PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

who said thats an old build?

Link

From someone who has the latest code

Believe what you want, I know for a fact that GC code was built a few months ago, I can tell by the bugs in it that the ball isn't quite touching the players foot in certain animations. Thats the same as the code we played 2 months ago. That bug isn't present in what we have.

Anyway I'm not going to justify anything, I don't think I'm allowed to comment tbh.

We aren't allowed under any circumstance to show what we have because things like licenses aren't signed yet...which of course could cause huge legal problems. The GC code is heavily stripped down to make sure of legal issues, it also needs to be done months before due to all the checking required from all the bodies. I've requested GC code but I doubt I'll be allowed to talk about it anyway.

Final point the videos you are seeing are a very poor representation of the game, filmed badly, played badly. When we get better footage at a later date I am sure it will improve.

I said my last post would be my last post, but I really mean it this time. All hardcore PES fans need to understand that PES is still selling incredibly well, and as long as PES continues to make sales figures in the neighborhood of 8m copies, KONAMI see no need to make any revolutionary changes to a "working" formula. What hardcore fans already know about the PES development team won't change; as long as profits stay high, what's the incentive to innovate?

Just a friendly message to all you prospective PES buyers: by supporting this game and giving your $50 to KONAMI, you support mediocrity and worst of all a PS2 game that's way past its prime.

edited. please no FIFA videos in here, all they do is stir up annoying fanboy flamewars. FIFA 10 Gamescom videos can be found and discussed (!) in our FIFA subforum only. Tom
OK.

Last edited:

capturaesd.jpg

what the... ? :SHOCK:

PES6 on my PC
henryp.png

2010 same crap running, crap goals, funny shorts..

only pitch and stadiums realy look better, defending is better but i mean..

no thanx

:YAWN:

I said my last post would be my last post, but I really mean it this time. All hardcore PES fans need to understand that PES is still selling incredibly well, and as long as PES continues to make sales figures in the neighborhood of 8m copies, KONAMI see no need to make any revolutionary changes to a "working" formula. What hardcore fans already know about the PES development team won't change; as long as profits stay high, what's the incentive to innovate?

Just a friendly message to all you prospective PES buyers: by supporting this game and giving your $50 to KONAMI, you support mediocrity and worst of all a PS2 game that's way past its prime.

:WORSHIP:

Last edited:

I wonder what is the meaning of 360 dribling for Konami. I can see 360 dribbling in Fifa10, not in PES10 videos...

If they keep selling it like a feature, i think ill sue them. :RANT:

Many things got flushed down the toilet today:

1) Hopes of a PES game that moves the way a next-gen football game is supposed to move.
2) Hopes of PES being superior to FIFA in the near future (I'm a PC gamer so I only have one option)
3) WENB credibility.
4) Hopes of PES productions ever impressing the audience at a games convention.

I keep trying to avoid the scene of Messi's abysmal cross animation, only to be met by Henry's horrific finish animation, followed by a "celebration" that can only mean a close relative of his just died right before the game.

Last edited:

Many things got flushed down the toilet today:

1) Hopes of a PES game that moves the way a next-gen football game is supposed to move.
2) Hopes of PES being superior to FIFA in the near future (I'm a PC gamer so I only have one option)
3) WENB credibility.
4) Hopes of PES productions ever impressing the audience at a games convention.

I keep trying to avoid the scene of Messi's abysmal cross animation, only to be met by Henry's horrific finish animation, followed by a "celebration" that can only mean a close relative of his just died right before the game.

library1.jpg

The official trailer released today. Look at it from about 38 seconds in. It's the same gameplay footage that was in the video about cards and tactics sliders released last week.

thanks for clarifying it, much appreciated

Give it up Embrace, we've all been hoping that you would be right but 2010should be equal to FIFA09. A simple calculation will show that:

FIFA06rtwc - PES360 (oldgen ports)
FIFA07 - PES2008 (new engine, although I would debate that in PES' case as I think they havent changed to this day.)
FIFA08 - PES2009
FIFA09 - PES2010
FIFA10 -

So this year's version should be 09, a very good game that needs tweaks. Let's face it, this equals 08 and maybe even 07, it's just that Konami hasn't funded proper development so they have taken 3 years to do what EA did in 1 year.

But it doesnt matter as it's highly amusing, next year FIFA09 will be the first real NG version and 07 and 08 will just be ps2 ports. And then the first news will come out for the xbox720 and PS4 and you can reset yourself. :LMAO:

You would be right if you actually realized Fifa 07 came out in 2006 and Pes 2008 didn't come out until a whole year later.
Which is why Konami are a full 2 years behind EA.

