The Master League adventures thread

Changing the presentation, one post for the LaLiga significant matches and another for the Champions League group stage.

Matchday 10 and we are traveling to Santiago Bernabeu to face Real Madrid. Two goals in 60' Jesus Navas & 67' Cutrone and a steady pace secured our big victory.

Real Madrid - Extremadura

View attachment 237354

----------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 12

Another away match, against Valencia, we escaped Mestalla scrapping a goal.

View attachment 237356

----------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 14 in Real Betis, and we managed to secure the +3 points in 93' stoppage time.

View attachment 237359

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday.16

Atletico Madrid - Extremadura

Another dangerous trip. The match became totally rodeo!!!
View attachment 237365

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last match for the LaLiga part, Matchday.18, one match before the end of the 1st round. We are playing in Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, against Sevilla. The team football playing wise, is at its best spot in this 3 seasons adventure.

View attachment 237366

The LaLiga table, after 18 games is:

View attachment 237367

We are going far better than i expected in the pre-season period. -3 from 1st Barcelona and having Real and Atletico breathing behind my neck.
Youre doing great mate, some start to your season!

As expected Real Madrid became a tough nut to crack, and i didnt have much chance vs them
They beat me quite easily 3-1
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 25-09-2023 23_02_39.png

Needed to bounce back quickly on matchday 12 vas Real Valladolid away
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 25-09-2023 22_10_54.png
Neck to neck the whole game, think i had 2-3 chances all game, them to so a very close game.
65th minute and i pusdhed up crossed a ball in to the box, a scramble and my striker Seferovic smashed it in for 1-0
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 25-09-2023 22_49_18.png

After that it was all defence for me, got away with a very narrow 1-0 and 3 points in the bank.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 25-09-2023 23_00_32.png

We managed to stay in a top three position despite bad form lately
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 25-09-2023 23_01_16.png

We have the away fixture vs RCD Mallorca (1-2) in the Copa Del Rey, a game i really want to win, so fingers crossed for a healthy and in form team

Also my side ML with Napoli on PES 2017 is very hard not to play, but this is a great game and i love the toughness of this game

@rockstrongo PES 2013 is really hard, my season with Beira Mar has been a struggle so far! I am still debating whether I should lower the difficuty from Superstar to Top Player, as I'm not sure my struggles are due to the very high difficuty of SS, or that my team is still quite low ranked.

Also, bro I agree. -2 game speed in PES 2017 is a great setting. :) I will probably lower the age of the veterans as you mentioned to extend their careers, while keeping their ages a bit higher in my own story.

@rockstrongo PES 2013 is really hard, my season with Beira Mar has been a struggle so far! I am still debating whether I should lower the difficuty from Superstar to Top Player, as I'm not sure my struggles are due to the very high difficuty of SS, or that my team is still quite low ranked.

Also, bro I agree. -2 game speed in PES 2017 is a great setting. :) I will probably lower the age of the veterans as you mentioned to extend their careers, while keeping their ages a bit higher in my own story.
Most likely a bit of both, ive always wondered why they have that club ranking in PES.
Maybe its some sort of early Team spirit or once you get up the ranking the better the team gets regardless of players.
Im playing TP, a pretty good difficulty for me, also PA0 so it adds some toughness without the cpu getting all crazy.
Any team for pes 17 yet?
I chosed Napoli to get them some post Maradona glory, havent really won anything since him (until pes 17) except coppa Italia.
Plus for my own story, the amount of pressure being a player or a manager for them, so that adds to the story as well.
Think i need a top 5 finish, a decent CL run without being sacked (by myself)
bonus is also having Stadio Diego Maradona in the game/patch

@rockstrongo hehe don't want to reveal the team just yet, since I will probably write it in my ML thread, still getting everything together, it's more of a long term project as I want to finish some stories first. :)

I think I'm going to try TP in PES 2013, in SS I'm finding the defenses a bit too tough to crack, even with one-bar passing, which I like in this edition. :) That's cool you're picking Napoli for 2017, and having the stadium (which IIRC has a lot of atmosphere in real life), is a real plus. I played the Calcio in PES 2017, and it was my favorite campaign so far!

