The Master League adventures thread

I'm having a blast with PES18.

I think sometimes when we play a game, we concentrate too much on its 'flaws' or what it doesn't do well.

The dribbling in PES18 is a dream, I'm getting plenty of free kicks and I've noticed now my TS is going up so my players ain't running in treacle, I'm seeing less of the AI back heel passes. Probably where I can close them down quicker and make the tackles.

The only thing I am struggling with is headers. I play FUMA and I've missed some sitters. Always seem to loop into the air when attacking a cross in the box. I think I've scored one, which looked so good as the player flicked it into the far corner.

Also what's refreshing in PES18 is the AI will actually take you on. I really enjoyed PES21 but they never seemed to try and beat a man. I've had several moments where I've squared someone up, expected them to pass and they've dipped the shoulder and skinned me. Love it.

@abcdefg1 Definitely, PES 2018 features quite aggressive gamepay. I think it's quite an enjoyable game overall, definitely the fastest out of 2018-2021, I play 15 minutes, PA1, Superstar, -1 speed and the goals for and against keep coming!

Wanted to ask you guys a quick question: For some reason, Xbox game recording studio (included in Windows 10) has been quite buggy for me lately. What recording software do you guys use for PC? Bandicam is not working for me well, since the free version only allows for a maximum of 10 minute recordings. :)

EDIT: Got it to work, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Hey! Back with an update... here's how things are looking at the start of the January window

View attachment 236792

Quite far from the main target, but we're still 9 points away with a LOT of games to play.

Tough start to the season was mainly because we were too much posession and forcing teams to stay back, with us lacking the quality to break through their defense. Switched the 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 and it's giving better results: we're now much more of a counter-attacking team than a posession-based team.

Low points: Ross McCrorie as a holding midfielder, way too slow and tall, not so good passing ability as well; Nahki Wells, tried him as lone striker, as second striker and even in both wings, never made a big difference and wasted quite a lot of chances; Kal Naismith, had a good couple of games but strikers kept on winning the physical duels; Joe Williams, bad partner for Jason Knight, bad passes and worse defending.

High points: youngsters like Stefan Bajic (GK), Joël Doumbia (RB) and even Tommy Conway (ST) have been key despite their lack of experience (Conway finds himself as the top goalscorer of the league with 14 goals); both Andreas Weimann and Jason Knight have been fantastic, they are the engine that makes the team work.

Made some signings as well:

View attachment 236802

We needed more depth in the squad so we signed Ola Shodipo (screenshot) to play in the left wing, left-back Aidy White and Michael O'Halloran to play as striker, replacing Conway when needed. These are not the best players IRL but they seem to have the stats to do the job here!

Here's the ideal formation from now until the end of the season. Hopefully next update is us getting to the playoffs!!

View attachment 236805
Lots of football left to be played buddy.
Cool thing that youre using mainly UK players, i should have a similar rule if playing with a Serie B team (italians only) ML
the championship is atough league to win/get promoted from.
Is it a 24 team league or konamis 20 team league?

I'm having a blast with PES18.

I think sometimes when we play a game, we concentrate too much on its 'flaws' or what it doesn't do well.

The dribbling in PES18 is a dream, I'm getting plenty of free kicks and I've noticed now my TS is going up so my players ain't running in treacle, I'm seeing less of the AI back heel passes. Probably where I can close them down quicker and make the tackles.

The only thing I am struggling with is headers. I play FUMA and I've missed some sitters. Always seem to loop into the air when attacking a cross in the box. I think I've scored one, which looked so good as the player flicked it into the far corner.

Also what's refreshing in PES18 is the AI will actually take you on. I really enjoyed PES21 but they never seemed to try and beat a man. I've had several moments where I've squared someone up, expected them to pass and they've dipped the shoulder and skinned me. Love it.
I always looked back on PES 18s headers as overpowered when playing on basic shooting, played FUMA on 20 and heders were tough there too

I installed the smopepatch 18.4.0 yesterday, and it looks like its the 19-20 roster or possibly 20-21.
Anyway, looks like i only have english commentary on it, so if anyone has a Italian commentary link hit me up, cant play a Serie A campaign without it;)

Was looking at old clips from various Pes ML campaigns and got hooked on this, nothing special, but the atmosphere and the weather.
Always loved how pes 18 looked on a rainy gray day

Anyway, looks like i only have english commentary on it, so if anyone has a Italian commentary link hit me up, cant play a Serie A campaign without it;)
Here you go buddy, PES 2018 Italian commentary :TU:

Link Here

Taken from this video. All languages are available in link shorteners in the description. I went ahead and posted the direct mediafire link. :)

Last edited:
I installed the smopepatch 18.4.0 yesterday, and it looks like its the 19-20 roster or possibly 20-21.

