The Last Of Us

Can't find a single bad/mediocre review. Guaranteed buy for me - looks like something I'd love, especially as I'm a huge Uncharted fan.

The ever so slightly biased gamespot and the Microsoft funded polygon now have you covered.

Ignoring g those though I'm shocked at the reviews. I fully expected this to be uncharted with zombies. Not that that turns me off but I wouldn't expect a game like that to get great scores so as it is, and then I read the game is actually much more than just uncharted vs zombies.....

I think I NEED to buy this game.

I'm not going to play this just yet, I'm going to find a special edition somewhere and order that, then I'm going to keep it on my shelf, unopened, until I get a proper HD TV. Sometimes I will pick it up and caress it a bit, like a madman, and then put it back on the shelf.

I'm not going to play this just yet, I'm going to find a special edition somewhere and order that, then I'm going to keep it on my shelf, unopened, until I get a proper HD TV. Sometimes I will pick it up and caress it a bit, like a madman, and then put it back on the shelf.

:LOL:

This game might actually shift a few million people from MS to the ps4.

it's too tempting, i might actually buy it.

Just get The Uncharted trilogy as well and you will never regret buying it. Unless of course the price drops a couple of weeks later...

Well I'm two hours in and it's absolutely stunning.

It nearly had me crying in the first ten minutes!

Last game to blow me away this much was Half Life 2.

The desperation and tension is unmatched in any video game I've ever played.

Well I'm two hours in and it's absolutely stunning.

It nearly had me crying in the first ten minutes!

Last game to blow me away this much was Half Life 2.

The desperation and tension is unmatched in any video game I've ever played.

how does it compare to heavy rain..

Good comparison to heavy rain.

Pacing is similar. Intensity is extremely high without being action packed.

only 3 hours in to be fair so not done a great deal but it has incredible stature. it's a movie quality game with stunning story telling.

Good comparison to heavy rain.

Pacing is similar. Intensity is extremely high without being action packed.

only 3 hours in to be fair so not done a great deal but it has incredible stature. it's a movie quality game with stunning story telling.

Looks like my ps3 is getting dusted off....

I'm 10 hours game time into it and it so reminds me of Half Life 2 but in 3rd person view.

That's not a bad thing just an observation of mine as I loved HL2.

Now I've had more time with it I would say the fighting mechanics are to me one of the few things that let it down.

The one on one fighting with fists or melee weapons are simply mashing the square button to gain 99% success in battles and brawls with the infected or soldiers. Clickers can't be hurt with fists though.

I would have preferred a timed, random button sequence like Uncharted did so well. Engaging in a brawl, not sure what button will be required to be pressed coupled with maybe half a second to press the right one or you get bitten would heighten the tension massively in my opinion. Only a small criticism but there is very little tension in hand to hand combat as I nearly always come out on top by bashing square.

I can totally relate to that friend.

I have a 32" Sony Bravia. While its a Full HD TV, I just don't think I can play it (TLoU) on that when I get it.

Ordering myself a nice 42" Panasonic Viera to play it on:BOP:

This game deserves to be played on a big-ish screen:))

I dont know if this is just me but I hate the camera.
It feels strange/unresponsive when I try to move it.

Ok I've clicked to start a new game had some bubbles on screen it said its loading and nothing but black screen and the ps3 doing something for 5 mins. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom