The Master League adventures thread

i remember the time i was really immersed in a brillant football game, that is PES 5, when i used to play master league and each match was different, with no scripting or repetitive goals by the cpu, it was such a treat playing that game back then, shame about the fox engine design for the cpu, it just became way too repetitive and rigid to even enjoy a full master league

So, my second season at Union La Calera ended.

Slightly better in terms of results, but still in the lower tiers (will just post the "main" Campeonato rankings, as the apertura and clausura were more or less balanced):

Screenshot 2023-11-05 23-54-04.png

Had a realistic summer market in young CB Sierralta, WG Tialson Pinto, RMF Rojas and forward Bruno Batata. I think I got slightly better in manual passing and all the new transfers did their share, so it certainly felt an improvement compared with the last position of the season before (not that it took much :LOL: ), however the game still felt tough as nails, our star J. Vargas got injured for two months after we had a good start in the Clausura so.. we ended pretty bad, even cause honestly the last 4-5 games felt really cursed "scripting" like, but I don't want to find excuses lol.

That said, what future awaits coach Almeyda?

Well, I grew fond of the team and the players at Union, and in other circumstances I would have surely gone ahead for a third season.. but that's a declared journeyman ML, and I said I would have resigned if I couldn't hit at least middle table, plus a very spicy offer arrived on my table, so all this considered, Mr. Almeyda painfully decided to part with Union La Calera and accept a contract with none others than.. Palmeiras!

Screenshot 2023-11-05 23-55-01.png

I've always had a sympathy for them, maybe the green shirt that reminds me of my fictional team lol. By the way, they ended in low tables just like I did:

Screenshot 2023-11-05 23-54-38.png
so, it felt realistic enough to accept. Also looking forward to the Paulista derby.

As for the self object, I'll give a broad "qualify to Libertadores in 2-3 seasons", of course things could vary in the meantime (and that's the beauty of an "unstable" ML, I guess!)

@Madmac79 Loving it bro!! PALMEIRAS!! :GSCARF: Now we will be playing the same tournament,, me with Estrela Azul and you with the Green Sleeping Giant, but in different years and different realities! I have a feeling you're gonna love the Brasileirao, and their unique Cup/League system! :)

They are a huge team, one of the biggest in all of South America, and now the pressure is on Matías to bring them out of their midtable results and return them to glory! Palmeiras is a high-pressure, high-reward kind of experience! He follows a recent trend of Argentinean coaches in Brazil (Ramón Díaz, Hernán Crespo, among others). It will be really interesting to see how he does in the tough environment of Brasileirao and Sao Paulo, with so many derbies (including against my real life Brazilian favorites, Corinthians)! :TU:

Can't wait to hear more about this story. :) Let me know if you have any questions regarding Libertadores!!

@Madmac79 Loving it bro!! PALMEIRAS!! :GSCARF: Now we will be playing the same tournament,, me with Estrela Azul and you with the Green Sleeping Giant, but in different years and different realities! I have a feeling you're gonna love the Brasileirao, and their unique Cup/League system! :)

They are a huge team, one of the biggest in all of South America, and now the pressure is on Matías to bring them out of their midtable results and return them to glory! Palmeiras is a high-pressure, high-reward kind of experience! He follows a recent trend of Argentinean coaches in Brazil (Ramón Díaz, Hernán Crespo, among others). It will be really interesting to see how he does in the tough environment of Brasileirao and Sao Paulo, with so many derbies (including against my real life Brazilian favorites, Corinthians)! :TU:

Can't wait to hear more about this story. :) Let me know if you have any questions regarding Libertadores!!

Thanks mate. I can only remember there is the Cup at the beginning (and I usually get thrown out first turn in almost every attempt at a Brazilian ML I've ever had in the past :LOL: ), but for the rest I've still not played it enough, so it will be fun to finally properly explore it.

Forgot that Diaz and Crespo coached in Brazil.. another nice real life link. Couldn't remember you liked Corinthians, maybe a switch of sides could be in order in the future, although it would be a bit out of character for Almeyda :DD

And yeah, you'll definitely hear from me in the next days :P

A bit quiet in here lately guys! How have your campaigns been going? Greetings to all and looking forward to hearing about your campaigns! :TU:

Hope all is well Milloss! I should have an end of season update from my sixth, and final, season with PES United shortly.