Was looking at old clips from various Pes ML campaigns and got hooked on this, nothing special, but the atmosphere and the weather.
Always loved how pes 18 looked on a rainy gray day
if only the gameplay was better, the shooting is just too repetitive, too accurate and not random enough, as i mentioned as well on the ef 24 thread

Well, after realising I only had a few League games left, the season has ended.

I'll do a more in depth review over the weekend and a round up of the next transfer window.

We ended up 6th in the League. 1 place behind the Libertadores Qualification. Though checking through, River Plate won the Libertadores so not sure if we will sneek in.

Last update we were due to play Atletico Tucuman in the QF of the Copa Argentina. We dispatched them, then beat Colon 3-2 on aggerate in the Semi-Final.

Boca & River had both been dumped out early doors, so to my surprise, Huracan awaited us.

And...

18abd1aaa8194-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_434019618443261_1695389134543.jpg

18abd13b6c544-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_434019611295347_1695389106622.jpg

A 2-1 win AET. We went behind early, leveled through an OG before Mansilla poked the winner home in the first period of ET.

Musso, my 'keeper, was brilliant. Made about 4 or 5 saves that kept us in and got MOTM. He also got voted the player of the tournament and voted the best' keeper in the League.

After the Copa Libertadores shambles, there were murmurings that Javi Franco could be sacked, with the Ultras & Chairman not happy but silverware in season 1 has led to a new contract.

The chairman must also have a drug cartel business going on the side, as this meesage came through...

18abd1ef30b73-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_434019606857801_1695389089288.jpg

We already had a healthy budget due to player sales through the season but he's gone Todd Boelhy on us.

With that transfer budget, there is no excuse to be challenging for the title next season, a very interesting transfer window awaits 🇦🇷🔵⚪

I'll do a more in depth review over the weekend and a round up of the next transfer window.

We ended up 6th in the League. 1 place behind the Libertadores Qualification. Though checking through, River Plate won the Libertadores so not sure if we will sneek in.

Last update we were due to play Atletico Tucuman in the QF of the Copa Argentina. We dispatched them, then beat Colon 3-2 on aggerate in the Semi-Final.

Boca & River had both been dumped out early doors, so to my surprise, Huracan awaited us.

And...

View attachment 236875

View attachment 236877

A 2-1 win AET. We went behind early, leveled through an OG before Mansilla poked the winner home in the first period of ET.

Musso, my 'keeper, was brilliant. Made about 4 or 5 saves that kept us in and got MOTM. He also got voted the player of the tournament and voted the best' keeper in the League.

After the Copa Libertadores shambles, there were murmurings that Javi Franco could be sacked, with the Ultras & Chairman not happy but silverware in season 1 has led to a new contract.

The chairman must also have a drug cartel business going on the side, as this meesage came through...

View attachment 236878

We already had a healthy budget due to player sales through the season but he's gone Todd Boelhy on us.

With that transfer budget, there is no excuse to be challenging for the title next season, a very interesting transfer window awaits 🇦🇷🔵⚪
Good job there. Giving hope for another 2018 retry.

The amount of prize money and money given by club owner is too good, in contrast to 2020-2021 where it's like the team is penaltized forever in financial fairplay .

Typical PES move, they fixed player's market values, according to trasfermarkt and they almost broke the rest.

@rockstrongo @millossobek thanks a lot mates!

I think Eredivisie is definitely my favourite "smaller" league.. it's practically my first choice every time I feel the need to go out of the big ones. I couldn't exactly say why, but I've always been more attracted to it compared with the other european minor ones.

I was wondering bro, is there any reason why you chose PTE patch over smoke patch? Are there any particular advantages of PTE?
The reason is very simple bro.. I had it in my backup hard disk from the old pc and it seemed complete enough at the times, so I simply stuck with it 😅

By the way, looking forward to hear both you guys new stories 🙂

And...

