PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

Can't wait to play both games myself tbh. Only then I can just justify whatever it is I'm criticizing about the game. Hopefully it'll bring back the fun I had in its heyday.

@pate seeing as you're just about the only person on this site that's played this game. What was it like? Responsiveness,
tackling,
refereeing,
the no invisible barriers at throw ins, how about a little review?

Embrace and his 3 year plan said:
Its not Funny that's exactly where Konami are in their development stage 2 years behind EA
This is the equivalent of Pes3 and Fifa 08 the real deal will be next year when they can refine the gameplay like EA did with Fifa 09 and Konami did with 4,5 and 6. What are you on about, FIFA07 was the first NG engine!

Suff and Adam go on in their podcast about Konami doing so much work since 2009 and listening to them and their fans, they know better.

This game has been in development behind the scenes for more than a year probably since the PS3 came out just like Fifa 08 was. It's 07, dont change a year just to make your now 3 y.o. argument valid again

you think it takes 2-3 years to create a Game like Fallout or Call of duty but only a year to make a great Soccer game come on.

Pes 2008 and 09 just like the Crap Fifa 06 and 07 are Just upgraded from the PS2 or PC versions to run on next gen with a few upgrades to try and improve them and i can officially go on record now to tell everyone The first 2 version of Fifa and PES on the PS4 and Xbox 720 will be Shit. LMAO (But Seriously they will} UUH, no! FIFA07 was the first NG!

Give it up Embrace, we've all been hoping that you would be right but 2010should be equal to FIFA09. A simple calculation will show that:

FIFA06rtwc - PES360 (oldgen ports)
FIFA07 - PES2008 (new engine, although I would debate that in PES' case as I think they havent changed to this day.)
FIFA08 - PES2009
FIFA09 - PES2010
FIFA10 -

So this year's version should be 09, a very good game that needs tweaks. Let's face it, this equals 08 and maybe even 07, it's just that Konami hasn't funded proper development so they have taken 3 years to do what EA did in 1 year.

But it doesnt matter as it's highly amusing, next year FIFA09 will be the first real NG version and 07 and 08 will just be ps2 ports. And then the first news will come out for the xbox720 and PS4 and you can reset yourself. :LMAO:

Last edited:

I was being sarcastic. Oh well, :FAIL:on my part.

dont worry, man...
i know u were not serious, i know u here a long time...
i was just venting off.. u know, its already the 3rd year of the same crap...

they should have changed the name of this game completly after PES6, its really a shame for a great title like pes6 to be succed by those last 2 games(and most problaby this next one)

Oddly enough, PES6 on 360 played a lot, lot better and was a lot less stiff than PES2008/9 are and 10 looks.

Probably because it wasn't far removed from the PS2 game (though the PS2 game played far better than the 360 version).

Yup, with each game they step further and further away from PES like on the PS2 with it's nice touches and just that awesome feeling it gave you as you played the ball around the pitch and then drilled a shot into the bottom corner.

All I see these days with this engine is this ISS style.

YouTube - -ISS Deluxe- ITA 6-0 WAL (For some forum)

It's no where near as bad as that but you can see a lot of similarities between this and what we have now. But you'd never have said the same about PES6 on PS2.

As negative as I sound though I do still want to play the demo of this. The graphics look nice (always a bonus) the manager side of the ML sounds really really great and I like the card system. I just wish Konami would wake the hell up and listen to the fans and make their gameplay more loose rather than stubbornly churn out the same game to us year after year and act like theirs nothing wrong with it.

I don't want to put anyone off PES10 - if you like the look of it as it is now then fair enough. I'm just annoyed by how the game has been handled by Konami these last few years.

dont worry, man...
i know u were not serious, i know u here a long time...
i was just venting off.. u know, its already the 3rd year of the same crap...

they should have changed the name of this game completly after PES6, its really a shame for a great title like pes6 to be succed by those last 2 games(and most problaby this next one)

I know mate.

More to the point, I find the talk of Konami taking old code to Gamescom - one of the most important games conventions of the year - absolutely ridiculous.

If it's true Konami have reached a new low.:FAIL:

From the GC vids i cannot see 360 movement. But according to R23 and other sources 360 is confirmed. So maybe GC is an old build afterall?

From the GC vids i cannot see 360 movement. But according to R23 and other sources 360 is confirmed. So maybe GC is an old build afterall?

I think we should stay clear of the "old build, new build" talk as it somehow offends plenty of people here. I'm sure its not going to be long until the demo comes out.

If we have 360 movment(ability to start a run in any direction) but not 360 animations(wich would make the ability to turn in any direction possible), this 360 will be pure marketing...and thats what it is so far.

Wasn't a dude over here banned by Adam at WENB last week for criticizing the running animations in the tactics trailer, in a neat post with GIFs and all?

Yeah Adam was right to ban him because the running animations in the Gamescom PES2010 build are just spectacular. Most definitely.

Yes please somebody, who know how run on pesfan make a suggestion and use this image.

capturaesd.jpg
I know. It should be Barcelona in the box NOT Liverpool!!