It looks to be another successful season as we approach the final few games :RSCARF:

@Madmac79 Yeah bro! I find that really interesting about the Brazilian Football system actually, the entire Copa do Brasil is played before the league starts! (I'm not sure if there's any other country that does this!). In anycase, I really like this system because it allows you to concentrate on one competition at a time! The Copa do Brasil s a huge deal in the country, I would say much more important to the locals than other South American Copas are respective to their own leagues! :)

I really like Corinthians! :) They have a really rich history (Sócrates played mostly for them!), and for some reason they seem very charismatic to me. They also won the Club World Cup against Chelsea in 2012 (The last European country to win it!), and I started following them more closely! They have struggled a bit lately, but that's all part of the drama! Their fanbase is insanely huge, part of the "Sao Paulo Big 4" (Palmeiras, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, and Santos!) :TU:

@Kopite1990 Can't wait to hear about your final season with PES United bro! It gives it an epic feel to it when you know it's your last season with a team! You have definitely created one of the most successful PES United teams in history, if not the most! A dynasty indeed!:BSCARF:

1699610395031.png

Guys, on an unrelated note, I have a question regarding my PES 2009 Werder Bremen save. As you can see in the link, I won Bundesliga in my second season, and I was expecting to participate in the Champions League the following season, (called the European Championship in PES 2009, as the Europa League is called the European Masters Cup I believe)

1699610566354.png1699610600672.png
1699610785515.png1699610815863.png

But strangely, when the European Championship groups are showcased, Werder is nowhere to be found, and the teams from my League (custom made Central Europe Federation) who appear are the "Europa League" teams (Lyon, Marseille, Dortmund, and PSV).

1699610239735.png1699610252825.png
1699610269816.png1699610283920.png

The game itself says that the "European Championship" is a 4-group Champions League, and the "Masters Cup" is the equivalent of the Europa League, but strangely, this seems to be inverted! The "Masters Cup" groups haven't been released yet, amd the teams included in the "European Championship" are the "Europa League" ones.. Does anybody know if this is some of of bug or error in the game? Thanks in advance if you know anything about this issue, bros. :)

Last edited:
@millossobek wow man, looks super weird indeed. Only thing I could think of is that there was no Bundes in the original Pes 09, so whatever patch you used may have somehow messed up the qualifying phase by overwriting things. But other than that.. no idea :THINK:

View attachment 246045

Guys, on an unrelated note, I have a question regarding my PES 2009 Werder Bremen save. As you can see in the link, I won Bundesliga in my second season, and I was expecting to participate in the Champions League the following season, (called the European Championship in PES 2009, as the Europa League is called the European Masters Cup I believe)

View attachment 246046View attachment 246048
View attachment 246049View attachment 246050

But strangely, when the European Championship groups are showcased, Werder is nowhere to be found, and the teams from my League (custom made Central Europe Federation) who appear are the "Europa League" teams (Lyon, Marseille, Dortmund, and PSV).

View attachment 246040View attachment 246041
View attachment 246042View attachment 246043

The game itself says that the "European Championship" is a 4-group Champions League, and the "Masters Cup" is the equivalent of the Europa League, but strangely, this seems to be inverted! The "Masters Cup" groups haven't been released yet, amd the teams included in the "European Championship" are the "Europa League" ones.. Does anybody know if this is some of of bug or error in the game? Thanks in advance if you know anything about this issue, bros. :)
Did you scrolled down to bottom of the explanation of the competitions? Maybe it explains the regulations.

PES 2009 on ML is my least played ML of every PES , so no memories.

But i have some crazy theory crafting, for example, where is Bayern? The rest clubs in CL are Champions of their Leagues?

Assuming from your League, those are all the 3rd to 6th clubs of each of 4 Leagues.

Last edited:
1699770236101.png1699770283448.png
1699769601946.png1699770329456.png

@slamsoze @Madmac79 I actually just read the whole description bros, and I think I finally understand the system! :TU: In PES 2009, it seems like the Champions League works differently! The top 2 teams from each league (in my case, Werder and Bayern), enter in the FIRST ROUND of the competition, AFTER the QUALIFYING ROUND!

Qualifying Round: 3rd to 6th place teams play in 4 groups of 4 teams each. The top 2 in each group advance.
1st Round: The top 2 of each group are put in groups with the top 2 of each League (Werder and Bayern are here), once again in 4 groups of 4 teams! Once again, the top 2 in each group advance!
2nd Round: Knockout Stage of 8 teams in Home and Away and a Single Final!

You were totally right Slam, I had to read the whole thing! :LOL:

Bros, this is a HUGE relief.. Seems like my dear Werder will be playing the Champions League after all!! :GSCARF:🏆

Last edited:
PES United - Season 6 Update

The sixth and final update of my PES2021 Master League with PES United. It has been such an enjoyable Master League save and thanks to everyone on this thread for following or commenting on my story. Hopefully my final update does it all justice.

