The La Liga thread - 2009/2010

Re: The La Liga thread - Season 2007/2008

hey guys any of u wacthed Mallorca Jonas Gutierrez closely this year?
he went under my radar..i was very surprize by the way he played against brazil here in belo horizonte, for the south american qualies.

Racing have signed Ze Antonio from Borussia Mönchengladbach. Anyone know much about him?

A Portugeezer - please tell me he is very, very good.

Real are so stupid, they didn't need Cristiano Ronaldo and now Robinho is unsettled and wants to go to Chelski.

Idiots! :brick:

Re: The La Liga thread

I've just read on Sky Sports that Peter Kenyon admitted their interest and he said they were talking to Madrid.

I'm going to go to the Marca website now...

EDIT: I think I over reacted a bit, hopefully he'll sign the contract.

Also noticed Drenthe could go out on loan 8-)

Last edited:

Italian papers are saying Malouda might move on loan to Roma... maybe Robinho rumors are true... no one knows anything!!!! AHHH

I don't like the sound of Malouda going to Roma, they should buy a hitman to go upfront.

Van der Vaart would be a very good signing but Real should look for a midfield presence, someone like Michael Ballack.

Just noticed also that Athletico are sorting out their defense at last.

When did Villarreal buy Ibagaza?!

They didn't need a ATM anyway unless this paves the way for Robinho to go which i doubt.

Roma are close to signing David Silva so i doubt they would buy both since Silva will cost 15-20M

Doesn't look like Villa or Silva are moving:
Valencia have vehemently denied they are in negotiations to sell star players David Villa and David Silva.

Sporting vice president Fernando Gomez today issued an official statement on the club's website, following accusations from Valencia's former financial consultant Juan Villalonga that Villa is set for a move to Real Madrid and negotiations with Roma for Silva are 'advanced'.

Yesterday on Italian tv the Roma coach hinted that his next signings are "physical" and the other "quick". Theyre saying Baptista and Malouda.

Atletico could have a real chance this season.

---------------Coupet
Heitinga---Perea---Ujfalushi---A.Lopez
--------------Assunção
Maxi----------Raul Garcia-----------Simao
---------Kun Agüero------------------
--------------------Forlán

And in reserve there is players like Camacho, Ibanez, Pongolle, Reyes, Motta, Pernia, Luis Garcia, Cléber etc

I like the look of that team.

They're still missing a creative player in the middle IMO. Maybe Garcia can step up. But Assuncao is so, so perfect for them. He's exactly what they needed.

I'd say, Atletico have almost the perfect squad now. A top, top first XI, that can match anyone's in Europe IMO. Backup in almost every position, and utility players. They've got Pernia, Ibanez to backup their defense, and Hetinga and Ujfalusi can also play in a no. of positions. Cleber, Mottoa, Reyes, Camacho as back up in midfield. And Garcia and Pongolle as backup in attack.

I'm expecting big, big things from Atletico.

What the hell are Sevilla doing? Have done anything to cover for the loss of Alves, Keita, and Poulsen?

Monchi, who is responsible for the signings, is possibly the smartest man on football land. Don't worry about sevilla. They can sepdn less than 3M€ and still be the best at signing every season.

They buy unknown players that turn to stars in less than two years. They've got some interesting players already and will be a tough opposition to anyone. Top 4 in LA Liga for me, for sure.

Capel - wouldv've been a good signing for Barca. Heck... even Espanyol's Riera :D

They both humilliated us in the direct match. Even though Puyol was sent to the right to mark Capel.

Monchi, who is responsible for the signings, is possibly the smartest man on football land. Don't worry about sevilla. They can sepdn less than 3M€ and still be the best at signing every season.

They buy unknown players that turn to stars in less than two years. They've got some interesting players already and will be a tough opposition to anyone. Top 4 in LA Liga for me, for sure.

That is so true. You just can't question Monchi, he does it year after year.