Wasn't a dude over here banned by Adam at WENB last week for criticizing the running animations in the tactics trailer, in a neat post with GIFs and all?

Yeah Adam was right to ban him because the running animations in the Gamescom PES2010 build are just spectacular. Most definitely.

Antraxa, I think.

I saw his post with video comparisons of running animations last-gen and next-gen. He made a good point.

I think I'm sensing a pattern here.
We wait for PES. -> The other site posts tidbits of info about PES, hyping up the game in the process.-> People get excited.-> PES disappoints some people.-> Anger goes to KONAMI via the other site.

I'm sorry, I know I don't post here often, but its just a laughable situation here.

And regarding the ban, yeah, I find it unreasonable that they give out bans so easily(the animation bit was a good point), that's down to them, but no matter how we slag them off for their way of giving news and or handling their site, its not going to change how the game is developed in any way.

Last edited:

The_Knight, stop the crap with the speed of the game. Videos from cameras always show the game faster, not like the one you take from youtube that it was directly captured from a PC's Pro Evolution.

The videos are useful to see the animations and some mechanics of the game, but the speed they show cannot be taken as a fact. I am disappointed, but we have to say the things that are not accurate.

About the now cliche "old build/new build", guys that is CRAP, useless crap. I dont believe a word of that.

(sarcasm mode on)

Of course the demo will be of an old build, now that is a FACT.

(sarcasm mode off)

The_Knight, stop the crap with the speed of the game. Videos from cameras always show the game faster, not like the one you take from youtube that it was directly captured from a PC's Pro Evolution.

The videos are useful to see the animations and some mechanics of the game, but the speed they show cannot be taken as a fact. I am disappointed, but we have to say the things that are not accurate.

About the now cliche "old build/new build", guys that is CRAP, useless crap. I dont believe a word of that. And of course the demo will be of a old build :D

I'm sorry, I'm just new to this whole "watching game videos online" thing. In fact, today is the first day I've ever seen a video of a football game online. In reality, the animations are brilliant and the pace of the game is slow, and fantastic.

Have you seen the FIFA10 videos captured by camera? How about PES6 videos captured by camera? In reality, I'm sure they were running in slow motion.

You have a good day.

Yup, with each game they step further and further away from PES like on the PS2 with it's nice touches and just that awesome feeling it gave you as you played the ball around the pitch and then drilled a shot into the bottom corner.

All I see these days with this engine is this ISS style.

YouTube - -ISS Deluxe- ITA 6-0 WAL (For some forum)

It's no where near as bad as that but you can see a lot of similarities between this and what we have now. But you'd never have said the same about PES6 on PS2.

As negative as I sound though I do still want to play the demo of this. The graphics look nice (always a bonus) the manager side of the ML sounds really really great and I like the card system. I just wish Konami would wake the hell up and listen to the fans and make their gameplay more loose rather than stubbornly churn out the same game to us year after year and act like theirs nothing wrong with it.

I don't want to put anyone off PES10 - if you like the look of it as it is now then fair enough. I'm just annoyed by how the game has been handled by Konami these last few years.

Is that really ISS delux? in my head it looked much better than this

I thought it was the dogs bollox when I was 15 on my N64

Yes that was me :BOP: but i haven't ban from Adam , it's was some gay Danny , some Mod .
I want to ask somebody ho have account in WENB , to make one Topic in FeedBack zone " Feedback from GamesCom 2009 "
All this your's freedback , all this negative must be showed on Konami ! ;)

I'm still trying to get my head around Konami putting old build footage in their Gamescom trailer. The same gameplay footage that got savagely panned only a week ago.

:?

I'm sorry, I'm just new to this whole "watching game videos online" thing. In fact, today is the first day I've ever seen a video of a football game online. In reality, the animations are brilliant and the pace of the game is slow, and fantastic.

Have you seen the FIFA10 videos captured by camera? How about PES6 videos captured by camera? In reality, I'm sure they were running in slow motion.

You have a good day.

I have not seen videos of FIFA captured by camera... is that relevant? We are talking about PES... you say that the game is fast, take a look at the HD video (which is crap to be honest) and you will see the pace is slower compared to those ones uploaded by Pat in his blog.

The video of PES6 you put in comparison is a direct capture from PC, there is no camera at all in the lineage. So it cant be compared with a video filmed with a handheld camera.

Last year PES 2009 videos look faster than the game. Now it is the same. No big deal.

Finally, I did not say that the animations were good. I think some are good, most are crap. And the game for me it is pretty similar to PES 2009, but [sarcasm] I will wait for the newer build played by PESFAN[/sarcasm] :D

Guys slightly off topic but where would you recommend pre-ordering from to get it a day or so early.Don't mention SHOPTO (card cloners)

Thanks and keep the faith, it aint all that but it looks great fun.

Game got slated last year for poor animations now this year they are still shocking so much for listening to feedback.

Swear Konami have just gave up and are now releasing PES Circus Edition in disguise.

Back
Top Bottom