We had a pretty quiet Summer, adding a little bit of quality to what was already a really competitive squad. Our only two signings were striker Ugalde Arce from Levante and Fabio Carvalho who arrived from Leicester City.

PES Konami Super Cup

The curtain raiser of the season saw us face Dynamo Kiev in the domestic Super Cup.

It was the one trophy that had evaded us but I was determined for that to change as we faced our big domestic rivals.

We scored an early opening goal before Ugalde Arce came off the bench to add a second goal on his debut. Job done and a great way to start the season.

Konami PEU League - 2025/26

We started the season bidding for a third consecutive league title. The last two campaigns had seen us go toe to toe with Dynamo Kiev in title races that stretched to the last few games of the season. I was very much expecting the same thing this time around and prepared myself for another slog of a season where nothing but our best would be enough, how wrong could I be? The answer was very!

The quality in the league has unfortunately dropped off considerably since I first started the save. High rated players from other teams in the league have either moved on or retired, with the COM teams just not replacing the original quality in the squads.

As a result, we won the league rather comfortably with 8 games to spare and managed to go the whole season unbeaten. Towards the end of the season we were basically playing our B Team, saving our energy for the Champions League.

Our new signing, Ugalde Arce, was the star of the show. The Costa Rican scored 34 goals as we took the league by storm.

IMG_1871.jpeg

As you can see, Dynamo Kiev had an awful season along with some of the other sides who have typically challenged for the title.

PEU Konami Cup

We navigated most rounds of the domestic cup fairly easily, using our second string for the most part and coming through our two legged ties with quite a high aggregate victory.

The final saw us come up against Shakhtar Donetsk, who are probably the second best team in the league on paper despite their league form.

The final itself was a really poor game from us. We struggled to create any credible chances and anything that we did in or around the box just didn’t seem to work. Shakhtar had a couple of really good chances and but for the form of Ivan in goal for us, they could have easily been two nil up. Then, in the 82nd minute, they won a free kick just outside our box. I usually find that commanding your wall to jump is enough to block 99% of free kicks on PES21, but not this time.

Maycon’s right footed effort curled straight in to the top corner and Ivan had no chance. Ultimately, it was too little too late and probably about what we deserved based on our performance. We lost 1-0 and Shakhtar won their first domestic cup title.

IMG_1872.jpeg

The cynical part of me thinks there was some classic PES scripting at play in the final. We had it so good all season that it just felt a bit odd how we suddenly struggled to string any passes together? I do wonder if this was the PES Gods way of creating a level playing field and not letting us have it all our way for one match 😂 …but that being said, Shakhtar were the better team.

UEFA Champions League

The Champions League was probably my main priority before the start of the season. We had won the Europa League in my fourth season, but this was the big one that every club dreams of winning.

We were given a relatively straightforward group and faced Besiktas, CSKA Moscow and Hibernian. I fielded the second string for the most part, as we concentrated on our league form in the early parts of the season. We finished top, comfortably qualifying with a game to spare.

By the time the knockout stages had arrived, the league title was pretty much a formality. As a result, we fielded a weakened team in the league and saved our best 11 for the Champions League.

We faced Inter Milan in the R16, securing a 5-2 win at home in the first leg and a 4-0 win in the return leg. A 9-2 aggregate win put us firmly in the quarter final.

The quarter final draw could not have been more difficult as we were paired against Barcelona. They edged a very even first half in the home leg and managed to score just before half time. Thankfully, Afena Gyan equalised in the second half and we went to the Nou Camp with the game firmly in the balance. The second leg was one of the most nerve wrecking PES matches that I have played in recent years. It felt like one wrong move or position and they were in. We kept it tight and then mid-way through the second half managed to take the lead thanks to a brilliant finish from Ugalde Arce. We held on and we were in to our second consecutive Champions League Semi-Final.

We faced an old foe in Atletico Madrid, we faced them in the Group Stage last season and also beat them in the UEFA Super Cup Final. This was a bit more straightforward, we secured a comfortable 5-1 aggregate victory to book our place in the CL Final.

Our opponents were Tottenham, who had disposed of PSG in the semi-final and had quite an impressive squad. The match was tense but once it settled down and we began to play our usual game, there was no looking back. Afena Gyan opened the scoring in the 23rd minute before Aouchiche added a second just before half time. The second half was a containment job before Afena Gyan hit a late third to give us the biggest prize in European football :RSCARF:

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1869.jpeg

It was a fitting way to end my PES United save and the highlight of my six seasons of building this team.

