The La Liga thread - 2009/2010

Re: The La Liga thread - 2008/2009

omg... im kinda hopeless with barca right now... they just look bad bad bad bad... i really don't know what is going to happen with this team, i know its brand new but its doesn't have creativity to make goals at all, they seemed to forget that games are won by placing the ball on the net not having 70%/80% of ball possession..

Currently you see its nothing like that =)
They have the best creativity in EUROPE! and the world :D

13 September 08

Now

22 November 08

See the difference? lol

Barca is a beast atm, they don't beat teams, they kill teams.

They are playing sexy football, its great to watch.

I know I am probably asking the impossible at the moment but does anyone know a way of getting tickets for Barca v Real Madrid on 13th/14th December ?

Previously in Spain I have gone to the stadium on the day of the match and have picked up tickets pretty much at face value or for a very minimal mark up, but for a big game like this I think that is unlikely...

I have seen there are sites selling tickets, but has anyone used these? How do I know if they are legitimate or not? Any tips would be great, either by replying to this thread or sending me a PM!

I dont know, sorry.

Getafe are blitzing Villereal :SHOCK:, its not game over though.

EDIT: 3-3 with 5 mins left... :D

Barca vs Valencia @ 9, :D

Last edited:

ROFL
Barca 4 - 0 Sevilla
Real 3 - 4 Sevilla
next
Barcelona - Real
Who do you think is going to win?? hmm...

Real will get blown away by Barca on Saturday.

I just bet Madrid will step up and beat Barca.

And it'll be a shame, because I want Barca to absolute blitz them, and then continue walking off with the league.

_45281983_schustersplit_226.jpg

Real Madrid have sacked Bernd Schuster as coach and replaced the German with former Tottenham manager Juande Ramos until the end of the season.

The 54-year-old's first game in charge will be Wednesday's Champions League match at home to Zenit St Petersburg.

Real are fifth in the Primera Liga, nine points behind Barcelona, who they face in El Clasico on Saturday.

The Madrid board had given Schuster, 48, several votes of confidence before Sunday's 4-3 home defeat by Sevilla.

Schuster, whose side was knocked out of the Copa del Rey by little-known Real Union, conceded after the match that his side was incapable of winning at Barcelona.

I hope I don't let anyone down and that I achieve the successes that this club has set for this season

Juande Ramos
"We spoke to Schuster this morning about all the difficulties over the past few months," said Real director of sport Pedja Mijatovic.

"We came to the mutual agreement to take this decision. He took the decision well.

"I have to take the opportunity to thank Bernd Schuster for the work he did at Real Madrid. He did an excellent job last season to win the title and the Spanish Supercopa."

Ramos, who has signed a six-month contract, was sacked as manager of Tottenham in October following Tottenham's worst start to a season.

Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas also gave an insight into the negativity surrounding the club on Tuesday when he admitted they were not capable of challenging for the league title on current form.

Casillas told radio programme El mirador de Punto Radio: "At the moment the team isn't capable of winning trophies because Barcelona lead us by nine points and it's true that they're playing well.

"We are going through a bad run. Defensively we are vulnerable - and I'm the first (to blame).

"At the moment it seems that our opponents will have three chances and score three goals and it's clear that we are all to blame.

"I have been 10 seasons in the Primera Liga and this, for now, is the worst start I have had."

BBC

I'm happy for Ramos but I hope Calderon have set him a realistic target for the season.

Diarra is out for 9 months too.

Raul is now Real Madrid's all time top scorer with a whopping 309 goals.

Satellite

Respect.

definitely not xD

zaragoza is in "Aragon" and valencia en "comunitat valenciana"

The only Catalan teams that I know of are Bilbao and Real Sociaedad (wrong spelling I know).

Barcelona and Espanyol are the only Catalan teams in the La Liga. Bilbao and Sociedad are Basque. I think Gimnastic, who were relegated from the La Liga a couple of seasons ago are also a team from Catalonia.

My bad, I got confused by teams who can only play with certain players.

Barcelona and Espanyol are the only Catalan teams in the La Liga. Bilbao and Sociedad are Basque. I think Gimnastic, who were relegated from the La Liga a couple of seasons ago are also a team from Catalonia.

yeah, it's the truth xD

only players that were born in catalonia can play with this squad

yeah, it's the truth xD

only players that were born in catalonia can play with this squad

OK, thanks. I confused because of flags and langueages. Catalonia, Valencia and Zaragoza have similar flags and Catalan langueage, because of it I thought that they can play for Catalonia.

I made kits for Catalonia. :) I don't know which kits they have in real life.
fabr.jpg

Last edited:
I'm suprised Madrid sold Wesley and Robben, they may regret that.

PS: La Liga is in 16:9 on Sky Sports, no more worse than YouTube 4:3 feeds.

:BAND:

Will take time for all the new signings to fit in. Ronaldo just doesn't suit the system their playing, he had some moments of magic but overall he didn't do that well, Kaka suits it more I think and will probably fit in quicker.

At times they looked unbalanced, decent enough performance overall.

I couldn't understand why they kept on feeding Arbeloa instead of Marcelo, Arebloa isn't known for his crossing.

Last edited:
At times they looked unbalanced, decent enough performance overall.

I couldn't understand why they kept on feeding Arbeloa instead of Marcelo, Arebloa is known for his crossing.

Arbeloa was a strange signing to be honest. Decent backup to Ramos but he's not first team material in teams like Liverpool and Real Madrid

He may not have been first team material but he was :)) I think it was a good signing, Hes much better than Ramos defensively and can also play at LB which I think he might if Marcelo and Drenthe prove to be that bad.

Marcelo did well as a LM under Ramos, probably been pushed back because Pellgrini doesn't want to play with wingers for some reason.

Well its not a matter of want but can't. He has to accommodate Ronaldo and Kaka. Ronaldo really should be pushed further up the pitch by Real though. I thought the 4-2-1-3 was what they were going to play but the 4-2-2-2 is probably more balanced yet doesn't bring the best out of their best player.

Yep, we're playing well and Ibra is getting fit, and it shows. I think we've got a stronger first eleven this year and Ibra opens up a lot more possibilites offensively, but we have a great problem in midfield and offense: we have such a short and young bench...

Pedro, Bojan and Jeffren are pretty average and in midfield we need another strong player, Touré and Keita are playing the african cup again...

Yep, we're playing well and Ibra is getting fit, and it shows. I think we've got a stronger first eleven this year and Ibra opens up a lot more possibilites offensively, but we have a great problem in midfield and offense: we have such a short and young bench...

Pedro, Bojan and Jeffren are pretty average and in midfield we need another strong player, Touré and Keita are playing the african cup again...

Keita is playing very well at the moment. Iniesta hasnt really been missed.

Back
Top Bottom