PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - Discussion Thread [ASIM/BHATTI TALK = NOT PC RELATED]

You know, the percentage of people who complain about the PC version is no doubt very tiny. It's just that most of them happen to post on this forum, so it looks like a lot.

I don´t wanna be disrespectful, but this is bullshit!

Ever heard of twitter, facebook and youtube?

90% of the comments there under PES related posts are about complaints about the PC version.

I say it again, to some percentage I see where you are coming from, but you can´t make up stuff and claim that as facts.

You never played the PS4 version, cool. If you´re happy with the PC port, also cool.
I don´t need to play the PS4 version, it´s enough what I see on the vids.

The PC port of PES 2015 in it´s state was a bad (better, a fucked up) version, simple as that.
NO matter what reasons were behind that but it was a bad decision of the devs.
As bad as not implementing split-screen into SSX PS3 version (SSX best snowboard game on PS2).
As bad as not implementing split-screen and game modes on the forthcoming Tony Hawk games (Tony Hawk´s Underground 2 on PS2, I spent hours with it playing it with my kid).
As bad as not releasing Red Dead Redmeption on PC.
And the list goes on and on...

EDIT:
Still, I´m waiting for PES 2016 and wouldn´t call it a crappy port already.
And I´ll decide whether to get it or not.

Last edited:

EDIT:
Still, I´m waiting for PES 2016 and wouldn´t call it a crappy port already.
And I´ll decide whether to get it or not.
This is the right stance about it.
I mean, even if it's different (in this case worse) than the PS4 version, doesn't automatically mean it's crap.

The same happened with PES 2015: I for one was kinda upset at the beginning because we weren't getting the same treatment PS4 users would get, then I tried the demo and said "it's true that it's not on par with PS4 but who cares, it's fun anyway".

I still hope for PES 2016 PC to be on par with PS4, but if this doesn't happen I won't kill myself because of it. I'll just try it and decide whether to buy it or not.

Last edited:

Well, shirt animation is absent on both Next gen/Current gen version of PES 15. And after seeing PES 16 videos- it seems like its absent on PES 16 ps4 too. Anyone else noticed?

Some people cannot debate reasonably without turning it personal.
Just dont do it.

This is the right stance about it.
I mean, even if it's different (in this case worse) than the PS4 version, doesn't automatically mean it's crap.

The same happened with PES 2015: I for one was kinda upset at the beginning because we weren't getting the same treatment PS4 users would get, then I tried the demo and said "it's true that it's not on par with PS4 but who cares, it's fun anyway".

I still hope for PES 2016 PC to be on par with PS4, but if this doesn't happen I won't kill myself because of it. I'll just try it and decide whether to buy it or not.

Exactly, but I always thought: "Konami, why?"
There's just no need to make the PC port worse! And they did that on purpose!

That's just something I don't understand.

I like PES 2015 a lot, but I always wonder why they did that, because if it would be the same, I'd be more excited.

That's the first year in which I have to decide if I buy PES 2016 or just stay with 2015.
Every year I was very excited, but this year - nothing.
Every picture and trailer, which they reveal, just isn't the game I'll get.

There's just no need to make the PC port worse! And they did that on purpose!
What exactly did they do on purpose, and how exactly do you know they did it on purpose? I keep hearing this from some people on this forum, but nobody ever provides valid links to anything factual, it's all just accusations.

What exactly did they do on purpose, and how exactly do you know they did it on purpose? I keep hearing this from some people on this forum, but nobody ever provides valid links to anything factual, it's all just accusations.

Spoken like a true corporate apologist :APPLAUD:

They didn't port the next-gen version to PC on purpose.

Spoken like a true corporate apologist :APPLAUD:
I ask a simple question asking for facts, and the haters post personal insults in response. Typical. Come back when you're ready to discuss like an adult bro.

I ask a simple question asking for facts, and the haters post personal insults in response. Typical. Come back when you're ready to discuss like an adult bro.

Wow! I must have really hit a raw nerve.

Last edited:

Wow! I must have really hit a raw nerve.
I already reported your insult post before you got a chance to edit it bro.

And no, I asked a simple question a couple posts back, and all you're doing is confirming what I said. People keep accusing Konami of "intentionally" doing this and that, but it's all just accusation. Nobody can or is willing to post links proving they did anything intentionally.

I already reported your insult post before you got a chance to edit it bro.