Summary

Over six seasons we built a default squad into Champions League winners, dominating the domestic trophies in the process. Our final trophy haul included 9 major honours:

IMG_1867.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg

As we finished the final season, three players from our original default lineup remained with the team:

Agata (198 apps / 53 goals) - A crucial player in our first few seasons who still managed to chip in with some goals towards the end. A PES United legend and a huge part of our success.

Hitzfeld (191 apps / 2 goals) - Pretty much a regular up until the last season when he lost his place to Ramos at the heart of our defence.

Van Den Berg (103 apps / 1 goal) - A crucial squad player along the way who stepped up in big games when we needed to rotate the squad.

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1868.jpeg

Our default and current squad above shows just how far we have come in that time.

In terms of the current crop of players, some stats include:

Record appearances - Coulibaly (214 apps / 3 goals) - Our captain and first ever signing at the start of season 2. Probably our most important player and leader of the team.

Record goalscorer - Augustin (189 apps / 89 goals) - Our first ever major signing and a real key to our success, his arrival changed us from a team who could challenge for trophies to one that could win them.

Next Steps

I think the ease at which we won the league has convinced me that this will be my last season with PES United. Coupled with winning the Champions League we have achieved more than I probably expected to.

As PES21 looks to be my main Football fix again (FIFA has issues and there is no sign of ML in eFootball) I will look to start a new ML save in the next few days.

My idea is that I will do similar saves in Asia and South America, aiming to win the Asian Champions League and Copa Libertadores to complete the 3 major honours.

I have already decided on my next team and I am opting to do the Asian save next. I’ll post a new update and start again once I have everything ready.

Hopefully you enjoyed following the last update as much as I enjoyed writing it 👍🏻

@Kopite1990 Congratulations on a trophy-filled 6 seasons bro! The only thing that seems a bit strange is how the quality of your league rivals decreased so much in the sixth season! My longest PES save was 4-5 seasons, with Reggina in PES 2017, and I never noticed a drop-off in the quality of the opponents.. Are you playing the PC or the console version? Reason why I ask is because of the ML no regens mod on PC, which I personally use, and I think it is tested for 10 seasons..

In anycase, what an amazing run by PES United! A legendary run indeed, made especially sweet since you started at the very bottom with the default players. Looking forward to reading your next update! :TU:

@Kopite1990 Congratulations on a trophy-filled 6 seasons bro! The only thing that seems a bit strange is how the quality of your league rivals decreased so much in the sixth season! My longest PES save was 4-5 seasons, with Reggina in PES 2017, and I never noticed a drop-off in the quality of the opponents.. Are you playing the PC or the console version? Reason why I ask is because of the ML no regens mod on PC, which I personally use, and I think it is tested for 10 seasons..

In anycase, what an amazing run by PES United! A legendary run indeed, made especially sweet since you started at the very bottom with the default players. Looking forward to reading your next update! :TU:

Cheers Milloss! It was one of the most enjoyable ML saves I have done in recent years. Starting with a ‘default’ squad definitely added to the challenge and the story.

In terms of the league quality, I think it was down to two factors. Obviously we got better as a team and probably outgrew the league. Also, when I started the save I added a lot of the highest rated free agents to the other teams in the league, just to make it more competitive. I just don’t think the COM was savvy enough in the transfer window to replace these players or add to their squads. As time went by their squads just got worse. You are right though, I’ve never seen it fall off so badly as it did in my final season. That is probably the easiest League title win I have ever had in ML. I play on PS4 👍🏻

Also, I forgot to do a shoutout for Salazar due to your Millonarios connection - He ended up being a fantastic player for us. He did not feature much in the final season but he notched up 177 apps and scored 23 goals across his five years with PES United 🙌🏻

Last edited:
Cheers Milloss! It was one of the most enjoyable ML saves I have done in recent years. Starting with a ‘default’ squad definitely added to the challenge and the story.

In terms of the league quality, I think it was down to two factors. Obviously we got better as a team and probably outgrew the league. Also, when I started the save I added a lot of the highest rated free agents to the other teams in the league, just to make it more competitive. I just don’t think the COM was savvy enough in the transfer window to replace these players or add to their squads. As time went by their squads just got worse. You are right though, I’ve never seen it fall off so badly as it did in my final season. That is probably the easiest League title win I have ever had in ML. I play on PS4 👍🏻

Also, I forgot to do a shoutout for Salazar due to your Millonarios connection - He ended up being a fantastic player for us. He did not feature much in the final season but he notched up 177 apps and scored 23 goals across his five years with PES United 🙌🏻
Ohh ok, maybe it had something to do with the highest rated free agents you picked up! :) In anycase, it was a great run, I think it's awesome to see how your humble default ML players squad finally became a world beater, giving Bayern, Real Madrid, and the huge European giants a run for their money!

