The La Liga thread - 2009/2010

Re: The La Liga thread - Season 2007/2008

The top teams in La Liga have been so disappointing. Thanks to go Espanyol, Atlitico, Racing, and especially, Villarreal (and Pelligrino!) that La Liga has had some entertainment and quaility.

the whole league has been disappointing this season actually. as u pointed out the only shining stars have been atletico, vilareal (i don't really like Santander, i'd rather pick betis or getafe).... and, let's face it, the only reason why we do enjoy watching espanyol playing is because they're the only team who tries to follow a different tactical path (counter attack and pressing). most of the other teams play almost the same kind of football.... pretty boring, if u ask me, and this is said by a huge fan of la liga (it used to be my favourite league till this season).

this is definitely not enough to rate this as a good season.
barca is really boring to watch... they depend too much on the individual efforts of their stars... there's clearely no plot in their football... it's like a footballing jam session and when xavi falls asleep the show is really appalling.

they're too 1 dimensional, they never change pace, not even when they are loosing! they just keep playing that horizontal football, that slow, useless, horizontal passing game, that gives to their opponents the time to move back and displace the defensive line, so that it becomes almost impossible for the blaugrana to "break the wall".
the only ones who try to give some acceleration, some change of pace, are bojan and eto'ò. messi himself, sometimes, he just loves the ball to much to get rid of it with the right timing. there are 3 teammates free, asking for the ball, but he just keeps running with it, trying some fancy useless dribblings, wich slow down the game even more.... pretty frustrating.
and the defense is not really doing better. milito is having an extremely disappointing season, and if it wasn't for yaya tourè, barca would have lost many of the matches they managed to draw.
the truth is that barca badly needs a decent coach.

i had huge expectiations on real madrid this season. i really enjoyed their football at the beginning of the season, coz, for the first time in ages they were trying something "new". for the first time in years i saw real madrid putting pressure on the ball carrier!!:w00t:
but now, at this point of the season, we can say it was just a coincidence, as they played their "usual football" for most of the season....

sevilla was a bit disappointing too... but i honestly expected it. this season, for the first time they had to face a top european competition too (i know, they played the uefa cup the last seasons, but it's a fact, the champions league is much more stressing and wearying, mentally and phisically). they had the same season lazio had.... the same season fiorentina will probably have next season... we honestly couldn't ask much more to them. but if sevilla (and lazio) will learn something from this first champions league experience and enlarge their roster, they might please us again with their fantastic footie.

but i honestly didn't expect saragoza and valencia to do such a big step backwards.

oh well, at least my beloved bilbao managed to guarrantee its presence in primera division for the next season too :))

Last edited:

the whole league has been disappointing this season actually. as u pointed out the only shining stars have been atletico, vilareal (i don't really like Santander, i'd rather pick betis or getafe).... and, let's face it, the only reason why we do enjoy watching espanyol playing is because they're the only team who tries to follow a different tactical path (counter attack and pressing). most of the other teams play almost the same kind of football.... pretty boring, if u ask me, and this is said by a huge fan of la liga (it used to be my favourite league till this season).

Pretty much agree.

As you said, Villarreal, Atletico, Espanyol, Getafe have been the stars for La Liga (and Sergio Kun Aguero!!!!!). Don't know about you, but I quiet like Santander. It's not always pretty, but there's a method which with Marcelinho grinds out result, and it is very fascinating to me.
this is definitely not enough to rate this as a good season.
barca is really boring to watch... they depend too much on the individual efforts of their stars... there's clearely no plot in their football... it's like a footballing jam session and when xavi falls asleep the show is really appalling.

they're too 1 dimensional, they never change pace, not even when they are loosing! they just keep playing that horizontal football, that slow, useless, horizontal passing game, that gives to their opponents the time to move back and displace the defensive line, so that it becomes almost impossible for the blaugrana to "break the wall".
the only ones who try to give some acceleration, some change of pace, are bojan and eto'ò. messi himself, sometimes, he just loves the ball to much to get rid of it with the right timing. there are 3 teammates free, asking for the ball, but he just keeps running with it, trying some fancy useless dribblings, wich slow down the game even more.... pretty frustrating.
and the defense is not really doing better. milito is having an extremely disappointing season, and if it wasn't for yaya tourè, barca would have lost many of the matches they managed to draw.
the truth is that barca badly needs a decent coach.