Its simple
Fifa 06, 07 then new engine with 08 (Which happened and is a historical fact)
Pes 1,2 then new engine with 3 (which also happened and is also a fact)

Pes 2008 and 2009 then new engine with 2010, doesn't look like it and it sucks but why? i still blame the PS2 games being made. because they dropped the PS1 after they released PES2.

I have never said anything different from this sorry to disappoint you

Your missing the point anyway Pes 2008 isnt a new engine it takes years to develop it usually funnily enough from a historical point 3 years lol

Last edited:

Not pre-ordering this one. I'll wait and see.

Do you have to spread your negative comments, without adding to the topic, in every single page of the thread?

Damn, please grow up... it is not the end of the world as we know it...

You have to be a fanboy, everyone said "in gamescon they´re showing the final game" or "it´s 85%" blablaba, and now this http://forums.pesfan.com/showpost.php?p=8385559&postcount=239 guy says the game they showed is nothing like the final game, and yadahyadahyadah, get lost.
It´s the almost final build and that´s what we are getting this year, i like it.
It´s a shame the people in the videos play like a pair of jerks running like hell without stopping to think 2 seconds, f****** 10 year old boys.

As I say, I'm not overly impressed but we do not need............"its shit".................."konami are crap"........"no way am I ordering this" all over the thread.

If you think it is utter shit, don't bother coming in to the thread.

I am pre-ordering cus it looks like fantastic fun.........not because it is an amazing replication of football:OOOH:

How many ways are to mean "I won't buy this game" and that's it. The last 10+ pages of same users writing the same meaning with different words... my god.

tbh what we saw was the near ifnal build. it looks ok but the bugs and some anumations are worrying

Embrace said:
Fifa 06, 07 then new engine with 08 (Which happened and is a historical fact) Wrong
Pes 1,2 then new engine with 3 (which also happened and is also a fact) Correct

Just because it wasn't released on PS3, Im assuming this is what you are basing your argument on as there really isn't anything else, doesn't mean it wasn't a new engine. Gaming doesn't begin and end with Playstation, unless ofcourse you are from the Badgerman School of Gaming Excellence. 08 was based on 07, which was a completly new engine:

If you're an Xbox-360-owning fan of the FIFA series, you've no doubt been hotly anticipating the arrival of FIFA 07. Not only because the Xbox 360 version shipped to stores almost a month after other versions, but also because FIFA 07 is purportedly the first soccer game that EA Sports has developed from the ground up for Microsoft's console.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spo...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Thats the first sentence of the review.

I don't really care about the point in your post, whether pro or negative to either game, just prefer it to be based in reality and with accurate information. And seeing as you're a good poster with balanced arguments I just wanted it to be accurate. :D

Last edited:

Im half happy with the videos, game looks nice and I can never love playing fifa like pes until the floaty ball is sorted. I'll get pes 2010 on release and will play it tonnes and after a few weeks give my opinion.

Low quality clips don't give me an idea of how pes feels but from the videos, the rail gameplay looks like it's gone/going, looks alot loser and the ball doesn't seem attached to players.

Konami are trying, games are hard to make and they are going in the right direction, it's not only seabass you can blame. You think everything goes through him and you think he makes all the decisions?

I think the problem with the animations is konami maybe sacrificing to many frames from the original animations to keep performance up, in this way good motion capture can look pretty poor or not as great as the original but won't hit performance as much.

tbh what we saw was the near ifnal build. it looks ok but the bugs and some anumations are worrying

That's what the final stages of developement will be, polishing up things, bug hunting/fixes and simple things like. On release things will be polished, maybe a few new animations and maybe a few more suprises but not much else to whats known now.

Did you play Fifa 08 nevermind what someone trying to sell the game says it played and looked absolutely nothing like Fifa 07 and clearly was a new engine and they have used it ever since.

And your forgetting the time When Fifa 07 came out was the same time Microsoft paid Konami a lot of money just to port Pes 6 quickly onto the Xbox360 so Peter Moore could announce they were the only console to have next gen soccer available for it. maybe that's just a coincidence compared to that previous statement

I think the problem with the animations is konami maybe sacrificing to many frames from the original animations to keep performance up, in this way good motion capture can look pretty poor or not as great as the original but won't hit performance as much.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If FIFA09/10 hadn't been worlds apart in terms of animations, I could have agreed with you.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If FIFA09/10 hadn't been worlds apart in terms of animations, I could have agreed with you.

He's clearly not giving excuses for KONAMI. He's just suggesting a reason why, no need to respond like that. So their world's apart in your view, certainly that makes your choice a lot easier on which one to buy, innit.

Back
Top Bottom