Last edited:
As a Villa fan, who absolutely hates Birmingham City, no better team to hammer in the Playoff Final & Andi Weimann scoring as well 👏
Hahahah, love it. I knew Weimann would be good, but not THIS good, at least for the Championship.

It's certainly difficult. I found PES2013 to be the most challenging if you start with a lower rated team: until you find one or two good players, like some 77+ rated striker that's fast and shoots well, a good winger or a really good CAM, it's quite tough.

Copa Del Rey vs Mallorca away fixture 2 round 2.
Going in to this game having lost at home 2-1, i had no choice but to start and chase a goal early on and the put more pressure as the game went on.
15th minute, massive advantage, 2-3 chances created keeping pressure on then a cross in to the box
1-0 Real Sociedad
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 22_49_57.png

Back down a bit after that goal, defended well and 35 mins in i got a breakaway, Griezmann on the wing low hard pass in to the box and a one time tap in making it 2-0 Real Sociedad and 3-2 on aggregrate
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 22_53_37.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 22_54_16.png

Got extremely sloppy and relaxed the last 5 min of the first half, and out of the blue, game was even Stevens again.
2-1 (3-3)
Last kick of the half!
man...
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 22_57_18.png

Shaky times at the start of the second half but i had a few good chances and my hands shainkg when defending since they played very well up front.
65th minute and i smashed in a long ranger from Xabi Prieto making it 3-1
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 23_00_49.png

I kept defending more and more desperately, Mallorca went for it full force and wouldnt you know, 80th min, 3-2!
I was still up on away goal, but got a bit shaky now.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 23_03_04.png
I defended with all i had and in the end i did sneak in a 4th goal shutting this game down completely.
Such a rollercoaster ride this game.
Finally im past Mallorca and in to the quarter finals
4-2 me!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 26-09-2023 23_08_59.png

Heading towards the end of season 3 and it’s been a real slog of a season. The added games with European football have drained the squad and it’s safe to say our best football has probably been played in the cup competitions.

We are into the last 8 of the Europa League but face a real tough test in the QF against Newcastle. We managed to come through the Round of 32 tie against Nice, winning 1-0 on aggregate. The Round of 16 draw pitted us against league rivals Dinamo Zagreb. A 1-1 draw in the away leg put us through on away goals after we drew the return leg 0-0.

My expectations for Europe were quite low, but we have done fantastically well to reach the QF. Anything from here is a bonus, who knows what can happen in knockout football.

We are also through to our first cup final, after reaching the domestic cup final where we will meet Dynamo Kiev. They have won the cup in both the previous seasons and will be aiming for three in a row.

We came through a pretty tough semi-final first leg against Sparta Prague, winning 1-0 thanks to a late own goal. The return leg was a demolition job, we won 4-0 and it could have been more. Even Castolo came off the bench to get amongst the goals which was great to see.

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

Our league form has suffered though. We are doing better than in my last update and 5th place is a respectable finish if we can stay up there. I definitely underestimated the impact of the added European fixtures though and we’ve just not had the quality in depth to rotate. Having to rely on exhausted players and a lack of options means our league form has been massively inconsistent.

Winning the cup will be our best chance of getting European football again next season but with 6 games to go in the league there’s still plenty of points to play for.

This Summer could be a big re-build if we get some serious funds from progressing in Europe and potentially winning the cup.

@rockstrongo Great away win bro! On to the quarters! Can't wait to hear who you'll be facing! I also love the screenshots of the match, added excitement to the goals and in the rain PES 2013 has a lot of atmosphere! :TU:

@Kopite1990 I would say that 5th place + an Europa League quarterfinal is to my estimation, a very good performance bro, for only your 2nd season I believe! Newcastle willl be tough but I'll be rooting for PES United! :BSCARF:

Heading towards the end of season 3 and it’s been a real slog of a season. The added games with European football have drained the squad and it’s safe to say our best football has probably been played in the cup competitions.

We are into the last 8 of the Europa League but face a real tough test in the QF against Newcastle. We managed to come through the Round of 32 tie against Nice, winning 1-0 on aggregate. The Round of 16 draw pitted us against league rivals Dinamo Zagreb. A 1-1 draw in the away leg put us through on away goals after we drew the return leg 0-0.