View attachment 236875

View attachment 236877

View attachment 236878

Man, really looks like a great one so far. If they talked about sacking you, I take it you are playing with the challenge on (can't remember)? Gives so much more spice to things! For now I'm sticking to the classic mode in my ML tho as I'm not sure I'd survive past season one currently😅 . Anyway, I thought the same as @slamsoze , the budget is gargantuan compared with what you usually get in Pes 21! Wish they roleplay a little bit with it, maybe giving teams different owner kinds who act differently from each other and so on.

That said.. looks like a really exciting next season at the doors 🙂

Hmm, played 3 games on my PES 2018 ML, and i forgot how insanely bad players are with low TS, my team was at 46 now 55 on a good day, and shit man, horrible...absolutely horrible.
I know things gets better but the idiot who implemented this system/handicap should be put in prison.
but will keep going

And...

View attachment 236875

View attachment 236877

View attachment 236878

Congrats buddy, well deserved

@Abcdef123456 Congratulations on winning Copa Argentina! :TU: Nice final against "El Globito", Huracán's nickname. They are San Lorenzo's Derby!

Looks like Javi Franco, aka baptized by millos as "The Intellectual" got a lifeline taking home the silverware! 🏆

Javi was loving the cup win, proper giving it large.

Started the new season after a hectic transfer window - one very, very big signing - and the chairman says 'I'm thinking it was a risk to renew your contact, prove me wrong'.

Bloke is bi-polar.

Hmm, played 3 games on my PES 2018 ML, and i forgot how insanely bad players are with low TS, my team was at 46 now 55 on a good day, and shit man, horrible...absolutely horrible.
I know things gets better but the idiot who implemented this system/handicap should be put in prison.
but will keep going

It's a struggle early on. Hence I nearly got sacked.

My TS is now at 88. I've just bumped it up to Superstar from Top Player and the difference is noticeable.

I love the challenge though, I watch these YouTubers wining the League on FIFA with some rinky dink team after 4 seasons and don't see how they can enjoy it. Grinding results, scabbing a cup win and building a side that can start to compete is what I love, not instant clean sweeping every competition going.

Javi was loving the cup win, proper giving it large.

Started the new season after a hectic transfer window - one very, very big signing - and the chairman says 'I'm thinking it was a risk to renew your contact, prove me wrong'.

Bloke is bi-polar.

It's a struggle early on. Hence I nearly got sacked.

My TS is now at 88. I've just bumped it up to Superstar from Top Player and the difference is noticeable.

I love the challenge though, I watch these YouTubers wining the League on FIFA with some rinky dink team after 4 seasons and don't see how they can enjoy it. Grinding results, scabbing a cup win and building a side that can start to compete is what I love, not instant clean sweeping every competition going.
Totally agree, the struggle and reward is what it is about,might restart with a little bit of a sharper team, maybe having around 60-65 TS will make it a bit more tolerable, right now is a noghtmare with 56 after 12 games

I gave pes 18 a few more games last night, but right now im having it on a back burner.
On the other hand, played 2 games on my PES 17 Napoli ML (6 games in) absolutely brilliant, tough and physical, having hard fought games with my 71 TS team, a good team but still a tough campaign.
20 min -2 game speed TP PA0
I will absolutely have 13 as my main one, think its the most challenging game (in a good way) when it comes to players being good/bad beacause they are not because tS decides, plus i think the transfer and the amount of money you can scrape together are more realisc than modern pes setup

Ive hit a patch of bad form lately, and im hoping to get out that as soon as possible.
Real Betis matchday 9
Not a good performance by us, a tired team, also out of form.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 19_56_22.png
Thats a game that must be won if we want to be up for a CL spot this season.

Next game is the 3rd game in the Europa League vs Tottenham
Same story as my game vs Betis really, not up to our usuall strenght in both def and offense,Spurs walked away with a well deserved win.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 19_59_27.png

3 days later we had a tough game at home vs Sevilla.
This was a real nailbiter, lots of chances both ways, but late in the first half we scored the 1-0 game winner.
So needed since we have a very tough league game vs Real Madrid next game.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 20_00_51.png

Copa Del Rey Round 2 vs RCD Mallorca at home
This is a team that knocked us out last year in the last 16 round.
Yet again we struggle, we conceded two sloppy goals on counter attacks first half, second half was us chasing goals but we only managed to get one behind their goalie, not a good result going in to the away fixture next week
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 20_03_34.png

Game 4 vs Tottenham in the Europa League
Same story here, down two goals quite quickly, chased them the whole second half made it 2-1, ten min later Spurs scored their 3rd goal, late in the
game we made it 2-3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 20_08_14.png
A really poor stretch of games from us, next up is Real Madrid followed by a must win vs Valladolid and the return fixture against Mallorca in the
cup
We also need to get back on track in europe, two games left, but must be won or were out
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 24-09-2023 20_08_32.png

Here we go: the end of season 1.