I'm so glad to hear about Salazar, he was a good player for Millos and even though he never won a league title with us, I have fond memories of him! One of the last pure attacking midfielders we had! :BSCARF: That's cool you enjoyed playing with him!

Last edited:
My new Master League adventure is now underway and it will hopefully be as successful as my PES United save 🤞🏼

As mentioned on my last update, the plan for the next couple of saves will be to do similar long term campaigns in Asia and South America. The aim will be to win both the Asian Champions League and Copa Libertadores in order to complete the 3 major honours following my Champions League triumph with PES United. Obviously we will be striding for as much domestic success as possible along the way too!

I have decided to tackle the Asian save first and we have landed in Japan as our next destination. I have always wanted to do a J.League save but never got around to finding a decent option file. I managed to find a pretty up to date one earlier this week and after a few tweaks to the squads we are ready to go 👍🏻

PES2021 - Master League (Shonan Bellmare - J.League)

There were quite a few teams who appealed to me in terms of managing them, but I landed on Shonan Bellmare. My main criteria for picking a team usually hinges on them having some sort of success in their history, divisional rivals and a recent downturn in fortunes. Shonan ticked all of those boxes…

Founded in 1968, they have been crowned champions of Japan 3 times in their history. They have also won the Emperor’s Cup on 3 occasions and won the Asian Cup Winners Cup in 1995. So they do have some continental success to their name.

However, the Asian Cup Winners Cup was to be their last major triumph. Apart from a Japanese League Cup win in 2018, the club have bounced between the first and second division with very little to shout about. They have also never won the Asian Champions League, although they have appeared in the competition previously.

In terms of league rivals, the main rivals for Shonan are the two Yokohama based clubs which is mainly based on geographical proximity - Yokohama F. Marinos and Yokohama FC.

There is also a Liverpool connection in picking Shonan. Our recent signing, Wataru Endo, actually began his career playing for Shonan Bellmare and made over 160 appearances for the club.

Settings and House Rules

Similar to the PES United save, I want to make this save last as long as possible in order to get maximum enjoyment from it. As a result, I have established some house rules that I will be following including:

Foreign Players - The J.League restricts foreign players to 5 per match day squad, however this does not include players from specific nations such as Brazil, Australia, South Korea etc. However, to make this more easy to implement I am restricting us to 5 foreign players (non-Japanese) in total. So we will be looking to build our squad using predominantly Japanese/homegrown players.

Signings - Only players recommended to us by the scouting system can be signed. We will also be limiting the amount of free signings we can sign each season to 1.

Settings:

Difficulty - Superstar
Match Length - 8 mins
Negotiation Difficulty - Very Hard
Start Budget - Very Low

I have also updated the Asian Champions League squads with the 23/24 Summer signings. So the likes of Al Hilal and Al Nassr now have Neymar, Mane and the other key players in their team which will hopefully make winning the Asian Champions League even more of a challenge.

Squad

IMG_1880.jpeg

I edited the squad in the in-game editor prior to starting the save in order to remove any players rated 70 or over. I have basically started with a custom default squad made up of Japanese players and two Brazilians:

IMG_1879.jpeg

One of the Brazilian players is Castolo, I have modified the version I used for my PES United save to make him slightly younger (29) so that I hopefully get a few more seasons out of him this time around.

My goal this season will be to finish as high in the league as possible and get to know the players who may be worth keeping. We already have some younger players who look like they are going to develop nicely and be part of the squad for the long term. Hara and Wakatsuki look promising up front, whilst Hashioka looks a great prospect at RB.

We’ve enjoyed a really positive start and I am looking forward to getting going with this one!

IMG_1881.jpeg

Last edited:
Ended the first round of games with Palmeiras, in my Pes 17 journyeman career.

First things first, I did some movements on the market; the bare minimum for Almeyda's diamond 4-4-2, since Palmeiras had a gargantuan 60mln something budget for salaries, but a scanty 10 millions or so for the actual signings. So, after selling some players who weren't part of the project, like LB Vina or DMF Sosa, I brought in expert keeper Batalla and your typical classy, but lazy second striker Ruiz, both argentinians, plus brazilian CF Anderson from Famalicao, a quite average forward but good for my game, since I needed a goal poacher to push defenses a bit up. Luckily the many OMFs the team had were very adaptable, on the sides or in the SS position, and the rest of the roster is well rounded enough.