My expectations for Europe were quite low, but we have done fantastically well to reach the QF. Anything from here is a bonus, who knows what can happen in knockout football.

We are also through to our first cup final, after reaching the domestic cup final where we will meet Dynamo Kiev. They have won the cup in both the previous seasons and will be aiming for three in a row.

We came through a pretty tough semi-final first leg against Sparta Prague, winning 1-0 thanks to a late own goal. The return leg was a demolition job, we won 4-0 and it could have been more. Even Castolo came off the bench to get amongst the goals which was great to see.

View attachment 237564

View attachment 237565

Our league form has suffered though. We are doing better than in my last update and 5th place is a respectable finish if we can stay up there. I definitely underestimated the impact of the added European fixtures though and we’ve just not had the quality in depth to rotate. Having to rely on exhausted players and a lack of options means our league form has been massively inconsistent.

Winning the cup will be our best chance of getting European football again next season but with 6 games to go in the league there’s still plenty of points to play for.

This Summer could be a big re-build if we get some serious funds from progressing in Europe and potentially winning the cup.
Impressive run in both cups mate, and playing for silver ware in the domestic cup is amazing.
Yes, ive gone through that with a small/not good enough squad, it takes a hell of a toll playing 2-3 games a week in certain parts of the season.
Hopefully the cash will roll in for a 2 good players per postion kinda squad through your euro cash.
Best of luck in both cups mate

Going on with the Champions League part of the Extremadura campaign.

In previous episode, we've lost our first match against Benfica, 2-3 in our home.

----

Champions League Matcday (or Night) 2

Traveling to Celtic Park in Glasgow, another traditional pain in the arse.

Starting lineups

cl2.jpg

A lot of regens here, fatigue and some minor injuries force us to represent without Cutrone, Jesus Navas, David Silva, etc.

The match was a "must win". We started with 2 early goals, but our arrogance and the bad game management, resulted in a 2-2 draw.

Score

cl2f.jpg

The match stats were almost even, favouring a little bit Celtic's side, in my honest opinion.

cl2ff.jpg

Match video

After a Loss and a Draw, the group stage couldn't be worse, to begin with. Also having conceaded 5 goals in 2 matches, is too much to digest. Maybe we were not ready for Champions League this year.

cl2g.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Night 3

We travel to Anfield, which i assume will be the typical nail to our coffin.

Liverpool at full power and with an Alexis Sanchez that always scores against me in any PES. Extremadura at full power too. We will fight for the best!

cl2.jpg

The match resulted in a balanced fight, but with an one man show in terms of goals, which is the spirit of football. A personal show of Manu Morlanes and Aubameyang, and an early goal of Owen (the American) Otasowie , and it was a totally devastating night for Merseyside Reds.

CL3f.jpg

Match video

And suddenlly, mimicking IRL old Panathinaikos :LOL: , by the end of first round of Group stage, we got from bottom to the 2nd place. On top of that, the 2 top teams, Celtic and Extremadura, were the bad horses on paper, in the Group Draw. Jokes aside, this group as it evolved is from the closest races, i can remember in any ML i've play recently. Every club after 3 matches, is ready for the best or the worst, and anything can change in one night.

CL3g.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Stage Round 2, Matchday 4. From now on, everything matters, and bye-bye squad rotations in the final group match. :D

Reds coming to Badajoz this time. Almost full power reds, almost full power Los Gokus. Did a little squad rotation, picking Auba as starter CF, Dorca a random Spanish regen guy, Juanfran regen as RB, Alberto Moreno regen as LB, Ramis regen as CB, Diego Lopez regen as GK etc.

Startring lineups.

CL4a.jpg

The match was balanced in the end, in a generally balanced group. We were doomed to loose, but Aubameyang in minute 90', kept us alive, in technical support, but alive though.

cl4f.jpg

Match video

The group after 4 matches.

cl4g.jpg

And now, everything is possible, or as i said, everything is completelly faked up! :D Really the closest group, and with the lowest point crop i can recall.

Next post, the 5th and the final Group Stage matches. Let's see if we will go to CL top-16, EL top-32, or back home :) :P

P.S.: Splitting the post due to 5 media and 10 pictures limitation.