And no, I asked a simple question a couple posts back, and all you're doing is confirming what I said. People keep accusing Konami of "intentionally" doing this and that, but it's all just accusation. Nobody can or is willing to post links proving they did anything intentionally.

1) I'm not your bro!
2) You have no more proof that PES hasn't been deliberatly gimped, than we have proof it was.

Was my "Nice comeback Pottsy!" Comment Really that insulting to you? Mm OK! How rude of me, so sorry!

Last edited:

You have more proof that PES hasn't been deliberatly gimped, than we have proof it was.
Again, I am asking for SPECIFIC PROOF that Konami intentionally went out of their way to "gimp" the PC version. Someone here even accused Konami of making the PC version worse on purpose because they wanted people will buy the PS4 version. So again, instead of responding with empty statements that mean nothing (I sure don't understand what you're saying here), please provide some facts. How about a link, I'll even read it for myself.

Again, I am asking for SPECIFIC PROOF that Konami intentionally went out of their way to "gimp" the PC version.
Bhatti himself said that the PC version was held back on purpose.
https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/499922775218606080

He says it's for accessibility issues. If you believe him, you fall under "case 1" below. If you don't believe him, "case 2" is the route to go:
  1. They are not good enough to provide scalability to the game, so they went for the "let's hold it back so more people even with old rigs can play it and we can sell more"
  2. They could make it scalable but they deliberately decided not to.
People agreeing with the view in case 1 just believe people at Konami don't have time/knowledge to release a properly scalable game on PC.

The ones agreeing with what's said in case 2 believe that Konami could port a totally next-gen and scalable PES game to PC but decided not to.
That's where the "so they did it on purpose to boost sales on PS4" argument usually kicks in.

He says it's for accessibility issues. If you believe him, you fall under "case 1" below. If you don't believe him, "case 2" is the route to go:
  1. They are not good enough to provide scalability to the game, so they went for the "let's hold it back so more people even with old rigs can play it and we can sell more"
People agreeing with the view in case 1 just believe people at Konami don't have time/knowledge to release a properly scalable game on PC.

The ones agreeing with what's said in case 2 believe that Konami could port a totally next-gen and scalable PES game to PC but decided not to.
That's where the "so they did it on purpose to boost sales on PS4" argument usually kicks in.
Thanks. But how are improvements to the PC version this year from last year, "gimping" it? They're making it better than last year.

The fact that the PC version still isn't as good as the PS4 version only shows that they're focused on the PS4. It doesn't prove they're "intentionally" making the PC version worse. Are they intentionally making the PS3 version worse as well? Because that version isn't as good as the PS4 version either. This is just logic.

Are they intentionally making the PS3 version worse as well? Because that version isn't as good as the PS4 version either. This is just logic.
No, of course they're not holding the PS3 version back on purpose. PS3 version has already reached pretty much the boundaries of what PS3 can offer I guess. There's not much room for improvement (in terms of graphics/gameplay of course, modes can be added without problems).

This doesn't apply to PC (where, with some knowledge/will, they could at least make a game that's on par with PS4, but technically it could also be better), I feel they're not pushing the throttle as much as they can with PC.

Again, "gimping it" is a relative term: it doesn't mean that this upcoming game will be worse than PES 2015, it just means it won't probably be on par with the PS4 version.
The reasons could be two: they can't do better than that (because they don't have enough knowledge/time) or they don't want to do better than that (for other reasons like marketing).

We don't have the answer, we probably will never have any official statement by Konami on this matter (well, if Bhatti is to be trusted we actually had an official take on the subject and that was accessibility, but again not everybody believed that).
It's a matter of judgement.

Last edited:

wow, look at all those pissed off tweets, bhatti even mentioned the 'hybrid' game looked good which was clearly not the case, reading those tweets already got me pissed off with konami

This doesn't apply to PC (where, with some knowledge/will, they could at least make a game that's on par with PS4, but technically it could also be better), I feel they're not pushing the throttle as much as they can with PC.
Sure, I can agree with that, obviously the PC version isn't getting the development attention the PS4 version is. But this isn't unexpected or unusual or "intentionally gimping" the game, that's just Konami redirecting their game development resources for bottom line reasons. Console gaming is where the money is now. Look at EA, they stopped development of their PC golf, American football and hockey games over the past few years. Creating a separate PC version was not worth it them obviously, so I can understand why Konami seems to be going down the same road by focusing on the PS4.