Last post was right at the start of January, and we didn't climb to the playoff spots until gameweek 34. Here's the final league table:

1695610267145.png

An heroic 6th place finish after getting 4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games, but we had to face Leeds who still had quite an incredible team for a Championship side. As you can see, they went on to get 90 points and miss automatic promotion by only 4 points. Our only player in the team of the season was Andreas Weimann, with 15 goals and 12 assists; playing him as a second striker was key.

1695610439431.png

It was 0-0 at Ashton Gate, but the lads gave their absolute best at Elland Road: a 1-2 win away with an 86th minute goal by Harry Cornick sent us through to Wembley!

What happened next was probably the most unbalanced playoff final of all time. We faced Birmingham City, who had managed to win 5-2 on aggregate against Huddersfield.

1695610666169.png

I'm playing on Superstar and I had struggled A LOT through the season. At one point I thought I wasn't gonna make it to the playoffs but when we got there, we really showed up (I think this is genuinely my biggest win on PES ever, at least on ML!) Three for Cornick, two for Shodipo and one for Weimann. It was quite an unexpected promotion so the team is quite bad for PL standards, we've got a lot of work to do in the upcoming transfer window but...

WE ARE GOING UP!!!

20230924002132_1.jpg

Last post was right at the start of January, and we didn't climb to the playoff spots until gameweek 34. Here's the final league table:

View attachment 237263

An heroic 6th place finish after getting 4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games, but we had to face Leeds who still had quite an incredible team for a Championship side. As you can see, they went on to get 90 points and miss automatic promotion by only 4 points. Our only player in the team of the season was Andreas Weimann, with 15 goals and 12 assists; playing him as a second striker was key.

View attachment 237266

It was 0-0 at Ashton Gate, but the lads gave their absolute best at Elland Road: a 1-2 win away with an 86th minute goal by Harry Cornick sent us through to Wembley!

What happened next was probably the most unbalanced playoff final of all time. We faced Birmingham City, who had managed to win 5-2 on aggregate against Huddersfield.

View attachment 237272

I'm playing on Superstar and I had struggled A LOT through the season. At one point I thought I wasn't gonna make it to the playoffs but when we got there, we really showed up (I think this is genuinely my biggest win on PES ever, at least on ML!) Three for Cornick, two for Shodipo and one for Weimann. It was quite an unexpected promotion so the team is quite bad for PL standards, we've got a lot of work to do in the upcoming transfer window but...

WE ARE GOING UP!!!

View attachment 237274

As a Villa fan, who absolutely hates Birmingham City, no better team to hammer in the Playoff Final & Andi Weimann scoring as well 👏

View attachment 237263

View attachment 237266

View attachment 237272

WE ARE GOING UP!!!

View attachment 237274
First season and all, that is some achievment buddy
Congrats

Dipping fast in this new season, the 5th total. We compete in LaLiga and Champions Leagye this season.

Having a bad start, bad with the performance to the CL play offs, our mentality went up.

Our first night in Champions League, against Benfica, in our home ground, was a nightmare, as it usually is against Benfica who always makes our life difficult.
CL1.jpg

A 2-3 defeat, with the nail in the coffin coming in 90'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next match in LaLiga was like a complete reboot. Huesca coming in Francisco de la Hera. Great performance, clean win.

LL2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next in LaLiga, Matchday 5

Extremadura - Barcelona

Hosting the invincibles. A great match, solid and compact performance, and a personal affair of Aubameyang, brought a great victory to our history.

AL1.jpg

The match video

-------------------------

With 3 consecutive wins and 2 lost matches in the begining, we climbed to 8th position by now.