And that just sums up Barca doesn't it. Rjikaard is honestly clueless. He has not Plan B, no other style, every single time they try to play the same thing, and it's gotten so, so boring. It really pains my eyes. No ideas, no creativity. It's like they're playing football for the first time. Without Xavi, they looks like kids playing in a park. As I said, Yaya Toure has been the only one to get any praise from Barcelona. And Puyol and Milito have been terrible. And I've never rated Valdes. They desperately needs a new coach, with new players.

i had huge expectiations on real madrid this season. i really enjoyed their football at the beginning of the season, coz, for the first time in ages they were trying something "new". for the first time in years i saw real madrid putting pressure on the ball carrier!!:w00t:
but now, at this point of the season, we can say it was just a coincidence, as they played their "usual football" for most of the season....

sevilla was a bit disappointing too... but i honestly expected it. this season, for the first time they had to face a top european competition too (i know, they played the uefa cup the last seasons, but it's a fact, the champions league is much more stressing and wearying, mentally and phisically). they had the same season lazio had.... the same season fiorentina will probably have next season... we honestly couldn't ask much more to them. but if sevilla (and lazio) will learn something from this first champions league experience and enlarge their roster, they might please us again with their fantastic footie.

but i honestly didn't expect saragoza and valencia to do such a big step backwards.

oh well, at least my beloved bilbao managed to guarrantee its presence in primera division for the next season too :))

I think Real have been weak throughout the season, and our one of the weakest teams to win La Liga in recent years.

Sevilla was expected, just as I expect Villarreal and Atletico next season, after playing in the CL. Only Barca, Real, and Valencia (before this season) had the squads to play both competitions. And let's not forget the tragic events at the start of the season, and the manager leaving. Also, Monchi's much praised scouting network haven't done a great job this season. Kone, especially, has been disappointing.

And I am still in utter disbelief that even a crap manager like Koeman could have Valencia playing for relegation!

The Racing vs Madrid game has been a good game so far, Madrid are playing much butter tonight.

I would laugh to Koeman if it wasn't for the fact that one of my favorites teams are fighting against relegation.

Koeman isn't that bad. He won Copa del Rey. Do you remember Valencia's last title? I don't remember it. I believe if he continues in Valencia next season some good things will happen at Mestalla. And please don't think about relegation. It's ridiculous! Valencia relegated? No way!
He did great for Benfica in Champions League. I have much respect for him.

:DANCE: :EASY: :SMOKIN: :king: :ROCK: :applaud: ¡Real Madrid Campeón! :COOL: :applause: :salute: \\:o/ :cheers: :thumbup:
¡Hala Madrid!​

Amazing turn around at the end after Heinze for whatever reason gave away a stupid penalty.

I'm really pissed now because I'm gonna miss El Grand Classico on Wednesday.

Real Madrid
31 ligas ganadas - El mejor equipo de España

04.jpg

Salgado wearing slippers :LOL:

¡Ver el Barça haciendo el pasillo al Madrid no tiene precio!

Pasillo.jpg

¡Hala Madrid!

¡Ver el Barça haciendo el pasillo al Madrid no tiene precio!

el pasillo antes del partido fue impresionante.... y el "repasillo" subsiguiente lo fue aùn màs :))

the guard of honor was impressive, but nothing compared to what happened once the match begun.

Barça is patetic...and with Guardiola (Rijkaard 2) we'll have the same.

2 nil up and they still lose at home to Mallorca, Guiza has been a machine this year.

Guiza has been a machine. Think he'll move to bigger club in the summer.

Anyone know much about Juan Ramón López Muñiz??

10%282%29.jpg

“Today is an important day for the Racing club, because we are introducing our new coach. Juan Ramón López Muñiz is the first step of the project in which we will be representing Cantabria and Spain all over Europe. Today, the Muñiz’s era begins and I hope it makes us as happy as we have been for the last two years”. Racing’s president, Francisco Pernía, said these words to introduce the new coach of the green and white side, who has signed with Racing for the next two seasons.

During his first press conference in Cantabria, the Asturian coach assured his audience that joining such an important team as Racing makes him very happy and he will do his best. “I am very happy to be here, with a squad that have reached a European competition thanks to their efforts. We are going to make our small contribution for an enjoyable and good season.” Asked by the media, Muñiz said that “you should not compare one year with another, as we start every campaign from scratch. We are not starting with 60 or 70 points; we are all setting off with the same points, so every season is different, with different assessments”, he pointed out.

López Muñiz’s first aim for next season is to stay in the first division and get past the first round of the UEFA Cup. The new coach is also committing himself to the King’s Cup; he wants to play the three competitions with the same vigour. “You will always hear me talking of the next fixture and then, of the following one and the following one; one match at a time. We should not do things in a hurry”.

