Pure Football gameplay mod

¡¡NUEVA ACTUALIZACIÓN!!
FÚTBOL PURO V1.8.1 TU17.1
Actualización rápida sobre la base de esta noche, buscando un ritmo más realista, mejorando aún más la sensación de pase, ajustando los diferentes errores para los diferentes tipos de pases y reduciendo la velocidad y aceleración tanto normal como de regate para que el regate sea aún más controlable y la presión. no es tan efectivo si se ejecuta descuidadamente. El juego debería parecer más posicional y táctico que nunca. Pruébalo y, como siempre, esperando comentarios.
I loved! It would modify the tiredness of the players in the match and the accumulated fatigue when playing consecutive matches. Because it's like they never get tired...they always have a full bar or it's very low.

¡Me gustó! Modificaría el cansancio de los jugadores en el partido y el cansancio acumulado al disputar partidos consecutivos.
Yo, I have no problems with Spanish, but beware this is an only English forum so mods might call your attention. About what you say, those are things to modify, but they will come later, at its time.

Yo, I have no problems with Spanish, but beware this is an only English forum so mods might call your attention. About what you say, those are things to modify, but they will come later, at its time.
Yes, I already corrected it and put it in English.
I hope you can fix the players' fatigue.

so deleting the "settings file" in documents/FIFA 23 folder will fix the CTD issue? did someone else tried this method to confirm this?
thanks in advance
so frustrating when you leade the game 1-0 in the 80's after the intensity and CTD occurs ..! .. otherwise we have a challenging and engaging GP .. playing CM with a team from second league and need to be focused but overall it's realistic versus vanilla ..

I am loving V1.8.1! It really feels like an actual match, especially the way in which the players cut off passing lanes more effectively and trying to break through the enemy defence is really difficult. The only thing I might say is that the AI definitely needs some help! I play on legendary difficulty and even against teams a league higher than me I'm really dominating the game.

I think this might be due to me playing on lower leagues? In any case here are my ideas on what might help:
  • Number 1 issue is the AI don't seem to shoot anywhere outside of the 9 yard box, very rarely do I see them take shots at a longer range. If they start shooting long range they'd really start to cause issues for me. You might also want to make longer range shots a little better for lower leagues.
  • Lower league teams really struggle with the new less accurate passing, I'd maybe tweak this for lower leagues if possible. Long balls especially almost never land anywhere useful for the AI.
  • Defenders never, or rarely, seem to successfully block shots. I'd recommend making players better at blocking shots/passes and reduce the passing errors in response.
  • The AI seems to refuse to go forward. I love the build up play they have but they need to take a few more risks, more runs into the box, more long balls/crosses/lofted balls in.
  • The AI and player dribbling is pretty much perfect, though occassionaly they'll perform skill moves with no one around them, which means they really slow down and can be easily caught and tackled.
  • Not seen any AI players really effectively run through my defense yet, even when they should be faster. Hard to tell though, maybe disregard this.

Thanks for your beautiful mod, I'd be interested to hear your feedback. I'll attach below an example of a match I had (20m halves on legendary).

P.S. Attacking feels pretty perfect, I had to really work hard to get any goals and usually I get them from AI mistakes or pure luck.

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.13 - 22.08.49.90.png

I am loving V1.8.1! It really feels like an actual match, especially the way in which the players cut off passing lanes more effectively and trying to break through the enemy defence is really difficult. The only thing I might say is that the AI definitely needs some help! I play on legendary difficulty and even against teams a league higher than me I'm really dominating the game.

I think this might be due to me playing on lower leagues? In any case here are my ideas on what might help:
  • Number 1 issue is the AI don't seem to shoot anywhere outside of the 9 yard box, very rarely do I see them take shots at a longer range. If they start shooting long range they'd really start to cause issues for me. You might also want to make longer range shots a little better for lower leagues.
  • Lower league teams really struggle with the new less accurate passing, I'd maybe tweak this for lower leagues if possible. Long balls especially almost never land anywhere useful for the AI.
  • Defenders never, or rarely, seem to successfully block shots. I'd recommend making players better at blocking shots/passes and reduce the passing errors in response.
  • The AI seems to refuse to go forward. I love the build up play they have but they need to take a few more risks, more runs into the box, more long balls/crosses/lofted balls in.
  • The AI and player dribbling is pretty much perfect, though occassionaly they'll perform skill moves with no one around them, which means they really slow down and can be easily caught and tackled.
  • Not seen any AI players really effectively run through my defense yet, even when they should be faster. Hard to tell though, maybe disregard this.

Thanks for your beautiful mod, I'd be interested to hear your feedback. I'll attach below an example of a match I had (20m halves on legendary).