So I'm thinking about a special little thing for my PES 17 ML, maybe set my finance to zero, to inflict some sort of a transfer ban, also setting a few key players on longer injuries.
Therefore I need a trainer/cheat engine for pes 17 to edit while I'm playing.
Anyone having a link, feel free to give me a shout lads

Dipping fast in this new season, the 5th total. We compete in LaLiga and Champions Leagye this season.

Having a bad start, bad with the performance to the CL play offs, our mentality went up.

Our first night in Champions League, against Benfica, in our home ground, was a nightmare, as it usually is against Benfica who always makes our life difficult.
View attachment 237318

A 2-3 defeat, with the nail in the coffin coming in 90'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next match in LaLiga was like a complete reboot. Huesca coming in Francisco de la Hera. Great performance, clean win.

View attachment 237320

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next in LaLiga, Matchday 5

Extremadura - Barcelona

Hosting the invincibles. A great match, solid and compact performance, and a personal affair of Aubameyang, brought a great victory to our history.

View attachment 237321

The match video

-------------------------

With 3 consecutive wins and 2 lost matches in the begining, we climbed to 8th position by now.
Some result vs Barca Slam!
Any particular goals this season?

Changing the presentation, one post for the LaLiga significant matches and another for the Champions League group stage.

Matchday 10 and we are traveling to Santiago Bernabeu to face Real Madrid. Two goals in 60' Jesus Navas & 67' Cutrone and a steady pace secured our big victory.

Real Madrid - Extremadura

real.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 12

Another away match, against Valencia, we escaped Mestalla scrapping a goal.

val.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 14 in Real Betis, and we managed to secure the +3 points in 93' stoppage time.

betis.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday.16

Atletico Madrid - Extremadura

Another dangerous trip. The match became totally rodeo!!!
atm.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last match for the LaLiga part, Matchday.18, one match before the end of the 1st round. We are playing in Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, against Sevilla. The team football playing wise, is at its best spot in this 3 seasons adventure.

sevilla.jpg

The LaLiga table, after 18 games is:

laliga1.jpg

We are going far better than i expected in the pre-season period. -3 from 1st Barcelona and having Real and Atletico breathing behind my neck.

So I'm thinking about a special little thing for my PES 17 ML, maybe set my finance to zero, to inflict some sort of a transfer ban, also setting a few key players on longer injuries.
Therefore I need a trainer/cheat engine for pes 17 to edit while I'm playing.
Anyone having a link, feel free to give me a shout lads
Bro! I found this tool while searching on google! https://sharemods.com/hs775znjp1z5/PES_ML_Money_Tool_2017_V3.rar.html

It is an ML money tool, not quite sure how it works, but maybe it can help you change your finances!

Also, in terms of injuries, maybe you can try changing their injury tolerance with the internal editor? Then again, it wouldn't apply to your ML already started, so maybe you do need a tool to do this.....

I'm also really thinking of starting a PES 2017 ML, and I have an additional question: Does anyone know how to change "retirement age" for a certain player? I want to add some veterans but I wouldn't want them to retire soon!

We are going far better than i expected in the pre-season period. -3 from 1st Barcelona and having Real and Atletico breathing behind my neck.
You are doing great bro!! Breaking the Top-3 dominance and finally, after many seasons, you seem to have the talent in your squad to challenge the big-3! Huge wins at Atlético and at Real, "Los Gokus" are announcing their presence to the world! :TU:

Bro! I found this tool while searching on google! https://sharemods.com/hs775znjp1z5/PES_ML_Money_Tool_2017_V3.rar.html

It is an ML money tool, not quite sure how it works, but maybe it can help you change your finances!

Also, in terms of injuries, maybe you can try changing their injury tolerance with the internal editor? Then again, it wouldn't apply to your ML already started, so maybe you do need a tool to do this.....

I'm also really thinking of starting a PES 2017 ML, and I have an additional question: Does anyone know how to change "retirement age" for a certain player? I want to add some veterans but I wouldn't want them to retire soon!
thanks bro, i saw some tool, been trying to find it, but you could set injuries, if one of your key players gets an 11 week injury, you can make it less.
Ive been playing a lot of 17, its a tough game,having lots of 1-1 2-1 games right now, i know its goig to be easier later on when my 74 TS gets higher.
Also, game speed at -2 is very tough, but oh so fun, wish there was a -1,5
Retirement age, hmm thats a tricky one, ihad Buffon til he was 43.44 before retiring, one easy fix is lower their age but still have them as veterans in your own head

Back
Top Bottom