Last edited:
And who else was the most apropriate team to face in this chaos? Benfica...Oh yeah they always are.... Worst part, we are playing in Portugal :(

Champions League gamenight 5 of 6

Benfica VS Extremadura

A hot atmosphere in Lisbon

cl5a.jpg

Starting squads

cl5aa.jpg

You know a match will go bad, when your only one reverse-footed LWF is Lucas Vazquez (with much respect to Lucas :) )

We had some chances, Benfica did their tricks with Darwin Nunez in 17', we leveled things with Cutrone in 35', nothing more nothing less. You can see sadness in Rakitic face. And Full Time Stats.

cl5ft.jpg cl5f.jpg

Liverpool won the other match against Celtic, and now the group is more mess than before.

cl5ff.jpg

Group stage after 5 matches.

cl5fff.png

The last round pairs are, Liverpool-Benfica and Extremadura-Celtic, so we 50% hold our fates in our hands. A possible draw, and we must wait for the other result, having ensured the EL. A loss, and we are out, a win , and we must wait the other match, to see if we go 1st or 2nd via our group. Even the 4th Celtic may qualify to CL knock out, this is really crazy group.

The match video.

And the final match, of this dramatic CL group, as it evolved.

Champions League, matchday.6, or night :)

Estadio Francisco de la Hera, with our fans standing by our side, but unable to use our sound effects, goal songs, due to UEFA policy :RANT:

Extremadura UD - Celtic

The starters

cl6a.jpg

We must, no matter what, keep them in low tempo in their third half. If their start their long pass mambo-jumbo from defence to attack, they will score, sooner or latter. Thankfully we kept them in low flights under the rader and Robben (the regen) scored the one and only goal of this night, in minute 80'.

cl6b.jpg

So the match concluded with only 2 shots by them, 1 on target, while the possesion was 50%-50%. And we are waiting now the other results.

cl6f.jpg

In the other match, Liverpool and Benfica brought zeros. So miraculously, starting from the bottom, we ended up 1st. Leaders of the group, but with a very low point crop. I remember a season, 2004-2005, Olympiakos ended 3rd with 9 points in the group, and it was the talk of the year. So both of us and Liverpool, having 9 points, us being first due to better aggregate in our between matches, 2-5 AWAY and 1-1 HOME. Or better due to have 1W-1D in the matches between us, whatever :D

cl6g.jpg

THE MATCH VIDEO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Groups of this season, Champion League 2024-2025, concluded like this:

cl6z.jpg

A lot of surprises. Andrelecht and Shaktar left Inter Milan 3rd, PAOK left Ajax outside of CL knockouts, Young Boys ended with 0 points! Only PSG did the 6/6.

The knock out stage is this. Our opponent will be Lyon.

Clko.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And now the EPILGUE. While it seems this is the best season for me and Extremadura, both in LaLiga and Champions League, and team is ready for big challenges, either this season or the next, and while i know how anticlimatic those changes are, i decided to move on and swap team in the coming window, December of 2024 - January of 2025. The reasons are, i am burned out, having 3 of 5 seasons in 2 big leagues, EPL and LaLiga, playing in 2 "fake" leagues, despite the edits here and there, i need some authenticity now, and i was also burned out by this crazy chase of Barcelona-Real-Atletico. It's really a lot of pressure.

So the offer from in game were: Arsenal who are 10th in EPL, and playing in EL, but i don't want EPL again, at least in the moment, Paris FC in Ligue 2, which i made a deal, and Fortuna Sittard in Eredivisie, being 16th, which i made a deal too. Have been in Fortuna in PES 2020 for some seasons, and in Paris FC, in every PES since 2018 up to 2021.

So i picked Fortuna Sittard, for the challenge, to "save" them from the bottom 3 positions, to try to climb in the top-6 CL/EL spots and the "package" of the Eredivisie, visible trophies (if i win anything ever :P ) , Eredivisie transition visuals. And to pay a little bit tribute to @vialli82 who used to say that he wants to see more Eredivisie being played. So going on with Fortunezen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.: For the shake of the Master League drama, let's say that, Extremadura had some really serious financial problems from the roster creation of this season, who could not be covered even by the CL qualification, so they had to liquidate some of their assets.