Concerning the composition of the squad, the president was clear, emphatic and categorical: “Patience, I ask for patience and calm. We are doing things properly, as we usually do at Racing. The season is not over yet, for, as you know, the sports year finishes on June the 30th and some people reckon we should already have the squad finalised. We really have indeed, the same squad that has been able to take us to a European official championship for the very first time in 95 years of the history of the club. It has hardly suffered any changes, so stay calm and cool”.

Francisco Pernía made assurances that “I said the same last year, in August; this year I say it again in advance. We are doing things very well. Prophets of doom will come and say that we are collapsing or something. They will return with medals. So we must stay calm. Our priority is to form a good group and so we are doing. I hope that supporters understand our message again, just like they did last campaign.”

Questioned about creating a new Sports Committee, Racing’s chief executive, Francisco Pernía, said that: “it will be formed by people from inside the club; the coach’s opinion is also very important, this year things will be very well done, because we’ve got plenty of time to draw up a plan for the season”. In that respect, the Asturian coach has assured us that he will work as a coach, but he will contribute his ideas to the committee as a member.

Asked about the circumstances surrounding SEOP, Francisco Pernía, clarified that the twin company is overcoming its situation and Racing will not be harmed in any way. “SEOP has resumed some building work that was stopped here in Cantabria and the situation is getting better. There is a general finance crisis, as finance companies don’t lend money to each other; therefore, there is no danger for Racing, we will balance our budget before June the 30
th”.

Juan Ramón López Muñiz brings with him Juan José González Argüelles (born in Gijón, Asturias, on October the 9
th, 1973) as the second coach, and Fernando Gaspar Laborie (born in Madrid, on April the 9th, 1969) as the physical trainer.

Argüelles, as a player, wore the Sporting’s jersey (for about ten years) and Linares’s, where he hunged his boots up, during the season 2003/04. As a coach, he has been in charge of Union Popular de Langreo and C.D. Llanes, where he is now coming from. He has also worked with several clubs, on the sports matters.

In the meantime, Fernando Gaspar has an INEF degree, from Madrid University. He has got broad professional experience, which has taken him to many benches (in his CV, he has got a Portuguese Cup, he has been runner-up in one of the Portuguese Leagues, and has taken part in the Champions League three times and got promotion to the first division of league twice, with Rayo Vallecano and Numancia), with coaches like Camacho or Lotina, among others.

Juan Ramón López Muñiz was born in Gijón, on November the 2
nd 1968. The new green and white coach used to play with Sporting, Rayo Vallecano and Numancia and stood out as a very strong and reliable midfielder.

After hanging up his boots, he arrived at the bench and, with Juande Ramos, developed his job as a second coach at Espanyol and Málaga (2003/04), and then, and, from there, he went on to lead the playing team in 2006 (Marbella), a task that helped him to sign up with Málaga C. F., a team he has led to promotion in the First Division.

Not familiar with him.

Marcelino's gone to Zaragoza though, hasn't he? Wonder why he would do that? Any idea where Flores is going? And Emery is Valencia's new manager right?

Marcelino's gone to Zaragoza though, hasn't he? Wonder why he would do that?

I've no idea - At first I thought it was his hometown team, but in fact he was born just up the road from Santander. I think maybe he was expecting a bigger club to come in for him but the offer didn't materialise, or maybe he just wants a new project?

He's a massive loss for us but at least he has left us in great shape.

Not familiar with him.

Marcelino's gone to Zaragoza though, hasn't he? Wonder why he would do that? Any idea where Flores is going? And Emery is Valencia's new manager right?

If youre talking about Quique Flores, hes gone to Benfica.

I've no idea - At first I thought it was his hometown team, but in fact he was born just up the road from Santander. I think maybe he was expecting a bigger club to come in for him but the offer didn't materialise, or maybe he just wants a new project?

He's a massive loss for us but at least he has left us in great shape.

Yeh, I think he was waiting for a bigger club to come in. Both Sevilla and Valencia were linked. I guess he went to Zaragoza for the challenge of bringing them up. They are a rich if I remember correctly. And are a big club in Spain.

If youre talking about Quique Flores, hes gone to Benfica.

Yep, that's the one. Kinda feel sorry for him, the way he left Valencia.

Monchi is at work again. Abdoulay Konko is the next Dani Alves apparently. With Monchi scouting, he probably is. Anyone know anything about him?

Very good season in Serie A. He was about to join Inter but then it collapsed when Mancini left. He's quite similar to Maicon but a bit quicker and still has something to prove.

Back
Top Bottom