The Last Of Us

Started a HARD+ game and anjoying it again. One of the best games in this generation and one of the best ever in terms of experience and character depth.
I'm going on normal+ now, no more hard for me, gonna try to experiment more efficient ways to kill before trying that survivor :P I was always on the edge on hard, can't imagine on survivor, so I'll try to become a better player before trying it.

Oh and multiplayer doesn't work it keeps freezing my character while everybody else can move, ridiculous.

And finally a note about the ending:
What do you think Ellie is really thinking there at the end? Does she really knows what happened and decides to play the game? Is she doubtful but prefers to believe in Joel because he's alive and he cares for him? What do you guys thought at the end? It's rich in shades, so I would like to get other views and my friends haven't still finished the game.

I found the ending absolutely glorious. It has a lot of readings and tells a lot about human being. Joel decides to be selfish and he doesn't care about humanity, as he has seen what humanity is capable of, the brutality of his 20 years journey has toughened him and suddenly Ellie makes his live make sense again. So he will do anything to keep her. Kill, steal, even lie to her.

And on the other side, Ellie had a burden for being the possible salvation of humanity, and she decides it's better to accept even a lie if that means getting rid off that burden. She makes a blind bet on Joel because their bond (the parental role both were lacking) is more powerful than their bond to the human race. And the performance of Ellie in that final scene is great, with enough elements to express all that in a split second. The last second of the game and the more glorious of all.

The good part is that this ending even allows them to do a sequel. Because what will happen if Ellie discovers the truth?

Agree with everything except a sequel, I mean a sequel of Ellie and Joel story, to me it fulfilled its purpose. Anything beyond that, might ruin it to me. Let both be legendary characters and move over.

Is this game more a combo of alan wake+heavy rain.

So far in 1-2hrs its very slow paced. Also im annoyed as im kinda stuck at a bit there are 4-5 gusy and one of the neck btiing things.

how do u avoid them? They can only hear u but not see you?

BUt if u alert the other gusy they come after you.

And it seems to me u cant kill them? Once they come after u there is nothing u can do to stop them biting ur neck?

@pes4lyfe - I never played Alan Wake but loved Heavy Rain and the emotional aspects of HR as similar to this game.

I guess it is quite slow paced but for me, that helps build the atmosphere/anticipation of your next encounter.

As for the Clickers, it's best to creep up on them, as long as you have a Sliv (knife type object) so you can stab them in the next.

Many of the "levels" can be addressed by sneaking, taking people/the infected out one at a time. At other times you have to be more gung-go but at all times tactics play a part.

Alan Wake is a terrible, tedious, overrated game, really should not be mentioned in the same breath as this at all.

@MJP Sliv? You mean shiv? ;)

@pes4lyfe - I never played Alan Wake but loved Heavy Rain and the emotional aspects of HR as similar to this game.

I guess it is quite slow paced but for me, that helps build the atmosphere/anticipation of your next encounter.

As for the Clickers, it's best to creep up on them, as long as you have a Sliv (knife type object) so you can stab them in the next.

Many of the "levels" can be addressed by sneaking, taking people/the infected out one at a time. At other times you have to be more gung-go but at all times tactics play a part.

how to u take out/use your shiv? I have like 2 or 3 but not sure how to use it?

Alan Wake is a terrible, tedious, overrated game, really should not be mentioned in the same breath as this at all.

@MJP Sliv? You mean shiv? ;)

Yeah, them as well ;)

how to u take out/use your shiv? I have like 2 or 3 but not sure how to use it?

Well, as Placebo infers, I'm (respectfully) surprised you can miss the tips that appear on screen - however, you creep up, then press. Triangle to grab then Triangle again to sHiv them. For other baddies, you can just press Square to strangle them.

Have you tried reading the manual and/or viewing the controller section? Might be common sense to do that ;)

I also completed the game. I m a huge fan of the quiet moments, the gun sequences not so much, Joel felt too heavy. Overall it's a very solid/mature experience/journey but not the greatest "game" of the generation for me. I will always prefer Uncharted 2 over this.

And finally a note about the ending:]
What do you think Ellie is really thinking there at the end? Does she really knows what happened and decides to play the game?

The look on her face... Oh she knows.

Is this game more a combo of alan wake+heavy rain.

So far in 1-2hrs its very slow paced. Also im annoyed as im kinda stuck at a bit there are 4-5 gusy and one of the neck btiing things.

how do u avoid them? They can only hear u but not see you?

BUt if u alert the other gusy they come after you.

And it seems to me u cant kill them? Once they come after u there is nothing u can do to stop them biting ur neck?

I know exactly what part you are talking about, this was one of the hardest part of the game to me, its tough because its impossible to sneak on all the runners and once they scream at you the clicker will come and bite you really quick, at that point you will have no good weapons cause its only the beginning.

You can sneak up on the obvious guy on the right then comeback the other route (clockwise), then wait until you can sneak on the guy that passes trough that other room, then the best way I found was throw a brick at the clicker shoot the runners and start running cause the clicker is not that fast and you can deal with the runners first this way.

Whenever there is this combination of runner and clickers together is the most annoying part of the game. Sneak on runners is a priority cause they are loud once they see you!

Can you not make each of them attack each other?

When there is one on fire they run at the burning one and start burning themselves, its quite awesome.

