Pure Football gameplay mod

..shots was very good before 1.6 but now looks like we have timed finishing style .. and headers by COM are a little OP especially with set pieces .. overall it's a beautiful approaching and we can play more realistic .. with 1.6 no more crashes ..!

..shots was very good before 1.6 but now looks like we have timed finishing style .. and headers by COM are a little OP especially with set pieces .. overall it's a beautiful approaching and we can play more realistic .. with 1.6 no more crashes ..!
It is mostly a matter of having big tall man and position them properly, and you shouldn't have so much problems with headers. Also, a good keeper is MANDATORY in this version since it can make a great difference in certain outcomes because of how good now com shoots. Can make a huge difference.

There's still a lot of polishment to do, I am trying to mess now with game pace, trying to make teams more likely to run less in defense, but I still need to check how defense works, cause sometimes it feels like players can accelerate pretty fast off-ball, and while they can, it should take much more stamina over the course of the match. Also, I don't know how to walk without the ball when I am holding a position, players need to move, overall, slower. I will have to give a look to this very closely, mayb turning down joggin speed might help.

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.7 TU17.1

And yet, another update, which focus on errors and again, ball control.

Changelog:
- Focused again in ball physics and contact with the foot, and it should feel much more detached now than before, like a real football ball. Also, friction and other parts of the game have been revamped, looking for more realism. Dribbling is a bit more difficult now because of the new physics plus certain other things, but is still doable, just that 2 vs 1 and pressure should now make the enemy player a bit more uncomfortable towards the reception. Might tone it down a bit, though, in futures updates, cause it feels sometimes like even good players struggle a bit (which is not completely bad, it should happen from time to time, but maybe is happening a bit too much), but it's something I have to think about, cause I also don't want player characters to be excesive good at creating counters when receiving with pressure, and rather I'd like the player (the user) to have to get out of pressure with a good pass, or with a diagonal/horizontal dribble, rather than a vertical one.
- Passes should be slower, which should favor the game pace, and in general normal passes should have now a more different behaviour from through passes and driven passes.
-Changed errors in an attempt of making shooting less precise (specially for COM), and make lobs much more consistent, without having that teledirect vanilla feeling. It's on it's way and feeling better than before, however, errors is a very difficult thing due to the ammount of things related, so it's still subject to change a lot.
- In general match rythm should have more changes, and you should have more moments where you can and have to pass around, but still retain those FIFA moments where you can counter and get the prize.

As always, enjoy it and tell me what are your feelings about it and how I can make it better.

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.7 TU17.1

And yet, another update, which focus on errors and again, ball control.

Changelog:
- Focused again in ball physics and contact with the foot, and it should feel much more detached now than before, like a real football ball. Also, friction and other parts of the game have been revamped, looking for more realism. Dribbling is a bit more difficult now because of the new physics plus certain other things, but is still doable, just that 2 vs 1 and pressure should now make the enemy player a bit more uncomfortable towards the reception. Might tone it down a bit, though, in futures updates, cause it feels sometimes like even good players struggle a bit (which is not completely bad, it should happen from time to time, but maybe is happening a bit too much), but it's something I have to think about, cause I also don't want player characters to be excesive good at creating counters when receiving with pressure, and rather I'd like the player (the user) to have to get out of pressure with a good pass, or with a diagonal/horizontal dribble, rather than a vertical one.
- Passes should be slower, which should favor the game pace, and in general normal passes should have now a more different behaviour from through passes and driven passes.
-Changed errors in an attempt of making shooting less precise (specially for COM), and make lobs much more consistent, without having that teledirect vanilla feeling. It's on it's way and feeling better than before, however, errors is a very difficult thing due to the ammount of things related, so it's still subject to change a lot.
- In general match rythm should have more changes, and you should have more moments where you can and have to pass around, but still retain those FIFA moments where you can counter and get the prize.

As always, enjoy it and tell me what are your feelings about it and how I can make it better.

hello master Hels thank you a lot for releasing your amazing work with huge of improvements is the CTD(crash) issue still fixed?
thanks

to solve the CTD problem you have to delete your settings file in documents > Fifa 23 folder. do not delete the whole folder, only the Settings2023.... file

could be a solution but with 1.6.1 not even once a CTD .. anyway with 1.7 we have the slowest pace which is nice ..
I've been trying to slow down the pace and make the game more tactical, but is still a long way to go.
to solve the CTD problem you have to delete your settings file in documents > Fifa 23 folder. do not delete the whole folder, only the Settings2023.... file
Thanks for the clarification, this can be very usefull. Will give it a try to see if that corrects my ctd's problem (yet I don't get so many now), but anyway, I am still having performance problems.

I've been trying to slow down the pace and make the game more tactical, but is still a long way to go.