The solution came from Netherlands, where Fortuna Sittard offered a respectfull amount of money, in order to buy Arjen Robben (regen) and the coach of Extremadura , Carlos Tanaka. Robben and coach recieved the news with cold heart, but it was the best solution for both sides, as Extremadura could continue to exist financially, having also a solid base of roster that coach Tanaka iherited to them, and coach could meet a brand new and fresh adventure, in a new country, new League.

As an aftermath of all this, Fortuna ended without financial problem, but without any transfer budget too :) :D , so Carlos Tanaka had to make evaluation of the existing roster, sell whoever needs to be sold, and either buy some Dutch medriocre 23~25 years old players, some Dutch veterans, and promote some youths from the academies, in order to build a sufficient roster.

In his press conference, coach said for the 5013413444343434th time, that: "We are football players, not cage fighters!!!!" :LMAO:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

P.S.2: Some time, i must pick one of the other options, that says want to see boys playing hard, waiting to listen the coach say something like: "We are CAGE fighters, we will rock you!!! :P "

TL;DR: Extremadura out, Fortuna Sittard in! :WASTED:

@slamsoze great Champions League group mate! The ups and downs mirrors well the real life ones we often see. Besides, you have a pretty good team now - realistic you and Reds passed it.

Of one thing I'm particularly curious tho.. did Ajeti lived up the hype of being the best player in Europe :PP?

Anyway, I'm a little sad you leave Extremadura, I would have loved to see you end the season.. but given your philosophy, I think it's probably for the best.. I also like you go togheter with Robben, will be fun to see it being rebuilded with a great player at the center of the project.

By the way, you are making me itch to do a proper journeyman career 😃

The Magnificient Eight

Currently playing world cup with national all stars teams that i created, using only konami stats. It was challenging to find players, especially for teams like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Costarica... Anyway, playing with 8 user teams, 8 underdogs -> Iran, Costarica, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, South Korea, United States, Colombia and Mexico. I just finished group stage, only South Korea didn't make it to the next (knockout) round, but Mexico somehow managed to do so, despite the fact that they had 6 points - just like Belgium, goal difference 5-3 - just like Belgium, and lost to Belgium in last round (1-0), but konami put Mexico on 2nd and Belgium in 3rd place. Thanks, PES6.
Now some pics.

bandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-26-488.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-27-995.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-29-118.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-30-043.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-30-962.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-58-31-648.jpg
bandicam 2023-09-28 20-59-28-627.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-59-30-809.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-59-32-103.jpgbandicam 2023-09-28 20-59-34-106.jpg

P.S.: For the shake of the Master League drama, let's say that, Extremadura had some really serious financial problems from the roster creation of this season, who could not be covered even by the CL qualification, so they had to liquidate some of their assets.

The solution came from Netherlands, where Fortuna Sittard offered a respectfull amount of money, in order to buy Arjen Robben (regen) and the coach of Extremadura , Carlos Tanaka. Robben and coach recieved the news with cold heart, but it was the best solution for both sides, as Extremadura could continue to exist financially, having also a solid base of roster that coach Tanaka iherited to them, and coach could meet a brand new and fresh adventure, in a new country, new League.

As an aftermath of all this, Fortuna ended without financial problem, but without any transfer budget too :) :D , so Carlos Tanaka had to make evaluation of the existing roster, sell whoever needs to be sold, and either buy some Dutch medriocre 23~25 years old players, some Dutch veterans, and promote some youths from the academies, in order to build a sufficient roster.

In his press conference, coach said for the 5013413444343434th time, that: "We are football players, not cage fighters!!!!" :LMAO:
Absolutely love this, bro! Adding this background color to the story perfectly explains Tanaka's departure from the club! I really think it's cool you fleshed out your story like this. :TU: It's like you are the opposite of Mourinho in a way, instead of trophy hunting, you are chasing teams to save them from relegation! Love it, so original and in a way, very dramatic too!

Great run in the CL, btw! A great way to say farewell to "Los Gokus"!

Like @Madmac79 said, this sounds so interesting. Doing a proper journeyman manager career.. :THINK:

And the final match, of this dramatic CL group, as it evolved.