P.S. Attacking feels pretty perfect, I had to really work hard to get any goals and usually I get them from AI mistakes or pure luck.

View attachment 246764
Your feedback is great. It will help me a lot with my mod, for sure.

I discourage to play legendary cause the game feels way faster. World Class, the pressure is a bit less and I'd say you need to make slower build up, the press in legendary forces you to play really fast and you'll loose the ball more, and will rely more on dribbling.

Noe, about the AI... I still struggle vs the AI if I try yo play a realistic tempo, so I might need to reduce player acceleration, or, more likely, make them walk more and know better when to focus on blocking passing lanes and when to press, also being more careful with stamina. Just that is not that easy.

On the attacking part, I will need to rework certain values, for sure, and I will have to try to make the AI sprint more into the open, but without being excesively broken. Also more combination of different attacking paterna, shooting and crossing more... I will also need to take a look into the long balls, cause although I don't want them to be perfectly precise to the foot, I don't want either having the ball going out always that AI plays long...

But anyway, very interesting feedback and I will be trying to put it use to improve my mod. Specially, I will have to take a look in the lowest tier leagues and see player stats compared to higher tier ones. Also test maybe lowest attributes possible and see how the game works with it.

But yes, in general, I'd say that I might need to reconstruct a lot of values to make a more incisive AI without being excesively op.

Last edited:
so frustrating when you leade the game 1-0 in the 80's after the intensity and CTD occurs ..! .. otherwise we have a challenging and engaging GP .. playing CM with a team from second league and need to be focused but overall it's realistic versus vanilla ..
Yep, sorry but still can't fix it. Not sure what might be causing it cause there's not even an error message.

Do you happen to have FPS drops before the CTD?

View attachment 246764
hello mate do you have the CTD problem too? cause i deleted all the files inside "Documents/Fifa23/settings as recommended but still got this CTD issue sadly :( dont have an idea how to fix it maybe someone can help or have an idea BTW its a great amazing GP MOD by master HELS thanks for his efforts

hello mate do you have the CTD problem too? cause i deleted all the files inside "Documents/Fifa23/settings as recommended but still got this CTD issue sadly :( dont have an idea how to fix it maybe someone can help or have an idea BTW its a great amazing GP MOD by master HELS thanks for his efforts
Whenever you can, test the mod without the fair AI module, and tell me if you keep getting the CTD.

Guys quick update about the development of the mod, I am testing already the v1.8.2 and is getting even better. Slow speed fits the mod so good that I barely have words. It feels much more like a real match in pace and rythm, with more spaces in the midfield and much more possibilities to play. It might even do legendary a playable difficulty again without feeling too rushed, like in normal, but still have to try. This new update will be a quick fix to some inconsitence I found with player acceleration based on his acceleration type (explosive, contolled, or lengthy), and also, a bit of an update to AI decission making from the player that has the ball.

One thing I still don't know how to improve is shooting decision. Right now it seems a bit... strange. Players will often have an open shot and won't take it, but many others, will take the shoot instead of looking for the pass, when it is more obvious. Don't know where are the values to change that so it will still take a while before I manage to get something... solid. Still though, I've been testing it on my career, in a Champions League Match vs PSV Eindhoven (I play R.C. Celta de Vigo, but after several seasons I've got a whole new roster with quite high rated players) and I must say that the results are... interesting when least.

As said, very competed midfield, with player behaviours quite similar as one would expect from a real football match, and with most of inconsistence in gameplay coming more from micro side of the gameplay rather than macro (from player actions rather than game pace itself, essentially). Players seem to run less without the ball, so that could give some possibilities with stamina, but I am not sure if stamina relates to speed/acceleration, or rather, to the intensity values that the character does (based on your inputs) so I still need to give it a look, both to user controlled players as to AI (be CPU team or yours) controlled players. Also, stamina is a big problem cause small dribbling also consume stamina (mostly short term one, the blue bar, not the white), and one of the most things I enjoy from my mod is precisely doing dribblings that could be signed by Messi himself, so I will need to check about stamina consumption. So while there might be a possibility there, I still feel is narrow, and will need a lot of testing to make it work properly, for both AI and user, with and without ball.