Thanks for the clarification, this can be very usefull. Will give it a try to see if that corrects my ctd's problem (yet I don't get so many now), but anyway, I am still having performance problems.
so deleting the "settings file" in documents/FIFA 23 folder will fix the CTD issue? did someone else tried this method to confirm this?
thanks in advance

I dont have crashes i think IT would be good mod but why passes and crosses are so fast like Rockets sometimes

Hey so i think i messed up a bit , i thought i could disable fifa in my firewall so it stopped asking to get reconnected to online servers , turns it it didnt work and now after i let it go online the gameplay feel is gone , what can i do to fix it?

I dont have crashes i think IT would be good mod but why passes and crosses are so fast like Rockets sometimes
I am still working on that, and it should happen less now, at least with the normal pass. I will have to rework each of them, but eventually I'll get there.

Hey so i think i messed up a bit , i thought i could disable fifa in my firewall so it stopped asking to get reconnected to online servers , turns it it didnt work and now after i let it go online the gameplay feel is gone , what can i do to fix it?
Erase your FIFA23 folder in C:/Users/Your user/AppData/Local/Temp , make sure you have added the -datapath FIFAModData in the starting arguments, restart the game from the Mod Manager, and skip the online connection.

Erase your FIFA23 folder in C:/Users/Your user/AppData/Local/Temp , make sure you have added the -datapath FIFAModData in the starting arguments, restart the game from the Mod Manager, and skip the online connection.
I did all of this and it yet persist so i will go ahead now and re-install entire FIFA23 and mods

@Hels The Ronin update! after a bit of work i finally have the gameplay feeling back , the only thing that feels off right now is that the AI and my own defence sort of just stands still, if either me or the AI breaks through the defenders starts to walk like snails backwards , making it easy to just sprint into the box and have a shot , this was not a problem yesterday where games would be 1-2 0-0 , 2-3 , when i try to take control of a cb to chase the attacker it takes so long to even get to half acceleration , does anyone know what causes this and how it can be resolved?

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.8 TU17.1

I don't know exactly what to say about this update other than... try it.

I've been working intensively both on normal pass and through pass so that they are more consistent. Also, I'd say that all the actions in general are now more realistic, thanks again to a new change on the ball trap by the players. Passes should be now much more realistic in speed, and short passing tiki-taka, though doable, has to be timed very good.
There's a big risk of underpowering passes now, so I recommend to set your power bar into 60.
Rocket through passes are gone, but through passes are still difficult to nail in power, so that direct game, while doable, keeps reasonable in effectiveness.
You can play it both in World Class and Legendary, but I found Legendary to be a bit sufocating for me, so I recomend much more to play World Class for a better pace, where you have time to turn and look who to pass.

I've divided the mod in two downloads so from now on I only include the main mod and not the fair AI. The mod is still subject to polish in a lot of areas, but I can grant you that tactical feeling starts to take shape. I hope you enjoy this version as much as I am doing. Now, more than ever, I need your feedback cause the things to polish are, each time, more subtle. Cheers and enjoy football.

Last edited:
@Hels The Ronin update! after a bit of work i finally have the gameplay feeling back , the only thing that feels off right now is that the AI and my own defence sort of just stands still, if either me or the AI breaks through the defenders starts to walk like snails backwards , making it easy to just sprint into the box and have a shot , this was not a problem yesterday where games would be 1-2 0-0 , 2-3 , when i try to take control of a cb to chase the attacker it takes so long to even get to half acceleration , does anyone know what causes this and how it can be resolved?
Is a common problem of FIFA when the speed of the players is touched. Is been messing my head for a lot of time and I've never been able to solve it, yet I've seen a reduce of cases in last updates, or is less exploitable, but is still there. What I usually do is learn to identify it as a player, when it happens, and correct manually my CB positioning, selecting them with Right Stick, then swapping and most of times they will react properly after swapping. Also double tapping and holding RB helps sometimes, but not always, and the players that run backwards to cover pass lanes depend on what player are you controlling when you give the order, so it is a bit tricky.

Other thing that can help is to set "basculate towards the ball defensive" tactic on (by pressing down on the D-pad in defense and seleccing the tactic in the popping panel), and players should be a bit more responsive towards ball moving, less static and more dynamic.

At the end, is just a mix of all this things what I found effective to defend against it. The problem is that you can exploit it quite much yourself vs the AI.

@Hels The Ronin I Noticed that it all depends on what formation / instructions and even players you have to reduce or increase the likelyhood , which to me is great , i just got to build a solid shape that covers the running channels! feels realistic and like a feature instead of a bug , especially with your newest update

Yes, but I gotta say it still feels weird when it happens. But at least, now is somewhat more... flexible? Or at least you can avoid it more, and happens less to AI, aswell, so yeah, not as bad as previous versions. Tbh, I feel quite satisfied with gp feeling in this version, and although it is obviously subject of changing way more, and polishing much more, I start to have the feeling that I got there in terms of pace. Each version has updated or upgraded something, I've learnt a lot along the way, and yet there's much more to learn, to be sure, at least I seriously think that the levels of simulation of the gp are already in a great level.