Champions League, matchday.6, or night :)

Estadio Francisco de la Hera, with our fans standing by our side, but unable to use our sound effects, goal songs, due to UEFA policy :RANT:

Extremadura UD - Celtic

The starters

View attachment 237864

We must, no matter what, keep them in low tempo in their third half. If their start their long pass mambo-jumbo from defence to attack, they will score, sooner or latter. Thankfully we kept them in low flights under the rader and Robben (the regen) scored the one and only goal of this night, in minute 80'.

View attachment 237865

So the match concluded with only 2 shots by them, 1 on target, while the possesion was 50%-50%. And we are waiting now the other results.

View attachment 237866

In the other match, Liverpool and Benfica brought zeros. So miraculously, starting from the bottom, we ended up 1st. Leaders of the group, but with a very low point crop. I remember a season, 2004-2005, Olympiakos ended 3rd with 9 points in the group, and it was the talk of the year. So both of us and Liverpool, having 9 points, us being first due to better aggregate in our between matches, 2-5 AWAY and 1-1 HOME. Or better due to have 1W-1D in the matches between us, whatever :D

View attachment 237867

THE MATCH VIDEO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Groups of this season, Champion League 2024-2025, concluded like this:

View attachment 237868

A lot of surprises. Andrelecht and Shaktar left Inter Milan 3rd, PAOK left Ajax outside of CL knockouts, Young Boys ended with 0 points! Only PSG did the 6/6.

The knock out stage is this. Our opponent will be Lyon.

View attachment 237869

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And now the EPILGUE. While it seems this is the best season for me and Extremadura, both in LaLiga and Champions League, and team is ready for big challenges, either this season or the next, and while i know how anticlimatic those changes are, i decided to move on and swap team in the coming window, December of 2024 - January of 2025. The reasons are, i am burned out, having 3 of 5 seasons in 2 big leagues, EPL and LaLiga, playing in 2 "fake" leagues, despite the edits here and there, i need some authenticity now, and i was also burned out by this crazy chase of Barcelona-Real-Atletico. It's really a lot of pressure.

So the offer from in game were: Arsenal who are 10th in EPL, and playing in EL, but i don't want EPL again, at least in the moment, Paris FC in Ligue 2, which i made a deal, and Fortuna Sittard in Eredivisie, being 16th, which i made a deal too. Have been in Fortuna in PES 2020 for some seasons, and in Paris FC, in every PES since 2018 up to 2021.

So i picked Fortuna Sittard, for the challenge, to "save" them from the bottom 3 positions, to try to climb in the top-6 CL/EL spots and the "package" of the Eredivisie, visible trophies (if i win anything ever :P ) , Eredivisie transition visuals. And to pay a little bit tribute to @vialli82 who used to say that he wants to see more Eredivisie being played. So going on with Fortunezen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________________________________________________

P.S.2: Some time, i must pick one of the other options, that says want to see boys playing hard, waiting to listen the coach say something like: "We are CAGE fighters, we will rock you!!! :P "

TL;DR: Extremadura out, Fortuna Sittard in! :WASTED:
A great ride with Extremadura, now relegation battles with Fortuna Sittard, love it.

The Magnificient Eight

Currently playing world cup with national all stars teams that i created, using only konami stats. It was challenging to find players, especially for teams like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Costarica... Anyway, playing with 8 user teams, 8 underdogs -> Iran, Costarica, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, South Korea, United States, Colombia and Mexico. I just finished group stage, only South Korea didn't make it to the next (knockout) round, but Mexico somehow managed to do so, despite the fact that they had 6 points - just like Belgium, goal difference 5-3 - just like Belgium, and lost to Belgium in last round (1-0), but konami put Mexico on 2nd and Belgium in 3rd place. Thanks, PES6.
Now some pics.

IIRC the old system doesn't consider the between matches, only the goal difference. That's why despite your team qualified, they're both depicted as 2nd.

The final group results when points and goal average were totally equal were dictated:

In case of 32 users: either Alphabetically or whoever user has the lowest user number , IE p1 > p28.

When it is a case like yours, a user controlled team in aggregate a non-user affiliated team, game "favours" the human player, showing both teams with the dame position, 1st or 2nd but only the upper team qualifies.

Completed my first season on 2018.