Not much else, besides this. I am ending my working days in Netherlands, so I am trying to work as much as I can this last days. The bad news to this is that I will have less time during this two weeks (and what has been this whole week) to modify and test. The good news is that after this two weeks when I get back to Spain, I will have probably a brand new PC waiting for me to try it, install FIFA, test the mod in a high end PC (to see if the problem might be cooling), and in 2k, and with plenty of time to develop the mod. So, one thing for the other! In the meanwhile, keep testing v1.8.1, enjoying this new slow pace (remember, set slow speed in the game), and throwing feedback, ideas, everything that you can give, helps. Each step gets us closer to what we all strive for, and that makes me really happy. Keep goaling, fellas!

v1.6.1 was the only without CTD .. and I played a reasonable number of matches .. but this pace from 1.8.1 it is so tempting .. yeah I will give it a go without that Pure AI & will see ..
and mate? did it work without FAIR AI MOD? did you get the CTD issue even without FAIR AI MOD?
thanks in advance

Your feedback is great. It will help me a lot with my mod, for sure.

I discourage to play legendary cause the game feels way faster. World Class, the pressure is a bit less and I'd say you need to make slower build up, the press in legendary forces you to play really fast and you'll loose the ball more, and will rely more on dribbling.

Noe, about the AI... I still struggle vs the AI if I try yo play a realistic tempo, so I might need to reduce player acceleration, or, more likely, make them walk more and know better when to focus on blocking passing lanes and when to press, also being more careful with stamina. Just that is not that easy.

On the attacking part, I will need to rework certain values, for sure, and I will have to try to make the AI sprint more into the open, but without being excesively broken. Also more combination of different attacking paterna, shooting and crossing more... I will also need to take a look into the long balls, cause although I don't want them to be perfectly precise to the foot, I don't want either having the ball going out always that AI plays long...

But anyway, very interesting feedback and I will be trying to put it use to improve my mod. Specially, I will have to take a look in the lowest tier leagues and see player stats compared to higher tier ones. Also test maybe lowest attributes possible and see how the game works with it.

But yes, in general, I'd say that I might need to reconstruct a lot of values to make a more incisive AI without being excesively op.

So I've played a few more matches and made a video for you with time codes to highlight different issues and general play. Overall absolutely loved it and had some fantastic play here!

Again I'd say maybe more blocking/deflections of passes % and reduce the issue where passes are too short, it works well sometimes but others you can see in the video they barely move the ball at all and it really breaks up the flow of the gameplay and doesn't feel good.

I'd also recommend reducing goalkeeper abilities a little, I think this would allow more success from range.

You'll also see the AI only makes 2 shots on goal the entire 40 minute match (ignore the 3rd its a weird bug).

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.16 - 17.29.19.62.png

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.16 - 18.36.42.05.png

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.16 - 18.37.40.01.png

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.16 - 18.38.04.87.png

FIFA 23 Screenshot 2023.11.16 - 18.39.21.67.png

Last edited:
Reserved - League 1 match vs Mansfield Town where they dominate possession and attack very aggressively compared to the review above

do you have any CTD issue mate?
thanks in advance btw amazing Gameplay by master HELS thanks again for his efforts
I do, yes, now and again. Haven't been able to track down the cause yet, possibly a second touch/control anim issue? Seems to be often when trying to pass without control of the ball/its far away.

I am still using the Fair AI though as my game tends to crash anyways when I bring up the match report screen, so I've just learned to deal with it :P

NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.9 TU17.1

A new update guys! And this one comes with a new Fair AI file, that has been renamed to AI & gameplay rework. You'll see why when you play the game.

About this, I can't say too much without spoiling the result, so I'll make a sober changelog with the changes made:

- Reworked shoots and crosses errors. The error chances and possible results affects also the CPU action choosing, so this affects directly what kind of plays they look for.
- Reworked CPU AI Ball handler, to match better how the players behave in real life. Want a lot of feedback about this one so that I know if I made it right or not.
- Reworked Sprinting bonuses for the different types of accelerations in players (lengthy, controlled and explosive) trying to make a better scenario for each one in terms of game pace, trying to prevent exploits of running into open spaces too easily.

Also there's been changes in Fair AI, that has been renamed. Why? Well... I've found that this lanes in aidefault.ini where commented.

ENABLE_BALL_PLAYER_COLLISION=1
ENABLE_FIZIX_TUNING=1

so I decided to uncomment them, making them be readable by the engine, theoretically. I don't know if it is because of this or not and is just placebo, but I feel the game much better now in terms of animation and animation blending, also acceleration, etc. Players feel much more controllable now, which is nice, and pace feels more flexible.

Trying to further explain the result in words would be spoiling all the fun, so I will let you experience it. As always, try to give me as much feedback as possible.

BTW, this will be probably the last update in a while. Right now, the game is in a sweet spot in many senses, but markings is not one of them. Players let their mark go too far away from them, specially in the area, where they should be following way closer, and this causes the players to receive without pressure in danger zones and score a lot of goals. I need a way of solving this. If anyone here mods on it's own and likes to fiddle around with EBX, and is willing to help, I will be really grateful if I can be given any clue.