The Cup was unfortunately an immediate failure; drawn against Botafogo, after a 0-0 in our home stadium, we succumbed for 3 goals away. It seems my tradition of being thrown out in the first game of this competition will have to wait at least another season to be dispelled.

Then, after a kind of a high and low start, we began to play decent football and having better results, in line with my team, I'd say; Anderson revelead as a decent bomber, Ruiz is a bit inconsistent but gifts flashes of classes, and aside from the new acquisitions, Palmeiras had a lot of quality by default, especially in OMF Gustavo Scarpa (probably the true leader of the team), in the powerful CLD Dudu and many others.. the difference with the team I had at Union is certainly very palpable.

The true turning point, however, came after the first market stop, which comes I think quite early in the Brasilerao; got rid of GK Batalla, who never really settled, launched "youngster" Jailson (which is a regen, but I had no idea at the times lol, I thought he was a generic youngster but now he fits too well the role of the homemade boy who conquers the spot at the price of the more renowned name so I'll roleplay him like that) in his place and bought veteran Richard as a second. Lost Angulo, Pagaio and Alan Souza as they saw little field and did not want to renew the contract (no idea if there is a workaround, but it seems in 17 once they decide to not renew it's impossible to let them change their mind), so I just accepted whatever offer arrived for them, and put on sale Felipe Melo.. the relationship with coach Almeyda never clicked, truth be told he felt like an ex player on the field (well after all he's 37 in this patch..).

Anyway, I completed the team and spent most of my remaning funds with colombian RWF Campaz, young ecuadorian giant FW S.Plaza and most of all, the man to substitute Melo.. brazilian legend CMF Paulinho, returning from China to Brazil, who immediately took hold of the low midfield and brought in dynamism and charisma. With these new reinforcements, I had a really nice streak just before the end of the first round, which was interrupted in one of the many derbies of the city by a perfect Sao Paulo, who beaten me up for 3-0.. nonetheless, that's the tables as of now:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 00-55-06.png
and considering the first 3 looks, and feels still too far, it's great and unexpected I'm fighting for a spot in Libertadores.

Hope what I have in hands will be enough to secure the fourth, decisive place. Will update again at the end of the season. This save and this team are really growing a lot in me:GSCARF:!

@Madmac79 Lovin it, bro!! :GSCARF:

I think it's so cool that Palmeiras has not one, but THREE recognized derbies! (Corinthians, Sao Paulo, and Santos), and I would actually add a fourth one! (Recently, Palmeiras and Flamengo have had quite the rivalry)! I actually love the Brasileirao format, have ALL cup games being played before the league starts, that way you can fully focus on both, one at a time!

1701106972930.pngCopa_Libertadores_logo.svg.png

Even though you weren't able to go on a Copa do Brasil run, 6th place is actually good in the Brasileirao, as I think it gives you a spot to Libertadores qualfying round phase! I think you should DEFINITELY try to aim for 5th, as I think 5th is a direct spot to group stage, if PES 2017 follows the current format, which I think it should! (as you can see above :) )

In terms of Matias' 4-4-2 diamond I have a question bro: Is this strategy one that he uses throughout all of his teams? Or did he adapt it to Palmeiras' needs? I also think you have some great signings. Especially love Paulinho's signing! In real life, he is a Corinthians product (He won the Club World Cup with them!), so having him land at Palmeiras is a double-whammy for your rivals! :LOL: I can imagine the chants when you guys visit Corinthians, hahahahah.. But playing against adversity is one of Matias' strengths, so this could be a cool "side story" to your campaign! Let's go bro!! Let's get that fifth place and Libertadores group stage!! Vai Palmeiras!! :GSCARF:

Last edited:
@Kopite1990 Good start to the season bro!! I recognize some names in Shonan Bellmare from my Gunma United save, especially Taichi Hara! He played an important role for me as a backup striker before he really started to improve and was then snatched up by a European team. He even scored a hat trick against Sanfrecce! :RSCARF: Keep an eye on him, he's a good striker!