Ended up here:

Screenshot 2023-09-29 18-25-30.png

thanks to a good streak in the last 8 matches or something, only interrupted in the very last game with a painless 3-0 loss against Willem II.

Gomez ended up as the top scorer of the league, and as the only player of the tournament from my team:

Screenshot 2023-09-29 18-26-25.png

Screenshot 2023-09-29 18-25-38.png

my path in the national Cup stopped against Ajax, with a goal in the injury time of the 120 minutes.. as more or less expected😓. Funny thing is that I was able to beat them both times in the league, I would have gladly exchanged one for the pass in the semifinals but of course it had to go this way.

for the rest, bought cb Söyüncü and agile cmf Pineda in january.. first one became my defensive leader practically immediately, other guy saw way less field for now, but certainly will play more next season. Now I have in mind a bigger revolution, I already have too many MLs playing with a 4-3-3 or a similar variation, would like to play something new and extreme like a 5-3-2 variant, to see if I can both defend better and valorize more Odegaard: while he ended being my second top scorer, being a natural omf he feels a bit sacrificed as a winger. Will have to see if I can make enough money to turn upside down the roster.

Anyway, object for the next year is to be able to enter in the EL and fight for the national cup :))

Last edited:
@Red_Star_Belgrade Interesting Cup! So you created the all-star teams yourself? I'd be interested to see who you picked say, for Korea or Colombia! I've never played with more than one team in a cup, sounds like it would be an interesting experience. :)

@Madmac79 A 5-3-2 sounds like a good formation to try, especially if you have a strong CB like Söyüncü! I've never tried a 5-3-2 in PES, the closest thing I ever tried was a 3-5-2 in which the wingers also played defensive roles, but it defnitely sounds like a different and fun approach! Are you thinking of making them on the counter attack or play more possession football? Would be interested to hear how your starting eleven looks like after the transfer window! :TU:

@Red_Star_Belgrade Interesting Cup! So you created the all-star teams yourself? I'd be interested to see who you picked say, for Korea or Colombia! I've never played with more than one team in a cup, sounds like it would be an interesting experience. :)

@Madmac79 A 5-3-2 sounds like a good formation to try, especially if you have a strong CB like Söyüncü! I've never tried a 5-3-2 in PES, the closest thing I ever tried was a 3-5-2 in which the wingers also played defensive roles, but it defnitely sounds like a different and fun approach! Are you thinking of making them on the counter attack or play more possession football? Would be interested to hear how your starting eleven looks like after the transfer window! :TU:

I originally wanted to go 3-5-2 indeed, but I have good fullbacks (especially Dumfries) and practically zero lateral midfielders.. would be easier even market wise to switch in a lower formation. As for the general attitude I think I'll probably go match by match, I'd surely love to take some less goals next season.

Will certainly update at the end of the market mate 🙂

Yes. I have default option files from pes 4 to pes 2014. Using them i created all stars teams.
Colombia and South Korea
colombia and south korea.PNG

@rockstrongo Great away win bro! On to the quarters! Can't wait to hear who you'll be facing! I also love the screenshots of the match, added excitement to the goals and in the rain PES 2013 has a lot of atmosphere! :TU:

@Kopite1990 I would say that 5th place + an Europa League quarterfinal is to my estimation, a very good performance bro, for only your 2nd season I believe! Newcastle willl be tough but I'll be rooting for PES United! :BSCARF:

Cheers Milos! I’m definitely enjoying the ride. Starting off with the default players has certainly made it more challenging. Unfortunately we crashed out of the Europa League to Newcastle but we still have the cup final to come and hopefully a decent finish in the league.

Impressive run in both cups mate, and playing for silver ware in the domestic cup is amazing.
Yes, ive gone through that with a small/not good enough squad, it takes a hell of a toll playing 2-3 games a week in certain parts of the season.
Hopefully the cash will roll in for a 2 good players per postion kinda squad through your euro cash.
Best of luck in both cups mate

Cheers buddy! That’s the plan, I have a big rebuild planned this Summer based on the funds we should get - Like you say, that squad depth is crucial when you have European football. The first few months of the season are intense.

Nice one on the Copa deal Rey progression too mate - Hopefully a decent cup run and a potential first trophy in the cabinet to come!

Back
Top Bottom