Working on the kickpass and kickerror folders has been a tough work, but I defenitely made some progress in them, and they have been the difference between this version and, say, 1.4 or 1.5. Game feels COMPLETELY different, in terms of ball physics, contact between the ball and the foot... For me is a whole new level of play, that you don't see in vanilla. And weather some animations are still a bit weird and sometimes player accelerate in a weird way, in general, movement in the pitch, ball circulation, everything... is much more demanding, even in World Class difficulty.

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.8.1 TU17.1
Quick update over this night's base, looking for a more realistic pace, further improved passing feeling, adjusting the different errors for the different kind of passes, and reduced both normal and dribbling jogging speed and acceleration so that dribbling is even more controllable and pressure is not so much effective if executed careless. The game should feel more positional and tactical than ever. Give it a try, and as always, waiting for the feedback.

FIFA 23 is no longer football in a hockey rink , this gameplay felt so natural and realistic , i lost to legendary AI 2-5 not because of bugs or OP AI but because they broke down my defence and displaced me 5 times , loving the build up so far , only played with west ham so far so (park the bus , hit to target man to look wide for runners) but with the occasional third-half stand off to look to break my opposition down , defenders on both sides are very reactive , no standing still , the defensive line goes where its supposed to go , never going back to PES ill tell you that!

FIFA 23 is no longer football in a hockey rink , this gameplay felt so natural and realistic , i lost to legendary AI 2-5 not because of bugs or OP AI but because they broke down my defence and displaced me 5 times , loving the build up so far , only played with west ham so far so (park the bus , hit to target man to look wide for runners) but with the occasional third-half stand off to look to break my opposition down , defenders on both sides are very reactive , no standing still , the defensive line goes where its supposed to go , never going back to PES ill tell you that!
Great that someone else is enjoying as much as me! A friendly advice, try it in World Class. Legendary and Ultimate are, at least for me, excesively reactive. In world class you'll have more time to move the ball around and build up is a bit more relaxed, at least in friendly and league matches. Eliminatory games are still tense.

@Hels The Ronin i was just about to switch over to see if it gives the game more "pausa" im 2-3 days old in the fifa modding community , do you know by any chance if "creating" your own difficulty is do-able with the tools out there? i'd want to try and create a difficulty that simulates an entire realistic football match , and also create a stats database to nerf all players, whenever i play your mod with worse teams like Skybet championship , the games get even more fun , slowed down and tactical

@Hels The Ronin i was just about to switch over to see if it gives the game more "pausa" im 2-3 days old in the fifa modding community , do you know by any chance if "creating" your own difficulty is do-able with the tools out there? i'd want to try and create a difficulty that simulates an entire realistic football match , and also create a stats database to nerf all players, whenever i play your mod with worse teams like Skybet championship , the games get even more fun , slowed down and tactical
You can. But is way far more complex than just tweaking values. If you're interested, I can get you introduced to modding in EA FC, just hit me on the privates, I will tell you my discord user and we can speak through there. Yet I have 2-3 busy weeks where I will only be free saturdays from 18 to god knows which hour in the night (European time) and Sundays from somewhat 15 or 16 to 21, aprox. If you're interested into learning and/or giving a hand with the mod and/or creating a modding team, I shall be delighted to give you a hand to get started.

As to let you know about the difficulties, there are several values with the "difficulty" tab, but some of them is for difficulty of an action, rather than the difficulty of the game, or that's what I think, also there are some values labeled as Diff, which could reference "difficulty" or "difference" so trust me when I tell you that the game is not easy to tune at all. There are some values that shall be of help, no doubt, but trust me if I tell you that the game needs a lot of working to be able to create that pausa. I've been essentially trying to make the game as much realistic as possible, and trust me it is not easy, as I've been 5 years trying to find the same you're looking for between FIFA and PES modding. And I tell you, it is a nightmare where only now I start to see the light.

About the player nerfing... I am not a fan. I could try and make top tier players less gifted, but tbh, I actually want users to feel the difference between a good and a bad player, and also, good players can do crazy stuff irl, and tbh, for me the game is tactical enough, yet fast, when playing with top players. It's more about player behaviour off the ball, that's where we need to put more effort, aswell as marking behaviour, so that even if a proper dribbling can leave other players behind, at least is not that common cause players actually are more carefull with pressure.

i have some computer program experience and a very logical way of thinking , with a little help from you i think i could catch on pretty fast i would appreciate that yes! well , nerfing was maybe the wrong word , i'd say "balancing" , to reflect actions on the pitch to be more life-like , Mbappe would still be fast and Van Djik would still be a menacing pressence , but overall decrease values and balance their highlighted stats , sort of how it went from PES21 to Efootball, what used to be someone with 84 finishing got down to 79 , making them just a bit more human but retain their athetisism , that combined with a difficulty that see's the AI pass the ball around more looking for options , be lethal when the perfect oppertunity arises but yet also be human and have the pressure consume them , i'll send you a priv. msg with my discord , don't stress about making time for me , im still in the first stages of planning

Back
Top Bottom