1701109419551.png

BUT.. the indomitable, undoubted protagonist of Shonan Bellmare tbis season has to be: Our dear CASTOLO!!!! The inevitable, the greatest of all time, the original Brazilian legend!! :LOL: Can't wait to hear how he does, and I think it's so cool that we are playing him at the same time! (Although my version in Estrela Azul is about five years younger, hehe).. I also really liked the in-house rules that you created, only limiting yourself to 1 Free signing per offseason that will definitely add a cool twist to it! (Seems quite strict, this will add to the challenge!) It'll be really cool to follow your Japanese story, man, and see some parallels with the one I played, starting out as one of the weaker teams in the J-League! :TU: Go Shonan! :BSCARF:

@Madmac79 Lovin it, bro!! :GSCARF:

I think it's so cool that Palmeiras has not one, but THREE recognized derbies! (Corinthians, Sao Paulo, and Santos), and I would actually add a fourth one! (Recently, Palmeiras and Flamengo have had quite the rivalry)! I actually love the Brasileirao format, have ALL cup games being played before the league starts, that way you can fully focus on both, one at a time!

View attachment 248956View attachment 248966

Even though you weren't able to go on a Copa do Brasil run, 6th place is actually good in the Brasileirao, as I think it gives you a spot to Libertadores qualfying round phase! I think you should DEFINITELY try to aim for 5th, as I think 5th is a direct spot to group stage, if PES 2017 follows the current format, which I think it should! (as you can see above :) )

In terms of Matias' 4-4-2 diamond I have a question bro: Is this strategy one that he uses throughout all of his teams? Or did he adapt it to Palmeiras' needs? I also think you have some great signings. Especially love Paulinho's signing! In real life, he is a Corinthians product (He won the Club World Cup with them!), so having him land at Palmeiras is a double-whammy for your rivals! :LOL: I can imagine the chants when you guys visit Corinthians, hahahahah.. But playing against adversity is one of Matias' strengths, so this could be a cool "side story" to your campaign! Let's go bro!! Let's get that fifth place and Libertadores group stage!! Vai Palmeiras!! :GSCARF:
Totally agree on the derbies! I had no idea there were so many ones in Sao Paulo before this ML. It's total a plus to me, as I love to play as many rival games as possible!

Fantastic news on the Libertadores 😍, and I hope in game it's as reality faithful as you said as going in the first four will ultimately be problematic. Unfortunately the game isn't clear in this, in the league "explanations" there is never a mention of which teams qualifies where.. 21 is way more exhaustive in this iirc. Well, hope we'll find out in the end of the season :PP

About 4-4-2 diamond, it's Matias's most used formation in real life, at least according to transfmarkt (haven't seen enough of him as a coach, unfortunately), so since I'm roleplaying as him, I decided to strictly play this way (besides, that's a module I appreciate myself, so it wasn't a sacrifice at all). I had to heavily adapt Palmeiras as, as I said above, they were full of OMFs (before me they were playing a kind of 4-2-3-1 with three pure OMFs indeed) with not many lateral midfielders or pure forwards. But the transition is going quite smoothly I'd say.

Since I've always known him for Tottenham, Barça, China and his National games, I learned about Paulinho being an ex Corinthians player only way after I bought him.. at this point, he'll have to play the sad role of the betrayer :P

I rebuilt Sheffield Wednesday in Championship after being sacked by Blackburn. For two seasons i have missed playoffs by a matter of a few points. Third season in going into Jan Transfer window and i have been offered a position to manager Bournemouth who were 3rd in the league. I left SW with a heavy heart and now at Bournemouth currently second and on for auto promotion but still a few games left. I feel like a traitor and a cheat

I rebuilt Sheffield Wednesday in Championship after being sacked by Blackburn. For two seasons i have missed playoffs by a matter of a few points. Third season in going into Jan Transfer window and i have been offered a position to manager Bournemouth who were 3rd in the league. I left SW with a heavy heart and now at Bournemouth currently second and on for auto promotion but still a few games left. I feel like a traitor and a cheat
finished 2nd in the end 7 point behind everton. Promoted to premier league but then Everton came in for me so signed as manager for them with a much bigger transfer pot. Just signed Nunez from Liverpool for 70 million and ready to go again :)

I've wanted to play with Sheffield Wednesday for a long time, I like their colors and I think their logo is one of the coolest ones. 🦉 Will probably start a PES Master League or FIFA Career with them eventually! :)

Hey there, fellow Master League fanatics! Happy holidays! :TU:

I wanted to ask you guys: Do any of you like to follow any self-created Master League rules? For example, regarding transfers, nationality, salaries, etc. to add realism and/or a challlenge to your campaigns?

I am currently following two rules in my played ML's:

1. Never sign a player above the rating of your best player on the team. So say for example, your best player has an overall of 73, make sure that no transfers exceed that amount. Now, let's say a player naturally develops higher than that (e.g. 74), so the threshold moves accordingly. But always following that "maximum rating" rule. I am actually thinking of extending this to "second best player", for an extra challenge.