Last edited:

Sure, I can agree with that, obviously the PC version isn't getting the development attention the PS4 version is. But this isn't unexpected or unusual or "intentionally gimping" the game, that's just Konami redirecting their game development resources for bottom line reasons. Console gaming is where the money is now. Look at EA, they stopped development of their PC golf, American football and hockey games over the past few years. Creating a separate PC version was not worth it them obviously, so I can understand why Konami seems to be going down the same road by focusing on the PS4.

You must be hurt that fifa will pull vast majority of PC gamers....

So sad...

You must be hurt that fifa will pull vast majority of PC gamers....

So sad...

What are you even on about? He's explained why he thinks EA has stopped development on a few PC games. So what's your response about?

So no news and just the usual annual arguing? Okay.

What are you even on about? He's explained why he thinks EA has stopped development on a few PC games. So what's your response about?
I guess the one thing I haven't acknowledged is that PC gamers might be more invested in PES, in ways console gamers maybe aren't. So I can kinda sorta understand the angst. But at the same time, I've watched the Hardball baseball series, Links Golf, Sierra Sports, EA Golf, EA American football, EA hockey, EA baseball, 2K hockey and 2K baseball all disappear from the PC. IMO it's only a matter of time before Konami and EA pull the plug on their PC football games. Too easy to pirate and not enough of a market. I just enjoy it while we got it, whatever we get.

Last edited:

Sadly for KONAMI EA is present with NEXT GEN on PC for football games
FIFA is NUMERO UNO FLAGSHIP machine for EA...

I guess the one thing I haven't acknowledged is that PC gamers might be more invested in PES, in ways console gamers maybe aren't. So I can kinda sorta understand the angst. But at the same time, I've watched the Hardball baseball series, Links Golf, Sierra Sports, EA Golf, EA American football, EA hockey, EA baseball, 2K hockey and 2K baseball all disappear from the PC. IMO it's only a matter of time before Konami and EA pull the plug on their PC football games. Too easy to pirate and not enough of a market. I just enjoy it while we got it, whatever we get.

I can bet that nothing can be done to stop pc gettin footy games

Last edited:

Sadly for KONAMI EA is present with NEXT GEN on PC for football games
FIFA is NUMERO UNO FLAGSHIP machine for EA...

You can stop the pes v fifa stuff right here before You even start. Dont mention it again.

I'm not a hater... :TTTH:

As you have seen, Adam Bhatti posted it on twitter.
And they could easily port the game from the PS4, too.

So it's clear that they hold back the PC version on purpose.

So we'll see, if the PC version is nearly like the PS4 version, it would be great. I just wanted to say that I'll have to wait until they release some screens etc. from the PC version. If it's good enough, if they revamp the ML and fix the gameplay, I'll definitly buy it. That's all.

But we'll see.

Last edited:

Pes2016 anniversary is only available on ps4. can one imagine how much money would konami get for such a thing from sony? they are literaly refusing further sales on other platforms for the sake of ps4 version.
dumbing down the game for other platforms is a no brainer taking this in consideration. I'm not talking only about pc. just look at the xbox one 720p fiasco.
I couldn't possibly think one would need better proof than this.
it's like beeing slapped in the face by proof.

There's no fiasco. Most game devs had issues with the Xbox One but that is slowly fading away now and hopefully with windows 10 and dx12 out soon Xbox One will be on par with PS4.

So no news and just the usual annual arguing? Okay.

aRz97F7.gif

no news until next week for sure. thats official by now, will there be any news then? not confirmed either

Again, I am asking for SPECIFIC PROOF that Konami intentionally went out of their way to "gimp" the PC version. Someone here even accused Konami of making the PC version worse on purpose because they wanted people will buy the PS4 version. So again, instead of responding with empty statements that mean nothing (I sure don't understand what you're saying here), please provide some facts. How about a link, I'll even read it for myself.

PES 2014 pc has better crowds,better lighting, and animated sideline characters, so does the PES 2015 demo but the full version of PES 2015 lacked these elements. Those elements aren't missing by accident, they were purposely removed.
Why were entrances in Pes 2014 but removed/hidden in Pes 2015?

Last edited:

PES 2014 pc has better crowds,better lighting, and animated sideline characters, so does the PES 2015 demo but the full version of PES 2015 lacked these elements. Those elements aren't missing by accident, they were purposely removed.
Why were entrances in Pes 2014 but removed/hidden in Pes 2015?

Yeah, I don't understand why Konami removed this stuff... :ROLL:

Back
Top Bottom