They've already got Konko, who's the replacement for Alves. And Romaric as replacement for Keita. Then they've got some striker from Lanus, and also left back, Fernando Navarro. And Squilacci for central defense. These all probably cost less than what they got for Alves, and you can be sure, each one of them will be a big name in a year or so.

They're still missing a creative player in the middle IMO. Maybe Garcia can step up...

Or they could try Reyes if he stays, I know he's more of a winger but Maxi and Simao can provide width, Reyes could be good as an attacking midfielder if Aguirre can get him to play a more positional, less hectic game. I read Maniche is now back from Inter he's a bit too defensive to play as an attacking midfielder, what they really need is one player who is a mix between the 2... But any team with Agüero in will be a joy to watch.

I think, with Barcelona in transition, this is a good chance for someone to really challenge Real Madrid and one of the non-big-two clubs to win it.

Atletico v Schalke will be a great match later this month, it's a shame both can't get through.

That is so true. You just can't question Monchi, he does it year after year.

They've already got Konko, who's the replacement for Alves. And Romaric as replacement for Keita. Then they've got some striker from Lanus, and also left back, Fernando Navarro. And Squilacci for central defense. These all probably cost less than what they got for Alves, and you can be sure, each one of them will be a big name in a year or so.

That's true. I'm from Seville and all new players for this season costs a bit more than 30 million €, the price barça pays for Alves.

Monchi is almost a hero here, he sign unknows players for 2 or 3 M. €, and sold them for more than 20M.€ each one, so Seville have good economy now.

The problem of that is teams sell their players higher than his real value IMO. for example, for this year Acosta (argentinian striker) cost over 7M €, Konko 9M €, Romaric 8M €, Navarro 5M € and Squillacci over 7M €, and Dusher (almost signed from Racing de Santander) 3-4 M €.

I think this year Sevile will be in Top 4, surely

PS: sorry, I don't post so mucho and my english is very poor, I think you anderstood all.

Well, Acosta scored today!!

I bet he's going to be brilliant, showed glimpses of real quality.

Monchi's probably done it again. Does anyone know his background? Where did he come from? Was he a footballer himself?

Talking about Sevilla, I do hope now that they stop becoming such a feeder club. ATM, they're probably in the second tier of European clubs along with Lyon, Roma, Porto etc, though the way they have progressed, I do hope they could become the next European giants. It's not like they're a small club. They're located in one of the biggest cities of Spain, they're apparently a rich club, with great support. I would like to see Del Nido show more ambition and urge Sevilla to become a European powerhouse. I would have like to seen him go for a proven coach, like Mancini or Eriksson, just to show that Sevilla want to make the next step. Don't know much about Jimenez, but I do hope that Sevilla present a serious title challenge this year.

Monchi born near to Cadiz (San fernando is the name of the town), and he started playing as GK in Sevilla reserves. At the end, he was a great Seville GK, the problem was that in this time sevilla have not a great team, always playing for not relegated to Liga BBVA (spanish second division), but Monchi (whose real name is Ramon Rodriguez) becomes a great GK in this times. When he retired, del Nido sign him as the boss looking for players and sign them. Sevilla supports are very proud of Monchi.

Well, I don't think we have so good squad for win a title (this year UEFA is very difficul, with team like tottenham or Milan), but probably Sevilla will go to Champions League next year...

Abhishek: Sevilla is NOT a rich club, we have a total budget of €72 milions, but only €40 millions is possible to spend in players.

I think Sevilla are weaker this year than previous seasons. I think they need to step up and start buying some big name players alongside to the talent they keep discovering. I sometimes fear Sevilla's rise to the top ended with the death of Puerta...

Real line up Huntelaar bid

Spanish giants Real Madrid are believed to be set to make a €25million (£20million) offer for Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

click

Raul, Ruud, Higuain, Saviola and Huntelaar...Saviola would be the odd one out.

Atletico lost last night 1 nil, I hope the don't blow it!

Last edited:

31st of August.

Back
Top Bottom