2. Follow country rules. For instance, in my current Peruvian League PES 2017 campaign, I only allow myself a maximum of 5 foreign players per team, no exceptions.

Are there any self-imposed rules that you guys like to implement? Would love to get the ball rolling on this topic and hear some ideas. :)

Last edited:
I don't really set anything as such but I do try and make it realistic.

1. If a 'bigger' club bids for one of my players, I have to entertain it.

2. If I'm in a certain country, I will sway more towards buying players of that Nationality. Especially in South America.

3. Form - if a player is playing well, he stays in the side. Even if he's keeping out a higher overall rated player. I watch so many videos of people doing career modes and they are obsessed with the overall rating - for me, it's about them invidual stats in certain positions.

I'm currently on a mamouth updating session on PES21. I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb and have about 8 pages of players that I need to edit/add to the game. I reckon it'll take me about 2-3 weeks then I'll be back with a new ML save to play.

2. If I'm in a certain country, I will sway more towards buying players of that Nationality. Especially in South America.
Yeah spot on regarding South America. If you take a look at our leagues, we do have foreigners but, in 90+% percent of the cases, these are players from other South American countries. Occassionally we will get Central American players (actually, one of Millos' players, CB Vargas, is from Costa Rica :BSCARF: ), and very very rarely from Europe, Asia, Africa, or other continents (these cases do exist but they are few and far between).

The basic common makeup of a first division contender in CONMEBOL usually looks like this: 3-5 international players, and everyone else is from the home country. So that's a good rule to have in place when running South American campaigns. :)

Hey there, fellow Master League fanatics! Happy holidays! :TU:

I wanted to ask you guys: Do any of you like to follow any self-created Master League rules? For example, regarding transfers, nationality, salaries, etc. to add realism and/or a challlenge to your campaigns?

I am currently following two rules in my played ML's:

1. Never sign a player above the rating of your best player on the team. So say for example, your best player has an overall of 73, make sure that no transfers exceed that amount. Now, let's say a player naturally develops higher than that (e.g. 74), so the threshold moves accordingly. But always following that "maximum rating" rule. I am actually thinking of extending this to "second best player", for an extra challenge.

2. Follow country rules. For instance, in my current Peruvian League PES 2017 campaign, I only allow myself a maximum of 5 foreign players per team, no exceptions.

Are there any self-imposed rules that you guys like to implement? Would love to get the ball rolling on this topic and hear some ideas. :)

Hey Milloss - Hope all is good with you!

I would say the same as @abcdefg1 really. I try and play the game as realistically as possible whilst also appreciating the constraints of the game (For example, FIFA and PES cannot implement the rules or regulations of a league in the way that Football Manager can). However, I do tend to follow some set rules including:

- The nationalities of my signings tend to be in keeping with the real life trends. For example if I was managing a South American team then I would not sign a load of European or African players as they do not typically move to those leagues. Likewise, if I was managing an English League 2 side then I would not start filling my squad with low rated Brazilian players

- As you mentioned, following league rules wherever possible. If a country has a maximum number of foreign players allowed then I try to follow this and find it helps promote signing youth players or players from your chosen leagues nationality

- I limit free transfers to one per window, as I find this can be a cheap/easy way of building up your team.

- Any transfers I make have to be recommended to me by my scouts. I never use the search function unless I absolutely have to (More so on PES as the scouting system on FIFA is a bit more intuitive)

I would say that’s about it really but loving some of your ideas too, I will definitely adopt some of those!

Sorry for being a bit quiet lately guys - I think diving straight into a new ML after my long term PES United save probably wasn't the best idea. I have put my Shonan save on hold for now and hope to return to it at some point in the future.

I picked up EA FC24 for £27 (PS4) over Christmas and with the use of Matt’s sliders, I am actually enjoying a career mode save with Otelul Galati. It’s a shame the FIFA career mode thread isn’t as active for me to share updates.

All the best for 2024 everyone - Hopefully one thing it brings is more hope for us all with a decent football sim (Perhaps even an eFootball ML option 🙄)

Hey guys, had a pc crash a while back and have had zero strength to install them all plus patches again, but getting the itch again.

Anyway, never played pes 21, only pes 20 on Xbox and I'm curious to see how big of a difference it is between the games

And I'm talking vanilla versions, not a ton of patches making game a better than game b.

I think the reason for not buying pes 21 was the lack of certain teams, like Milan/Inter but most of all no San Siro

So help a homie out, best game (ML of course) of those two
Btw,its for pc this time around

Back
Top Bottom