I know exactly what part you are talking about, this was one of the hardest part of the game to me, its tough because its impossible to sneak on all the runners and once they scream at you the clicker will come and bite you really quick, at that point you will have no good weapons cause its only the beginning.

You can sneak up on the obvious guy on the right then comeback the other route (clockwise), then wait until you can sneak on the guy that passes trough that other room, then the best way I found was throw a brick at the clicker shoot the runners and start running cause the clicker is not that fast and you can deal with the runners first this way.

Whenever there is this combination of runner and clickers together is the most annoying part of the game. Sneak on runners is a priority cause they are loud once they see you!

When there is one on fire they run at the burning one and start burning themselves, its quite awesome.

I used the exact same strategy there in my first run, Sauce, but on my second playthrough I did it differently. First I killed the runner that does the rounds in the most dark room (hiding behind the counter). Then I threw a brick into a very specific spot and when everybody was there, I threw a molotov on them, and done!

Regarding the end:
I wouldn't like a sequel as well, but it's hard for ND to abbnadon a very powerful IP just born. So, I think we will see more of this world. Probably with other characters, maybe Joel's brother?

Personally, I like to have Ellie and Joel there forever, legendary as you say. But if I had to meet them again, it would be interesting to play as Ellie 10 years later, probably with Joel gone. That would be a character I would love to play with.

I would like an open world next-gen game like this one. Post-apocalypse setting, trying to survive and the possibility to go everywhere you want.

I've got drool coming out of my mouth... :D

so how can clickers be killed?

Once they run at you they cant be stopped?

If u melle near them it does ntohing? U cant get time to shoot them?

if melee u need like a wooden plank to stun them? THen u shiv them?

or u can sneak on them? THey cant see only hear u?

If they see you then it will take around 5 or 6 handgun bullets, or 1 shotgun round from close range, best tactic is to distract them with a bottle or brick then sneak up on them and shank them mate.

Just kill them with a brick/bottle as a melee weapon or plank of wood, just done that in the mall place where there's four or five close together.

I've just finished this game. My total play time was around 14 hours on Hard. To sum up my experience, there was a good balance of difficulty and exploration. Some moments I felt having a weapon was useless, but there were moments where having guns blazing felt rewarding and in the same time very intense.

This is one of my favourite games - and I think it's a great way for Sony/Naughty Dog to salute the PS3 - especially since it's such a powerful and critically acclaimed exclusive.

Down from the story to the graphics to the sound design, I loved every minute of this game. At one part of the story, I got so attached to both characters that I'd felt like I needed to protect them myself. Other than Solid Snake and perhaps Heavy Rain characters, I've rarely felt such a bond with a game character.

I personally would hope for the story to end as is, and that no sequel is made. I'd rather they focus on new characters because I don't want the strong story to be diluted.

Last edited:
I'm stuck on the same bit too. I'm playing on hard and have turned off the sight function that allows you to see through walls etc. This section where you first encounter the clickers feels impossible without the sight feature though.

I have bordering on no weapons, if you get spotted then it's game over in seconds. I managed to get past them once but the noise of me trying to shift that dumpster thing out the way of the door saw them all climb up and rip me to shreds.

Stunning game but I've bitten off more than I can chew perhaps.

I had a go at it yesterday and it was pretty good. Maps are well designed so there aren't any camping spots or bottle necks. Every area can be flanked and the verticality comes into play a lot as someone crosses under or over you without you knowing and then comes behind you and kills you off.

It does suffer from the same issues a lot of multiplayer games have which is the higher the xp, the better tools they have so as a noob I was regularly beaten and battered relentlessly. Like I'd spawn, move around a corner and be killed by the same person. Respawn, turn another corner and suddenly have 3 others coming for me.
They basically have better weapons, they can listen through the walls to reveal me and are using the peek that makes them not show up when someone else uses the listening thing.

Plus matchmaking is a joke (from what I experienced yesterday). Every single match I played ended up noobs vs high ranked. In one map it was literally my team of rank 0 vs rank 29 and higher. We lost something like 0-14.

Good fun though. And with friends would be fantastic.

Random single player issue I keep having.
The ai teammates keep getting in my freaking way. Usually when I'm running away from something chasing me. They'll either run and block a door, or cross my path and block me or stand in front of me as I'm trying to line up a headshot.
So frustrating.

It's bad enough they break most of the time anyways and the aiming mechanic is really poor IMO, might be obvious bow and arrow is my favourite weapon to use in any kind of game, especially if it has iron sights! :)

Only a few games lately can actually brag about this. :P

aKzznYN_460s.jpg

Random single player issue I keep having.
The ai teammates keep getting in my freaking way. Usually when I'm running away from something chasing me. They'll either run and block a door, or cross my path and block me or stand in front of me as I'm trying to line up a headshot.
So frustrating.

Agreed. This is really the only issue I had with the game.

I'm at the Hotel and 45% in, two major bugs which forced restarts/reloads, firstly when Bill left the church, I went back to do some crafting after a good look round, then couldn't leave via the window that Bill went through, second time at the Hotel and the ladder to leave the restaurant wasn't there so had to reload and it magically was there this time (pretty crucial part of the story then kicked in of course).

Hate the loading at the start of the game. I get that it means no load times later, but still. I just want to play.

Hopefully this type if thing can be done in the background on ps4

Back
Top Bottom