Right now, I feel this is one of the things that is hindering more the realistic experience, cause in real life players actually anticipate much more to other player movements and can actually avoid that things from happening. Also, in the current version, the defenders are sometimes too slow when having to change direction and run backwards, so I'll be looking at this in future updates cause I don't like too much the feeling of it, allows for too many exploits.

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE!!
PURE FOOTBALL V1.9 TU17.1

A new update guys! And this one comes with a new Fair AI file, that has been renamed to AI & gameplay rework. You'll see why when you play the game.

About this, I can't say too much without spoiling the result, so I'll make a sober changelog with the changes made:

- Reworked shoots and crosses errors. The error chances and possible results affects also the CPU action choosing, so this affects directly what kind of plays they look for.
- Reworked CPU AI Ball handler, to match better how the players behave in real life. Want a lot of feedback about this one so that I know if I made it right or not.
- Reworked Sprinting bonuses for the different types of accelerations in players (lengthy, controlled and explosive) trying to make a better scenario for each one in terms of game pace, trying to prevent exploits of running into open spaces too easily.

Also there's been changes in Fair AI, that has been renamed. Why? Well... I've found that this lanes in aidefault.ini where commented.

ENABLE_BALL_PLAYER_COLLISION=1
ENABLE_FIZIX_TUNING=1

so I decided to uncomment them, making them be readable by the engine, theoretically. I don't know if it is because of this or not and is just placebo, but I feel the game much better now in terms of animation and animation blending, also acceleration, etc. Players feel much more controllable now, which is nice, and pace feels more flexible.

Trying to further explain the result in words would be spoiling all the fun, so I will let you experience it. As always, try to give me as much feedback as possible.

Thank you for sharing this. But Im going to download for first time.... So Whats the difference beetween Pure Football V1.9 TU17.1 And Pure Football AI & gameplay rework? Which ones latest one? Thank you. and Good Luck.

and what camera do you use .. ? .. you know the angles are different and more or less goals depends on that .. 8-2 on a 20 mins and semi assistance+default camera type+default sliders and a 4 3 3 formation seems a little unrealistic .. but with 1.8.1!

and what camera do you use .. ? .. you know the angles are different and more or less goals depends on that .. 8-2 on a 20 mins and semi assistance+default camera type+default sliders and a 4 3 3 formation seems a little unrealistic .. but with 1.8.1!
The camera doesn't affect the gameplay, but the angles for your inputs, but is a matter to getting used to it. Don't play semi-assisted, as it will take all the fun from the game. The idea is that you're forced to play slower, and pass assistance speeds up the game too much. My recommendation is to play in full manual except the shootings (shootings can be semi-assisted), and contextual dribblings and defensive assistance, which can be on aswell. But passing has to be manual in all the buttons, from normal pass to lob (b) pass, including through pass.

Also, in sliders, put markings to 100, both for CPU and user, cause I sill don't know how to make marks already closer, specially in the area, without making the game feel too fast in the build up and the game too direct (since typically increasing mark in general will make pressure also go higher, but I don't want pressure marks to be higher, but rather, defensive marks, specially towards the back), and mantaining the tactical feeling.

Thank you for sharing this. But Im going to download for first time.... So Whats the difference beetween Pure Football V1.9 TU17.1 And Pure Football AI & gameplay rework? Which ones latest one? Thank you. and Good Luck.
It is explained in the first post. You gotta load both of the mods with the mod manager, and give higher priority to the AI & gameplay rework.

unfortunately CTD still occurs and ruins all the beautiful experience ..! .. probably an animations changed or whatever Fair AI doing so the engine couldn't read correctly .. sorry for my lack of explanation ..

don't played too much without it but when tried without Fair AI there's no CTD .. 1.6.1 & 1.8.1 these are without CTD .. it's like a panic attack when the game are around 70-80 minutes of half, the most frequency CTD occured to me .. haha!

Latest version feels great Hels well done! Passes feel much better. I'll do a more thorough breakdown later but as always your mod is my favourite.
Thanks for your kind words.This words mean a lot to me and is the reason of why I keep sharing my work. A 1.9.1 version will land this weekend, probably, correcting some of the 1.9 problems, specially defense reactivity, so defenders can react better in 1 on 1 situations.

Last edited:
Sorry friend, but whats is CTD?
Crash To Desktop achronymus. Is popular gaming language. Quite astonished that you didn't knew. Basically, CTD is applied to those types of crashes where the game crashes to desktop (desktop or any other thing you've got in the background obviously) without giving any type of identificating message with the reasons of the crash.

Back
Top Bottom