironically found out afterwards playing in Universidad De Chile today ). But I'd love to know your name anyway, if he can fits in overall and in the team I'll surely consider him in january :RSCARF:

Anyway, after two more games, I'm 2 points in 4 matches and I'm totally having the time of my life in Primera Division. Had a 0-1 defeat against Universidad De Chile and a draw with Union Espanola (Intrigued by their shirt, that is practially the same as the Spain, I learned they indeed were founded by a group of spanish immigrants.. fascinating) in another thrilling game.. I'm totally rediscovering 17 greatness once again!

Anyone help with this, is it normal, in my 1st season in championship im in a relegation battle. I am just above bottom 3 on goal difference with 1 game to go. In the last two games i have had hlaf my players get red bars after 15 minutes and they are literally dead on their feet. Lost my last game 4 nil and going into the very last game i think im doomed
You mean their stamina is being depleted after 15 minutes? That is strange.. maybe you are running them too much? It does seem strange that your players are getting tired that fast, though..

Guys, I posted this question over at the PES 2017 thread, but maybe one of you guys knows something about this:

I'm thinking also to eventuallly start a Master League in PES 2017, my favorite football game of all time.. :) But I'd like to know: Is there a way to increase the retirement age of a player and/or change his development curve? Maybe an external tool somewhere? I'd like to include a 30+ player in the team (Jefferson Farfán), but I wouldn't want him to decline too fast or retire after only a few seasons.. Does anyone know a way to do this?

I could always lower his age in edit mode, and make him 28 or so, but I think it'd be more realistic to make him more similar to his actual age.

Last edited:
You mean their stamina is being depleted after 15 minutes? That is strange.. maybe you are running them too much? It does seem strange that your players are getting tired that fast, though..
I think it was the DT18 mod I was using . I finished in bottom 3 and was sacked but luckily Id accepted an offer from another club. Beat my old club 2-1 in 2nd game of season . What a feeling

Ended the Clausura tournament and man.. this was my worse performance in a looong time.. luckily chilean second division isn't a thing in this game 😅

Screenshot 2023-10-22 17-24-29.png

Still had TONS of fun in the process anyway, plus results started to get better in the last 5-6 games, where TS was a bit higher and I was a little less bad with manual passing.

Will now give myself a full Apertura/Clausura chance, then I will probably self sack for a team of this same level or lower if I can't at least go above middle table. In the meantime, an exciting transfer market awaits us; I was afraid to get shower money as in 18 but the board just gave me like 4 mln so it's kinda ok.. don't even know if I spend all the money I have for the level of players I'll go after 😂

Sorry for the lack of regular updates guys, I have still been playing through season 5 of my PES United save but just not had a chance to provide any update.

I played the last game of the season earlier today, so here is my season 5 summary:

UEFA Super Cup

Atletico Madrid 0 - 2 PES United

IMG_1732.jpeg

We were pitted against Champions League winners Atletico Madrid. A really tough game with few chances, we managed to get on top in the second half as they tired a little. Augustin and Ntcham scored goals late in the second half to give us a 2-0 win to secure our second European trophy.

PEU League

IMG_1796.jpeg

It’s back to back league titles for PES United. A fantastic season with lots of great goals and performances. The main difference this season has been our ability to kill games off and find that crucial goal. We drew 11 games last season which really hindered our final points tally. We only drew 5 games this time around and managed to lose just once.

The final league table definitely makes it look like we absolutely ran away with it, but Dynamo Kiev were still a thorn in our side for the most part. We were 6 points ahead of them with 5 games to go before they capitulated a bit in the final few games of the season.

Afena Gyan was a massive player for us, scoring 24 goals. Tresor really stepped up from the AM position with 11 goals and new signing Adil Aouchiche had a fantastic debut season netting 9 times in the league.

PEU Cup

IMG_1795.jpeg

It was a domestic double for PES United.

We used our second string for the most part but that seemed to get us through each tie quite comfortably.

Of course, we faced Dynamo Kiev in the final.

It was a pretty tight first half, but we probably shaded it in terms of possession and chances created. Then, mid way through the second half, Tresor made a great run down the left hand side and beat his full back before squaring the ball to Aouchiche to put us 1 up. Kiev completely fell apart and we went on to enjoy a comfortable 4-0 win to retain the trophy.

Champions League

Our debut season in the Champions League was one to be proud of.

We were given a pretty tough group, drawn against Manchester City, Benfica and FC Koln. We managed to beat Man City away on the opening day and went on to finish second in the group. Koln managed to top the group and City finished a surprising third to drop in to the Europa League.

It was a repeat of the Super Cup final in the last 16 as we faced Atletico Madrid. We managed to beat them away in the first leg and secured a comfortable home win to progress to the quarter final. We were drawn against RB Leipzig, we drew 0-0 in the home leg but a crucial goal in the away leg meant Leipzig had too much to do and we were in the CL Semi Final.

Our biggest game yet, as we were drawn against Real Madrid. We put in a fantastic performance in the away leg, winning 2-1. Unfortunately, Madrid showed their class in the second leg and completely blew us away by beating us 5-1 (6-3 agg).

It was a fantastic campaign - A run to the semi-finals was more than I probably hoped for.

That means after 5 seasons, we have a trophy haul to be really proud of:

IMG_1797.jpeg

In terms of next steps, I’m going to do one more season with PES United and then start a new save at some point. We are tied on two titles each with Olympiakos, so I would like to see if we can make it three league titles in a row and become the most successful PEU league team. It would be nice to have another stab at winning a European trophy too, but that would just be a bonus.

On to the sixth and final season we go!

Last edited:
Check this out guys! One of the coolest goals I've ever scored! :TU: (The video is already timestamped so just press play) :)

I'm loving a fully licensed Copa Sudamericana in this edition! 🏆 Been playing with this gameplay mod and slight stats modifications and I've had tons of fun!
Full Cup Story with my Millonarios coming soon. :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom